April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

dan-o hope you are feeling better day by day. Sorry you had a bad night. Hopefully that was the worst of it & you are on the way to being much much better.

Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry I haven't been on here much lately. There is just so much drama going on right now & I'm just trying to not freak out too badly.

Good Luck to everyone getting scans today!!!!

congrats to all on good scans today and this week!!! And good luck to anyone with a scan coming up!

I have a midwife appointment next Wednesday and I am hoping to heavens that she uses a doppler to listen to the hb. I know i mentioned that i ordered one, but the order got cancelled and by then i had calmed down and decided i wouldn't order it again. So it would be nice to have that reassurance! My next scan isn't until november 21st at 20+1. Seems forever away.

On the plus side I am officially in 2nd tri! I wanted to hold out to 14 weeks before I made it official, but here i am!!

Lily I am jealous of people who can just use a towel - when DS was newborn it worked for us but now he rolls squirms tries to stand/crawl away and a towel is useless! Def need something held to the changing pad with elastic now.

Same here! There have been times I have actually had to lie dd down on the ground and sit down with her and hold her arms down with my feet while trying to change her diaper. :haha: It's a massive struggle every time.

When she was a newbie, though, I did put a prefold/flat down under her butt on the changing pad so that if she tinkled/pooed while I was changing her I wouldn't have to change the whole pad cover. Now that she has pretty decent control of her bladder I don't bother (just watch, she is going to pee everywhere tonight :haha:).

I haven't had to use the extra pad for awhile now either - but now mentioning it I'll be doomed to a mess in the near future soon I'm sure lol! Good luck to us hehe!

Changing diapers can be an exhausting experience at this age I totally agree. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

Whoa. The bump has gotten out of control. :wacko: One of those catch-a-glimpse of myself in a window while walking by things. I took a new picture but can't upload it until later. Easily as big as I was at 6-7 months (seriously!) pregnant with dd. :wacko: I can't really believe it. :haha: I've gained 0.2 pounds from my prepregnancy weight (and I'm going by the weight I was right before I ovulated so a true pre-pregnancy weight!) as of Sunday so it's not like I'm just getting super fat or something.

Me too littlespy, my bump is very clear right now! And I hardly ate anything for dinner (feeling a bit ropy this evening...)

Feeling a bit sorry for myself tonight. I feel a bit sick, but not in a great mood either. I probably did the cat an injury when I picked him up and threw him out the back door half way across the garden...but he has been so whiny lately, nothing makes him happy!! Stupid moggy.

Are you getting a morning bump too? Mines quite a prominent bulge in my lower abdomen already, but this morning it was lopsided and all bunched up on my left lol! I remember Sidney favouring my left side as well, it looks so weird tho :haha:

aww I wanna see bumps! I havent been to work since friday due to MS and I have popped out loads. they are going to be shocked tomorrow when i see them! lmao.

DLover my next scan is 19th November so I am waiting with you! xxx

Oh, I just thought of another thing on my list of baby necessities that I thought were stupid pre-baby.

VIDEO MONITOR. My BIL sent us one (he's stationed across the country). It sat in the box for months. We even contemplated returning/exchanging it for something we "really needed." We thought "Oh, we always have baby with us; a video monitor is completely pointless." Yeah. Turns out you're not going to spend every second of the day with your baby for the rest of your life. Also turns out that baby is going to stop being able to sleep in a bouncy chair at your feet and is going to take naps in a crib. Also turns out that you're not always going to want to go to bed when baby goes to bed. :wacko: So, yeah, we installed the monitor when she was 3-4 months old and I've thanked my lucky stars ever since that day that we decided to keep it! I still sometimes look at her sleeping just to make sure she's still breathing. It's also really handy for when she wakes up quietly and tries to get away with something naughty like chewing the side of the crib (by the way, that's probably going to happen, so either make some fleece covers for the crib rails or just go ahead and get over it and don't spend a crazy amount of money on a crib). I also love that it has a 2-way talk feature so when she's being fussy or whiney, I can just talk to her through the monitor and she'll settle down, whereas if I went into the room, she'd get all worked up again as soon as I left. :thumbup:

Hmmm, I don't know about "morning bump." :haha: I still feel like mine is primarly bloat or organs or something and not my uterus. I think my humongo-cyst also plays a part.

Maisie favored my right side. It'd be this HUGE lump on my right and then drastically drop off on the left side. My husband thought it was hilarious. Then I'd poke at her some and she'd kick me back and wiggle around back toward the middle and a few minutes later she'd be all bunched up on the right again. :dohh:

Gosh. I'm still finding it a big surreal that I'm doing this again. :haha: The whole thing is so weird. I'm growing a person?

we didnt have a video monitor but we had a normal one. However now that this baby will be sleeping on the second floor and not the third when they go into their own room I am contemplating one. One thing I wonder about though is when the room is dark, how can you still see baby on it?

x

Our monitor has an infrared camera, so you can see baby even if it's super dark. :thumbup:

A bit creepy, though, because if she's awake, her eyes glow.

Hmmm, I don't know about "morning bump." :haha: I still feel like mine is primarly bloat or organs or something and not my uterus. I think my humongo-cyst also plays a part.

Maisie favored my right side. It'd be this HUGE lump on my right and then drastically drop off on the left side. My husband thought it was hilarious. Then I'd poke at her some and she'd kick me back and wiggle around back toward the middle and a few minutes later she'd be all bunched up on the right again. :dohh:

Gosh. I'm still finding it a big surreal that I'm doing this again. :haha: The whole thing is so weird. I'm growing a person?

hahaha Cam was head down for so long. He stayed perfectly centered in my tummy but he was back to back most of the time. Look at this pic of the last few weeks. He made my tummy like an egg shape :cloud9: it cracked me up. I miss this stage loads. I used to be able to tickle his feet.

Attachments

• Egg.jpg
    Egg.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 4
aww infrared! i see! ooh yeah a bit paranormal activity esque!

I got an ip camera and set it up via my router so I get the picture on my iPhone, it's really handy! I have another watching my dogs lol!

Hello ladies...
I haven't been on here for some time.
I hope everyone's baby's are growing to be strong and healthy :winkwink:

So much has happened the last 3 weeks. While I was driving to work, I started to feel this sharp pain in my lower back. At the moment, I just figured I had slept wrong or something. The pain got more intense through out the day and by the time I got home from work I was in tears. I ended up at the ER the following day. They explained that I had a bad kidney infection. :dohh:
Sent me home with antibiotics and a few days of bed rest.
Well pain got better a for a few days, then by that Sat. evening pain had come back and just seemed to magnify in intensity. I was in tears and practically on my knees bc I was unable to stand or walk from how UNBEARABLE the pain was. So my wonderful mother and bf took me to the ER yet again. Infection was no where near gone. They ended up admitting me into L&D and running an IV and antibiotics. They also gave me a low dose of vicodin to help me rest, mind you I had to sleep sitting up bc I couldnt move around without it hurting. Well long story short I followed up with my OB and she told me to continue with by oral meds and be on bed rest for a week. It was probably caused by the extra work my kidneys are putting in with baby in the oven now. She did and US and saw baby and it's little heart beating up a storm. So THANKFULLY baby is good. I have my next appt. on the 18th and hopefully we get to find out what we're having then. With the trouble I'm having so far, my mom and gma have predicted a boy (old wives tale huh) hehe.

Well I hope everyone is doing well :hugs:

Hi ladies,
Hope everyone is doing well. Had my NT scan today at 13 weeks and baby is measuring perfectly with a heartrate of 148bpm. Was so lovely to see. He/she is such a wriggly worm. Just would not stay still an would keep flipping and rolling so its back was to us. Very cute...

Attachments

• I20121010123236421.jpg
    I20121010123236421.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back