April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

lol just putting my feet up and resting this week since im off. trying to stay out the kitchen or ill just go munching lol

Hi Ladies,

Any of you considering co sleeping? I'm new to all this but figure while breastfeeding, it would be easier to have the LO right there...

Found this and cusious what you guys think

https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-First-Years-Close-and-Secure-Baby-Sleeper/3205748

Congrats on the scans & I'm totally jealous of you ladies who know the gender!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed there is a miracle on Monday & I get to see the gender!!!! I'll only be 12w3d so most likely not, but I can always hope....

I sent oh a text & email yesterday since I don't know if his cell has been turned back on or not & I know he can check his email at work (if he's going). I haven't heard back from him yet.

A HUGE turn of events yesterday. The SIL called me. I really have only met his family a couple of times & only for a brief moment as he isn't on speaking terms with them. He had me believing they wanted nothing to do with me or the baby. Well apparently that is not the case at all. I spoke with her for about 30 minutes. I'm sure she most likely thinks I'm a basket case as I coudn't stop crying. They are wanting to get to know me & made it clear that if I need anything they will be there for me. She didn't seem a bit surprised over anything I told her & said they would stand behind me in my decision to keep the baby from him unless he sobers up. I am now going to lunch on Friday with his sister & mother..... EEEKKK!!! I'm really pretty nervous. But it's a good thing. And if he doesn't answer my text or email regarding the appointment on Monday his sister is going to go. I let her know that it means the world to me that they are wanting to be a part of our baby's life & my issues aren't with them at all.

Hopefully this will be a good turn of events.

Maybesoon that is great news! Lovely that your LO will be able to know oh's family, even if he is a total asshole. And so lovely that SIL made the first move, I'm sure that was difficult. Can't wait to hear how the lunch goes.

In terms of finding out gender, one of the main reasons I won't is because I know of two people in the last 2 years who have been told the wrong thing at their 20 week scan. My brother and SIL didn't want to find out the gender, but my brother is a doctor and after the 20 week scan asked the sonographer "It's a girl isn't it?" The sonographer announced that it was...
Jacob is very much a boy!

And another instance of saying girl and getting a boy in a family friend. Luckily my SIL didn't know so hadn't bought anything girly, but the family friend went out and bought PINK everything, and then had a boy!!!!! Nightmare!

I know these are the rarities, but 2 cases out of only 5 people I know who have found out gender is too high for me!!! :haha:

steph82, I co-slept with both my kids and that is a very useful thing to have when they start rolling but it can also be annoying having to lift baby in and out of it before and after feeds. xx

Me and OH just had a MASSSSIVE fight over dirty dishes lol...

sounds great maybesoon!! Hope it all goes well! xx

doggylover - they got both mine right but I prefer to wait for the 20 week scan where the odds are something like 90% accurate, rather than at 13 weeks, 75% and 15 weeks 80%. I always buy unisex clothing and bedding with the gender sought out stuff just in case. I know a few who got it wrong too lol xx

Hi ladies had my nt scan today all is good so far till I get results but mw said it looked normal! Baby is happy and bouncing around! I'm measuring 12+2 so due date has changed to 23 rs April! She said she shouldn't really say but she thinks it may be a boy! And I agree! What do you ladies reckon?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 7
doggylover I completely understand your reasoning behind not wanting to know the gender. I have heard of people that has happened to, lucky for me it hasn't happened to anyone I know personally.

Even if we are told one way or the other I won't be buying gender specific stuff at this point. I like to keep to the neutrals.....

No offense to anyone, but I can't stand infant girls dressed from head to toe in nothing but PINK.... Those huge pink bows on their tiny little heads drive me insane!!!! It's a personal opinion!!!

maybesoon: Such good news your SIL got in touch with you and that side of the family are supporting you to. Hope lunch goes well to.

I so wanna know that sex of my baby as much as i think its a boy and keep calling it a he lol would be nice just to know for sure. I dont know anyone who was been told wrong sex before so im hoping i wont be the first either lol.

Just have to wait for this letter with a scan date on it.

Is it crazy that i wanna go for a walk in this rain right now :| lol

Thank you ladies for the well wishes!

Maybesoon- Sorry for things turning out the way they have with your hubby...but I am happy to hear that his family is supporting you and your decision to have the baby. That's a great support system and hopefully he opens his eyes.

To all you ladies posting your scan pics.. gorgeous babies!! :D Can't wait for my next scan. Hopefully we find out what we're having.... hoping for TEAM BLUE!..hehe

Maybe soon I'm the same about pink pink pink. I don't understand why everything for girls HAS to be pink! I hated pink as a child, I think I was being rebellious :haha: and I'm worried if baby is a girl (which I think she is!) ill struggle to find things I like for her to wear for a while!!

Kealz congrats on a great scan and a good pic!! And hopefully your little BOY will be confirmed at next scan! Exciting! Ill get your due date changed as well!

doggylover I'm the same way. I hated pink as a child, hate it even more now that I'm older. My niece is covered head to toe in pink constantly. My mom & I make it a point to buy her anything but pink no matter what we get her!!! hehehe. Before the oh & I split up we got into a fight because we were out shopping with my mom one day & she made a comment about never buying anything pink if we had a girl. It pissed him off so badly when we got home he brought it up and stated that if he wanted to dress her in pink he would. I corrected him & told him all she said was "SHE" wouldn't ever buy pink not that "YOU" weren't allowed. I also reminded him that we had had the "PINK" discussion a million times before we got married & while we were TTC. Did he think my thoughts & feelings on it would just change because I was now pregnant?!?!?!?

Anyway, I'm still holding out for TEAM BLUE!!! But I too have a feeling I'll be delivering team PINK.... In which case I'm sending my doctor into the nursery to find "MY BOY"!!!! lol

Do you still have nurseries in America? Whe they put all the babies in together? We don't have that here anymore.

Your oh is such a delight sometimes isn't he?! :haha: you never know we could both end up with little girls who are obsessed with pink!!

lmao!!! yes we still have nurseries here. But they encourage the moms to keep the baby in the room with them as much as possible now days, which I really like.

Yeah. That's what I keep telling my Mom... Since I'm such a tomboy and grew up in the country with animals and well it seems that the oh just loves his little princess, I'm going to end up with a little princess how is obsessed with pink & who will refuse to get her hands dirty.... oh the joys!!!!

And yes the oh totally became an arse after we got the BFP! I swear aliens swooped down & gave him a personality transplant. I'm not even kidding about that at all. I'm sure people have read my posts & think I am insane because I "claim" not to have seen any of this coming..... Well he honestly changed over night....

So I go to the doctor on Monday afternoon when I will be 12w3d. My doctor is the one that actually does the ultrasounds herself. And she is amazing.... What do you ladies think the odds are that she will be able to tell me what we are having???

I have to admit, I am very anti pink! I don't own one item of pink clothing! Plus it doesn't suit my skin tone lol! But Paige is very much a little Girly girl! Loves pink and dressing up! Although her wardrobe is varied as I loooove green and yellow on her they so suit her, she has lots of pink to, but I work her outfits so they are varied! I make sure she is not pink head to toe! And head bows....... Lol they don't stay on and are so pointless! My sil came over for dinner once and her lo is 2 yrs old lol an he got covered in his dinner and forgot his pjs so I lent her some of Paige's as I had some my mum bought that were huge..... Safe to say she was not impressed with the pink lol so tried to get me back once when the same happened to me! Lol blue looked great on her ha! Lol x

Lol Kealz! It's nice that your LO has a mix of stuff to keep your (and her) options open if she feels like a pink day! I also hate those head bow things. Especially when the baby HAS NO HAIR!

Maybesoon, ask the dr for gender, she might give you a guess!!!! And maybe with oh he started to change because he was no longer your focus? And you had less time for his crap? I dunno...did you ask him to go to the scan with you?

Lol well sadly my lo still has no hair hehe! I was the same till I was 18 months then in came the long curls! If she wasn't so pretty and feminine you would think she is a little boy lol! Bless her but she doesn't like things on her head never has! Even hats! Lol xxx

Aww hair or not I bet she's adorable! It always seems funny to me that little girls' hair seems to take longer to grow thick than boys' hair!

lol.... I hate seeing those babies that have the bows on that are so tight they are cutting into the poor baby's heads.... UGH! I can't stand headbands so I don't expect an infant to like them either!!!

doggylover.... I think once we actually go the BFP he realized the $250 a week he was spending on beer was about to become an issue as we now had much more important things to purchase.... And I did send him a text and an email yesterday afternoon as just a reminder, but I haven't received a response back. I know he can check his email at work (that's if he has been going). As of last week his internet at home had been shut off for not paying the bill and his cell was to be shut off in just a few days. I haven't heard from him since Monday evening so his cell may be shut off now also..... I don't know... But how the heck am I going to be able to let him know when I go into labor if he won't pay his stinking bills?!?!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->