April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Thanks maybesoon & teamo!

Maybesoon best if luck I'm sure they will be very welcoming!!! Thinking of you and hoping it goes better than you could ever wish for!!!

Hi all! Well I love pink BUT I certainly wouldn't be dressing my little girl all in pink or boy in blue I'm a definate fan of unisex colours!!

Well I've had a miserable start to the day been feeling sick & puking again for a few days just had Midwiffe over (was sick while she was here-oops!) I've got a temperature and protein in urine so try have ordered antibiotics and if I'm no better on Sunday I have to go into hospital :( :( also she listened to bubs omg I panicked it took ages to find him/her they where hiding!! Phew!!!!

Well off to bed for me now & try to keep drinking (water that is not booze lol!!)

Hope everyone is well xx

Oh hun, I hope you feel better really soon!
Stay in bed and drink a lot of fluids, I will be thinking about you :hugs:

I had a super long day today, I went to pick up my NT, HCG and Papp A results then had to go to the other side of the city for some paper work (not for me:nope:) and then back, grocery shopping etc. I'm up and running around like crazy since 6 am!!!:sleep: Super tired. I just want to have a shower, curl up in the couch and watch a movie....

I understand your frustration!

I've been AWHOL for the last week or so with Canadian Thanksgiving and being sick still, and trying to get caught up with teaching stuff.

My students had a mid-term last week and I finally finished marking them yesterday. I have 32 students... and out of 32, 9 of them FAILED! That's almost 1/3 of my students! And it wasn't even a hard midterm. I couldn't believe it. These guys need to get serious and pull their socks up. They're in university now and they need to be accountable for their own learning. If they don't get something, they need to ask questions. ARRGGGGHHHH! :dohh:

I totally agree! My most immature, lazy students are the kids in my GCSE class (for any non-UK GCSEs are a set of exams you sit at 16 and without a C grade or above you fail. They are the most basic qualification you get in schools here, but without them you are pretty much screwed lol) they don't understand that I am not there to spoon feed them, and they need to be responsible.

Ahhhhhhhh totally just felt bubs!!! I remember that feeling like yesterday Xx

That is so exciting!!!!!!! Wonderful news!

Afm, I'm stretching today! Sore all day, but not too bad, if that makes sense?! Also, the cat is well and truly out of the proverbial bag in terms of people knowing. I wanted to keep quiet until midwife appointment next week, and since last night my uncles and aunts, all my university friends and all my dh's friends from his hometown have found out!!! There are now 4 people who don't know....4 of my closest friends!! In less than 24 hours we've "gone viral" so to speak, but asked everyone not to mention on FB until I get a chance to speak with these girls. Insanity.

Blame my mother. That woman would be useless under torture...

bahaha doggylover.... Your mom sounds like mine! Mine didn't keep it a secret for 30 seconds.... Gotta love how excited they are for us though!!!

Once I told my grandma she was an unstoppable machine! I didn't ask her not to say anything and I know it's just because she's excited, but I just didn't expect it to happen so suddenly lol!

Oh wow a lot has gone on since I left for my conference/vacation last week! Took me forever to catch up! Glad to read everyone's stories, though! I love looking at all the gorgeous scan pics and bumps! Congrats to everyone on them. :happydance: I think I might have somewhat of a bump, but only one that I can tell when I lift my shirt and look close. No one else notices yet. I know it will come, but I keep wondering when it will! I want to be able to show something for all the work my body is putting in! lol. Of course I know I will be regretting saying I want to show when I am as big as a balloon near the end!

I have my 16 week appt next week. I don't think I am scheduled for an U/S unless the dr can't find the hb with the doppler. :( I am trying to think if there is anything I can do to make him pull out the U/S machine. :-k ?? ha ha. I am getting anxious to find out what we are having and if we could just get a sneak peak next week I bet we would have a good idea!

My conference and vacation went well. I had a good time spending time with family and seeing the sights around the area. One bad thing is I caught a cold bug while I was over there and had a sore throat and the sniffles, which has now transitioned into a cough. I think it is subsiding now, though...fingers crossed!

I think I am completely over MS now (knock on wood). I haven't felt sick for about a week and a half now! Sorry to those still suffering...hopefully it will come to an end soon and you can enjoy the second tri!

lol doggylover.... My mom was on the computer at 6am the morning after looking at cribs..... But I knew the second I told my mom it was going to spread like wildfire!!! I so love that woman.

Lol Maybesoon, is this the first grandchild? It's not for us, I have a nephew, but I'm the first girl to get pregnant, as my sister pretty much refuses :haha: so I think my mum enjoys it being her news to share and having me to fuss over!

Bjs sorry to hear you have been feeling awful. Hopefully a good rest at the weekend will see the back of your cough and symptoms :) also glad you had a nice time away. I have my 15/16 midwife appointment next week as well, and I don't even know if she'll use a Doppler. I hope so, and I am definitely asking as some ladies have said that their midwife only does it when asked.

Well my day has been a very unproductive one.. I had loads of cramping over the last 2 nights and today bump looks huuuuge. so must have popped. it looks funny when I walk. loads of hot flashes I done the school run in a vest and hooded top i was still hot lol. After a massive pastry stuffed with bacon and cheese binge I fell sleep for 3 hours only woke up for the school run then raided the fridge

Doggylover.... I'm actually the last kid on both sides of my family to have a baby!!! My brother has 2 but they live over 8 hours away so we don't see them often. However, the whole family has been aware my entire life how badly I've wanted children of my own. So I think they are just really excited that it has finally happened, even though the situation has become what it has.

At least you have lots of niece and nephew experience then!!

I'm hoping my friends think the same way as your family. One of our group recently announced she is (6weeks) pregnant and they were pretty scathing. I think that's one reason I was so reluctant to tell them. But they know about my mc and I've made it very clear to them that we have been waiting for this for a long time (since we first started dating!) so I'm hoping they feel the same way as your family about it!!

So that's me outed. Everyone I am close to officially knows I am pregnant!

Nimbec I hope you feel better soon hun, sounds horrid! :hugs:

Lol Maybesoon, is this the first grandchild? It's not for us, I have a nephew, but I'm the first girl to get pregnant, as my sister pretty much refuses :haha: so I think my mum enjoys it being her news to share and having me to fuss over!

I'm the same boat doggylover! This will be my parents first grandchild and for a while they thought it would be their only shot at grandchildren (my sister is a lesbian, and used to be VERY anti-children, although her and her fiancee have decided that they do want to try for children now, which is a relief! It's not all on me to create the grandkids now! lol)

So my parents are pretty excited too. My mom has been knitting up a storm ever since she found out we were even trying. :haha: She let the beans spill to one of her gf's, although she swears she didn't actually tell her. But she was moaning about a super cute baby outfit that she wanted to buy and resisted....and her friend was like, Ooh Ok. I getcha. lol I feel like that's a pretty big giveaway. :dohh:

Haha well my mum insists it was my granny who told my uncle- he told me it was my mum! They aren't as sneaky as they think sometimes!

I have my SILs mother knitting for me lol! And my own mil but my mum is useless at that (we aren't a crafty family) so she's all about the buying!

So I thought my secret way being well kept from my friends. Everyone I told today said "yeah I thought you were from those pictures. Even my mum/dad/sister asked if you we're!" :dohh:

Lol... My dad's side are the crafty ones & make quilts & afghans constantly.... I inherited none of that gene :(

My cousin has already made me an afghan & is working on the quilt now.

The meeting with the to be ex inlaws went well & ended lasting 5 1/2 hours. They seem really sweet & as if they genuinely want to be there for me & a part of our lives. I learned so much tonight about the oh that my head is still spinning & I'm not sure how long it will take to absorb & process it all. Pretty much his family says he's a womanizer & drunk. He puts on a great show to win a girl, uses her for her money for as long as he can, then ends it when the money runs out or things aren't going perfectly for him..... Explained a lot to me & why the sudden snap when I got pregnant. So I'm heartbroken that my life has been a complete lie with him & the little hope I had of him coming around is completely gone. But his family promised to be there for me & want to see me again in a couple of weeks. They honestly seem concerned about me & Lo. At least I know my baby will have them...

So pleased it went well Maybesoon hun, they sound great! At least you will be getting some support, if your ex doesn't pull his socks up! Still hoping the penny will drop with him and he will suddenly grow up tho! Xx

So glad it went well Maybesoon :)

I am wondering a little why if this is a pattern they never objected when you guys got married etc? I know probably you wouldn't have listened as he would have said "oh they are trying to make life difficult for me, they hate me" etc. but you'd think they would have tried to prevent it from going that far?

As my sis is a lot younger, this is the first baby in my immediate family. For dh's family it is the 4rth as his sis has 3 children already.

maybesoon glad everything went well and you have there support. xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"