April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Guess I could always send him a letter through the US Postal Service!!! :haha:

In norway we had a nursery, I woke up and DS was gone I started freaking out but they had taken him so I could get some extra sleep after labour lol... They had a canteen, tv room, on site parenting classes and a hair dressers we could stay for 3 days.. here in uk they just kick you out after 3 hours!!

I dont think you should deprive your kid of a colour lol, my daughter loves pink and purple, I buy her it because that is her preference. I'm not going to discourage my child from liking a colour :p She also loves nicki minaj, I hate nicki minaj

I wouldn't ever discourage my child - what they like is t heir choice, but a new baby won't know pink from poop colour!! If my child chooses pink, I'm all for it, but I will steer clear of it in my early choices!

You took the words right out of my mouth doggylover.

If my kiddo decides later that she likes pink, she will be allowed to wear it. I have NO problem with that.

colors to me is just like sports teams. I can't stand for people to dress their babies & toddlers in the team of their choice & tell them constantly that's "their" team. I will make sure my kiddo has a variety. I have a friend that has already gotten him/her a University of Texas sippy cup that say's "Longhorn in training".... It's really funny because my whole family on my Dad's side all have gone to A&M University.... So my parents & I got a laugh out of it & made sure the family knew they were too late on brainwashing my little one to one school or the other.....

I think little girls are super cute in those bows, sure make sure their not tight, they are usually elastic, my DD didnt have hair until she was 2 so I loved putting those head bands on her instead. we put DS in man u shirts as a baby or england shirts when he gets older if he changes his team thats fine, its just clothes it barely matters really its personal preference of the parents, we have a range of colours for ds too. Girls are cute to dress up in dresses and stuff I think anyway lol.

no doggylover! I thought I was only in for a day or 2 of pain!! My kids keep hitting it :(

My daughter thinks she is a ninja and keeps popping up out of nowhere scaring me!! haha she's a nutter!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I think everyone should get/be offered the flu vaccine. Yeah, it would be expensive, but when you think of the impact on the economy of people who don't get it getting sick and taking time off work, I would say it all evens out!

Kristy, are you close to your MIL? Could you phone and tell her?

I am very close to her but I wanted to let him tell the news. Its ok, we agreed that I could text her my scan pic this afternoon and then he will call her. So I'm very excited! Today is the day I can announce my special news to the whole world, lol. :thumbup:

why wont he tell her Kristy? xx

Doggylover, I agree! the flu is the longest bug I know of, 2 weeks of down time. I honestly hope it's true that my kids can get the flu jab from next year, we get it free on the NHS, it would stop so many people getting sick.

Im not 100% sure why. He has terrible communication skills. You can never get anything out of him. But I guess that's a lot of males, lol. I think he just wanted to wait as with the other 3 we told them almost immediately. I can't get a straight answer out of him. It kind of makes me worry that maybe he isn't excited? :( He did say something the other day that confused me and that is that he thinks he has had no say or input during the pregnancy so far. I really dont get that though. Maybe he feels like he hasn't got much control so at least wanted to make the decision as to when to tell people. Either way we decided to tell her today and then I can tell everyone!! xx

Grr my blood pressure at my midwife's appointment next week will be through the roof. Just had a class of 23 turn up (12/13 year olds) 17 of them without homework done. I could have MURDERED them.

Breathe....

Sitting here doing some pelvic floor!

I understand your frustration!

I've been AWHOL for the last week or so with Canadian Thanksgiving and being sick still, and trying to get caught up with teaching stuff.

My students had a mid-term last week and I finally finished marking them yesterday. I have 32 students... and out of 32, 9 of them FAILED! That's almost 1/3 of my students! And it wasn't even a hard midterm. I couldn't believe it. These guys need to get serious and pull their socks up. They're in university now and they need to be accountable for their own learning. If they don't get something, they need to ask questions. ARRGGGGHHHH! :dohh:

doggylover I completely understand your reasoning behind not wanting to know the gender. I have heard of people that has happened to, lucky for me it hasn't happened to anyone I know personally.

Even if we are told one way or the other I won't be buying gender specific stuff at this point. I like to keep to the neutrals.....

No offense to anyone, but I can't stand infant girls dressed from head to toe in nothing but PINK.... Those huge pink bows on their tiny little heads drive me insane!!!! It's a personal opinion!!!

I feel exactly the same way maybesoon!! I HATE the colour pink in general, and it drives me crazy when little girls are decked out in it right down to the last little bit. I work in a daycare during the summer and we couldn't ever have colour-themed days because the girls were all wearing pink everyday anyway!

I want to find out the gender, but I won't be telling anyone else. That way I can be sure to avoid getting *Everthing* in either blue or pink. I like gender nuetral clothing, with little hints of pink of blue.

Me too readytomum... I love the little girls rompers that are greens & yellows with just a little pink. But I also won't be dressing my kiddo if a boy in all blue either although blue is my very favorite color....

Ahhhhhhhh totally just felt bubs!!! I remember that feeling like yesterday Xx

Mommabrown- dont say unfortunately! I love it! Is it your first baby? its a similar size to mine apart from I just look fat. pmsl. I will put my bump up in a min.

:)

xx

No this is baby #4 that has made it this far. Looks like this one is hanging in there.

Yes hun, that ones doing well! fab bump xx

Hi all! Well I love pink BUT I certainly wouldn't be dressing my little girl all in pink or boy in blue I'm a definate fan of unisex colours!!

Well I've had a miserable start to the day been feeling sick & puking again for a few days just had Midwiffe over (was sick while she was here-oops!) I've got a temperature and protein in urine so try have ordered antibiotics and if I'm no better on Sunday I have to go into hospital :( :( also she listened to bubs omg I panicked it took ages to find him/her they where hiding!! Phew!!!!

Well off to bed for me now & try to keep drinking (water that is not booze lol!!)

Hope everyone is well xx

Morning Ladies! Takes alot of reading to catch up.

Teamo beautiful picture!! I love it!

I didn't do baby bath with youngest DS we just stuck him in the sink while he was little and splashed away. The older he got when he was able to sit up we bought the little chair that sticks in the tub.

I wish i could get a scan to see what baby is at 15 weeks. They are making me wait till 22 weeks! UGH:hissy:

I love the bows and dresses and ruffles colors don't have to be pink i like yellows and blues and all kinds of colors...DD's dad refused to let me dress her up all girly and she is still very tom boy.

Anyone kinda think they know what they are having yet? I think :blue: Dh and everyone else in our families think :pink: :dohh:.

Afm, well i have started getting MS again...not sure if it is normal or not but it hit me hard yesterday morning. I put in my 2 weeks notice at work and Nov.1st will be my last day and i am thrilled :happydance:! We put up the baby's crib, I know it is early but i want my oldest three to get used to the idea. Youngest DS is starting to kinda acting up the last few weeks. I don't know if it's he is trying to see how far he can push me or if he jealous of all the baby talk. Anyways maybe i can keep up better now! :flower:

Well, I think this could be a girl because of nub theory. However, I really am not fussed either way. I think also because we already have a name for a boy, I am only concentrating on girls names. xx

I wish i could get a scan to see what baby is at 15 weeks. They are making me wait till 22 weeks! UGH:hissy:

Anyone kinda think they know what they are having yet? I think :blue: Dh and everyone else in our families think :pink: :dohh:.

I wish I could find out sooner too!! I have to wait til Dec 3rd, which will put me just shy of 20 weeks! And since my dating scan was at 6weeks, that's such a loooong time away. :dohh:

I think we might be having team :blue: although I really have no reasoning to justify that guess except BD timing! Chinese gender test said boy as well, but that thing is wrong more often than it is right... so who knows?!

We have names picked out for a boy or girl, so we're ready either way, and in truth we don't really care if it's a boy or a girl. Although I'm pretty sure DH is leaning towards wanting a little girl.

oh NO nimbec! Hope you get to feeling better.... Get plenty of rest & keep us updated as you can. You are in my thoughts....

As for gender.... I have no clue. I want a boy so I figure just my luck I'll have a little princess!!! lol.... But I'm happy either way.

AFM Today is the big day of lunch with the oh's family..... I'm so nervous. I know I shouldn't be. I'm sure everything is going to be fine, afterall they are the ones that reached out to me. I'm just afraid I will mess it up for my little bean & they will hate me. Not to mention I'm afraid I will just break down crying & not be able to stop through the entire lunch. Seems these days I just spontaniously combust with tears. I would like to think it's pregnancy hormones, but I really think I would probably be this way even if I wasn't pregnant....

Still no word from the oh as to whether he got my messages reminding him of the appointment or not. So I still have NO idea if he will show up or not....

Hope you ladies have a great day! Take care!

We have a boy name too. So we are also concentrating on only girl names. With youngest Ds it was the complete opposite.

Ready to mum we havent had one since 5 weeks 5days. We had one at 10weeks for bleeding but wasn't allowed to see anything or get a picture. I don't care either way as long as we get our little bundle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->