April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Hello everyone- I haven't posted here much, but I read along every day to see what everyone is up to. After two miscarriages this year, this pregnancy has been remarkably well, unremarkable. That is a good thing, but it has meant that I haven't had much news to share.

Now I finally have news! I had the MaterniT21 test for Down's syndrome and two other trisomies. Got my results today, all was good. The exciting part is that the test also gives the gender, with a 99.4% accuracy. I'm having a girl! So excited!

Congrats LittleSpy and Jen X!!!! Two little girlies! :happydance:

You two must be so excited to finally know! I have to wait till Dec like maybsoon to find out, and that seems soooo far away!

I was chatting with my MIL today via text-message, she's going to be in town this weekend with a girlfriend for a girls weekend, so we're meeting her for brunch on Sunday. I was telling her that I was going to go look for some mat pants this weekend at some of the second hand stores, and she offered to take a look at the ones where she is too. (We live in different provinces) And she picked me up two pairs of jeans which I'll get on Sunday!! :happydance: I just hope they'll fit, because I am SO ready for some comfortable pants. lol

Doctor didn't recommend flu jab as I don't come in contact with a lot of people everyday. I have just 2 more business trips until Christmas, and after that I will only work from home. He thinks I'm not in high risk. If he did recommend it I would think about it. I'm not anti vaccination.

JenX
congrats on your little girl and good job with the tris results! :thumbup:

maybesoon yay on changing fruit!:happydance: Ha ha I was going crazy with the hpt back in August and September too, I couldn't believe it! We have come a long way!:hugs:

Nice to see you back Jen, and congrats on your little girl!!

I was just updating the front page and noticed that all four ladies who know which gender they are having are all team :pink:!! Time for some :blue: to even up the scores ladies!!

good morning ladies. Just to add to the flujab thing I got mine mainly because i have 2 children who pick up bugs from school plus I'm a volunteer at the school so surrounded by kids age 4-6 who dont understand not to wipe their noses on tissues or wash their hands after sneezing lol plus here flu is already circulating xx

I keep dreaming about cake and Gordon Ramsey!! I haven't told my OH because he knows Gordo is my main celebrity crush, I just like how bossy he is. lol... anyhoo hope you all have a lovely day, I have a feeling I'm team blue but wont find out until end of nov :( xx

Nice to see you back Jen, and congrats on your little girl!!

I was just updating the front page and noticed that all four ladies who know which gender they are having are all team :pink:!! Time for some :blue: to even up the scores ladies!!

I reckon we will be evening up the scores, pretty sure ours is a little boy, based on the last scan.
...But waiting until our private scan @ 16 weeks (6th Novemeber!) to have another peek & hopefully confirm! :D

Little spy and Jen congrats on the little girls! So exciting! And so jelous! I have to wait till December 4th!
Uk girl hope you feel better and it's nothing serious!
As for flu jabs I've got mine booked for the 7th nov! I had it with my dd too! The only issue I had was a sore arm lol!
Afm, I am bit sad today, an old friend I sadly haven't talked to in many years passed away yesterday from cancer.... She just turned 25 2 weeks ago.... Feeling awful as we didn't end on a good note.... But glad she is no longer suffering! Feel so bad for her family and fiancé!
Not feeling so pregnant last few days apart from nausea! Bump does not look as big as normally do! But I'm sure all is fine, only 2 weeks till I finally get to hear bump hopefully lol!
Sorry I I missed anyone. Hope all is ok xxx

Here are my u/s pictures from yesterday. :flower: Just so weird to me that I feel like she looks nothing like dd#1 (aw, I have to number her now) did in u/s pics. For some reason it's hard for me to wrap my head around me having a baby who looks different than dd. :shrug:

And her head measurements were 2-3 days ahead of the rest of her. My vagina already hurts thinking about it. :rofl: Why do I have to have huge-headed babies (probably because my husband has the biggest. head. ever.)?!

Attachments

• BABY_6.jpg
    BABY_6.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 11
  • BABY_16.jpg
    BABY_16.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 14
  • BABY_13.jpg
    BABY_13.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 13
Hi Jen congrats on the little girl!!!!

Hope everyone's ok? I have my gender scan tomorrow sooooo excited!!!! Ill keep you updated!

cute scan pics littlespy! I love the alieny ones best :p Any names yet?

I went to the doctor today for the pain, it is just IBS made worse by the virus I had and the antibiotics I took for my UTI. Mixed with a bit of hip pain. So I'm fine :) xx

Congrats littlespy!!! such cute pics!

Jenx.... Congrats on Team Pink!!!!

doggylover.... You know I'm doing all I can to be Team Blue!!! lol

kealz.... I'm sorry about the loss of your friend. It's never easy, but when things have been left unspoken or unresolved it makes it that much worse. You are in my thoughts & prayers.

nimbec.... Good Luck on your scan tomorrow!!! Hopefully you get some sleep tonight. Can't wait to hear the news & see some pics!!!!

readytomum..... You are right.... December seems like an eternity away. But I'm sure the time is going to fly by & the day we find out we will sit back & think about how fast it went by.... I'm so ready....

I have a few girl names picked out that I like.... But I still haven't found that boy name that stands out for me. Which is just crazy because that's what I'm hoping for... Weird... Maybe there is a reason behind it all.....

Hope you ladies have a great day!!!!

Girl names are easier than boy names because they are so pretty. is anyone else sleep talking? OH says I was talking about cake in my sleep then sat up.. demanded he kiss me then when he said no I called him a dick three times and went back to sleep.... i dont remember anything!! LOL xx

bahahahaahah:haha: ukgirl that is so funny!!!!

I don't know if I am or not... I haven't been sleeping the last couple of nights due to this stinking head cold I have.... But I'm pretty sure my 2 great danes wouldn't tell on me even if I did!!!!

ukgirl -- so glad it's nothing more serious! Antibiotics usually do a number on my guts, too. :nope:

maybesoon -- We've had a boy name picked out since before ttc #1. Apparently we are never going to use it. I'm convinced we'll have 3 girls. :haha:

As for names, we've tentatively settled on Eleanor Olivia with the nickname Nora (though hubby will probably call her Elle or Ellie. I can feel it :haha:). I just learned a while ago that lots of places in the UK pronounce it el-lan-ah but in the US we pronounce it EL-lan-nor. We've done this name-a-girl song and dance before and know we like very, very, very few names. I'm tempted to rummage through thousands of names again to be sure there's nothing I like better but I have a feeling Eleanor O is going to be it. We have other names we like, like Violet, Winifred (nn "Fred"), and Olive but we just can't see ourselves actually naming a child those names for some reason. :shrug:

Girl names are easier than boy names because they are so pretty. is anyone else sleep talking? OH says I was talking about cake in my sleep then sat up.. demanded he kiss me then when he said no I called him a dick three times and went back to sleep.... i dont remember anything!! LOL xx

Ha ha yes Dh said i sat up in bed and was yelling out Allen where are we at? He said he was like wtf we are in bed were are you. I dont remember anything from it and lol so hard because I've never had that happen before.

Littlespy - Cute scan pics and those are some beautiful names you have picked out!

Jenx - Congrats on your girl!!!

Nimbec - Good luck on your scan tomorrow! I hope it turns out well for you.

Maybesoon- Welcome to second tri! I hope you get feeling well soon!

I got the flu shot yesterday...so far all I am feeling is a sore arm. I work around people and don't want to risk getting sick from them.

No U/S yesterday at my appointment. :( But I did get to hear LO's hb with a hr of 150-155. So that is good news! I also had my blood drawn for the Quad screening, which screens for open neural tube defects and Down syndrome...I should hear back by next week if anything is wrong. If it's all good they will just tell me at my next appt. I then booked my anatomy scan for November 15! I seriously considered paying for a private gender scan but DH and my mom think it is a waste of money when I will find out in 4 weeks anyway - especially when we could put the money toward other baby stuff we need. I am just hoping these next 4 weeks fly by quickly!

Ha ha yes Dh said i sat up in bed and was yelling out Allen where are we at? He said he was like wtf we are in bed were are you. I dont remember anything from it and lol so hard because I've never had that happen before.

HAHA!! That is great!! I'm glad I'm not the only one being turned into a fruit cake during pregnancy! I can't believe I sat up in my sleep... :sleep:

I love that name Littlespy! I dont know anyone here in the UK who I know personally who pronounce Elanor as Alanna, :wacko: I hadn't heard of that before, maybe it's a northern accent thing. :shrug:

My daughter just brought a letter home for school complaining that people have been discussing the school on facebook ... It has pissed me off a bit to think we can't even talk about the school now without being moaned at! grrrrr the head teacher left in september and the acting head teacher is on some sort of power trip. She writes new letters 3 times a frikkin week!!! Even one was just asking if we had a spare brownies uniform for her friend. Stupid Bitch! :growlmad:

Love the pic Littlespy!!

Maybesoon welcome to second tri :)

Ukgirl glad bubs is ok in so sorry you are suffering I used to suffer terribly with IBS as a teenager :( its awful ((((hugs)))) have you tried pure natural fibre tablets I took them everyday and it helped balance my guts out... I also took buscopan for spasms but not sure if you can take that while preg??

As for sleep talking I'm a nightmare anyway!!! I jump out of bed completely asleep screeching that someone or something is in the room saying 'look look' terrifying my partner - that is the least embarrassing one I my worst was when I was very newly in my relationship I was staying over but only a few times per week I announced in my sleep that these sheets are just like the ones we had in prison PMSL!!! OMG imagine the conversation over breakfast!!! In my defence I ha been watching the tv series bad girls that was based in prison!!

Currently I'm just having awful nightmares that continue when I go back to sleep :( they seem so real!! Scary!!

lol lol lol nimbec!! @ prison sheets!! awkward!

I have the nightmares too. I need to be careful because since I was in the abusive relationship with my ex I get flashbacks and night terrors if the nightmares go too far, basically I'm asleep but my dream is so real I actually feel awake, but in my dream I'm too tired to wake up fully or get out of bed to defend myself, I just hear drawers and cupboards opening knifes and forks rattling and bags rustling and hear footsteps walking towards the door of the room I'm in. But no one ever shows. When I wake up I panic running around to check the kids are safe and no one had broken in. It's really scary :/

I haven't tried fiber tablets for my IBS I've only had it for about 3 years so I'm still trying new things. I will have a look for them. You can't take buscopan in pregnancy :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->