April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

nimbec -- I literally just LOLed at prison sheets! :rofl:

ukgirl -- I dunno. Someone posted about the pronounciation on the baby name board. She was from Australia saying she may be moving to the UK and that she loves the name Eleanor but doesn't like the way it's pronounced in the UK because of the last syllable. :shrug: Maybe she was just a flake.

I'm so exhausted. Maisie is cutting bottom cuspids and was up every few minutes from 3am on screaming. :nope: At least I have to assume it was about the teeth. Poor baby.

I just got back from an interview which I think may have gone well despite my extreme lack of sleep and inability to remember anything. Should know something the end of next week, I guess. I hate waiting.

lol Littlespy, sounds like it! :) Good luck on the interview xx

Best of luck on the outcome of the interview LittleSpy. Hope Maisie feels better soon. I'm with ya on the waiting thing. I hate it too.

Ukgirl I am sleep talking AND walking. I do it on an off, but more so when I'm stressed or worried...or apparently pregnant! Dh downloaded the iPhone app to record me, but it hasn't worked yet...watch this space!

Littlespy oh my gosh that first scan pic is so cute! Eleanor (I went there and used the name! And I would also pronounce it el-ah-nor. My dh is English and I have realised they don't pronounce R properly. More like ahhhh) looks like a space baby! Also love all the nicknames of Eleanor! And good luck with the job.

Nimbec can't wait for scan results!! And was that sleep talking letting out your former life as a prison inmate?! :haha:

Name wise we have for a girl Amelia, Aubrey, Isabelle and Isla. I think it will come down to Isla and Isabelle and I'm not so keen on Aubrey anymore, and dh isn't keen on Amelia.

For boys we have Alex, Freddie, Alfie and Noah. I think Noah will go- its one of my faves but a girl at school just named her baby Noah. So I think that list will come down to Alex and Alfie.
The first three are all technically 'nicknames' of the longer version, and I know some people hate kids having a shortened name as their real name (apologies if that's you!) but I hate it when people have a given name and their parents only ever intended to call them by the nickname!

Littlespy good luck for interview results! Poor little one it must be horrid :( I'm impressed you managed to even get to interview with no sleep!

I just sat here saying Eleanor over and over and then othrr words with r in and I pronounce it Eleanor with the r not ahh... im from the south I dont know where your dh is from doggylover but my r`s come out as r`s lol..

He's from Norfolk but has a pretty southern accent, not the norfolk bumpkin accent, and he doesn't see a problem with how he says his R either :rofl: but compared to how northern Irish people say it (imagine a pirate saying arrrghhhh!) i notice a real, real difference!

Eg he says spar and spa and I hear the exact same thing, for me it's spa and spaaar

Haha doggylover! Does he sound like a farmer? I love that accent xx

Thanks for the congrats everyone. Ah names. I'm glad I have a long time to ponder over them. Names are difficult because they are so permanent. I don't want to screw up!

No sleep talking for me, but lately I am constantly having dreams where I eat wheat products by mistake and then freak out, because I'm gluten intolerant and I know that suffering will follow. It is silly, because I would never actually forget in real life. It is usually something stupid like crackers that I eat in the dreams; I wish it could be some nice crusty bread, which I have been craving!

Haha doggylover! Does he sound like a farmer? I love that accent xx

Lol no he doesn't at all! His dad is unreal, I can barley understand the man! Ad his mum is pretty bad too, but weirdly he and his sister sound more like they are from Kent or Sussex or something! I have never undertook that!

I'm also worried our babies will end up with weird hybrid accents!!

Bahaha nimbec @ prison sheets! I laughed so hard i pee'd!

We have our gender scan in 13 days and I'm counting down! We have Remington picked out for a boy. Dh is very keen on that name...as for a girl i dunno we have discussed several we like and then some how Dh says they are not girlie enough or i f'ing hate the ones he picks.At this moment we are very very keen on Emmaleigh(Emily) and Aubree.

Littlespy good luck!

The first three are all technically 'nicknames' of the longer version, and I know some people hate kids having a shortened name as their real name (apologies if that's you!) but I hate it when people have a given name and their parents only ever intended to call them by the nickname!

I have a nickname for a name and people CONSTANTLY call me by the wrong name. Quite annoying. It's like they can't wrap their head around my name being Julie and not Julia or Juliet. :dohh:

Obviously, I went the same route with Maisie because I love the name Maisie but am not a fan of Margaret or Marjorie or any of the other longer names for which Maisie can be a nickname. TBH, half the time I even shorten Maisie to "Mae" and growing up, my dad only ever called me "Jules," never Julie. So, if you're anything like us, even if you use a nickname for a name you're probalby likely to shorten it down to one syllable (I'd totally end up calling Alex or Alfie "Al" :haha: Man, I'm lazy).

So, I really like nicknames because I think they're sweet but I also choose first names based on me liking the entire name and not just the nickname. Eleanor will probably be Nora, Elle, or Ellie most of the time but I don't really love any of those as stand alone first names so Eleanor she will (probably) be. :shrug:

That makes total sense. I think my problem is I love Alex, but a, not so fond of Alexander, and we like Alfie, but I can't stand Alfred! So it wouldn't make sense for us to call baby either of the longer names. Whereas with Isabelle I know we'd end up going for izzy as a nickname, but I would want the whole name on the birth certificate!!

I confuse myself sometimes - I'm half into the nicknames and half not! :haha: each to their own I suppose, and I apparently am very fussy!! But I totally agree, you have to love the whole name you choose, and any nicknames you plan on using too. It's such a big decision...I'm starting to feel overwhelmed!

Also, I would never consider Julie as a nickname - to me that's a whole name of its own!

Haha about weird hybrid accents. I think I have one of those. I'm from the southeastern US and that's a very distinct accent. Most of my family has a really thick accent (to the point I've been around them all my life and can hardly understand what they're saying sometimes! Especially one of my uncles and my dad. Lord help me in a conversation with either of them). But I'm really not a fan of it so I trained myself out of it when I was about 13. But at that time, I had friends from all over the country and spent a good bit of time with their families so I feel like I picked up a little of several accents (New York/Long Island and Wisconsin especially). Then as I've gotten older, I've gotten lazier about how I speak so some southern accent has crept back in my speech. I get asked a lot where I'm from. :dohh: Um.... like 100 miles north of here? :haha:

If I'm up north, people pretty much can immediately tell I'm from the south. But my accent is so much more mild than most everyone else's down here that people here get a bit confused. :haha: I personally love some versions of the accent (like the Savannah/Charleston old-south accent!). But that's not the one most of my family has (except my mom's sister has it for some reason... :haha: My mom's is really country/twangy).

Sometimes I talk in an awful country twangy southern accent to Maisie just to terrify my husband (who spent most of his speech-formative years out west and has very little accent). He's not so much a lover of the southern accent. :haha:

My little boy is Lucas but everyone calls him Luke x

I think part of my problem with names is there are so many options and I have to feel like I've uncovered every single option before I can be comfortable with my decision. I can't just settle on a name we both like and be done. I have to keep looking just in case. :dohh: If it were up to my husband, we would be completely done already. But I know I'll agonize over it for at least a few more months. :haha:

Littlespy lol at your accent story! Deep South mixed wit Long Island is certainly something I would love to hear!! Isn't it funny how your dad or whoever can have such a strong accent, and then yours is so much more mild? It's exactly like that with my dh and his sister. Accents are a funny thing!

I have a really mild northern Irish accent, compared to...everyone else in the country! My whole family do for some reason, and people quite often find it hard to place where I am from.

I love irish accents! And the way they say mammy instead of mum lol..

omg I have my grandads memorial service to go to on sunday and my whole family has exploded into a huge dramatic family fued between my dad. his mum abd his sisters.. my brother has gone to greece for the weekend so he is safe.. as for me.. meet the one stuck in the middle.. This is going to suck! Xx

Ugh ukgirl not good at all. My family are always bickering about something (as in my mum and her siblings) mainly because my granny treats my family like wee slavies and doesn't ask anyone else to ever do anything!

doggylover, my grandma is lovely to our faces but complains about us behind our backs, she complained about my brother not paying the rent, he was 1 week late because he had to cover the cost of his flights for his holiday and she moaned to EVERYONE in our family.. but him... I still dont think he knows lol. She moans because I haven't been to see her but I hadn't seen my mum for 3 weeks because I was so ill with the UTI then the stomach virus, my mum was the only person who hadn't seen our scan pictures. I told them when I'm better to visit people my mum is the first one I'm going to see. I don't think she liked it I haven't heard from her since. I'm going on sunday only to remember my grandad, if anyone even so much as mentions my dad or my brother I'll be out of there. I find it so hard to keep my mouth shut lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->