April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Pregnancy has made me less tolerant as well lol!!!

Last week my uncle phoned my mum to complain about something offensive I said to him......three years ago, and that is not a joke or an exaggeration. It was three years ago, and he is moaning about it now. And then when I saw him two days later he was all sweetness and light!

Families :dohh:

This is such an active thread to keep up lol. I had my jag on wednesday arm was bit inches and i took plaster of lol arm is a little sore but today ive been sick twice and had an upset belly all day. Feeling little better but i cant help wonder if its due to the jag as my dad gets one every year and say it takes 2 days to kick in. Im going to have an early night and try sleep it off. But last 2 nights ive been so restless :( xx

Four girls in this thread already! Well, I am convinced my kid is a boy, even though I have been saying for years that I wanted a girl. I just think the baby looks like a boy in the scan pics. There is no nub visible or anything, but the face and head just look boyish. And everyone in this thread is sworn to secrecy if I am actually having a girl- don't tell her I thought she looked like a boy when she was a fetus lol

It sounds like nobody else is worried about the flu vax except me. So I guess I will stop worrying about it and just talk to my midwife about my concerns next week and then decide. My husband is also sick of my updates on my internet "research" on the topic... Dr Google is the worst doctor ever! So that settles it, no more "research" or worrying about it.

Names! I got a huge stack of baby name books out of the library and my husband hates all the boy names I have suggested except one. I love the name Soren- vetoed. That's my fave. And also Aiden which I have loved for years and years and years, but now I feel it is too popular and my hubby vetoed it anyway. I also love the name Noel, but don't like the pronunciation here in the states where its like the christmas carol. I am Australian & Scottish so we say Noel as in rhymes with Joel. My hubby was like "wtf, like the grassy knoll??" lol so that's the end of that. The only name he quite likes is Miles, which I do like a lot as well. And Quinn... but our dog's name is Quinn! I told him if he liked that name so much he shouldn't have used it for the dog!

My fave girls's names are Annelise and Sasha. Sasha was vetoed. I think this will be a long process! I am also addicted to that baby name wizard website. So addictive. I love the sibling name feature. Between my flu vax research project and baby name wizard I get nothing done.

Kristabelle - I don't think I'm getting the flu shot this year. I didnt get it when I was pregnant the first time, either. I got it last year because my dd was too young to have it and I wanted to keep her well. I haven't gotten sick with the flu since I was 12 and surprisingly enough I had gotten the vaccination just a couple months before I got sick. :wacko: I've only gotten the vax twice in the last 13 years and haven't had the flu at all in that time. :shrug:

dont think ive ever had the flu its always been the cold lol.

ive got my baby names already not sharing until we find out sex but i guess i could tell you ladies. boy it will be luke and girl we have paige lol but those werent my first choices. i love for girl kacey. grace. and the paige for a boy i had loads lol brodey. taylor. delcan. my mind as gone blank i forgot this rest lol.

. And everyone in this thread is sworn to secrecy if I am actually having a girl- don't tell her I thought she looked like a boy when she was a fetus lol

:rofl: your secret is safe with me!!!

Weird that in America they would pronounce Noel like no-Elle, here that's a girls name! I'm with you on it rhyming with Joel, sounding like knoll!

I'll be opting out of both the flu jab and the whooping cough/4-in-one jab. Immune reactions run in the family, and oddly enough in my husbands family too (FIL nearly died from guillian barre syndrome in 2010) so it's more of a risk to the baby having it, than not in my case. I'm just going to be careful and avoid people as much as possible! Shouldn't be too much of a problem considering I'm on modified bedrest anyway lol!

I would obviously risk having the jabs if I wasn't pregnant though, so may have them next year :)

I have absolutely no idea on names yet, especially boys ones :dohh:
I guess once we know the gender for sure, it might make it a bit easier to think of something. Trouble is I want a name that's old fashioned, but not popular.. Tough call lol!

Lol cherry bump good name choice! Paige is my dds name! When we chose her name that was it, I mentioned that name, he agreed and no other names came to mind! Didn't even think of boy names as I had a feeling it was a girl! And she was! An I haven't met any other Paige's either! This time we can't really pick a name for either! I'm getting annoyed with my mil too as she keeps coning up with names that are awful!!!! And also I dont want people giving me choices and if I actually pick one they said they will be like oh I picked that for you! Lol so we are not telling anyone our choice when we finally make it lol!

I just got a cot bed for free!! And now all I hear is that its bad luck... every time I've gotten something I've been told it's bad luck. Do these people think I'm not going to buy anything for my baby until it's born??? :/

Wow! What a result Ukgirl!!
Ignore the old wives tales!

I haven't gotten the flu shot, and probably won't. I don't think they push it as much here as they do over in the UK because I haven't really heard anything about it, and my DR hasn't mentioned it at all. :shrug: I have an appointment tomorrow, so maybe she'll say something then. I've never had the flu shot in my life though, so if I don't have to get it, I'm not keen on doing so. Whenever I get sick it's with sinus related stuff and the flu shot isn't going to help that.

As for baby names, DH and I have names picked out for a girl and for a boy. We had a MUCH easier time picking out boys names. I had TONS of boys names that I liked, and very few girls names. So we have two full sets of names for each (partly because there was a chance we could be having twinnies, but just a singlet!) So our name choices are, in order of preferrence for each:

Peter Malachai and Oliver Felix
Isabelle Joyce (Joyce after my grandma) and Emily Maddelyne

Isabelle has suddenly become a super popular name which is kind of unfortunate, because I had a really popular name as a kid and hated it. But it's a family name that's pretty important on my DH's side, and I've always really liked that name. So c'est la vie!

I like Malachi /Malachy too, but hubby not keen, so that's ones off our list now lol :dohh:

Hi ladies just a very quick update as I'm a busy bee today I had scan and there is absolutely no doubting we are having a boy!!! He was laying legs akimbo refusing to move lol!!! You couldn't miss it god I didn't think it would be that clear - clear balls and willy lol!! Very happy now just to work out a name.....

Ukgirl don't listen to tales good for you any saving Is great!!

I agree Ukgirl. Ive already got my buggie and people told me it was bad luck i was like no it aint. You need these things for the baby and im wouldnt buy it after it born since i need to the stuff for the labor or to bring it home.

I properly wont get to use the name paige either if we have a boy but if i ever get pregnant again and we have a girl that name shall be up there i hope lol

well I'm trying not to buy too much until I have my 21 week scan and find out gender but she asked on facebook if anyone wanted her cot bed so I couldn't really wait, they are £100ish in shops! I'm going to buy a new matress, under bed drawer and one of those attachable cot top changing tables and that will be good enough for me. lol

Today I have been SURROUNDED by screaming kids!! one who smashed into my son and hurt him. We have been to a play area and pizza hut....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pizza hut!
Now I'm laying on my bed like a beached whale! lol x

. And everyone in this thread is sworn to secrecy if I am actually having a girl- don't tell her I thought she looked like a boy when she was a fetus lol

:rofl: your secret is safe with me!!!

Weird that in America they would pronounce Noel like no-Elle, here that's a girls name! I'm with you on it rhyming with Joel, sounding like knoll!

We pronounce it both way in the US. I'd pronounce a girl Noel like no-elle and a boy Noel rhyming with Joel. Remember Noel on Frasier? But I agree most people here just reading that name would assume no-elle/girl.

I like Malachi /Malachy too, but hubby not keen, so that's ones off our list now lol :dohh:

Hubby isn't super keen on it either, so that's why it got relegated to middle name status... because I really like it and wasn't willing to let it go completely! :haha:

Nimbec: Woooohooooo for team blue! :blue: I think we might be team blue too, although we've got a ways to go before we can actually find out for sure at our next scan!

Ukgirl: Nice score on the cot! I don't think it's bad luck either, but then again I don't buy into very many wives tales anyway. So who knows? :shrug: I'd say if you get a good price on something (free being the best!) then why not? You know you need it eventually, so why wait.

nimbec -- CONGRATS ON :blue:!!! :happydance:

ukgirl -- those people you know are so silly. Enjoy your free stuff! Now that I know baby's gender, I'm completely unreserved buying stuff. Not that I have much to buy because we already have like... everything we need. Woot for having 2 girls close together! :haha:

Readytomum - I love Oliver Felix! I also love the name Isabelle/Isabel and so does dh (it was his grandmother's name) but I don't think I can get over how popular it is here. :nope: I think Isabella is the most popular girl name in the US right now. Even Eleanor is a bit too popular for my taste at like #150 (1 in 1000 girls in 2011). *sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->