April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Hey guys,

Sorry been away for a while having a nightmare at work and wanted your thoughts....
I work as an agency social worker...so on temporary contract. Three weeks ago, I handed my notice in because I was finding my case load unmanagable..I was persuaded to stay, with assurance that they would take case off etc. Three days later, I inform them that I am pregnant, lost a twin...but have thought about what they propose and will stay...at least till February when I will leave for maternity (thought it was best to be honest!!!) .......BIG MISTAKE..... A week later I was signed off work for a week with pregnancy complications. I retuned this monday...two days later (wed) I was given one weeks notice .... Stating I was behind with timescales/ standard of work slipping. The stuff they were going to support me with, before they found out I was pregnant!!!!

I plan on putting in a grevience when I have left. I have got copies of my supervision notes and on the 9th September 2012.... It clearly states that she was advocating for a pay rise for me.....boy how things can change!!!!
I am terrified I am going to now get a bad reference, and won't be able to find a new job.

What do people think?

I'm pretty sure they aren't allowed to do that bitzysarah! It looks like they let you go because you are pregnant. xxx

Bitzysara they definately can't do that!! Could you spk to citizens advice? ESP as you have evidence from the last meeting. So sorry you have to deal with this :( (((hugs)))

Bitsysarah -- I work for state gov't in the US and deal with employee relations (basically, I would be the person who determined if letting you go was a legal and appropriate action for the agency/employer to take). In order to terminate someone for performance issues where I work, they'd need documentation proving your issues and that they had tried to resolve them with you before letting you go. So, based on what you say (that your last notes from your supervisor state you were doing very well), I think there's a very good chance of your grievance being heard and going in your favor. If the grievance goes in your favor, I'd think at the very least you could bargain for them to seal your disciplinary/negative performance file and to give only neutral references. But from the sound of it, you're likely to even get your job back. :shrug:

Thanks guys,

I am not interested in staying after how they have treated me, but I am fighting for a fair reference. To top it off, they have only given me a weeks notice, so totally stressing trying to get cases up to date... For my families and so it does not look bad on me as a professional. When all I really wanna do right now, is crawl under my blanket and stay there for a few days...... I am soooo stressed right now :(

Thank you all again for your advice x

I will make an appointment to see the CAB for advice.

Sarah so sorry that has happened, and the others are right it's totally unacceptable. However, people can be sneaky so definitely get yourself to a lawyer and take everything you have, as they could show 'evidence' to support themselves as well.

Nimbec, congratulations on your little man!!! Wonderful news!!

Hi ladies just a very quick update as I'm a busy bee today I had scan and there is absolutely no doubting we are having a boy!!! He was laying legs akimbo refusing to move lol!!! You couldn't miss it god I didn't think it would be that clear - clear balls and willy lol!! Very happy now just to work out a name.....

Congratulations on team :blue:!!! :yipee:

Bitsysarah, sorry to hear about all your work troubles, sounds horrible, and from what you say, totally unfair! Hope you can get some advice on this from somewhere like CAB, it definitely doesn't sound right!

Yeah thats unfair dismissal. I think the ball is in your court there and you such have a good case against them. You have to let us know how you get on. xxxx

Hi ladies, hope everyone had a great Sunday :) mine was busy so feeling exhausted tonight. I'm going to have a wee rant about my SIL so feel free to skip...

Now I know the majority of people use disposable nappies and until 4 months ago I was all set to as well. But I then decided cloth suited me better. I don't judge people who use either, I don't care what anyone else uses, this is about what I want to do. So finally got round to telling my family, and my mum had the very old fashioned idea of what cloth nappies entail. So I took one to show her, and my SIL was there. This is how the convo went

"Are you using reusable nappies?"
"Yes"
"REALLY?"
"...yes."
"Oh my gosh think of all the extra washing!!!"

I ignored this as I was annoyed that was the first thing she would say. Then she continued
"Aww well, when you give it up after a while disposables will be just fine"

I also ignored this, as the not so subtle insinuation is I will not keep it up. Just for that comment alone I will do it until the day my children are potty trained!!!

"Why are you doing it?"
"Well, it's definitely better for the environment, and its going to work out cheaper."
She turns to my nephew "aww well, I guess we are just bad for the environment and don't care at all, hey?"

Then she made a million more snide remarks about how lazy she must be not to do it etc. I never said anything about people who don't use cloth, because I don't care! It's whatever suits every family best, and she was just so rude and dismissive of it all. I get that it's not her thing but she doesn't have to be so down on me for doing it.

Apologies for the rant!!!

Hi everyone, sorry ive not been about for a while things just been mega hectic with wedding, honeymoon and work etc!

Glad to see everyone is doing so well and exciting that people are starting to find out the sex of their babies!

All is well this end, we are staying team yellow (for now lol) and ive recently had a mw appointment and a flu jab with no issues. I have a consultant appointment next friday and my next scan is 19th Nov. Sickenss has eased a bit though still have bad days, And its my birthday tomorrow yay! lol
Am definalty gonna make more effort to keep up with this thread its all getting very exciting now.
Oh we have also ordered our tandem pushchair, gone for the Obaby zynegi zoom with a carrycot and maxi cosi car seat. Cant wait to get it!

Oh forgot to say my most exciting bit of news is that my little boy walked for the 1st time yesterday, am so proud of him!
Doggylover, my due date is now 7th April if you could please ammend the front page for me, thanks hun x

Melissasbump, happy birthday for tomorrow! And lots of claps for your little one walking! What a huge achievement! Clever boy! Sounds like you have been very busy, glad to hear you are feeling well :)

Ooo your due the same day as me :). i also bought a obaby buggie with car seat. its the traveil system one. My little brother order it from amazon as it was alot cheaper :)

Is anyone else getting really hot over the face. Like a hot flush?

Im burning up drinking some water. Putting my cold hands on my face i could probably run water over it to and since be to hot. Think i need to open a window lol.

So glad to be at 16weeks now wish means my scan is getting closer :). xxx

whoop. im off to bed now ladies super tired plus my face has burnt up although has gone down a little.got a head ache to xxx

Hope everyone's enjoying their weekends!

I'm sitting here in a pair of maternity pants and loving the level of comfort! Unfortunately the ones my MIL picked up for me are too small. I'm flattered that she thinks I'm that skinny though! :haha:

I went to the Sears Outlet Center with my sister today hoping to find some cute tops for work and didn't have much luck. I did however finally pick up my pumpkins for Halloween. I know that some of you don't really celebrate it where you are, but it's my favourite day of the year! I love carving pumpkins and decorating the house up. So that part was good. :thumbup:

We've got a friend coming over tonight to watch the movie Coraline and have some tacos, so looking forward to a good evening too. I have a DR appointment tomorrow, and I'm really hoping that she'll pull out the Doppler... I haven't heard Fraggles HB yet... and since my scan is still soooo far away, I could use the reassurance that everything is going well before our big announcement on Halloween!

aww readytomum your night sounds great!! We celebrate halloween big in our home, mainly cus of the kids, I have to wait until the last few days before halloween to do ours otherwise they go mouldy lol. I'm crap at pumpkin carving :p Coraline is a good movie :)

My weekend has been lazy mornings and busy evenings, we took the kids to a play center on saturday and then to pizza hut and today after an extra long lay in we went to visit my dad and stayed a bit long so grabbed mackies on the way home. I'm making a point of eating healthier from tomorrow onwards though.

I decided not to go to the memorial thing for my granddad, my dads side of the family are very 2 faced and moan about everyone, and I don't think I would have kept shtum when they started slagging off my brother and my dad. I'm fed up with their drama so i just cut ties. I can remember my granddad my own way really.

I got my doppler out this evening, and yesterday .. babies HB is so loud now and much more like horses. we have 5 weeks to go til our gender scan now, so excited :D

Hope you have all had a good weekend! xxx

Mellissa glad you're back! Congrats on LO taking the first steps! What a milestone! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Lazy weekend for us, I met with my bestie on Saturday for early dinner and she really made me tear up and emotional, she got me a present for our wedding anniversary (she was maid of honor). She knows me too well, it was a tea set I was dying to own, the crazy thing is that I never told her anything!
Sunday we spent with parents in law.

Hello everyone, I am sorry for taking a while to rejoin. My family has had some health issues so I have been busy lately. Congratulations to everyone's genderscans, sonograms and heartbeats. It is nice to hear that everyone is enjoying their pregnancy - the good and the bad (hopefully morning sickness and nightmares are over for most).

Tomorrow is 14 weeks, for us:happydance:. We had our 13week sonogram last week ( which is not usually done where I live, thank goodness that MIL worked for the OBGYN we are going to.) Our LO is doing great .We were afraid about not seeing movement, but once our technician hit a certain spot, the flailing did not stop- the baby is just like me, hates to be woken from a nice nap. :haha:Heartbeat is a steady 160bpm, and the baby is measuring 3 days ahead of schedule, and already has noticeable eyebrows!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->