April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

haha littlespy!! I love using the I'm pregnant excuse, my uncle and my OH had to swap the bedrooms round so we have more room for baby and I just got to sit it and watch it was awesome lol.

Doggylover, I have IBS and sometimes I would get so bloated that I would look pregnant and people would ask me and touch my belly and stuff it was so annoying, ''No I'm not pregnant, it's just my medical thing that makes me look pregnant because last night I ate a curry!'' haha my OH called it a food baby. So when I see women who look pregnant I'm too scared to ask when they are due in case they get offended haha, I wait until they are huuuuge to ask!

Funnily enough since I have actually been pregnant no one has asked me!! :/ LOL

The funniest so far for me was a couple of weekends ago while at a church fundraiser they were having a candy drop for the kiddos. So we all went out in the field with our bags to catch the candy as the helicopter flew over dropping it. I was with my co-worker & her daughters & granddaughters. My ex-brother-in-law was there with his newest girlfriend. They were standing on the other side of the ropes by the field & he says to me "What are you doing out there with a bag?" I replied "Catching candy" He says "you're not a kid" My co-workers MIL who is 95 years old looks at him like he's stupid & says "Son... she's with child.... she can do whatever the hell she wants!" His eyes got HUGE & his mouth dropped open... He couldn't even speak for a few seconds then says "Congratulations".... The look on his face was priceless. So I'm pretty darn sure it's all over my exes side of the family that I'm pregnant!!!!!! So funny!

Hahahah LittleSpy, thats awesome!! Having a friend to help spread the news def works!

I'm still having issues at the gym. There are about 5 different trainers and I would say that 3 (maybe) know. It feels weird telling them, so I only mention it when the ask if i'm ok (because i skip most of the things i cant/dont want to do :rofl:). My guess... the other ones think i'm seriously cheating on my diet... or thinking: Poor fat girl at least still shows up, even if she just ate the tire instead of lifting it lol...:dohh:

omg maybesoon!! Cringe at your boss busting you with the test in your hand!!! We don't have a helicopter sweet drop here that would be amazaballs!! I would be out there too with a bin liner!! hahaha!

oh talking about pregnancy tests made me remember my first test I had one in the drawer I was vowing not to use but as usual my impatient self won me over and I peed on one of my last 2 sticks, I usually brought in bulks of twenty and test every day of the 2ww in hopes of catching an early BFP but after 7 months of trying I was trying not to be so enthusiastic, anyway I peed on this stick test from ebay and a second line came up,and I called my mum saying mum it's faint but I can see the line when i hold it away from my face and the light!! haha. I was so sure it was an evap I made my daughter pee on the other one, I feel bad about that now but I had to be sure. haha.

:rofl: Maybesoon that old lady is amazing! I love using the phrase 'with child'!! And your story about the doing the test at work - I would have died lol!!!

Littlespy your friend is obviously very excited for you! Making a big deal about it (but maybe not 100% sure how pregnancy works if she thinks you can squish the baby :haha:)

I was just admiring my bump in the mirror (I do this a lot. It made me trip up some stairs yesterday!) and it's getting so round! I also noticed I'm kind of.....spreading out towards where my waist once was! I love it, so think maybe tomorrow I will just wear one of my tops that means I can't hide the bump and tell my co-workers that way! We have a prize evening tomorrow so I think that would be a good time....

Ukgirl that's a great story! Lol at making your daughter poas! My first test (and the other three that same day!) were also really faint and dh wouldn't believe me! Seems like forever ago!

Loving all the funny stories! All i got last time was "wow you are HUGE" from about 25 weeks. dont get me wrong, i was huge but got a bit fed up of everyone else saying it, especially strangers.

Doggylover and Nimbec, yeah maybe your friends should get together, cant be doing with people like that.

UKgirl, familys urgghhh! But a 70 year old woman? like grow up!

Maybesoon, hope that wasnt just a family show from your OH, time will tell i guess, i cant believe hes not pulled his finger out yet!

So not a lot of news from this end, spent the day with a friend and her little boy, Harrison had a lovely time playing with him, still coughing though bless him.
Im really struggling to sleep at the mo, despite being absolutly knackered, is anyone else like this? Last night was the worst! Its not that i cant get comfortable, i can, i have no idea what it is but doing my head in!

Melissa I'm the same, exhausted but waking up so much more than usual. Usually I'd wake up maybe 3 times and night and since pregnancy once is to pee, but now it's more like 7/8 times a night. And like you I'm not uncomfortable...just...awake!

Early nights are the key for me. As in 10pm latest!!! I get up at 6.30 so with that time I still get some sleep in.

ahh Doggylover my OH didn't believe the line tests as we had so many evaps and heartbreak so I went and got a digitest and even when the word PREGNANT came up with 1-2 he still couldn't believe it. I was shouting at him like how can you not believe it. Its in caps on the screen here!! lol

melissasbump - I'm the opposite I can sleep as soon as I lay down, I slept for 2 hours after lunch and slept through my alarm to pick up the kids, luckily OH doesn't start work until 4pm and his alarm was on too, he works split shifts so has a nap between the 2 shifts and lately I have been joining him lol.

I feel really weird in my bump like my baby is stretching out in there or rolling up against me. I don't feel many kicks just rolling and pressure :/

I'm so jealous ukgirl. I would kill for a wee afternoon nap!!! That would really make me day 100% better! As would not getting up at 6.30 to drive an hour to work mind you, roll on march 28th!!!

lol....:haha: I ended up taking 7 tests within the next 24 hours. :blush: I had been trying for so long & I just couldn't believe it was a true positive. I peed on the first one at the house (very faint line) brought 2 to work with me, peed on them (both very faint lines). Then I read that the blue dye tests have a high percentage of false positives so I went to the store & bought 2 more pink dye tests. I took them both (all these at the office) they both came back positive. Yet I still didn't believe it so I went to Wal-Mart during lunch & bought a 3 pack of digitals. Well the 1st digital came back positive :happydance: so later that evening when I got home the oh & I were laughing about all the tests I had taken throughout the day & he says "one more won't hurt. I wanna see the digital turn positive for myself" So I went & did it again..... I'm pretty sure that is considered obsessive!!!

oh what I'd do for an afternoon nap. I eat lunch here at work & everyday I just want to collapse & sleep for the next 2 hours....

At the end of school today I actually went and had a wee lie down on the bench in my store cupboard. Mainly due to a sore stomach rather than tiredness but I'm afraid now ill be in there all the time :haha:

omg I've just melted extra mature cheese over salted crisps .... AMAAAAAAZZZZIIIING!! seriously!! mmmmmmm

doggylover: Nice! What a convenient place to have a quick cat nap! Although probably not overly comfortable. :haha: I work at home a lot when I'm doing all my lecture planning and working on my comprehensive exams for my own study stuff... so the temptation of a nap is always SO hard to resist, because my bed is just in the next few rooms over. Sigh. I loved napping even before getting pregnant! :haha:

maybesoon: That's pretty amazing about the candy drop thing! I've certainly never seen anything that cool here. Heh, I think it's even more amazing about the old lady telling the youngin' what for though. :haha: I love seniors. They're so blunt sometimes.

ukgirl: no one has asked me yet whether I'm PG or not either... which I find a bit surprising because I definitely have a bump going on, and have even started to wear bump flattering clothing sometimes. I guess people are just being polite! I know I'd be a little paranoid about asking someone too unless it was REALLY obvious. Soon our FB announcement will be out (a week today infact!!) and then everyone and their brother will know. haha

Steph: It is kind of hard to randomly bring it up to people... that's why so few of my friends know so far. It's awkward trying to think up how to bring it up. We just got lucky with a convenient opportunity with the mat pants conversation. We want to let all our friends know before our big Halloween announcement... but we're running out of time for causally mentioning it!

Ive got a mega bump going on tonight. Im going to go take a picture :) xx

Readytomum you are right, comfort wasn't great I must say! I may have to create a little nest in there! And I also found it so awkward and difficult telling friends. A lot of our friends live in England, so we just sent out a group email which took the pressure off. I even felt awkward telling my family!!

TeAmo, yay for bump! It is so nice to see it big!

I am feeling lots of little flutters tonight :cloud9: active baby!

I'm feeling lots of squirmies this afternoon, too. Probably because I ate sour watermelon candy from the vending machine as an afternoon snack (instead of the greek yogurt I brought from home :dohh:).

I can't believe on Friday I will be at 14 weeks.... That's twice as long as my first pregnancy!!! It seem so hard to believe. I was so worried & it seemed like the 8th week would never get here & look, now we are almost to the 14th!!!!

FINALLY got my integrated results today:

trisomy 18 & 21 both 1:10,000
Neural Tube defect: 1:2000

I'm really happy about the trisomy but not sure about the NTD?? Anyone know what is considered normal?

When the nurse called, she just told me I was negative for the test :shrug:
I asked her what my numbers were (cause I know you guys all got risk percentages lol) and she put me on hold because she didn't know :dohh:

I can't believe I had to wait until 17 weeks to get these results! :growlmad:

but I'm very happy with the results :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"