April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Maybe did you take or eat anything that made you sick?

I actually took my prenatal about 2 hours after breakfast (usually I take it with food) and within 20 min I was in the bathroom, thinking I would get sick.

Are you guys still taking your prenatals? I heard you really don't need to after the first trimester. I figure it can't hurt, so I take them (almost) every day still.

I have prenatals int he kitchen I got from boots, they are for the whole pregnancy and for when you breastfeed, they have cod liver oil casuals in them too, I keep forgetting to take them though! Which is bad! I sit down with my dinner though and watch tv and dont get back up for a while so then it's too late to take them :/

Maybe did you take or eat anything that made you sick?

I actually took my prenatal about 2 hours after breakfast (usually I take it with food) and within 20 min I was in the bathroom, thinking I would get sick.

Are you guys still taking your prenatals? I heard you really don't need to after the first trimester. I figure it can't hurt, so I take them (almost) every day still.

Yes I still take vits, doc prescribed iron (which I take alone 1st thing in the morning), calcium and folic acid. I don't get sick btw, I have suffered minimal nausea, only thing that gets me sick is sugary drinks.:shrug:

I didn't take or eat anything different this am. I take my prenatal religiously every night before I go to bed with my unisom (for nausea). So I don't know what the heck it is. I also keep getting dizzy off and on which just started this week.

morning sickness can last until 14 weeks so it could still be a bit of that. Hopefully it'll stop soon.

I'm having terrible headaches, today I was in so much pain but I told my friend yesterday I would walk her kid to school with my 2 so there's me and 3 kids on the school run :( I had breakfast and went to bed for 2 hours and felt better. The can of Cola helped loads too! I think my blood sugars may have run low. I suffered fainting attacks during my TOTM before my sugars drop quickly so I need to stay on top of it.

If your tablets have a lot of iron in them that can upset your tummy too. Iron does horrible stuff to my poo! lol

Maybesoon & Ukgirl sorry you are feeling poorly it sucks!!! Hope you feel better soon. I'm still feeling and occasionally being sick at 17weeks :( the midwives have said it may stay until I give birth but I'm sooooo much better than I was!

I am yep! The brand I take is safe for the duration of pregnancy as well as post partum while breastfeeding. I know I don't eat enough fruits and veggies, so this way I don't feel as guilty. :haha:

It's just weird that I went from ms (all day sickness) to not having any for awhile & now I'll be feeling great one minute & like death the next. It's just aggravating to me. Then I hear some other pregnant lady today at lunch talking about how wonderful she has felt her entire pregnancy. She's 23 weeks. She goes on & on about how she hasn't had any ms, hasn't been tired & has just overall felt wonderful.... I wanted to walk over to her table & punch her in the face... I know that's extremely RUDE of me & I didn't & I felt really bad for the thought.

LMAO @ maybesoon!! everyone is different but I get what you mean!! My aunty keeps trying to butt in my business with her experiences, I honestly dont care if she loved fish or hated it when she was pregnant but I've heard the same story 1000 times!

awww nimbec :hugs: I hope it doesn't last for the whole of the pregnancy xxx

lol ukgirl.... sorry about your aunt! But honestly.... I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one that keeps hearing all the stories from people around me about their pregnancies. I really think the reason they piss me off so easily is because the oh was so vocal about how perfect & happy & easy his ex's pregnancies were... Makes me feel like everyone is judging me because I get sick, tired & dizzy from time to time, like I'm not normal or a hypochondriac.

Know how you feel ladies. A girl at work asked me how I was feeling and I said good just a really sore back. She was like "my sister had a baby and she didn't complain about back pain until the end when she was really big". So what? Why ask someone how they are if you are only asking to be a jerk? :shrug:

Hope you're feeling better soon Maybe Soon & UK girl. I think random sickness is pretty normal. I have been feeling really good since my MS ended and then on the train yesterday someone had a hot rotisserie chicken in a bag. I thought I was going to throw up. I haven't eaten chicken in 5 years and it is one of my least favorite smells in general but now that I am pg... oh man! I felt fine within a minute of getting off the train though. Ah weird pregnancy things! I have a feeling we have many more to come!

I hope you girls feel better soon... And hopefully it is just hormones and not a cold or anything nasty... My thoughts go out to you.

A girl at work asked me how I was feeling and I said good just a really sore back. She was like "my sister had a baby and she didn't complain about back pain until the end when she was really big". So what? Why ask someone how they are if you are only asking to be a jerk?
What a moron... Who cares lady?
I have people asking me how I feel (with a bit of contempt in their voices) and I don't go into explaining symptoms. I just say, I'm very well thank you. No need to hear their miserable stories OR their amazing experiences. Who the f*** cares anyway?
I had a call the other day from my cousin explaining to me with every detail how much she was vomiting at her pregnancies, deep detail for at least 20 min, and a friend telling me how torturing her labor was. I DON'T CARE! What's with the scare tactics anyway? Who in their right mind calls pregnant women to scare them with horrific stories?

If I want to get scared I can always google! lol!!!

I haven't started shopping for the baby yet and I feel very guilty, anyone else the same? I read other ladies have almost everything ready, but some of them have young toddlers too. When is it right to start shopping?

Hi all :)

In relation to other people and their pregnancies, I get that too! Walking my parents dogs and my dad said "you were away ages." Me "I know I can't walk as fast now, my back gets really sore" him "well, it shouldn't be sore this early" I know he didn't mean to be mean or rude, but sometimes the way he says stuff is unhelpful! I think people just try to relate any pregnancy story to you, and we get irritated because we know we aren't all the same!

So remember I was worried about not having told my co-workers? Turns out I don't need to. They all know. They have guessed because of my bump! Was with two last night for dinner and they were talking to me about...well not actually saying I was pregnant but asking things like "oh will you be getting a whole new wardrobe or just some things? Oh you'll need to take it easy" etc and I was like "you guys know?!?!" To which they gave me a look that said everyone knows you big heifer!!!

Now it's even more awkward cause everyone knows but I still haven't had a chance to mention it to them that I know they know :dohh: my dh is despairing of me being such a wacko!

DAN-O – I know what you mean about the boobs, mine feel like dead weights, its actually ridiculous how big they are, not that im complaining but I don’t want them to goooo!!!
MAYBESOON – Im glad you finally managed to discuss things and he now knows how you feel. Progress!! Your not a hypochondriac!! Every pregnancy is different! I was one of those ones with DD that had no morning sickness, felt fantastic and loved being pregnant – perfect pregnancy and birth but this time, ive had the sickness, the bleeding, the lead boobs, insomnia, nightmares etc etc etc!!
STEPH – I take my multivitamin and cod liver oil every day and will do until I give birth I think!
NIMBEC – I feel your pain, Im a week behind you, but still feeling sick on occasion and was actually sick the other morning – joyful isn’t it! Hopefully it will pass for us both soon!
AFM – I had my scan today – saw baby who has grown ridiculous amounts since 12 weeks. The area of bleeding is still there, however as I haven’t bled for 3 weeks im back to being midwife led!! Yayyyyy!!! They couldn’t see whether it was a boy or girl =/ she said and I actually quote “it either has big lips or a little willy” hmmmm great!! Haha!! Will find out on Monday anyway as paying for private scan – I don’t think the consultant could be bothered to have a proper look but Im happy either way! Pic attached of me last week! Exuse the knickers haha!!
Speak soon xxxxx

Attachments

• 18102012 15 weeks.jpg
    18102012 15 weeks.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 4
Stmw great news on being back to Midwiffe led :) not so good on the sick front as u say fx it will go soon!! On the gender side the private scans are soooooo much clearer - keep us upto date!

Well as for people's opinion in pregnancy I do find it funny how people tell you things but for me it hasn't really happened yet - instead everyone wants to touch my bump grrrrrrr I don't mind oh doing it infact I encourage that but it's a no go to strangers grrr I need a hands off the bump t- shirt!

Well I'm currently sat in car waiting for oh to come out of a work meeting then driving to another meeting then off to my familly in Derbyshire - oh and I have my chuihuaua puppy with me too...a propper familly outing!

My only complaint ..I'm dying for the loo (none here) an in feeling sick & praying I don't puke as I could so easily pee myself NOT good lol lol!!!

Hope everyone is well!

Stmw your bump looks great!!! And great news about being midwife led :) Can't wait for news of your private scan on Monday!

Nimbec, enjoy your tim with your family, I hope you start to feel better (and find somewhere to pee :haha:)

Afm, Friday 3.30pm can not come soon enough lol!

Doggylover, At least now you don't have to worry that people think you have been eating to much :winkwink:
STMW, yay for the bleeding to have stopped and all looking good! Can't believe they didn't take the time to look properly, but Monday is not far out :thumbup:
Nimbec, a little get away sounds great! Not having access to a bathroom... not so great lol. I have a chihuahua as well (I've had 3 total, but my two girls are no longer with me :nope:). Do you have a boy or girl? They are very loyal dogs but make sure you get the puppy used to kids now... i'm worried that my old man (hes 9) will not be too happy about a baby in the house :haha:

Lily, your so right about google! I try to stay away, but anytime anything is going on, thats the first place I go :haha:. It always leads to me believing that I may die ahahah.

AFM, feeling pretty good but I think i've been a little relaxed on my eating habits since my last doctors appointment :blush:. Up 2 lbs in 3 days, yieks!! I hope its partially water weight lol.

Regarding the comparisons... I can't even compare this pregnancy to my last sucessful one, it's been a lot harder so far! I think each pregnancy is completely different, so people making assumptions based on their own experiences are just rediculous lol! Tell 'em to take a hike lol!!

And as for the scare stories, that's crazy too! My sons birth was absoloutey fine and still very active and natural, despite being in hopsital with hypertesnion and under induction with him in the 'back to back' position! So much so, I wouldn't be at all worried where I give birth this time!
(I'll probably give birth somewhere rediculous, like in tescos or something, now I've said that lol :haha:)

STMW, glad the scan went well, did your bleed get any smaller?
I'm not being offered any scans at all to keep an eye on my bleed, so I'm going for a private one too. I can't get in before the 6th, but that's not too long to wait.. I guess!
Good luck for monday, hope baby co-operates and gives you a potty shot lol!!

I'm so jealous of you ladies who are all able to get private scans!! They don't do those in Canada. There's actually a law against non-medically prescribed ones, which they refer to as a "pleasure scan." So no chance to find out if Fraggle is blue or pink until our scheduled US at almost 20 weeks! Sigh.

We have a couple of friends that we need to tell still before our FB announcement next Wednesday, but it's tricky, because we don't see them a whole lot. So I think it might have to be by e-mail or text instead of the in person we were planning on. Which kind of sucks... but time is flying by and we're running out of opportunities!

The really sad part is one of them was my bridesmaid at my wedding last year, and the last little while we haven't had time to see each other much or even chat really, otherwise she'd probably already have known long ago! And I'm really torn up about having to tell her over the phone or e-mail. :dohh: But I really don't want her to find out for the first time on FB either. :nope:

Most people don't know I'm pregnant yet, so thankfully the belly touching and stupid stories haven't started yet... but I would imagine after we make our public announcement they'll start flooding in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->