April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

I'm feeling lots of squirmies this afternoon, too. Probably because I ate sour watermelon candy from the vending machine as an afternoon snack (instead of the greek yogurt I brought from home :dohh:).

bwahahaha I do that everyday! Bring healthy snacks, end up eating junk and then shamefully drag my snacks back home :haha:

I'm feeling lots of squirmies this afternoon, too. Probably because I ate sour watermelon candy from the vending machine as an afternoon snack (instead of the greek yogurt I brought from home :dohh:).

bwahahaha I do that everyday! Bring healthy snacks, end up eating junk and then shamefully drag my snacks back home :haha:

I could totally go for some sour watermelon candy right now... I thought I had some bits of Sour Keys left in my bag still that I was just looking for. But I didn't see them. :nope:

I think when it comes to POAS obsessive actually is the norm :haha: I had a chemical in May and that started with a super faint positives on internet cheapies and then tried a digi and that did show up positive, although a regular FRER came up negative. A week later I miscarried and we took the following month off from TTC. So I was a little apprehensive about POAS this time. Got a faint line on an internet cheapie (but darker that with my CP) and then a couple days later a similair faintish line on the cheapie and then just decided to do the stupid FRER even though I hated them after the last time and the line was SO, SO dark! It was practically purple and darker than the control line. I emailed the picture of it to my mum lol! I did a digi too, for fun but knew this was it :happydance: I will never again trust an internet cheapie though, I agree with others who say the amount of dye in them is not properly quality controlled.

Went to the midwife and baby's HB was nice and strong. My tilted uterus has now tilted to normal and is right on track for size, despite me still being able to button my pants :haha: Although I am sitting here in a pair of preggo leggings that my mum sent me and they are comfyyyyy! And somehow make me look more pregnant! Midwife wasn't much help with my flu shot questions. I am probably just not going to get one.

@Steph 82 I just got mine back today too. My trisomy results were same as yours 1:10,000 and my NT/down syndrome result was 1:4200 but that depends on other factors like age and not just the actual test. I am 30 and the midwife told me the "normal" chances of a 30 year old woman having a baby with down syndrome is 1:490. I don't know about neural tube defect. Is that the same test as spina bifida? If so I only just had blood drawn for that one today. And she said that it is much rarer today than it used to be since many foods are fortified with folate (breakfast cereal, bread etc) and many more women take prenatal vitamins before and early in pregnancy. I would think 1:2000 wouldn't be anything to worry about, sounds like a very, very low chance, but idk what normal is, sorry :shrug:

I think when it comes to POAS obsessive actually is the norm :haha: I had a chemical in May and that started with a super faint positives on internet cheapies and then tried a digi and that did show up positive, although a regular FRER came up negative. A week later I miscarried and we took the following month off from TTC. So I was a little apprehensive about POAS this time. Got a faint line on an internet cheapie (but darker that with my CP) and then a couple days later a similair faintish line on the cheapie and then just decided to do the stupid FRER even though I hated them after the last time and the line was SO, SO dark! It was practically purple and darker than the control line. I emailed the picture of it to my mum lol! I did a digi too, for fun but knew this was it :happydance: I will never again trust an internet cheapie though, I agree with others who say the amount of dye in them is not properly quality controlled.

Went to the midwife and baby's HB was nice and strong. My tilted uterus has now tilted to normal and is right on track for size, despite me still being able to button my pants :haha: Although I am sitting here in a pair of preggo leggings that my mum sent me and they are comfyyyyy! And somehow make me look more pregnant! Midwife wasn't much help with my flu shot questions. I am probably just not going to get one.

@Steph 82 I just got mine back today too. My trisomy results were same as yours 1:10,000 and my NT/down syndrome result was 1:4200 but that depends on other factors like age and not just the actual test. I am 30 and the midwife told me the "normal" chances of a 30 year old woman having a baby with down syndrome is 1:490. I don't know about neural tube defect. Is that the same test as spina bifida? If so I only just had blood drawn for that one today. And she said that it is much rarer today than it used to be since many foods are fortified with folate (breakfast cereal, bread etc) and many more women take prenatal vitamins before and early in pregnancy. I would think 1:2000 wouldn't be anything to worry about, sounds like a very, very low chance, but idk what normal is, sorry :shrug:

Thanks Kristabelle! Yes, the Neural Tube defect causes Spina bifida so its the same. I was surprised about the trisomy because of my age mostly (i'll be 30 next week). I read the same average that you have for our age and thought it would be much higher risk. So very happy there!!

I really need a pair of pregnancy leggings. Keep wearing my normal ones but they kind of slid down after some time. Not the most comfortable.

Ive got a mega bump going on tonight. Im going to go take a picture :) xx

Oh yes I need some visuals. :happydance:

I have the smallest belly in the history of 15 weeks... :dohh:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/4-your-bumps-1032.html#post22421023

WTH is wrong with me? Where is my belly? They promised me a belly! I want my money back.:shrug:

awww lily dont worry you will get your bump!! I didn't get a bump with my first baby until I was about 6-7 months pregnant :hugs: :)

I was laying on my tummy last night trying to make my son a fiddle for nursery rhyme day at school today, he's the cat and the fiddle, and I felt little wriggles from bean!! It's was awesome :D

on a hush hush note, is anyone having rude dreams? last night I had a very rude one and a few nights before I had the same thing, I saw there was a thread on here about it and I was thinking oh well it'll never happen to me.. and now it is!! omg so rude!! lol

Aww Lily!! Your bump will come and then in a few months you'll be saying "I wish I was smaller again!!" At least you are able to wear your normal clothes and look normal - I look very weird in some of my cloths at the minute!!!

Sooo my baby likes Oreos. I know this because another teacher sent me an Oreo (that's the sort of school we are) and after eating it I felt a whole lot of little flutters!!

Thank you girls!
The weird thing is I've gained so much so far, it is 5kgs (11 lbs) for sure. I'm slightly over what is normal to gain at this point. Anyone would guess I'd have developed some bump... I guess it is all internal? I have wide hip bones so the baby is still comfy inside there?

Candy: no rude dreams, just nightmares! Falling teeth, and lizards from small to gigantic ones. And I'm not even afraid of lizards in real life, I'm very fond of them :O

I don't know what makes the LO happy, but I know that like a clockwork he plays trampoline at 4am and at 6am. Training for night time feedings I guess?

Heya all!

UKGIRL - I had a rude dream last night , well I was awoken before it had a change to get quite rude but still haha!!

Have my scan in 2 hours to see if Ill be under consultant care or midwife care due to the bleeds - hoping all is ok and ill be midwife!!

Will get a pic up a some point of the bump aswell!

Hope your all well xxxx

Good luck stmw, hope all goes well!

Ukgirl, yep rude and also very random dreams occurring here lol!!

Stmw good luck!!! I'm consultant led it no big problem so please don't be disheartened if you are BUT obviously i hope you are not!!

Ukgirl I've had the strangest dreams very rude!! also nightmares grrrrrrrrr sometimes the two are combined lol lol

Thanks both!

I know it wouldnt be too bad if I was consultant led - however I wouldnt be able to have this one at a Birth Centre like I did with DD, it was such a good birth experience with her and im hoping for the same with this one.

Ive had a few nightmares too when Ive woken up and actually sat up - not nice!!!

xxxxx

Stmw, I hope all goes well at your appointment!

I am having vivid dreams, still sleep talking :wacko:

Just realised how much my boobs are suddenly hurting today, what's that all about lol? Been fine up until now!

Also, what's with my bloat today, feel like I've put on about 3 stone overnight! :haha:

Deffo feeling pregnant today!

good luck stmw!! xxx :hugs:

Im glad I'm not alone with the weirdo dreams lol xx

Good luck stmw!!!!

I having really vivid off the wall just plain weird dreams lately. Hadn't really thought about it being pregnancy related. Just thought it was my mind trying to escape all the craziness around me... lol

I'm feeling pretty good today. Went to the oh's house yesterday after work. Didn't knock, ring the doorbell or anything. I just put my key in the door & walked right in like I owned the place!!! I walked over to him sitting on the couch & crawled right up in his lap facing him & said "you owe me a talk." Well we visited for about 30 minutes. I think it went well (it seemed to have gone well). Before I left he told me not to worry & we would get it all figured out. I hope he really means it. We discussed so much in such a short period. I guess the bottom line is he knows how I feel & it's up to him. So I guess we will see what happens.

Hope you ladies have a fantastic day....

Maybesoon I'm pleased things are looking a little more positive. Please remember to think of yourself first - he has a huge amount to put right!! Fx he will but as hard as it is please don't pin too much hope on him as if he is truly an alcoholic it's a very long road to recovery and he really needs to accept that and get help. You are in the best position at the moment to lay thing out on the table for him. Please please don't get me wrong I really hope you can work things out together (((hugs))) xx

Thank you nimbec.... And I completely agree. That's why I told him I wasn't moving back in anytime soon. That I thought it was best that we attend some sort of marriage classes (not a counselor) to learn how to communicate with one another & compromise. He actually for the first time agreed!!!!! I think when I put it to him that we didn't need someone to tell us that we are screwed up, we need help learning how to communicate (which he doesn't at all) and work things out as a couple that's what sold him.... I told him I feel like we need to take it slowly & see each other on the weekends when the kids aren't there until we can figure out if we can make this work & figure out how to be equals in the relationship. I told him I couldn't just move back in because I need a place that I know I won't be thrown out of, that I couldn't risk being thrown out on my face for a third time by him. He actually said he understands and when I left he seemed pretty positive about us. But I'm taking that with a grain of salt & will just take it day by day and see where it leads. He now understands completely that I want our family together but that I have limits & what I expect from him as a spouse & father. I hope he can actually do what he has promised....

Thank you for your support through this mess I'm in. It really does mean the world to me. I don't know how I would have made it this far without you & some of the other ladies on here. :hugs:

Oh yes I need some visuals. :happydance:

I have the smallest belly in the history of 15 weeks... :dohh:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/4-your-bumps-1032.html#post22421023

WTH is wrong with me? Where is my belly? They promised me a belly! I want my money back.:shrug:

I carried dd#1 really small and didn't really show to me until around 20 weeks and people at work who didn't know I was pregnant didn't start noticing until like 31-32 weeks! :wacko:

I'm seriously the same size now as I was around 28 weeks with dd. :dohh:

Edit: Oh, and to add to this -- with dd#1, I had gained about 15 pounds by now. This time, I've lost 1 pound so far. Yet I'm so huge this time and seriously wasn't showing at all at this point last time. :shrug:

UGH.... How is it I can start the day feeling so great & at the drop of a hat start feeling like total poo??? I was doing so good today, feeling great, then about 20 minutes ago I got sick to my tummy, tired, dizzy & feel like utter crap.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->