April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Conkers littlespy.. spiders hate them. it is spider season here and conkers keep them out xx

Ah, I had no idea what conkers were so I looked them up and apparently they're what we refer to as "buckeyes" here. Though I haven't seen any of those since I was a kid and then they were dry and what I read says they need to be fresh. :shrug: So I think I'm forced to go back to hoping the lemon oil theory really works.

doggylover - I. would. die. if that thing got in my hair. And I have long hair so I've been very worried about it!

Haha, when we took dd to the doctor yesterday, hubby kept offering to drive and I was like "Um, no. If you're driving, that means you can't be looking to be sure the spider isn't on me!" :rofl:

I had actually been out of the car and when I got back in it was on the headrest apparently and crawled onto my head. I jumped out screaming (as you can imagine) and my SIL stood and laughed her head off while I literally smacked myself round the head to get it off. It was awful!!

Funny I was wondering when I said conkers if Americans would know what they are! we have loads here, because we have so many chesnut trees, kids play with them every autumn.

I looked up conkers and buckeyes, as I wasn't sure what either was... Low and behold it is the nut from the horse-chestnut tree! I have one right outside my house in my neighbors yard! I hate the thing as it drops those nasty spikey-shells that cover the nuts. They drop into my yard and get hard over the winter time. Come spring and summer we are out in the yard with bare feet and...ouchy! A stupid spikey in our feet! But that is good news on the spiders. I will go outside and pile some up to take inside to repel all the spiders in my house as soon as I get home from work!

bwhahahahaha that story just made me laugh out loud at work (kinda akward cause i sit alone lol)! I totally feel ur pain! I'm OK with snakes and rats and anything else, but if it crawls, I freak out!!

We get alot of palmetto bugs in Florida (which if you have not seen them, they are like Roaches but at least 3 times the size)!! They are usually in every house somewhere. I find about 2 or 3 a year and usually they will be sitting on my kitchen counter when I turn the light on at night!! Thank God I have not seen one Pregnant!! I think I would cry and then curl into a hysterical ball on the floor :haha:. The worst part is... OH works out of town and is only home every other weekend. My luck, these suckers will show up right after he leaves :rofl:

I have no advice to offer for the spider but what I do (again... all the bigs in Florida), I stray "home defense" around all the doorjams of my car, about 2 times a year. That usually keeps all the creapy crawly things out! :dohh:

We get alot of palmetto bugs in Florida (which if you have not seen them, they are like Roaches but at least 3 times the size)!! They are usually in every house somewhere. I find about 2 or 3 a year and usually they will be sitting on my kitchen counter when I turn the light on at night!! Thank God I have not seen one Pregnant!! I think I would cry and then curl into a hysterical ball on the floor :haha:. The worst part is... OH works out of town and is only home every other weekend. My luck, these suckers will show up right after he leaves :rofl:

Steph, I live in the "Palmetto State" so yes, I'm afraid I'm all too familiar with Palmetto Bugs. *shudder* The worst part is when you go to smack them and the b*stards start flying at you! Ugh, they're everywhere. And it never fails, I"ll open a drawer or something, and there one is, crawling out at me. And there's like no way to get rid of them! They're not like regular roaches where they're only there if it's dirty or there's food left out or something. They're just always there, finding ways inside from outside. :dohh: I hate them, but I'm not really so much afraid of them. They startle me and I think they're really gross and I can't pick them up after I kill them when they're still wiggling, but they're not nearly as terrifying to me as spiders. I'm really not so far from FL (I live in Columbia) so I feel your pain with all the bugs though I think if it's possible you may actually have it worse depending on which part of FL you're in. :haha: :nope: I feel like the warmer and more humid it is, the more ridiculously huge and nasty the bugs get. I used to live upstate and we had bugs but it's way worse here, just 100 miles south!

Ew, like a month ago I killed a palmetto bug in my kitchen -- like guts smashed out killed -- and was going to come back later to collect him once he stopped wiggling. And I went back... and he was gone. He had drug his smushed guts-falling-out ass off to hide! They're so nearly impossible to kill!

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW ahahahahah yes, the guts always spread far!!!!!

But at least once you hit them, you know where they are... worse is when they take off under the counter or dishwasher!!! :gun:

So I believe you cursed me!!!! :haha: I walked up to my front door and smack into a spider web :sick: ... and not a normal one, but one of the black and white webs, which a spiky spider with red legs. Now I have to admit... i don't have all my spacial awareness yet and so I went bump first "shudder" :rofl:. Thank heaven, the web broke and the spider was still on the leftover web and not my poor baby lol :dohh:

OH is coming home tonight, so he has his hands full with de bugging the place this weekend ahahah.

Awww Little Spy sorry about your scary spider time! I am terrified of bees and wasps. I wish I knew some anti-spider tricks!

Holy crap... I've just had my scare for the evening!

I went outside to toss a bag of garbage into the bin, and as I was mid toss I realized there was a racoon sitting inside staring at me... very near head level! Needless to say I tossed the bag in and ran all the way back inside!!

Those of you in the UK probably won't get this, since I know you don't have racoons... but they're quite viscious and can get pretty large! My heart is still thudding. :wacko:

awww doggylover which episode are you on now?

my mum has a conker tree so I'm sorted lol

Readytomum- I dont blame you for running! xx

Oh readytomum raccoons are evil!!! That would be scary (although they have such cute wee faces!)

Ukgirl just watched episode three, there is only episode 4 left on the site I'm on, so ill watch it later.

Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

OMG OMG OMG YUK I'm shaking just hearing the spider in car incident - i'm terrified of them and also wasps. I had a very simular episode just before i got pg where i was in car driving and there was a MASSIVE wasp and i mean huge im not exaggerating! I was hysterical with no shoes on outside car tryng to wack it with one but couldnt/wouldnt dare get close enough to get it!! I had all windows and boot open and after about 45 mins it flew out - yes i really did spend that long at side of road in a state of hysteria LOL!!!

Oh no about the huge cockroach looking bugs that's just horrible! I think I'd pass out!!! As for me, I live in the country side so spiders are very common.... And I hate them with a passion! And try are not little small ones either!! Like massive! Oh hates it when I find one, he could be in the bath or asleep in bed and I will make him catch it and put it out! Recently found an unusual looking spider in my bathroom.... Took a pic and got rid of it, later learned its a fake widow! Most poisionous spider in uk yuk yuk yuk! Thank goodness my lo or cats didn't go for it as they can be very bitey! Will be collecting some conkers next weekend from my aunt hopefully! Hope every one is feeling good this morning! Xx

Yikes, ReadytoMum! I think racoons are adorable but I certainly would freak out, too, in that situation! We have a resident raccoon who hangs out in our front yard a lot but he doesn't bother our trashcan or hens or anything like that so I don't mind him. I always worry about them being rabid around here (because it happens fairly frequently not because I'm crazy :haha:). Speaking of rabies (haha), some people got bitten by a rabid bat just like 20 miles from here last month! Gosh, I really need to move. :haha:

kealz -- Yikes on the spider! My husband just killed a black widow (very poisonous) 3 days ago that had taken up residence in our recycling bin. *shudder* Sometimes I start feeling like they're just all out to get me. :haha: We have a TON of spiders living on our front porch that we just let live in hopes they'll eat lots of the other pesky bugs. As long as they stay outside and leave me alone it's fine.

all this bug talk is creeping me out but hey I guess it is halloween appropriate lol!!

Well Im quite pleased with myself, I managed 1 hour in the car without puking on the M27 to Marwell Zoo, and I managed to walk around for 3 hours. Although... OH made me cry by packing the wrong sandwich for me... how pthetic am I!! I cried over a sandwich lol.. good day out though and I'm getting more kicks today which is great, OH has gone out for dinner with his friends tonight so I'm off to put the kids to bed and then chill out in peace :) <3

Hope everyone is enjoying their saturday :) xxx

Morning ladies, hope everyone is well today!
Quiet in here at the weekends! :flower:

Hi all :) so we made out first baby purchase today! well apart from the nappies! Just got some little vests, a cute sleep suit and bibs from tesco but super exciting!!! We also went into a toyshop which also sells prams and :dohh: the women showing us the quinny buzz 3 were like a tragic comedy act! They kept saying they had just been trained in it but knew nothing and couldn't work it at all!! I ended up telling THEM info and showing them how to do it! My dh thinks I spend all my time online looking at prams.....oh wait i do!!!

Very amusing, and can't believe I now own some baby things!!! I'm hoping its not too early to buy stuff though- although I'm almost 17 weeks.

Halloween was a blast.

I think all my FB friends finally caught on lol

Attachments

• Halloween 2012.jpg
    Halloween 2012.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 19

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members