April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Doggy, I know you are right! Not only was it unprotected (as in without any bc) but it was also full :spermy: ahead... lol... if you know what i mean!

He just texted me, backtracking and saying that he would not take it back for anything and that everything worked out with his job at the right time. I'm just disappointed that he would EVER believe that I would want to trick him!! The last thing I would want was to PLAN to not have a father (who wanted to be a father). It's one thing, if thats how things end up...nothing you can do about it... but I would never intentionally plan it that way!

Grrrr. Sorry... done ranting lol:growlmad:

Bjs, Doggylover, LittleSpy: Thanks!! I'm really pleased with how well the photo turned out, and I can't wait till Wednesday when we can post it to FB for everyone to see. :happydance: Our kitty-cat is our fur baby, and he is such a SUCK. He is very anti-cat in that he's super affectionate and loves to cuddle. He's going to get a nasty kick in the pants when LO arrives and he's no longer the center of attention. lol Poor guy.

Steph: Sorry to hear about the OH trouble. I think it takes a while for things to sink in for guys about babies because they're not very directly connected at this point to what's happening... I'd bet he's super happy about it, but now that it's starting to really sink in he's starting to freak out because he doesn't think he can provide properly for his family. Just give him some time to adjust, and try to reassure him that things will be just fine! I'm sure he'll come around. :hugs:

I think your right though about spreading the costs doggylover! You could find an amazing bargain now but if u waiting and bought closer to the time you might not be so lucky! I'm fairly lucky as I still have carseat, cot, pushchair ( I have the Icandy peach) so my mum is going to buy the second seat for bubs as Paige is still at the age where she needs a pushchair to nap if out etc! I'm buyin her a toddler bed and bedding for Christmas if we have a girl inwont need to buy anything, maybe just a few token new bits!!! Don't forget to save things for other people to buy u!!! Xxx

Steph..... I am so very sorry your oh is being a butt right now.... What the heck.... It's funny how when it's time to act they are all in it & for it. Then later it's all your fault that "you" didn't do the preventing. WOW! I agree with doggylover & I think I'm going to steal her line & email my oh something along the lines of Oprah & my immaculate conception!!!!

At least last week when my oh was going on & on about how he's stressed about how he's going to get his kids ready for the new baby & I asked him "if you weren't ready & you didn't think the kids were going to be ok with it, why did we get pregnant this soon, why didn't we wait?" He looked at me all astonished & said "Because we wanted a baby together." Ugh I so wish I would have pointed out to him at that moment YES TOGETHER.... THIS ISN'T TOGETHER....

I'm beginning to HATE the male kind all together....

Kealz don't worry, on my list I have people's names next to different items!! Keeping plenty of bits and bobs for my family to get us! And I know friends will get us stuff too, but I'm hoping they'll get us lots of clothes as we're staying minimal on that! It will be so nice for Paige to get lots of new bits like a bed, it will make her feel extra special before the baby comes. Also love the icandy peach! It was on my top 5 list!

Readytomum our cat is being verrrry annoying at the minute. He whines all the time. Ill take your cat instead!

Readytomum.. congrats on your one year anniversary!!! We were meant to be getting married in july but with baby coming we have pushed it back 2 years which is typical because I found my dream dress two weeks ago :(

Steph.. your oh is a moron if he was happy to have unprotected sex with you without concidering the consequences!

we got our bean a cute bear outfit today. I am huge today and I have stretching pains in my groin area which hurts! We have our 16 week check up friday Im so excited :) xx

Wow, Steph. That response from your husband is ridiculous. I think men in general (here I go being sexist) often have a difficult time accepting responsibility for birth control! My husband keeps talking about a birth control pill for men and I keep saying I'm not so sure about it because I don't know that I would trust many men to take the pill responsibly (or be honest about it and use another form of contraception if they hadn't been taking it responsibly!). Anyway, it makes hubby angry when I say that but it's true for me. I know with us, we're married so we'd share in the responsibility of an "oops" baby but... I'm the one who has to be pregnant and give birth and breastfeed. And while I love and want all those things, it means completley sharing my body with another person for, well from the minute I know I'm pregnant until I stop breastfeeding. It all takes a huge toll on a woman's body. It's just SO MUCH more responsibility required of a woman for a pregnancy whether it was planned or not. Not in conceiving the baby, but in pretty much everything that happens after that for at least a year or two.

I also think that a lot of men seriously don't get ttc. You could have been telling him exactly when you're ovulating and he could acknowledge it and agree and still have very little idea about what it actually meant. But again, it's not at all your responsibility to educate him or to pry and be sure he fully understands. My husband would insist (and be obviously offended if I questioned it) that he knew exactly what was going on with ttc. But when I'd say something like "I got a positive OPK so I'll be ovulating in the next 24-48 hours" I could really tell he didn't know exactly what that meant (that we needed to get to it several times in the next 48 hours to have a good shot!). Finally this last time he told me to "be clear" (and I thought I had been because I was letting him know exactly when I was ovulating!) so I'd say something like "You, me, sex, NOW!" because honestly, I wasn't sure how to be much more clear than that. :haha: So now he complains that I made it too "mechanical" and unromantic this time. :dohh: Can't win. :nope: Sorry, I went off on a bit of a tangent there but I think the point was the same: Hmmmmppphhh, men! :haha:

Haha, wow. After reading the last several posts on this thread, I see the man-hating hormones must really run rampant during 2nd tri. :rofl:

"You, me, sex, NOW!" :

:rofl:

My dh definitely didn't get all the lingo (opk, bbt etc) but he knew we were doing smep so we had to have sex every other day and was good about saying "we have to do it tonight! What if tonight's the night?!"

Steph Every man goes through their psychotic break down at some point during the woman's pregnancy. Mine had several of them during our 1st pregnancy. It is just a matter of coping and dealing let him vent then tell him nicely you understand how scary this is for him as well as you too. I swear men don't get it. Sorry that he said all those ridiculous things to you.

Doggylover at least he said something about it. . .we got knocked up this time around because we both would wake up having sex with each other. I tell him he sleep raped me even though neither of us know how it began.

Readytomum congrats on your Anniversary! The picture was super adorable as well !! We just status updated it with a expecting baby added to our timelines with the ultrasound scan attached to it.

Ukgirl DH and i went to the court house and tied the knot and had a ceremony later on for our families. Isn't it just the luck to find the one dress now.

Afm, well 2 days and counting down till we get to see if it is an Emmaleigh Claire or Remington Cooper! I swear my parents hounded me till i told them the date of the scan...we were going to do a cute gender revel at Thanksgiving for our families but mine just wouldn't leave us the hell alone! Well hopefully i will be back to tell you all Weds. if we are team pink or blue if this little stinker lets us see!!

Mammabrown.. we are considering that now. We had planned to get married in this gorgeous hotel garden with a butterfly release. My daughter as flower girl and my son as paige boy.

So exciting that you get your gender scan soon! Xx

Oh momma brown can't wait to hear the results of your scan! And an interesting way of getting pregnant, sleep sex isn't one that's happened to me as of yet!

It is definitely strange but that is what happened. It seems to happen lots more too now that i am pregnant. We were puzzled for weeks and bickering that it was each of us starting it but now we just go with the flow.:?:

Mammabrown.. we are considering that now. We had planned to get married in this gorgeous hotel garden with a butterfly release. My daughter as flower girl and my son as paige boy.

So exciting that you get your gender scan soon! Xx
Oh that would be soo beautiful! I think that it can still happen. They even have maternity wedding dresses that are so elegant!

I am excited seems like time has slowed down so much since it's getting closer to Halloween.

It is definitely strange but that is what happened. It seems to happen lots more too now that i am pregnant. We were puzzled for weeks and bickering that it was each of us starting it but now we just go with the flow.:?:

I guess your sleep selves definitely enjoy it then! Definitely go with the flow, you are already pregnant so there isn't anything else 'major' that can rest from it....unless you accidentally roll out of bed or something!!

I guess your sleep selves definitely enjoy it then! Definitely go with the flow, you are already pregnant so there isn't anything else 'major' that can rest from it....unless you accidentally roll out of bed or something!!

LMAO breaking a hip while pregnant would definitly be one for the books!:haha:

lol... Mommabrown.... My oh & I have done the sleep sex thing a couple of times in the past. He always swore up & down to me that I attacked him & I swear it was the other way around..... That's funny...

Good Luck on your upcomming scan! How exciting!!!

lol... Mommabrown.... My oh & I have done the sleep sex thing a couple of times in the past. He always swore up & down to me that I attacked him & I swear it was the other way around..... That's funny...

Good Luck on your upcomming scan! How exciting!!!

Oh i am so glad i am not the only one!!! I give him a kiss at bed time and say please try to control yourself tonight if you can. lol

I definitely recommend the Icandy peach doggylover I loooove my pushchair! One thing I will say is I got the carry cot with it too, but found I didn't use it much as baby would bounce around on bumpy roads and pavements etc as it has no straps so just used car seat till she was old enough to you the seat part! Lol at the sleep sex! Never happened to me as of yet... But I can imagine slightly concerning too? Lol!!! Sorry for all the oh problems with some ladies! Oh exciting momma brown for the gender scan! As for irritating cats, we have 3 and I love them dearly, but they have become destructive and I'm sick of the hair and cat litter and all other issues we are having with them at the moment and have decided after lots of talking that it would be best for us and them to re home them with new baby on way as well as we only live in 2 bedroom maisonettes..... I'm heart broken as my lo loves them so much although one doesn't love her.... At all lol.... It's for the best! Don't know when they are going yet... But not looking forward to it at all.... I feel like I have failed them but i really just can't do it any more...... I feel like such a bad person:(

kealz -- You're doing what's best for them and you, so try not to feel bad! Much better to take your time finding a great home for them now than having some terrible situation when you bring baby home and having to just send them to the first person who will take them (or taking them to the shelter). :flower:

We have 3 dogs and we're having a lot of trouble with one of them and our dd. I can't really take her near him as he weighs 90 pounds and jumps and plows over everything and everyone. He's seriously untrainable. I'm not exaggerating. I've been working with him for over 4 years since I adopted him and his history on the track (he's a retired racing greyhound) proves to me he's not a great learner. I keep giving him more and more chances and I swear he's getting worse. :nope: He's not even getting along well with the other dogs. It's just not the right situation for him (he has a lot of anxiety and I think would thrive with lots of one-on-one attention which is something I just can't give him having a full-time job and 2 other dogs and a toddler). I don't know how long we're going to make it with him with a new baby. Not sure if I should give up now and rehome him or if I should try to stick it out (I hate the thought of rehoming him so much because he's 8 years old).

The other 2 dogs are golden, even the one my husband had serious concerns about (I never doubted the pup for a second. I knew he would love a child, especially my child. The dog is a true mama's boy. What's sad is that he's the littermate of the dog we're having such trouble with... which is why I adopted the other dog in the first place. :dohh: I thought given their very similar genetics and being raised in the same environment, they'd have similar personalities and be similarly trainable. What a moron I am! :nope:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->