April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Steph... That is such a cute costume!!! I love it!!!

Readytomum.... Sorry about the coon scare! Those little boogers are not only vicious but extremely smart! We had 5 at one time at my old house in the country. Set traps & the little shits were letting each other out!!!! It was crazy!!!

AFM.... Well I haven't heard from the oh since I left the house on Thursday evening. I tried texting him 3 times Friday & once yesterday..... Guess he's put me on ignore mode again. I just don't think I can do it anymore. Had the worst dream last night that I went to the bathroom to pee at work & had the baby.... Woke up crying & couldn't go back to sleep... It was horrible!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Oh sorry about your dream!! That sounds horrible!

I can't believe he ignored you! Does he feel like he is in the right? It would make sense for you to ignore him, but not the other way around!

Hope the rest of your day is a bit better

Steph love the costume!!!

Maybesoon so sorry he Is letting you down :(

I'm at my parents for a few days. My bump is really growing in finding it a bit uncomfortable as my boobs are sitting on bump and I feel it's all hutched up!! I'm not complaining for one second!!! But my enormous boobs on me are very heavy I feel like Pamela Anderson!!

Hi and welcome scarlet!!! Congrats on your pregnancy :)

Steph that costume is amazing!! I love it!

Welcome Sacrlet!

Hope you all had a nice weekend! I stayed mostly inside, I wanted to get some rest. I have no idea why they say that 2nd tri is the easy one, but I feel more tired, I can't do as much as I could, and I get little pains all the time. It is not so easy for me, I even need help getting up if I'm sitting on the floor!
I got another bra and I can hardly believe the C cup is tight. I will be wearing a D soon :O I never imagined it, because I have the smallest boobies!!!I got one of the nursing kind that I can use later too.

Steph82 oh lol at the costume it is the best!!! And DH is like the Swedish chef from the muppets!!! You guys are the best!

Nimbec lol at the boobs! I'm not Pamela yet, but sure look like I had a boob job aahahaa!!! Have fun with your parents!

maybesoon so sorry he is being so stupid...
And don't worry about the nightmares, they are happening to help us get over our fears. I have some sort of nightmare every night.... It must have been so scary though , here is a hug!

Are you guys hungry, and how often? I feel I'm hungry in the morning but not at night, so weird.. I used to be the other way around... I couldn't eat 4 bites from my dinner last night :O

love love love the costume Steph82! so awesome!

Hope everyone had a good weekend :)

November is almost here!

Morning ladies :)

Another Monday...but this week I'm only at work 2 days, and no pupils are in so I can't complain!!

I posted on FB yesterday about pram shopping, so now all my colleagues arr coming to me this morning saying "Yay! i alreday knew, but now it's official!"

It makes me laugh that they all knew, simply because of my growing bump! I love that my bump is big enough for people to notice :cloud9: that said i purposely wore a maternity top today which shows off my bump!! I am LOVING being pregnant at the minute!

Not so much getting up at 4am to sleep on the sofa because the dogs I am dog sitting were throwing themselves against the kitchen door crying. One of them is such a big baby (my fault, I raised him to be totally dependent on me, then moved out and left him at my parents' house as that is where he is used to living) so I slept on the sofa, with him and the other dog lying beside the sofa, and our 2 still in their beds :dohh:

Hey Ladies!

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! It's been horrible and rainy and cold here... the weather network keeps talking about the "Stormageddon" we're expecting because of Hurricane Sandy. So far it's just a lot of talk and dark gloomy weather.

Today is mine and DH's one year Wedding Anniversary! We decided to celebrate yesterday, since today is Monday. We bought a little dresser for Fraggle's room which I'm going to paint with Dr. Seuss characters (our theme) and we bought some lovely yellow fabric to re-upholster our rocking chair to put in the nursery.

Then we bought ourselves some new boardgames... we're fairly obsessed with games. We have an entire bookshelf full of them!! We tried out a new Mexican restaurant for dinner which was *amazing!!!* and then we came home and watched the "Nightmare Before Christmas" which is one of my favourite movies, and we had some of our saved wedding cake. (Which still tasted fantastic!) :cloud9: So yesterday was a completely wonderful day.

Oooh... and we also got our new "family photo" taken for our FB announcement on Wednesday. I've attached it here so you can see it. :happydance: I think it turned out so awesome.... so we're going to tag the big pumpkins with our names, tag the cat as "Bat Kitty" and then tag the little pumpkin as "Baby Layman, AKA Fraggle" And then the caption will read something like this: "The Layman family is expanding!! Hadrian isn't quite sure what he thinks about it all... but he's a got a few more months to get used to the idea!"

Attachments

• Fraggle Announcement.jpg
    Fraggle Announcement.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 6
Welcome Scarlet!!

Lily, I know what your saying! So far i've felt really good but my bumb has starting having growths spurts since last week and I am def feeling the effects of it... I am sleeping better, but when I do turn... ouch...it hurts! I also just noticed that my legs are starting to hurt if I'm up all day! Oh boy, not even at the half way mark and just starting to get bigger :dohh: :haha:

nimbec, Yes the boobs!! I had to finally break down and buy a couple of bras this weekend! I figured they may not be done growing yet, so I just picked up some inexpensive ones at Target (nursing). I am now officially a DD :dohh:
I an only imagine what they will look like after all this is done :haha:

AFM, was not ready for the weekend to be over :coffee:. Started to feel a bit sick yesterday, so I spent the whole day in bed... hopefully that took care of it!

Awww... Nice to know I'm not the only one on the bra buying scene this weekend. I bought 2 new bras, got them home & went to put one on this am & realized the goofy cashier didn't take those stupid little anti-theft tags off either one of them..... UGH.... So looks like I'll be taking them back tonight & getting the tags removed.....

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Have a great day.

Morning!

Scarlet- Welcome and congrats!

Steph- The costume is so cute! Love it! :thumbup:

Readytomum- Your kitty is adorable! Love the announcement! Also, congrats on the wedding anniversary!

Doggylover- That is exciting you are feeling great and loving being prego! I am defo starting to show now, but with my normal clothes I mostly just look fatter than normal. :haha: I think I need to take a shopping trip for some maternity clothes!

Maybesoon- Sorry to hear about your OH, or lack of. You are a strong woman for how well you are dealing with his mess!

Readytomum I love that picture! Your cat looks amazing!!! And sounds like you had an amazing anniversary, congratulations on the one year!

Maybesoon I got a maternity dress home and the security tag was still on it :dohh: so my sister has taken it back for me. So annoying!

Afm, we are buying our car seat today :happydance: I wasn't even thinking of getting it any time soon, but got a £25 off voucher from boots, and checked the maxi cosi cabriofix on there and it's reduced to £104, so will get it for £79 which is £51 off :happydance: I love a bargain!!! And I love buying baby stuff now, I think I'm obsessed! :blush:

Thanks Bjs2005... But strong is the last thing I feel right now. I'm doing everything I can to keep my sanity. Easier said than done. I keep telling myself I'm done, but the reality is... I still love him. I want our family together. And to be perfectly honest. Lately I have been questioning why God allowed me to get pregnant now of all times if my husband & I were just going to fall apart. How is this fair to my baby at all? There are so many couples out there who would give anything to have a baby & he chose to give me one at the strangest time in my life. But then again.... Everything was fine before my BPF. I'm just so confused right now & I feel like I'm just floating around waiting to fall.

I can't wait to buy my first baby item, but I'm going to wait till I know what I'm having as I've got so much from Paige still ill only need to buy clothes if its a boy!
Thinking of all you ladies in the states with this hurricane sandy :( hope your all safe!! Xxx

Readytomum - Love the pic! Being in a state that gets hit with hurricanes and tropical storms pretty often, I'm like.... really sick of Sandy already. :haha: I feel like it's being blown WAY out of proportion! I'm aware it's hitting somewhere that almost never gets hit but... really.... I guess it's like how everyone laughed at us when our entire state had to shut down for 3 days because we got 8 inches of snow a couple years ago. :haha: Just not prepared or equipped to deal with it.

I think I'm going through buying-baby-stuff withdrawals because I feel like I'm just wasting money. I spent a lot of the weekend looking at crib bedding only to finally talk sense into myself that it would be a huge waste of money and that what I should really do instead is buy my daughter some toddler bedding (which is like 1/10th the price for some insane reason) and reuse her crib bedding. So, I put toddler bedding on my registry so I can get 10% off in a few months once no one buys it (I'm not sure I'll even share the registry :wacko:).

So I'm terrible at keeping secrets and my husband now claims he never cared if we kept gender a secret from others (BS!). I'm thinking about revealing gender by carving it into a pumpkin ("It's a girl!") and posting the picture on facebook and whoever sees it sees it and whoever doesn't doesn't. :shrug: Just not sure. I know my mom and MIL are driving my husband nuts because they're just *so sure* we're having a boy this time and he just wants to shut them up. :haha:

Sorry guys but I need to rant about OH...

We just met for lunch and talk about Saturday came up (how he was totally drunk and texted and fb messaged my friend that he needed to talk). I asked him what he needed to talk to her about and he said: "Well, it was something she said in the car. She mentioned that you knew what you were doing, when you got pregnant"!!
Mind you... of course I knew what I was doing, because we had talked about it!!!!!! I am just so upset about how he feels!

Just to add, our TTC background: He was inbetween jobs and said he would like to wait another 6 months, just to be financially stable. I have a very secure job and felt like there was no reason to wait (since I could cover the expenses of the baby if need be). I also believed that it would take at least 6 months to get pregnant (just from statistics about our age; OH 44, me 30). So we decided that we would NTNP. I started temping and would tell him: "ok, well next week i'll be ovulating, in casse you want to know!". He would always say something like, I thought we werent worrying about it,... or I wont remember that.
So it took 3 months, and we did get pregnant. He had started a new job a week before and was thrilled. Timing had worked out perfect.

So now today.... he feels that I "tricked" him, because I knew when I would be fertile!!!!!!! Of course I knew!!!!!! That's why I would warn him. I felt like: If he is not ready yet, then he needs to do something to prevent it! I guess I was wrong??! He told me today: "if you knew, then you should have stopped me during" Really??? Am I his mother??? I didnt prevent, because I wanted a baby sooner! If he wanted to wait, then wouldn't it be his responsibility to prevent??

I'm sorry for this rant, but I am just so upset right now! He just texted me that I was being selfish when not preventing, because I knew he was not financially in the right position to save for a baby and I could be mad at him if I wanted to be.

I know he is happy about the baby, and thats not the point! I just feel so disappointed in him, for not mentioning this to me sooner (or at all)!!

Steph sorry to hear about your oh. It must be a miracle that he is incapable of preventing pregnancy himself by using condoms.......which is exactly what I would tell him. He signed up for sex, unprotected, and no matter what the situation between two people (married, ttc, one night stand) having unprotected sex leads to babies. You didn't get pregnant on your own. Maybe you should tell him Oprah wants to interview you since he apparently has nothing to do with this so it's clearly an immaculate conception.

He's being selfish, and immature. He needs to grow up, man up and wise up. :hugs:

Maybesoon I'm also sorry about your continuing frustration and disappointment with oh. You have had such a rough time lately, and I just hope it all works out for you soon.

Kealz I hadn't planned to buy anything before 20 weeks, but then we decided we would buy little bits and pieces to spread the cost. We aren't finding out gender, but now I'm worried I'm going to go nuts! I enjoy ticking things off my to buy list a little too much!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->