April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

lol LittleSpy! Yea, I'm not expecting a plump baby at all. I worked in a hospital nursery about 14-15 years ago & saw some pretty weird stuff when it came to early births. I'm just excited to see the baby & find out whether I'm having Team Pink or Blue!!!

Maybesoon it could be the baby, I get a weird feeling in my stomach when I bend too far over now that sounds kind of similar o what you are having, but I think mine is just because I now have bump in the way!

Baby has been moving a LOT today! And the movements are so much stronger already!

A woman came up to me at school, a teacher I don't know well at all, she very much keeps herself to herself, and I just say hi to her, as does everyone. Anyway she said to me "I believe you are expecting some exciting news?" I dunno how she found out but that was really the first person to say to me who I haven't told, or who wouldn't have known (if that makes sense) so I was excited!!

Hello everyone! Congrats on team pink stmw!! :)

my little bean is kicking away so much Im loving it! Listening in on my doppler the other day I heard a woosh sound on every sixth beat so started to freak out. I went back to my doppler 10 mins later and everything was normal so Im guessing baby had hiccups :) cute!

I cannot stop eating and drinking. I feel massive today my largest trousers no longer fit so Im off to get more mamma jeans on the weekend :)

Hope everyone is well. I wont be on much this week as it is half term and Im hanging out with the kiddos :) take care xx

I don't know if it is just me or what but when baby has it's days of barely moving i am a nervous wreck. So my sil told me she played music to her bump and the baby would start moving. I actually did this today and sure enough it kicked harder than it had before so now i am just chilling out listening to music feeling the baby bounce around in there.

UK girl I can't stand to eat still. There are days that i have a huge appetite and then it's gone again. As of right now my 6 yr DS eats more than me. How cute that baby had the hiccups. Sometimes mine does this really screachy sound from it moving and i have to chase it down again.

Maybesoon i think it is baby moving. How exciting!!!!!

Ok, so I think I have actually been feeling baby for a little while now. I have been waiting for the "butterfly flutters" but still don't have them. But, I have been feeling little movements, kind of like muscle spasms, every now and then for the past week or so and are starting to become more consistent. I passed them off as normal tummy movements, but it finally clicked today after feeling it more after I ate breakfast that maybe it was baby all along! They are in different places at different times, but all in lower abdomen area. Am I crazy or could it be baby?

Oooh mammabrown I am going to try the music thing!!

My six year old used to be soooo fussy.. lately shes starting to experiment with new food and finish her plate. my 4 year old will only eat foods he can dunk in bbq sauce :/ lol xx

maybesoon I felt weird pressure and rolling before I felt any kicks and only niw a week after first feeling kicks are they getting more regular xxxx

Ok, so I think I have actually been feeling baby for a little while now. I have been waiting for the "butterfly flutters" but still don't have them. But, I have been feeling little movements, kind of like muscle spasms, every now and then for the past week or so and are starting to become more consistent. I passed them off as normal tummy movements, but it finally clicked today after feeling it more after I ate breakfast that maybe it was baby all along! They are in different places at different times, but all in lower abdomen area. Am I crazy or could it be baby?

Sounds like baby to me for sure! The butterfly flutters/fish swimming I feel are very brief (like a second) but I think that's baby rolling around. The little twitches are mostly what I feel (little kicks and jabs, I guess). :thumbup:

I can't wait to start feeling baby moving around! Sometimes I try and sit really still and concentrate to see if I can feel anything... but I'm pretty sure I haven't yet. :blush:

DH and I got a congratulations card in the mail from his gram yesterday with a cheque in it specifically for maternity clothes... so I went shopping today! :haha: Don't need to tell me twice. hehe I bought some long sleeved shirts, and a cardigan. And they're all very bump flattering! I still need to find a nice pair of blue jeans though... I'll try checking back at the second hand places for that though.

I picked up some headphones today (like the old-school ones with the band that goes around your head) so that I can put them on my belly to play music for LO. I've heard from so many people that it's a good idea and I'm excited by the idea that Fraggle can listen to music!

I thought babies couldn't normally hear until close to 18 weeks gestation? I guess they could still respond to the vibrations of the music. I remember when I was farther along with Maisie, I would crank up the bass in my car and she would boogie. That kid is a premium dancer at this point! She seriously comes up with some crazy dance moves these days. It's really, really, really funny. She especially seems to love 80s metalish stuff :shrug: (think Iron Maiden :haha:). That gets her moving the craziest.

I thought babies couldn't normally hear until close to 18 weeks gestation? I guess they could still respond to the vibrations of the music. I remember when I was farther along with Maisie, I would crank up the bass in my car and she would boogie. That kid is a premium dancer at this point! She seriously comes up with some crazy dance moves these days. It's really, really, really funny. She especially seems to love 80s metalish stuff :shrug: (think Iron Maiden :haha:). That gets her moving the craziest.

I'm not sure if LO will actually be able to hear the music yet or not, but certainly be able to feel the vibrations. Like Mr Hollands Opus. :thumbup:

Eeeekkkk! It's funny because I've been waiting all along to feel the "butterfly flutters" that everyone talks about. I never thought about it feeling like what I feel... I have felt it the last couple of nights & for some reason it just finally clicked that it could possibly be my little bean rolling with me. Then I had this crazy vision of LO getting whiplash from me rolling too fast!!! :haha::blush:

I had the nightmare a few nights ago about having LO at work.... Well last night I had a dream about Cheetos!!! ummmm :dohh: So at 3am I woke up wishing I had some puffy cheetos..... Oh the dreams I'm having.....

So cute about Maisie, Littlespy! I can't wait to play music for baby and have it respond!

I read in my pregnancy bible yestday that at week 17 they can hear sounds outside the womb, but I've heard much later than that as well. We tried playing some music last night to the bump, but no response. Maybe not a classical fan?! Dh downloaded an album which you are supposed to play to bump, and then when baby is here to try and settle them as it will familiar. So we'll see how we get on!

Momma brown I freaked out yesterday as couldn't feel much movement, so you are not alone! It's a gift and a curse! Feeling it it great, not feeling it is terrifying!

Bjs my movements feel like muscle spasms, so I will feel very silly if it turns out they are just spasms :haha: but the sheer number of them, and fact they are in one place tells me it is baby! So I think that is definitely your LO!

Well I tried the music thing... adele and niki minaj got no response but jason derulo and cascada had my little baby kicking lol hopefully bean likes p!nk just as much. She is amazing :) x

doggylover -- good luck with that. :haha: I played this glowy musical seahorse thing (which I recommend you all go out and buy, by the way) for dd every night from 27 weeks on. Didn't help a bit when she got here. :haha: She does love it now (she seriously makes out with it :wacko:) and hums along to all of the songs so at least there's that. :haha:

:rofl: yeah littlespy I'm not convinced, but dh is very excited about the idea so no bubble bursting from me just yet!!!

Readyto mum – happy anniversary! Love the picture for the announcement – so imaginative!
Scarlet – Welcome! How have you been feeling?
Steph – sorry you felt sicky =( its horrible isn’t it! I was actually so sick last night I ripped all my throat apart and was sneezing blood! An experience to say the least! If your OH feels you weren’t financially stable enough I don’t know why hes blaming you for getting pregnant! If you told him you were fertile and you had unprotected sex then surely theres a possibility you could get pregnant!
Maybesoon – I wish I could give you a big hug, it must be so hard for you on a daily basis. As for God, he must have thought the time was right to give you your baby, I think all things happen for a reason. If you and the OH are meant to be it will work itself out – I understand how hard it must be to love someone who’s not making you want to love them. You do deserve that wonderful scan!! We saw our LO in 3d and its absolutely amazing! It could very well be LO your feeling when your led down. I definitely feel mine in the morning when my bladder is full, its like its pushing her more to the front – rather uncomfortable!
Teamo – ive been having bad hips and sides of groin too – If i get up too fast or try to move to the side I really feel it, its ridiculous having problems sitting up out of bed but I remember when I was quite big with Roxy the DH had to help me out of bed – ooo the joys eh?! Haha!
Littlespy – I know what you mean! The DH wants a shed to hide in when the teenage times hit – I can only imagine - *sigh* Ive researched they can hear from 15 weeks, mostly your voice and some background noise.
Mommabrown – I used to put the headphones on my belly when I was about 20ish weeks with my daughter, she absolutely loved it (I presume) as she would proper wriggle around and strangely enough still dances to the songs she was played in my belly!! Always got her moving when she decided to have a quiet day!
BJS2005 – your not crazy – could definitely be the baby – theyre getting big now!
AFM – didn’t get to see my midwife today which was completely annoying as I haven’t seen her since August! Have also been told that I don’t have to see them now until 25 weeks, so yeahhh, feel like im not really being cared for but ahh well! My DD smashed her face in today on the hard bit of the sofa, so has a fat lip, fat purple nose and a big carpet burn on her chin =( poor little bug!! Have included some pics below from my scan and the 3D one which I think is awesome! Hope your all good xxxxx

Attachments

• DSCF3939_opt.jpg
    DSCF3939_opt.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF3941_opt.jpg
    DSCF3941_opt.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 14
AFM – didn’t get to see my midwife today which was completely annoying as I haven’t seen her since August! Have also been told that I don’t have to see them now until 25 weeks, so yeahhh, feel like im not really being cared for but ahh well! My DD smashed her face in today on the hard bit of the sofa, so has a fat lip, fat purple nose and a big carpet burn on her chin =( poor little bug!! Have included some pics below from my scan and the 3D one which I think is awesome! Hope your all good xxxxx

Wow! I'm not sure I've ever seen the 3D one before... it looks, I don't even really know how to describe it... it almost looks creepy, but yet so amazing!! I can't wait till DH and I get to see our LO on Dec. 3rd.

stmw awesome scan pics! Love them both!

I'm not brave enough for a 3D yet, I want to see the baby fat and chubby, now I'm afraid it is skinny so I will be satisfied with regular scan pics!

I finally have a bump! It is a tiny one but it is there and it cannot be sucked in!!! Wooohooo! I love my little bump! I had the most amazing dream about my baby. I was holding the baby and the smell was fantastic, like butterscotch!!!

Now DH is anxious to feel the little one, he keeps asking me if it jumps around and what is going on in there. I keep telling him lies (now the baby is doing pilates, or the baby is reading) LOL I can only feel it at dawn, I think it is stretching time or something... If we are tired there isn't much feeling though, mostly sleep?

Stmw great pics!

I had a dream last night about baby as well lily. Mine wasn't as nice as yours - it was all about breastfeeding and the baby wouldn't eat anything at all :(

I have three days off this week :) so relaxing and catching up on some sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->