April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

thank you Steph lol, I might ask DD for more suggestions, OH hates double barreled names, I think they are super cute on girls, I like boys names on girls too or names which can be shorted into boyish nicknames

I wish we could have a nursery but we have only got a small 2 bed flat and can't afford anything bigger for a while. baby will be in our room, I will have a night light installed above the cot and an over cot changing table and under cot drawers for extra storage. We aren't allowed to decorate in here either so gotta stay horrid beige :(

Sorry I just realised I said littlespy I meant readymom!!!! Your nursery idea sounds lovely and colourful!!!
Xx

Thanks Kealz! DH and I are big into reading, and we don't want something gender specific, so Dr. Seuss seemed like an ideal choice! Lots of bright primary colours and strange characters for LO to look at.

We even have a special little Dr. Seuss book for reading to baby in utero called "Oh Baby, the Places You'll Go!" :flower:

We aren't allowed to decorate in here either so gotta stay horrid beige :(

We're not allowed to paint where we are either, so I've ordered some wall clings instead. They're like a plastic cut out you can stick on a painted wall and then remove without damaging the paint. They're a lifesaver when you rent!

Yep I'm doing the decal thing too. Can't be bothered repainting back to white when we move out! I found a giraffe print design on etsy so one wall of the room is going to be giant giraffe print. Everything else will stay white, but I think giant giraffe print will have enough impact that we can just do one wall :haha:

We aren't allowed to decorate in here either so gotta stay horrid beige :(

We're not allowed to paint where we are either, so I've ordered some wall clings instead. They're like a plastic cut out you can stick on a painted wall and then remove without damaging the paint. They're a lifesaver when you rent!

wow I will try to find some of those! Thank you for the tip, I love the nursery theme idea you have!

my kids loved bright colours as babies. We had the baby Einstein dvds and books they loved them.

kristabell we are loving giraffes right now for our LO too, and elephants.. xx

Sorry I just realised I said littlespy I meant readymom!!!! Your nursery idea sounds lovely and colourful!!!
Xx

Thanks Kealz! DH and I are big into reading, and we don't want something gender specific, so Dr. Seuss seemed like an ideal choice! Lots of bright primary colours and strange characters for LO to look at.

We even have a special little Dr. Seuss book for reading to baby in utero called "Oh Baby, the Places You'll Go!" :flower:

Awe that is so cute!!!!!! Love the book choice!!! I used to read to lo when I was pregnant, I'm a bit reader too although I don't get much time anymore with a toddler lol!! But safe to say lo loves books now! Her favourite is the gruffalo! I read it every day at least 3 times lol! When she first started crawling, we got her doing it by putting books in front of her just outta her reach, she wouldn't do it for her toys!
Very good idea about the walls clings!!! X

Kirstabelle, very sadly for me, I think I know the giraffe you are talking about on etsy (I spend a lot of time on their wall decal section! We have a tree in our living room!!) and it's lovely!

ooooooh I am looking on ebay at all the wall stickers there are so many lovely ones, my favorites are the ones with writing. I might get some for the other rooms in my flat too x

kristabell we are loving giraffes right now for our LO too, and elephants.. xx

Totally! I bought a little elephant ceramic jar thing before we were even TTC and knew that I was buying it for an eventual nursery... elephants were the beginning!

Doggylover, that is funny! I am like that when I look at websites like Apartment Therapy or Project Nursery and know where the furniture is from before I even look at the text! I work in retail at a furniture and home accessories store, so that's a contributing factor to my obsession with design :) Needless to say I have been quite obsessed with nursery planning for a while :haha:

Kirstabelle, I'm the same, I have had all my furniture picked, my wall decal picked...well everything tbh! Since before we even started ttc!

Ukgirl I got a big tree for our living room and now I am obsessed!

Ooh its been busy on here!
Re nursery decor we decorated in neutral for DS and since he has a big room and we are in a three story house we are splitting his room in half with a partition wall and seperate door and will leave half neutral for the baby and we will be decorating ds's side before the birth then in a year will decorate the babys side. Ds is getting a jungle theme from verdebaut.
Lovely bump pics ladies im getting a bit depressed about mine im so huge already!
I too am so excited to hear about all the gender scans. I think because we are staying yellow i need to hear about everyone elses or il go crazy!

Apologies for the slighly weird posts im on my phone and find it difficult to type!

Melissa I put you as team yellow on the front page! I'm glad to have a yellow buddy!! :yellow:

Lovely nursery ideas, ladies. I keep changing my mind on what I want. I am starting to narrow it down, though.

Well, the results are in.....it's a BOY!!! :) He only gave us one quick look between the legs right at the beginning, so we were lucky to get it right off the bat! The rest of the time he was moving all around! I've attached some pics (sorry if they are upside down!) I love the thumb sucking one...so cute! :cloud9: Then I get to see him again at my anatomy scan in less than 2 weeks now!

Now I just have to think of boy names...I had girl names picked out, but was undecided on boys...it's time to put on the thinking cap!

Attachments

• boy.jpg
    boy.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 10
  • thumbsucker.jpg
    thumbsucker.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 10
  • pilates2.jpg
    pilates2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 10
Congratulations bjs!!! Omg that thumb sucking pic is amazing. Xxx

doggylover.. I liked a few tree ones.. xx

melissasbump.. mine is a big bump too. I am finding it hard to get up already. when I lay down it sticks up lol.. I love the jungle theme idea. Xx

Congratulations bjs I now have a fellow team blue friend :) !! Lovely pics!!

My bump is really big too guys I'll try and post a piccy later!

Blimey Ukgirl you where up early today! I'm off to a table top sale for babies this morning fx I find some good deals!!! In everyone's opinion is there anything that should def NOT be bought second hand. I know I need new mattress x

Nimbec I would say car seat should be new, as otherwise you don't know how old it is (and I learnt recently apparently car seats have a 'best before' date?!) or if its been in any bumps. Other than that go for it! Have fun, and I can't wait to hear what you get!

Bjs congratulations on :blue: your little man is so cute sucking his thumb! I still can't believe you won that scan! Amazing!

Nimbec I was midnight snacking again lol so popped on... carboots good idea!! Xx

We found that they are always upgrading car seats so buy new when ever we go up a group xx

BJS, so exciting! Congrats on team blue :hugs:

Nimbec, i'm with you on the growing bumb! I feel like it has really expanded in the last 2 weeks. Do attach a pic!!!!

Hope you guys are having a great weekend! Weather is is finally beautiful (no rain or bad heat).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->