April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Bjs: Congrats on team blue!! The scan pics are lovely. :hugs:

nimbec: Good luck at the sale, and have fun!! Fill us in on all the goodies you get for your little man!

Last night I finally broke down and bought a new winter coat. It's been freezing here the last week, and we've had our first snow flurries in the air. None of my old winter coats fit anymore and the thin little spring jacket I was wearing just wasn't cutting it anymore. It's so nice and warm but I was supposed to be getting my SIL's old maternity jacket to wear for the winter... but she hasn't sent it yet and I couldn't wait any longer. I might still need it though since I'm not sure if this one will have enough space to last me all the way through or not.

DH and I bought some yellow paint yesterday and some paint brushes! So as long as the weather co-operates tomorrow afternoon we'll be painting that little dresser!

I felt really yucky off and on all day yesterday, so I ended up in bed by 9:45. On a Friday night. Party animal me! :haha: Thankfully I feel much better this morning.

Ukgirl, saw your bump pic on fb, looks big but a lovely shape!

Nimbec, oooh forgot to say congrats on team blue! Boys are fab and love their mummies! Hope you get some bargains at the sale!

Readytomum, glad you are feeling better today and yay for painting the dresser!

AFM A quiet day for us, been for a nice walk then later we are going to sainburys so i can look at the 25% off clothing, i love there childrens clothes, are such lovely quality.

thank you melissasbump!! :D xx

We had a rather exciting trip to babies r us his morning, I with held from buying too much but I did get a cute little cot toy and a hair brush. I didn't really like babies r us, mother care was much nicer in my own opinion so I'll be going there when I have had my gender scan :D The other good thing is I live across the road and up a bit from a discount baby store!!! :D :D :D My daughter has already bagsied it to come with me one day. lol

melissasbump... I just realised we are exactly 1 week apart :p I was looking at your ticker thinking we were due the same day but then I worked it out .. baby brain!! x

Thanks, everyone! We are excited! Glad to join you on team blue, nimbec!

Hey Ladies how are you all. Well i am going through a hard time with my ex husband. He has said my husband now of 7 years has blacked my sons eye tied him up and threathened to kill him if he told. Which none of it is true. He got into a fight with his brother and then they got a spanking for fist fighting then some how it all turned into this. So now i have lost custody until the hearing and i am a total wreck! The police never questioned my son and are not really helping. My Dh has been a father to the for 8 yeara and thinks of them as his own. Now he is hurting because our family is being ripped to shreds because my ex is a jealous freak who cannot control me anymore. Sorry for laying this long sob story out for you ladies.

Momma brown :hugs: I am so sorry your family are being out through this. Seems to be the way with social services - they will rip kids out of a loving home on a rumour and ignore kids who are really in need. When will the court date be to get them back?

Momma brown :hugs: I am so sorry your family are being out through this. Seems to be the way with social services - they will rip kids out of a loving home on a rumour and ignore kids who are really in need. When will the court date be to get them back?

Nov. 26 is our court date. I am seeing our lawyer on Monday to see if i can get some visitation time with them because 23 days with out my kids is going to kill me. I am still stumped.

Ohh Mammabrown that is awful!! I can not imagine how hard it must be to not have your babies at home with you :( How can they just come and take the children with no evidence and no history of any previous incidences!! It makes me so mad when kids are actually being abused and left to stay in the homes with their abusers while innocent people are forced to court like this! I hope it can be sorted quickly for you and your LOs xxx

Oh Mommabrown.... I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. I hope that everything works itself out really quickly!!!

ReadytoMum, Good luck with the weather tomorrow! Hope you get a chance to paint.

UKGirls, your bump looks looks awesome!

AFM, Had a nice day shopping. Found a bikini, but what a task that was!!! I had no clue it would be that difficult to find a top that would fit :dohh:
Now I have to have the back strap shortened (since I need XL but my back is still M lol). When I got home, I had received my OldNavy order! OMG, their clothes are amazing! Everything fit and feels so comfortable.

Hi Girls! Ive been a bit AWOL although I have been popping on and reading your posts on my phone :)

Wow scan pics are looking awesome! Congrats to anyone who has since found out whether they are having a pink or blue bundle!! I find out mine on the 19th :)

Ive got a big bump going on now! I will post a piccie in a minute xxx

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! I was at a family wedding yesterday and of course lots of congratulations etc :) however there were at least four other pregnant ladies thee who all seemed to be so much "more pregnant" than me! I get so jealous :haha:I want to be as pregnant as those ladies!!

Also got an email from my boss yesterday asking for a meeting tomorrow to discuss maternity leave. He has known since I was 7 weeks, so maybe he thinks we are running out of time, and he does like to be uber prepared, but I just feel like its still so early! I was going to wait until after my 20 week scan, and I need to get my forms from my midwife at 22 weeks. But anyway, not much to discuss - I know exactly when I want to go off for maximum pay before baby comes :haha:

Bumpy @ 17 weeks :cloud9:

Attachments

• 20121102_200914.jpg
    20121102_200914.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 12
Momma brown I'm do sorry you are having a terribly hard time - life can be so cruel at times fx all fixed soon!!

Steph omg I had ordered about 8 diff bikinis none fitted at all as I'm about a size 8 with E cup boobs and now a bump too!! I ended up with a brill one from mama bebe designed for big boobs small bum big bump lol!

Thanks Ukgirl love ur bump too!

Teamo fab bump!!

Doggylover I don't blame you on the mat leave but try not to overdo it at the end as apparently we get very tired in 3rd tri... I'm sure the other ladies who are not on first maybe able to help on that front - I may just be being over precautious! Do u get 9 months?

Thanks melissabump!

Well I had a lovely day yesterday baby shopping with MiL I got a big bag full of clothes from the tabletop sale for £22 when I added up what should have cost new I have literally saved 100's pounds :) then we went to babies r us which was very disappointing :( so finished off in mamas & papas and I decided to go for scrapbook blue in the nursery! Great as people can buy cheap bits or more expensive for me and I know I'll like it all!! Ooooh and may have found a cot in sale too .... My mum just volunteered to buy for us do I'm a very happy bunny!!!!

I'm soooo excited now like a kid in a candy shop!!! Eeeek ladies this is really happening and we are nearly half way through!! OMG!!! Can we please all stay in touch after birth?!

Hope everyone is well and had a nice weekend, we are having Chinese takeaway for dinner hmmmm don't really fancy it but oh was determind - let's see whether my bubs is a Chinese fan! The food I mean oopps lol!!

nimbec, How awesome that you were able to get baby clothes cheap!! I have to say, Babys R Us is a little disappointing here too.... well at least it was last time.

Have you guys put any thought into crib mattreses? I see that they sell anywhere from $50 to $200. Boy, I dont even know what is expected or needed :wacko:

I have invited myself over to my parents house for dinner lol. My mom is an amazing cook and she makes sure I eat healthy while OH is out of town lol.

I actually don't mind that it is Sunday already, since we have our gender scan on Thursday and this means we are getting closer :haha:

Nimbec that sounds like a great shopping trip!!! I'm sure the baby clothes are like new as well, since they grow out of them so quickly. And getting a bargain is always good!!

In relation to my maternity, I can take up to a whole year, but the last 13 weeks are unpaid. I am only on a temporary contract, covering a teacher who has been on a career break for three years, so this is her last year. I wont know until after the baby is born (may probably) if she is coming back (ie I am out of a job) or if she is giving up for good. So it's quite an awkward time for me to take maternity! If she does come back, school will pay me until my contract ends at the end of August and I believe, and have been told, that the education board will then take over the rest of my payments. So yeah, an awkward situation!!

But yes, experienced ladies can you give any recommendations/advice on when to start maternity? I will have two weeks off definitely before my due date for school holidays...

Steph, I am baffled by mattresses. I didn't know there were so many choices of what it's made from and I don't know what to choose!!

we have been looking at mattresses too because our cot was given to us without one. I'm going for foam not springs and a middle costing one :) x

Momma brown I'm do sorry you are having a terribly hard time - life can be so cruel at times fx all fixed soon!!

Steph omg I had ordered about 8 diff bikinis none fitted at all as I'm about a size 8 with E cup boobs and now a bump too!! I ended up with a brill one from mama bebe designed for big boobs small bum big bump lol!

Thanks Ukgirl love ur bump too!

Teamo fab bump!!

Doggylover I don't blame you on the mat leave but try not to overdo it at the end as apparently we get very tired in 3rd tri... I'm sure the other ladies who are not on first maybe able to help on that front - I may just be being over precautious! Do u get 9 months?

Thanks melissabump!

Well I had a lovely day yesterday baby shopping with MiL I got a big bag full of clothes from the tabletop sale for £22 when I added up what should have cost new I have literally saved 100's pounds :) then we went to babies r us which was very disappointing :( so finished off in mamas & papas and I decided to go for scrapbook blue in the nursery! Great as people can buy cheap bits or more expensive for me and I know I'll like it all!! Ooooh and may have found a cot in sale too .... My mum just volunteered to buy for us do I'm a very happy bunny!!!!

I'm soooo excited now like a kid in a candy shop!!! Eeeek ladies this is really happening and we are nearly half way through!! OMG!!! Can we please all stay in touch after birth?!

Hope everyone is well and had a nice weekend, we are having Chinese takeaway for dinner hmmmm don't really fancy it but oh was determind - let's see whether my bubs is a Chinese fan! The food I mean oopps lol!!

thanks hun! where is your bump pic? cant find it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->