April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Whew! I had a lot to catch up on!

Steph82 -- We're totally lost on names. We thought we had agreed on one but it's not sitting quite right with either of us now so it's back to the drawing board. Did your Old Navy mat clothes seem huge to you? The clothes I got from them a couple of years ago in my regular size were all HUGE and I had to exchange them for a size smaller. :shrug: Wondered if they had made an adjustment on that. I bought a really middle of the road mattress for dd. I think it was around $60-70 at Walmart. Our crib came with one but I didn't care for it. It didn't have enough springs, IMO, and just felt cheap and too springy (which is ironic since I didn't think it had enough springs :haha:) so I returned it and got the other. It's been fine. Still in very good shape after being used over a year. I'm with you working up until labor starts. :dohh: I pansied out at 39 weeks last time (it got REALLY uncomfortable for me) but I'm sticking to it this time because I'm going to have a week of leave with no pay as it is, even if I work all the way up until the day I deliver. Bah!

Kealz -- lol at Peppa! I kind of like it. Pippa, too. :haha:

kirstabelle -- When I was pregnant with Maisie, the first dream I had was of a little girl named Anneliese. I promise I won't tell you how my husband completely ruined that name for me when I woke up and told him. :haha: Have you looked into just sidecarring the crib to your bed instead of buying/borrowing a cosleeper? I believe that's what we're going to do this time. I REALLY like the idea of it. Cosleeping without cosleeping. I was terrified to bedshare with dd until she was 5-6 months. https://www.freewebs.com/sidecarcrib/ Of course everyone is different, just didn't know if you had heard of this as I definitely hadn't considered it before it was too late with dd. Awesome on the Moby! I'm dying for an Ergo!

doggylover -- Don't worry, I'll be massively overdue with you, I'm completely sure! :winkwink: Congrats on your 45%!

ReadytoMum -- Dr Seuss is a great choice! Have you gotten the book Oh, Baby, the Places You'll Go? It's to be read to baby in-utero. It'll make you cry. :haha: Haha, oh, I see you indeed have that book. Funny!

ukgirl -- Maisie's nursery is elephants. I'm itching to change it for this baby but it doesn't make sense financially so elephants it will be again! lol at eating the whole jar of beets! Yuck! :haha: No heaving when I cough here, just any time I brush my teeth in the morning (only in the morning :shrug:).

bjs -- Congrats on :blue:!! Love the thumb sucking!

mommabrown -- Sorry you're having a difficult time with your ex and children! That's so awful. :nope: Really hope everything gets sorted out soon. :hugs: Cute bump!

TeAmo -- Love the bump!

nimbec -- great job at the sale this weekend! I feel you on the no paid maternity leave as that's the US policy on the matter no matter how much you have worked or how much you'ved paid taxes! :dohh: And yes, I realize those of you overseas pay far more in taxes than we do, but most of you in Canada really don't so it just kind of boggles the mind. :wacko:

maybesoon -- Wow. Just wow about the blind date. :wacko: WTF was he thinking?!

lily28 -- I feel dizzy if I stand up too quickly and cause my blood pressure to drop but that's it, really. Not sure about the blood tests. I just had one at my initial appointment around 8 weeks and not again until my glucose test (and I'm assuming blood glucose is all they're testing with that one). I have to give a urine sample at every single OB appointment, though.

dan-o -- It's almost time! I'm excited to hear your news!

Readytomum your bump looks amazing!! I'm very jealous of it!! And you can see a big difference from 13 weeks to now.

Nimbec that is awful about no maternity pay :( do you think you'll be able to get back to teaching early on though? You could put baby in a sling with you in the middle of the arena :haha: do you teach from home or do you go to your clients?

Lily I had cramps yesterday too :hugs: i hate the pain, but i hate the worry of what it is more. Hope you are feeling better.

Sweetpea: hi! Haven't seen you in a while, so nice to have you back! Sorry to hear about the shots in your hip (yuk!) Can I ask what P17 shots are for? Fingers crossed for gender soon!!!

Mommabrown :hugs: times a million. I don't know what to say in this situation, but just know that I am rooting for you and oh to get your LOs back as soon as possible, and away from your ex. I'm sure your heart is breaking without them. But gorgeous bump!!!

Dan-o get back here and tell us what your gender is!!! I can't wait to find out!

Littlespy, I really like the name Pippa too! Although dh vetoed it in case people think we are calling baby that after Pippa Middleton....

Afm...nothing new at all today!

LittleSpy, the OldNavy clothes actually fot really well! Seems crazy! I ordered the jeans in my "fat size" and the black pants (for work) in my regular size. Both fit :dohh:
I was sure that I would have to return one of the other, but figured I would try and see which works better... Guess they both work lol

wow I am sorry if I miss people out I'm going to struggle to catch up this thread has been busy today with lots going on!!

Dan-o - How did your scan go?

Littlespy- I heave if I brush too far back lol.. But yea coughing, and hiccuping makes me almost puke :( The beetroot was gorgeous but made me reallllly windy!! lol

Readytomum - Gorgeous bump!!! It's bigger than mine which I didn't think could be possible!! :D xx

Mammabrown - I'm sorry you are having to go through this! It sounds like what your solicitor said. You're allowed to talk to your child without him telling them what to say, that's really controlling and unfair. I hope the solicitor can get the children back to you ASAP!

I'm sorry If I missed anyone out. I'll go back and read the last page and double check xx

AFM- I have court to apply to the higher courts for them to grant access to the paperwork from child protective services in norway so they can review our case properly as there is 3 years of abused and neglect bookmarked in those papers which were closed 4 years ago, hopefully they will show what a great mum I am and how pathetically terrible my ex husband was and he will be have his contact under supervision for a good few years and not granted access to take them to norway for any holidays without me or my permission. It's amazing how much strength you muster up when you are fighting for your babies.

I did not slip this morning yay!! x

ok so there is more... lol

nimbec - I hope those doggies behave themselves for you for the rest of the day. Its good living close to school. We live across the road and up a bit from ours so not too far too :)

sweetpea I hope the scan went well xx

steph - how many degrees is that in celsius?? LOL we lived in Norway for 3 years where the winters would go down to minus 15 and you could feel the cold through your shoes if you didn't buy a good brand lol.. ski clothes and ski jackets saved my life. I'm ok with the cold here because it is a wet kind of cold.. it's the dry cold that freezes me. We used to have snow upto our hips in january it was crazy.. actually if you go on my facebook and look at my photo folder titled norway there are some photos there :) It was -3 this morning... very cold for Bournemouth :( lol I agree with you about the heat though ... I couldn't cope being highly pregnant in the summer :p xx

maybesoon - I feel like that when I stand up sometimes too I have to get up slowly these days like a granny haha!

there I think I covered everyone!!! :D

ukgirl... Best of luck with the court thing.. Keep us updated as you can. lol I have caught myself holding the bottom part of my belly when I get up these days (even though I'm not really showing too much).... It cracked me up the other day & I started laughing at myself for doing it.

Hope you have a great day!

You guys all have such nice bumps! My bump is tiny!! I am going to go and take a picture of it because after seeing everyone else's bumps I am wondering how I have a cantaloupe stuffed with a sweet potato in there!!

Little Spy I think the sidecar crib is a great idea, but our bedroom is so, so tiny there is no way we can fit a full size crib in there. There is only just enough space for the mini cosleeper and to still be able to open our dresser drawers on the other side of the bed! Really, really small! My OH and I are already going to have to switch sides of the bed because it is such a tight squeeze! That will actually be really weird!

Going to take that picture now!

ok so there is more... lol

nimbec - I hope those doggies behave themselves for you for the rest of the day. Its good living close to school. We live across the road and up a bit from ours so not too far too :)

sweetpea I hope the scan went well xx

steph - how many degrees is that in celsius?? LOL we lived in Norway for 3 years where the winters would go down to minus 15 and you could feel the cold through your shoes if you didn't buy a good brand lol.. ski clothes and ski jackets saved my life. I'm ok with the cold here because it is a wet kind of cold.. it's the dry cold that freezes me. We used to have snow upto our hips in january it was crazy.. actually if you go on my facebook and look at my photo folder titled norway there are some photos there :) It was -3 this morning... very cold for Bournemouth :( lol I agree with you about the heat though ... I couldn't cope being highly pregnant in the summer :p xx

maybesoon - I feel like that when I stand up sometimes too I have to get up slowly these days like a granny haha!

there I think I covered everyone!!! :D

LOL its about 16 (60 fahrenheit) degrees celsius to 26 celsius (78 fahrenheit)

Hopefully I am attaching the picture...

ETA: And that is a regular old Gap t-shirt in size X-Small... so I can still wear pretty much any of my old clothes... I just look fat in them! Ironically my hubby thinks I look "really" pregnant, but that gives you an idea of how much bigger I actually am compared to my normal size... but still a tiny bump. And I will be 19 weeks on Thursday!!! How is it fitting in here?!

Attachments

• IMG00033-20121106-1226.jpg
    IMG00033-20121106-1226.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 4
Kristabelle!_ Cute bumpppp!!

steph.. I'm jealous :(

kristabelle... Don't feel bad I'm still wearing my regular clothes. In fact on Saturday I was still wearing my size little girl 14 jeans & a small t-shirt. My bff freaked that I was still able to wear little girl size clothes....

Kirstabelle - cute bump!

I feel the same way! My bump is not very big, but is definitely more noticable than before. I also keep wondering where it is hiding. ??? I am not an x-small, I am a medium so I might have a little more room to hide it than you, but still? I still fit into my regular jeans, although my work pants are getting tighter (not stretchy like jeans). All of my shirts fit me just fine still. I will have to take a pic tomorrow to post.

Littlespy, I really like the name Pippa too! Although dh vetoed it in case people think we are calling baby that after Pippa Middleton....

Haha, my hubby vetoed it immediately for the same reason. I had no idea (because I'm really great at keeping up with any current events/news :blush:)!

Okay I've gotten myself into a bit of a pickle.

I'm currently in a high-stress job. Some things happened a few weeks ago here with my old agency vs. my new agency. I'm not sure I shared it here, but my old boss caused some animosity with my new boss and put me in a very uncomfortable place. Boiled down, what happened was I used to work for my current boss at a different agency. She got a promotion to come here and a few months later had an opening and wanted me. I had just been denied a promotion (her old job) where I worked so I was thoroughly frustrated at the old agency so I came here (for a nice raise). Then the person my old agency hired over promoting me only stayed for 5 months. So my old director comes marcing INTO OUR OFFICE here, told my supervisor she was "stealing me back" and came to me to ask me to apply for the job. Well, they scheduled the interview and then neglected to tell me about it (they scheduled it for a day I had an OB appt anyway so I couldn't have gone). So... when I didn't show up for the interview, THEY CALLED MY SUPERVISOR to tell her I had an interview with them and didn't show up and to ask where I was. :growlmad: :dohh::growlmad: I was FURIOUS. But I went to a rescheduled interview the next day because it was a promotion opportunity. Well, after all that, they made someone else an offer. I don't know if they were using me to jab at my current supervisor or if they just wanted me in the applicant pool so they could fall back on me if needed or what but I'm hurt and I'm pissed off. This job is usually high-stress but now it's a bit hostile as well because my supervisor is quite mad that I applied for the other job (anyone would have - a huge promotion!).

So now I've applied for another job somewhere else and just got called for an interview. I'm really interested in the job but I don't know how to handle being pregnant (and I'm worried I'm noticeably so). The people I interviewed with at my old agency a few weeks ago already knew I was pregnant so that was easy. This time, they have no idea. The problem I have is that I don't want to conceal it and then have them feel like I betrayed them. But I don't want to spill the beans and be discriminated against (because they could easily find a way to make a legal decision against me). But then I feel like if they were going to do that anyway, they're going to be upset that I concealed it and I'll be starting off on the wrong foot should I get a job offer. I KNOW the general advice is do not tell them about the pregnancy. It just makes me feel like a liar. I don't know why I do this to myself. :haha: But I'd be making more money (at least a 15% raise) and I'd be SO much closer to home! I could go home for lunch! I'd get home earlier in the evenings. Those things would amount to an extra 5 hours a week with my kids and that's priceless. :winkwink:

I guess I should just go to the interview and see how it goes before I get myself all bent out of shape about this. :haha: They may hate me. I may hate them.

Awh Kristabelle your so tiny and beautiful! MY SIL weighed 89lbs when she found out she was preggers. Was very small till about 8 months then bam it looked like a beach ball stuck in her shirt!

Little spy what a crock i would be looking else where for employment too while still working for them. I think Pippa is very cute!

Thanks ladies for the support. It is extremely hard on me and i hate being home alone during the day time...it seems i cannot stay occupied enough to keep my mind off my kids and this whole shitty unbelievable situation.

wow littlespy what a horrible person your old boss is, it sounds like he just wanted to show your new boss that he could still take you back if he wanted to. I would apply for the new job and make it clear from the get go that you are pregnant so if you do get it (fingers crossed) then there are no crossed wires from the start. Hopefully they will be nice and you can get those extra 5 hours a week which are worth gold! xx

my ex was on cam to the children an hour ago, he had a t shirt on that said Lonely? back stage passes guaranteed.. it made me a little sick in my mouth *sick*

lol!

LittleSpy, I def think you should go! Can't hurt to listen to what they have to say! I would also not conceal that you are pregnant, but maybe not talk about it until maybe after they make you an offer?! That way they can't legally take the job offer back, but you are also being upfront before you accept the job?

I can;t believe your old boss but I remember you telling us the situation when she first approached you and I remember you saying, that you wonder if she just wanted you as back-up applicant (in case they didn't find anyone better). Ugh, very frustrating!

Little spy I remember you telling us about the job situation previously, but that is so shady of your old company. I would go for the new interview and not say outright, but not conceal it either. You still have your current job to stay with. I would love a job closer to home too - I work an hour away :(

Kirstabelle, your bump looks great! It will get bigger in its own time, you LO is obviously hiding in any spare little nooks and crannies you have!

Can't wait to hear dan-o's gender news!

aww krista you're so petite. I would look like a whale next to you! hahaha. Defo a bump there though!

I just caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I was stunned. I know my bump is really quite out there but i look huge tonight. I said to OH what the hell am I going to look like come 2013... he said "a biiiiiig bitch!" cracked me up! xx

Thanks ladies! I sent the pic to one of my BF's and she has decided its a boy bump, hahaha! So now that's me, my oh, my mum, my dad, one of my bf's and one of my brothers who all think its a boy. There are a few people at work who think its a girl, and my in-laws think it is "ridiculous" that we think the baby looks like a boy in the 12 week scan pictures. They just want it to be a girl because they had all boys. One more day to wait :happydance:

Little Spy, you should def go to the interview and see what the lay of land is. I would dress to not conceal the bump but not actually bring it up in the first interview.

I am officially over maternity and nursing bras. I have now tried ones from target, gap (the bravado ones) and a bunch from Motherhood. None of them fit properly and I really think they are poorly made, uncomfortable and I cannot imagine wearing them once my bbs are huge and extra sensitive. I am just going to go buy some front close ones from Victoria's Secret. I wish they would make a real nursing bra, but imo they just make the best, comfiest bras and they fit my shape well. I have a small back and shoulders but need a bigger cup size, so it is always hard to get well fitting bras and being pg is just exacerbating it because my bbs are swelling but my back and shoulders are still staying the same size. Going to go sort it out on my day off on Friday, cannot wait to get a comfy bra again! Also going to go try on some sweaters at Motherhood, maybe if I get the right cut I can look pregnant instead of just chubby even with my wee bump :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->