April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

kristabelle I feel your pain in the bra department. I'm a really small build & my boobs are growing but nothing else. I tried on bras for 3 hours the other day & I couldn't stand not a single one..... I'm not sure what I'm going to do because the ones I have are getting too small but I can't find anything that feels right. I never thought I would have bra frustrations in my life!!!

I don't know if you guys have h and m, but I got two great maternity and nursing bras from there. They are super super comfy. I've now grown out of them so need more new ones, but really comfy. Only downside is they aren't padded, which I am paranoid about!

I actually have no way of buying a maternity bra until i get to my In laws for Thanksgiving sooo i actually bought the Genie Bra and i love it. It supports my ladies and they don't hang out...DH hates them because they smash my big ol D's up against my chest but man they don't ache or hurt.

I'm sitting here in suspense to see what these gals are having today!

Doggylover I didn't even know H&M sold nursing bras! I wonder if it is only certain stores? I am going to look there too, there is one at the mall. I have gotten their bras before too and liked them. Their small back sizes are actually small, which is not always the case (as I am finding after trying on a bajillion mat and nursing bras!!). Oh Maybesoon, welcome to my world and get ready because unfortunately it is no fun! Bra manufacturers always seem to think that you can't possibly be bigger than a C cup and have a 30-32 back, which is not true!! Especially in the first few months of pregnancy! Drives me nuts. I am hoping that when I go to VS I will measure 34 now so that I can pick out of more bras. But I can't tell since for the last few months I have been hooking my old bras (32D) on the last hooks to compensate for the size in the front (and to be able to breathe adequate amounts of oxygen :haha:) so have no idea what my back measurement is now. Might get the 34's anyway because nothing's getting smaller anytime soon!

kirstabelle I'm doing the same thing as you with hooking them on the last hook to compensate for the size of my boobs. I am also having a hard time finding a cup size big enough in my size. ugh

Kristabelle, I would check on H&M online first to make sure they have maternity clothes. Both of the ones close to me (each 45min away :dohh:) did not have it and I wasted a drive! I believe it will say on the store locator on their website.

Dan-o can't wait for your news!

Kristabelle, same here, my bedroom is super tiny and no room for a big co sleeper. I will opt for a cradle to have beside me for as long as we can at first, then the baby will either sleep with us in the same bed or in his/her own room.
You bump is tiny but super cute! I popped last week, it is still small but it is definitely a bump hehee!

My boobs went from cup A to C,and soon D in a very short time. Now I wear a mix of sports bra that can accommodate many different sizes, a H&M maternity bra and 2 that my mom gave me from M&S (minimizers, d cup but fit me fine!)... They are bigger than the bump, and I notice the male attention daily lol...

Little Spy I remember the whole story with your old boss and how they let you down to have a less experienced person in the position they offered you. Really awful... I say go to that interview, if they notice you are pregnant let them decide. I wouldn't bring it up because it is none of their business yet. I would mention it on the 2nd interview though, it is standard I think. Good luck with everything!

I think my doc is a little too eager with all the blood tests. I had my 1st set of tests on 8w that were quite expensive I might add, privately done as my insurance doesn't cover pregnancy. Now he wants me to do some of them again every 2 months, as I said the full blood count, hematocrit, toxoplasmosis, CMV, and full urine analysis. I'm ok with the hematocrite and urine tests, but the rest I think are just fillers... Anyways I have to do them next week... My blood sugar is normal/low so I 'm not scheduled for the diabetes tests.

Well, the people they've hired over me are actually way more experienced than I am. The part that bothers me, though, is that she KNOWS how much experience I have so why i she wasting my time asking me to apply and interviewing me if what she wants is experience!? I've applied for 3 jobs there at that level and every time she hires someone with more experience in the profession than I have being alive. :wacko: If that's what she wants, there is no way I can compete. But that's fine. She can shoot herself in the foot all she wants. Her last person stayed there 5 months and left because she couldn't tolerate her as a boss.

And, can you believe someone in her department had the audacity to call me at work this afternoon to ask me a question about a law?!?! I'm just blown away by them. I won't be returning the call. I like the lady who called but her boss can really suck my nuts forever. :haha: May be childish, but I'm done helping her. If she wanted my knowledge, she should have hired me. That's how that works.

Hey girls.

Appt was somewhat dissapointing today as cervix length has been 3.6 the past few weeks and in the last 6 days has shortened almost 1 cm. Have to go back Monday for a recheck and if it shortens again they will most likely do a cerclage. Also going next Thursday for my '20 week' level II ultrasound which makes me excited but nervous - 20 week scan during my last pregnancy ended up with a three week hospital stay and DS was diagnosed with clubfeet. Honestly just want to get it over with.

Baby was head down this time however had its legs still crossed and tucked underneath so couldn't they a good view for gender although what we did manage to see made me think girl. Maybe baby will cooperate Monday.

Doggy the p17 is to help prevent preterm labor by strengthening the muscular layer of the uterus and prevent keep the uterus quiet. Still going to keep up with them however didn't seem to help a whole lot this past week - a shorter cervix and a sore ass! Not expecting miracles from them as studies have not really been done regarding preterm labor due to bicornuate uterus, just preterm in general, but it can't hurt so anything that can possibly help keep this baby in the better is my way of thinking.

Also found out my placenta is about 1 cm away from cervix which isn't good either. Still has time to move up which I am PRAYING for as if it stays down it'll be automatic csection and I am so looking forward to labor and delivery (odd, but true!) so FX'd it moves in time!

Dan-o can't wait to hear you news! Hopefully you get better results than me :)

I am officially over maternity and nursing bras. I have now tried ones from target, gap (the bravado ones) and a bunch from Motherhood. None of them fit properly and I really think they are poorly made, uncomfortable and I cannot imagine wearing them once my bbs are huge and extra sensitive. I am just going to go buy some front close ones from Victoria's Secret. I wish they would make a real nursing bra, but imo they just make the best, comfiest bras and they fit my shape well. I have a small back and shoulders but need a bigger cup size, so it is always hard to get well fitting bras and being pg is just exacerbating it because my bbs are swelling but my back and shoulders are still staying the same size. Going to go sort it out on my day off on Friday, cannot wait to get a comfy bra again! Also going to go try on some sweaters at Motherhood, maybe if I get the right cut I can look pregnant instead of just chubby even with my wee bump :haha:

Cheap front-close sports bras worked well for me. The ones with a whole bunch of hooks in the middle of the front - that way you can just unhook a few at the top at and flop out a boob to nurse (lovely imagery, huh?). :haha: Not great for out and about but just fine for home. Also, the most comfortable nursing bras I found were $5 at Walmart. They were being clearanced for some reason (it was a 2 pack for $10) but I think they're normally around $10 each which is still super cheap.

Are any of you ladies having pvcs? I started having them today & it hasn't really stopped. My doctor isn't really concerned right now as she says its pretty normal during Pregnancy but did send me home to Laydown & prop my feet up to relax. It freaks me out a little because my BFF had it with her last pregnancy & ended up in the hospital & wearing a heart monitor for around 3 weeks....

I came home & listened to the baby for awhile since that always calms me. The little turd was all over the place dancing & doing flips!

Wow, so much to catch up on!

I hope you ladies have had a better day than me. I've felt yucky all day. This morning when I got on the subway to head to work I had to get back off a few stops early because I thought I was going to pass out. I was feeling really queasy and woozy, and my vision was going black (kind of like when you're really sleepy and your eyes keep closing on you, except mine were wide open!). So I managed to stumble off the subway and sit down for a few minutes, and then I felt better. Thankfully I got a seat on the next train for the rest of the trip. But I've felt really off all day-headache, queasy, and my tummy is sore from what I'm guessing is stretching.

I'm really hoping a good nights sleep tonight will set it all well tomorrow! This morning was a bit scary. I'm just glad I didn't actually pass out because the subway train was pretty packed and I'd have taken out like 10 people if I did.

that is scary readytomum are you feeling any better now? xx

Maybesoon what are pvcs? lol x

Morning ladies :)

Just a quick update on my private scan, I'll catch up later when we are back from toddler group.

Scan was amazing.. 10 times better than the NHS ones and the lady was a NHS sonographer anyway lol!
Bleed still there, and the same size, but looks clotty.. which is good I'm told!
Baby measuring exactly right, so growing well despite the bleed next to him.
And, he was unmistakably a boy! :blue: :wohoo:

Wasn't in the best postion for pretty profile pics (again!) and the lady didn't want to press too hard beacuse of the bleed, but we got a few which were ok (she gave us about 20 pics in all!)
In the 4d ones he is cuddling into the placenta lol! :cloud9:

https://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k240/DANIELLA77/5B1576CE-7C81-4E2E-AC29-3803233A78A0-2872-000002C78624EC61-1.jpg

https://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k240/DANIELLA77/EC3AFFE9-9C8C-4C2F-97B7-D81B8E8DEC52-2872-000002C75E36BE02-1.jpg

https://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k240/DANIELLA77/82301C53-EE34-4BCC-B900-8E51ABBA7E41-2872-000002C78E46FF8E-1.jpg

https://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k240/DANIELLA77/40529E9C-EDD1-423B-9139-38E204513608-2872-000002C7AC58402F.jpg

https://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k240/DANIELLA77/boybits.jpg

wow Dan-o he looks greats!! Congrats on team blue!! xxx

Dano congrats on team blue!! Whoo hoo!

Readytomum gosh sounds horrid! Have u had your blood pressure checked? Hope your feeling better!!

Maybesoon do you normally suffer with it? Im a CCU nurse & also have a pacemaker myself so understand the worry. I think, correct me if I'm wrong it's where the ventricular Part of heart beats early so therefore you skip a beat and feel like u get a big thud in chest? I think it is quite common lots of people have it and don't realise but pregnancy, high blood pressure amongst other things can make it worse. Try not to worry Hun just try and relax if possible!! If your worried call the doc or at least Midwiffe ((hugs))

Well I'm feeling rotten again today woke up with horrid diahorrea (sorry tmi) and then chucked up :( currently cuddled up on sofa with my chuihuaua pup. Hoping I feel better in a few hours. It's really odd no idea where it's come from?! Lol I was just enjoying feeling well grrrrr

Dan o what a cute cuddly baby boy!!! Absolutely adorable!

Ready to mom: goodness, it must have been low blood pressure. Drink tons of water and have salty snacks, they help immediately! I hope you feel better now!
I fainted at my meeting last week, felt exactly the same thing.

Nimbec , oh dear hope you recover soon! There is a stomach bug going around, many people I know have it. Keep hydrated hun!

premature ventricular contraction = PVC
It is a kind of arrhythmia. I have an arrythmia (First-degree atrioventricular block) but it is not dangerous, many normal people have this, especially young adults, slim women and athletes.

I'm sorry I've been so quiet on the thread. I read all the pages, but the conversation often goes so fast that I find it hard to keep up. And I'm often browsing this on my tablet so find it difficult to type and reply. I happen to be on my computer today, so just wanted to say I'm still here!

Congrats on the baby boy dan-o! He looks adorable!

mommybrown - your ex sounds HORRIBLE!!!! I hope the courts figure that out soon and you get your little ones back quickly.

nimbec - sorry you feel poorly today. hope you feel better soon.

readytomum - i read that if you feel faint, you should sit down immediately and put your head between your knees if you can. This will help blood flow back up to your brain as its mainly due to low blood pressure.

maybesoon - I'm sorry OH is being such a jerk and treating you like crap, with his mood swings etc. I'm amazed by the strength you have shown so far and I hope you will remain strong for your little baby. You will be an amazing mother!

Sweetpea - Sorry to hear about your cervix issue. I hope they can find a way to help you resolve it quickly as I know how worrying it can be. Please take care and stay off your feet as much as you can.

As for me, I have my 20 week scan tomorrow, in about 14 hours time. I'm extremely excited to find out whether we are on team blue or pink. Will come back and post once I know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->