April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

UkGirl sorry that you two are disagreeing.... i have no brothers but i have 2 BIL's that did the MMA cage fighting stuff. Let him take his shot at it like we did DH's brothers and i am very sure he will not want to get back in the cage. It just took one time for them and it has completely left their systems.

Ladies i hope you guys get to feeling better. It seems so much worse when we are pregnant!

Today i am carrying a big case of the I don't give a F@*k about anything. I cleaned out my closet and vacuumed the floors did what little laundry i have and the dishes...Now i am sitting here engorging myself in a pizza not giving a shit if i get fat or not anymore. Let's hope my afternoon goes a bit better.

lol.... my real brother & I aren't close at all ukgirl.... He lives in another state & in fact called me last Friday for the first time since I found out I was pregnant. He has spoken to my parents & my mom told him the oh & I had split & he still never called to see how the baby or I have been doing. Then he calls last Friday only to ask if/when I was planning on coming to visit him & his family for Christmas because he thinks if I agree to go there my parents will travel with me..... hmmmm so you know my number when you want something from me.... Well no thank you.

https://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k240/DANIELLA77/82301C53-EE34-4BCC-B900-8E51ABBA7E41-2872-000002C78E46FF8E-1.jpg

OMG! Look at his little tushy! So cute! Congrats on :blue:!

Probably won't be on much for a few days. LO is really sick, poor thing. Almost took her to the ER over night but the ped's triage nurse told us just to wait until this morning to see the doc unless her fever got a couple of degrees higher (it was 103*F for the 2nd night in a row!). She has a bad viral throat infection (thank goodness not strep!). Pretty sure I'm getting it. I have a ton to do for work and a hearing downtown for work I have to be at in the morning and then that interview tomorrow afternoon. On top of being exhausted from being up with dd most of the night and feeling like I'm getting sick myself, I'm worried my car is effed. It started messing up on the interstate on the way to work today. I managed to pull off and note that I had like almost no oil :)shrug:) so I drove slowly and bought oil and got it to an acceptable level but my engine light is still on so hopefully I can find out what that's all about after work. Ha, and again, no one stopped for the pregnant lady on the side of the road with her car hood up (and this time I wasn't flailing and/or crying hysterically like I was with the spider a couple of weeks ago :haha:). Not that I needed help because I think I solved the issue myself (thanks to having a couple of crappy cars before this one when I was single!) but I seriously hate this city.

thank you for all the comments about my brother, it is the MMA fighting he is doing and I hate it lol. Hopefully like you say mammabrown, one fight and he'll be done with it xx

Littlespy - oh my goodness you have a lot on your plate!! I hope your little girl gets well soon. Throat and ear infections are the worst!! Poor little love xx Good luck for your interview tomorrow I hope you get your car sorted, sounds like Murphy's law to me, when it rains it pours! xx

UKgirl, boo to your brother! Ive always had a difficult relationship with my own brother, we get on much better now he lives in Australia though! Hope it all sorts out for you.

Littlespy, replied on the beach bumps thread but just wanted to say again sorry to hear about you and Maisie and wishing you both a speedy recovery.

Well sorted out my day off for scan at last! So thats a relief, just looking forward to finsihing this shift now, one hour to go and counting!

Little spy I really hope dd starts to pick up and feel better soon, and that neither you nor dh get sick in the progress.

And cars are so annoying. Absolute money pits.

Baby is kicking lots tonight!

Mommabrown, just wanted to say (big hugs ) to you you sound incredibly strong and really hope things turn around for you soon

I feel silly, I'm sorry for the whine. I know in the scheme of things what I have going on really isn't that bad. Thanks for reading, ladies. Especially sorry Melissa had to read it twice! :flower:

Scarlet that's great news! Officially welcome! Did you get to find out your gender at this scan?

Aww congrats Dan-o on your little blue bundle!! :)

LittleSpy, I hope you're both feeling better soon! <3

Doggylover, I am so jealous you're feeling baby kick! I am so gutted I am not really feeling baby yet. I have had a few flutters but nothing definitive. :( I felt LO at around 16 weeks and I thought with knowing what to look for this time I would feel at same time or even earlier. I really want to feel baby now :( xxx

TeAmo :hugs: you will be getting beaten up in no time, don't worry. And honestly my LO is the most gentle baby ever. It's only little 'muscle twitch' like feelings I get, nothing huge. If I wasn't so lazy and lying about quietly I wouldn't notice at all. Maybe your LO is being active when you are and you are missing it?

TeAmo, don't feel bad! I'm 19weeks today and still havn't felt anything :nope:

The only time I feel anything is sometimes when I roll from one side to the other in bed. It feels like a little sluggish blob moving across my belly. Other than that, I did listen to LO last night for about 20 minutes with my doppler. He/she was dancing all over the place. It was so cute.

Maybesoon, what does it sound like when they move? I have listened to LO and every now and again I will hear what I can only discribe as "static" noise or as if someone had touched the end of the doppler. Its pretty loud and hurts my ears but only for a split second. Is that what it sounds like when they move?

TeAmo: I haven't felt anything yet either. In fact, as I mentioned earlier, I just finally felt my uterus (or fundus or whatever its called) for the first time today. :dohh: This is #1 for me, so I have no idea what to expect really for those first few movements, so I suspect I'll be waiting quite some time before I'm really sure that I've felt anything.

Steph mine would be like a WHOOSH then static & the heartbeat would be gone. I would have to move the doppler around for a second & then just when it was going good again WHOOSH & static & the baby was gone again... I did this over & over for about 20 minutes....

Maybesoon, what does it sound like when they move? I have listened to LO and every now and again I will hear what I can only discribe as "static" noise or as if someone had touched the end of the doppler. Its pretty loud and hurts my ears but only for a split second. Is that what it sounds like when they move?

To me, it always sounds like really bad sound effects in like a martial arts movie or something. :haha: Sorry, that's the only way I can think to describe it. May be different with different dopplers, though. :shrug:

Awesome news on the car front (I think)! What I thought was wrong was it. So, problem should be taken care of. I stopped for diagnostics to be run about why my "check engine" light was on and they confirmed that light came on because my oil level was low. There were a couple of other possible causes but oil level was one so that's very likely what it is. I'm SO relieved. I really, really, really hope that was all it was. I have to admit, I'm kind of proud of myself for solving my broken-down-on-the-side-of-the-road car problem all by myself! :p Like I'm an adult or something. :haha: I used to be really independent (so much so that my husband would complain about it the first couple of years we were together). So, then I think I started trying to "need" him more and got used to just going to him with my problems. I did call him first thing but he was taking a nap with dd so he didn't even get the message until over an hour later and by that time, the problem was solved.

Maisie hasn't had much of a fever since 4 this afternoon (so, for the last 5 hours). We've been keeping her medicated so we're planning to give her one last dose tonight and then seeing how it goes overnight without medicine. Fx she's on the mend. So far, she seems to be feeling better this evening. Though, I guess we're about to find out where she really stands because bedtime seems to be the true test. If kids can be up and occupied with toys and tv and playing, they don't seem all that sick. She went downhill really fast last night once we started trying to get her to sleep. I think I'm even procrastinating on bedtime tonight even though I'm exhausted from hardly having slept last night just because I'm afraid of how it's going to go. Goodnight ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->