April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Hi girls! :flower:

I know it has been a while. I just wanted to update you. I had my gender scan yesterday and DH and I are having a boy and a girl!! :happydance:

Such wonderful news!!! :oneofeach: One of each is absolutely perfect!!!:thumbup:

Hi everyone!

Hope you all had a good weekend and are enjoying this week so far :D

I haven't been on for a few days, so alot of catching up to do lol.

Not alot new with me, still waiting for my 20 week scan appointment to come in the post. It should be beginning of Dec, but they're not rushing to let me know which is annoying :growlmad:

This thread is moving with the speed of light!:wacko: haha!
Don't you just hate the wait between scans?:dohh: Call them to ask them when will they see you.
My scan is scheduled for Dec 18th, it was arranged the same day I received my 12 week scan results, automatically. A very long wait between 2 scans...

Lily- have fun at your pregnancy nutrition class! I am a dietitian over here in the US...though I mainly deal with clients with diabetes and not a lot of pregnant women. Good luck and hope you learn a lot!

Afm, not really anything new. I am at a conference today and the rest of this week, which means getting up earlier and driving farther than I usually do. But that's ok, as I am feeling pretty good (although a little fat) and am hoping to learn a lot to take back to work!
Thanks it was really interesting, most stuff we already know it was either common sense or really obsessive Google search lol:blush::haha: Other stuff I didn't know. Like I thought butter has vit D, well it doesn't :dohh: haha! I didn't know how important Omega 3 fatty acids are for pregnancy and breastfeeding. I'm starting eating walnuts and more fish now, and I'm thinking of starting a supplement too.
Only thing I didn't like was the dietician was a little patronizing and if someone asked a "silly" question he would roll his eyes and make fun. Hey we are normal people who are taking the seminar to learn, we don't have a degree in this :growlmad: If we knew everything we wouldn't have taken the trouble to participate.

Have fun at your conference, and be careful driving! Nice to hear you are a dietician, now I know who to ask my "silly" questions :winkwink:

Doggylover, I am so jealous you're feeling baby kick! I am so gutted I am not really feeling baby yet. I have had a few flutters but nothing definitive. :( I felt LO at around 16 weeks and I thought with knowing what to look for this time I would feel at same time or even earlier. I really want to feel baby now :( xxx

TeAmo you are not alone, even if I felt baby going crazy/karate kid in weeks 15-16, now I feel absolutely nothing and I'm worrying like crazy. I think the crazy obsession with monitoring movement has started for me...

I'm up since 5am because I'm so worried:cry: I have little jabs but nothing like the movements of last week...

Awesome news on the car front (I think)!

Maisie hasn't had much of a fever since 4 this afternoon (so, for the last 5 hours). We've been keeping her medicated so we're planning to give her one last dose tonight and then seeing how it goes overnight without medicine. Fx she's on the mend. So far, she seems to be feeling better this evening. Though, I guess we're about to find out where she really stands because bedtime seems to be the true test. If kids can be up and occupied with toys and tv and playing, they don't seem all that sick. She went downhill really fast last night once we started trying to get her to sleep. I think I'm even procrastinating on bedtime tonight even though I'm exhausted from hardly having slept last night just because I'm afraid of how it's going to go. Goodnight ladies!
yay about the car! They can be such a pain sometimes though!:dohh:

Hope Maisie recovers soon, so sad she is sick and fussy during bedtime. Hugs! :hugs:

AFM I'm up since 5am and can't go back to sleep. I'm waiting for the store down the street to open so I can buy some juice for breakfast and revising some paper work. I had weird dreams (I think because I ate too much dinner), and then I woke up and kept trying to concentrate to feel baby but I don't. I'm really worried today... :cry:

I have so much housework to do, I only catch up with the kitchen cleaning and laundry, I haven't vacuumed in 10 days and I feel awfully guilty... I will do it later today, or the dust bunnies will come alive :wacko:

Have a great day everyone!

Lily glad to hear that your seminar was useful. I really need to start some omega 3 supplements as I hate fish!! You are so lucky as well, if I didn't vacuum for ten days, with two dogs and a cat, we wouldn't have wooden floors anymore, we'd have carpet!! I say leave it as long as possible!

Littlespy glad to hear your day was looking up by the end, and Maisie's fever was down.

Morning everyone, just a quick Q, is it normal to feel baby move LOTS one day then nothing the next day or 2? I had a dream where it felt like baby was having a fit or something inside me so I am worried now, going to get my doppler out, hope the tesco man doesn't come lol x

Lily glad to hear that your seminar was useful. I really need to start some omega 3 supplements as I hate fish!! You are so lucky as well, if I didn't vacuum for ten days, with two dogs and a cat, we wouldn't have wooden floors anymore, we'd have carpet!! I say leave it as long as possible!

Littlespy glad to hear your day was looking up by the end, and Maisie's fever was down.[/QUOTE

OMG I had dogs and they were severe shedders, I know what you mean :haha: Still I need to do it if I want to iron, or else the dust bunnies will migrate up in our shirt's sleeves haha!

Dietician said to prefer smaller fatty fish like sardines because they are rich in omega 3 and they haven;t absorbed harmful substances. I'm fortunate I love small fish!:thumbup:
You should definitely start a supplement, and you could also add linseed oil or linseed (used in pepper mill) in your diet, and walnuts... I already got my walnuts hehee!

Morning everyone, just a quick Q, is it normal to feel baby move LOTS one day then nothing the next day or 2? I had a dream where it felt like baby was having a fit or something inside me so I am worried now, going to get my doppler out, hope the tesco man doesn't come lol x

This is what happened to me, baby was really moving alot for a few days then stopped. Could it be sleepy? IDK...

OMG you are in Tesco???:haha:

I think I felt the baby for the first time last night :happydance:

I guess I can't be sure but I was laying on the couch and concentrating on my tv show and my belly was just really "busy". It felt like it was swishing and moving internally. But not digestive noises or movements...it was different. I took out the doppler to see what I could hear and it came up like you girls discribed. Strong HB...then loud woshing noise....faint HB. Then I would have to move the doppler around to find baby again and it kept doing the same thing.... too funny.

I have my scan at 3pm :happydance:. Had a dream last night, that it was a boy and I was disappointed (in my dream) :shrug:. I really don't care either way so that just scared me. Either way, I can't wait to find out!

LittleSpy, I love doing things on my car. Bragging rights I guess lol. I can change my own tires, check and change my oil and fluids, etc. The basics... but it does help out when your stuck on the side of the road :haha:
Glad your car was just a minor fix. I guess you should just keep an eye on the oil level to make sure you don't have a leak.

Steph that's great news!!!

Lily, we have some linseed in the house so I will definitely get on that, but will get a supplement as well or else I'll never get enough!

lol lily, no I was waiiting for tesco to deliver to my house, luckily he didnt come until after I heardbabies heart beat lol x

Have fun at your scan today Steph!!!! Can't wait to hear which Team you are on!!!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Oh Steph cannot wait to hear!!

Lily i explained baby movememt to Dh by talking about fishing...when it kicks its like getting a nibble at the line and when you feel movement it is just like the line moving back and forth...he thought that was so cool! Glad your feeling baby move.

I had another hard night...youngest Ds (mine and Dh son) is so lonely with out his brother and sister here. He sat alone at the dinner table last night and then went straight to his room...he and Dh had a crying episode which i joined in on also. They say its always darkest before the dawn and i really hate my Ex for putting our family through especially during the holiday season. Baby Emmaleigh hasn't moved nearly as much through all the stress thank goodNess for my doppler so i can hear her heartbeat.

I think I felt the baby for the first time last night :happydance:

I have my scan at 3pm

Oooh... I'm so jealous on both counts! lol Still waiting to feel baby. Sometimes I think I might be feeling like a little whoosh or flutter, and then I think I'm imagining things. :shrug: My scan date is slowly crawling closer... only 3.5 weeks left to go now!

Thankfully hearing all the lovely news about everyone else's scans helps keep me sane in the meantime! Can't wait to hear how yours goes! Hopefully LO co-operates and flashes the tech clearly. :haha:

ReadytoMum, I was just telling OH last night... with or luck (and stubborn genetics on both sides lol), baby will be sleeping tight with legs tightly crossed lmao. :haha:

Just had my scan! I guess I don't have very good baby radar because we are

TEAM PINK!!

I couldn't believe it!! I am just thrilled to pieces. I really wanted a girl first, and feel so lucky! I really did think it was a boy and the idea was beginning to grow on me, so I could not believe it when the tech said she thought it was a girl! She checked a few other views, and yup there it was the three line hamburger :haha: Of course she just said she was 98% sure, but we all had a good look and I am confidently painting my crib pink :happydance:

And, of course most importantly she is doing great, measuring perfect and all her little pieces in the right place. So relieved and just feel, so, so lucky and happy. :cloud9:

Oh mammabrown I feel so sorry for your ds not being with his big brother and sister its so sad that they have been split up like that. when is your hearing? Xx

If I left my carpet for more than 2 days it would be minging with my two and dh making a mess! Lol

well I got a few kicks earlier which cheered me up. I guess I do have a sleepy baby!

Steph that sucks about your scan. can they re scan you or do you have to go private? Xx

Littlespy so glad dd is feeling a little better bless her and glad things are better today.

:) xx

WOOOOOO HOOO Kristabelle on TEAM PINK!!!

Our hearing is the 26th and i just talked to the lawyer again about an hour ago and he hasn't even started filing anything yet. He said he is hoping to get to it today at the earliest but it could be tomorrow. I was like Ugh this is my family on the line and the longer i am away from them the worse i am worried for them being with their lying father. We need to get started on this like yesterday. He seem genuinely concerned and said he has just had other stuff to do

My solicitor is a lot like that too.. But it must be a good thing. like yours is a straight forward custody case. Do you even get visitation during the wait? Even if it is supervised? All this is going to look really bad on him!! Hes playing really dirty xx

Damn computer cut off the rest...

Glad that baby is moving again! Anyways i can't even remember what else i had to say because my "Pregnesia" is kicking in!

No visitations no seeing them at all even though the protection order is against DH. That is part of the paper work that is being filed and part of why i am so upset with the Lawyer for not getting it filed right away. Your right he is at least he is straight forward. It is custody case and a dismissal case in the protection order hopefully.

Mommabrown what a nightmare! That is one of the reasons I'm thankful we do not handle custody cases anymore. They suck the life right out of you. And 98% of the paperwork is bs & waste of time & money. All the darn discovery requests & crap, nobody ever answers that crap truthfully. Protective Orders are nothing but a piece of paper. People break that crap every single day & not a darn thing is done to them. I'm sorry you are having to go through this. I can't imagine the stress it is adding on you and the baby. Hang in there & hopefully things will get better soon. You are all in my thoughts & prayers....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->