April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Morning all

Congrats to Steph, Kristabelle and Sweet Angel! Love hearing about peoples scans!

Littlespy, glad Maisie is on the mend!

Lily, re furnitue we arent getting new nursery furniture, just gonna use LOs bits, but we did buy all his new furniture last weekend so i guess in a roundabout way you could say yes we have! lol

Work is gonna start in the next couple of weeks seperating DSs room into two seperate rooms, whilst im looking forward to getting it done im dreading it as i hate having workman and mess in the house! lol
Still got today and tomorrow of work to go so my weekend wont start till Sunday, boo!
Feeling lots of movement from LO now! yay!

Littlespy, glad the interview went well and your little girl is on the mend, mine used to always break out in rashes after a fever, their doctor called it a fever rash actually, she said it's the last of the infection leaving the body.

AFM, on the school run today a lady I talk to now and then, walked right up to me and said.. I have to ask this, I've wanted to ask for weeks now, but are you pregnant?? haha I was like.. errr yeh.. she was like oh good, I was worried to ask in case you were just FAT!! :haha: bless her. I must admit I am the same I tend not to ask until it is blatantly obvious lol

I spoke to my aunty the other day who I had fallen out with over them bitching behind people's backs to me and if you hadn't heard the story already, basically what happened was my brother lives with my nan and she is a bit weird, anywhooo she was slagging my brother off to one of my aunties who was also slagging my brother off to me and I got fed up with it so stopped talking to her about him then they were making digs at my brother and my dad over facebook so I released the pregnancy rage and they stopped talking to me. Anyway, I spoke to the aunt who I had fallen out with and I said to her that I was sorry but I was just very angry at her and that she shouldn't have spoken to nan about things before me because now my nan had disowned me over it, she said she laid all the blame on herself so nan wouldn't get upset and my nan had essentially disowned me for not replying to her message on facebook.... so yes.. my nan, a 70 year old woman, my father's mother... disowned me on facebook, because I didn't reply to her private message...... WTF??? so I'm like well ok we're better off then really.

as for baby, I was meaning to mention, I downloaded this prenatal lullaby app for my android and it is great, its a group of classical music which you play to your bump it's meant to be beneficial to them somehow, I don't know if it is, but bean kicks away to the piano music. I've tried a bit of gangnam style just to see if it has the same effect but unfortunately baby wasn't having any of it lol.

Kristabelle, Congrats on :pink: :happydance:

Steph82, Congrats on :blue: :happydance:

SweetAngel, Your pics are lovely :D

Littlespy, I'm glad to hear your daughter is getting better :D I hope she starts eating soon so you can have some peace of mind.
Also, I know how much of a pain cars can be, so I hope it's a minor problem and can be sorted easily :thumbup:

AFM, Really struggling today with pelvic pain :cry: Can barely keep up with my son, and I'm feeling guilty that I can't play with him as well as I'd like :cry:

It's typical, I could barely function during the MS phase, and now I'm finally feeling human again, I get crippling pain lol :dohh:

It's all gonna be worth it tho :happydance:

Tomorrow I have my blood work, and we actually do them together, DH and I, so romantic lol :serenade: He has to do his annual check up.

:rofl: So romantic!!

Melissa I hate getting work done in the house too, but at least it's excitng because it's baby prep!!

UKgirl, sorry to hear you are still having trouble with your family :hugs:

Melon, so sorry to hear how sore you are. Take it easy, stick a DVD on for DS, and DON'T FEEL GUILTY. You need to take care of yourself.

Afm, grrr kids are annoying me today. Not good when you work as a teacher! I am just so tired!! On the plus side, when I sat down to type this little bean starting wriggling away!!!

Is anyone shopping for furniture yet? We have to move our office stuff to the library and clean up, maybe prep the office wall for paint because it will be the nursery... I hate moving furniture....:dohh:

So far DH and I have bought (and painted) a little dresser for the nursery. No other furniture yet. We can't really buy too much until we get our rooms re-organized. Right now our second bedroom is an office and I have a huge beautiful wooden desk that my parents re-finished for me in it at the moment. So that needs to come out and go into the living room, which means we need to get rid of at least one chair and coffee table in the living room to make enough space for it. I think we're just going to toss the filling cabnet.

We have a wooden glider in there we're going to keep, we're just getting it reupholstered into a more baby friendly fabric and colour. There's bookcases in there now, a tall one and a short one. The tall one has to come out for sure, and I think we're going to leave the little one, but move the books off to somewhere else so that it can be LO's bookshelf.

I'm hoping to recruit some friends to help DH move stuff around over Christmas so that we can start getting the nursery assembled, and get the rest of our apartment sorted out! We have too much furniture and I don't even know how we're going to add more! :dohh:

We need to have a really good clean out!

Kristabelle, Congrats on Team Pink!!

Steph82, Congrats on Team Blue!!

Sorry kids are getting to you today doggylover. I love mine but hate everyone else's right now. Ugh crazy.

ReadytoMum we have baby's crib up and all together and a baby bath. That is about it. We have decided to hold off on buying anything else till after the Holidays. Not because i want to just because money is tight. If i had it my way I'd do some retail therapy HA!

Melon sorry your not feeling well. It seems that what they say is true that we women forget what we really put up with in our bodies being pregnant till we are pregnant again. I hope you get to feeling better kick back and relax a bit.

Afm, well same ol same ol still... I have a tender spot right above my belly button and DH thinks it maybe growing pains???? Emmaleigh's been moving and tighting it up a bit so it maybe just sore muscles too. I hope you all have a lovely day!!

good idea to wait till after xmas, probably get some sale bargains on furniture and the like!

UKgirl, urrghh sorry you have been getting so much family grief, you really dont need it at the mo and cant believe your nan is on fb in ther 1st place!

dogerlover, relax its now your weekend! away from the kids!

melon, hope you feel better very soon, i for one do not enjoy pregnancy due to feeling crap the majority of the time, if its not one thing its another !

Mommabrown boo for pains but yay if they are Emmaleigh!

lol melissasbump I know :p I have to laugh at it though! xx

Mammabrown I can't wait to put our cot up but my mum is really superstitious and wont let us put it up until at least our 24th week haha!

waiting for the sales is a great idea!!

today I was laying back in my chair watching the simpsons with the kids and I was feeling pretty crappy and sick, then I realised... I'm at the point now where laying on my back is no longer an option! I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is going!

Hope everyone has had a nice day xxx

Mommabrown: I know what you mean, money is super tight for us right now too. All of the furniture that we have to get rid off to make room for baby stuff we'll be trying to sell for a little bit of extra $. My parents have said they would get the crib for us, so that's a big relief! It's our first LO so I'm hoping we'll get some of the big things at the baby shower. My aunts like to pool together for bigger items, so hopefully we'll get lucky that way.

Melissabump: Sales are a girls bestfriend!! lol For the first time ever my Boxing Day sales shopping after Christmas will be for baby stuff! :cloud9:

doggylover: the weekend is just around the corner!! You've probably already started yours by this point actually.

AFM, I'll be travelling down to my parents this weekend. It's my sisters wedding shower which should be lots of fun. And we've set up a Skype call for my grandma and her sister (who lives in England) for Sunday. They haven't actually seen each other in probably 10 years... and the last time we set up skype for them they were so overwhelmed at being able to see each other again that neither of them could talk. Hopefully this time goes a little better now that they know what to expect! :flower:

The weekend has arrived thank heavens. My butt is now glued to the sofa! I am going to get overly fat soon :haha:

In terms of furniture we have moved/gotten rid of our piano and sofa from one downstairs room (the small one we never use) as we are getting new bookcases and armchairs for in there, moving dh's things from his study down as that will be the nursery :) we have all the furniture picked out but probably not buyin until February when my in laws come over

Readytomum, lol you will find that from now until the end of tiem your sales shopping will be for LO! I currently shop sales to buy clothes for Harrison a year ahead, so all the winter clothes he has this year i bought last year and he already has a full spring/summer wardrobe bought in this years sales. I hardly ever buy for myself now, much prefer buying for him!

Congrats on Team Blue Steph! And congrats Sweet Angel 84 on your pink, but possibly blue, bundle :haha: That is the most ridiculous gender prediction ever. I could have given you that prediction from here on my couch on the interweb never mind looking at your U/S. Your bump is lovely!

I have been so excited and happy all day :happydance:

Congrats Steph welcome to team blue!

Sweet angel congrats either way!

Morning all

Congrats to Steph, Kristabelle and Sweet Angel! Love hearing about peoples scans!

SweetAngel, Your pics are lovely :D

Thank you ladies. I love reading up on everyone's progress! Great to know I'm not the only one who feels certain things.
Congrats to all the ladies who have found out if they're team pink or blue!!
I can't wait to confirm what team we're on!! :happydance:

Melissa, I shop at the end of season sales for Maisie, too but it just blew up in my face. She was such a huge chunk at like 3 months wearing 6-9 month clothes that I bought most of her winter clothes for this year in a 24 month size.... well, now she's a tiny little thing weight-wise so... she's still in 12 month stuff, just now moving into some 18 month. :dohh::dohh::dohh: She's been in the stupid 12 month size for 8 months, through spring, summer, and fall! 12 month stuff is just now starting to get too short on her (fits fine otherwise). I keep telling myself the 24 month stuff will probably fit her NEXT year! :haha: And 24 month stuff should fit the LO on the way a couple winters from now so at least there's that.

I'm hoping she'll be able to wear most of the 24 month stuff when the weather is the coldest in a couple of months since she's taller than average at this point.

I built my crib on Monday, built the dresser during the big storm and that's about it. Now that we know gender I picked my rug but waiting for a sale. I also have my eye on some PB Kids sheets, but again I will wait for it to go on sale. I found a place online that sells the vinyl for wall decals by the roll so I am going to DIY my giraffe print wall. Just waiting for the samples so I can pick the color. Also ordered the paint for the crib. And I ordered some yarn that I am going to wrap around and old ikea side table to brighten it up. The yarn and paint are pink of course :) But coral pink rather than princess pink to pacify all the anti-pink people in my fam :haha: I think that's all I've done so far. And I've picked my curtains too, but again just waiting for a sale. Also going to get a bookcase but the only place I can find the style I like is in NY so I will probably wait and get that in Dec or Jan when we go to visit friends. Oh and I picked some cute prints from theanimalprintshop.com which I loooooove, but I put them on my registry since I thought that might be a fun thing for someone else to get us that isn't clothes or baby gear.

Yep... obsessed.

Whoa kirstabelle you are so organised!!!

My LO has been moving around a lot yesterday, and this morning when the alarm went off he was obviously annoyed as I got a few jabs! :haha:

As you may remember, I have a friend who is also pregnant, and who has been really rude and self centred lately, I mentioned how she rarely speaks to me now, and never asks how I am at all. Well I thought I would make one final effort and give her the benefit of the doubt. So we went for lunch today, actually at another friends house, and yet again she was rude and almost sulky the whole time. She barely spoke to me at all. I asked if she was ok, she said she was just tired (she's 13 weeks so totally normal) but she was FINE with our other friend. :shrug: I think this pregnancy is very different to what she thought. I think she just thought about having a baby and forgot she has to grow one first, as she seems totally disconnected from the whole thing. She said that seeing it move on the US was horrible and freaky for example. And I think then she maybe finds it hard that I am so enthusiastic and enjoying the whole thing, which I get, but still no reason to be rude to me, which she blatantly was.

Siggghhhh.

Hey girls! Had a rough couple of days, my granny went for emergency surgery, and we were very worried for her. She has chronic obstructive lung disease and is extremely frail. We thought it would take her several days to get off the medical ventilator if at all. She amazingly made it, she is conscious and off the machine in less than 12 hours after the surgery! It is such a relief! Now we have to wait for her to get out of the ICU, so we can visit her properly and cheer her up!

After the good news I went for coffee at Starbucks and got my first toffee nut latte for this season mmm! Heaven! And baby did a back flip, must really like the stuff! Haha!

Kisses to all!

Whoa kirstabelle you are so organised!!!

My LO has been moving around a lot yesterday, and this morning when the alarm went off he was obviously annoyed as I got a few jabs! :haha:

As you may remember, I have a friend who is also pregnant, and who has been really rude and self centred lately, I mentioned how she rarely speaks to me now, and never asks how I am at all. Well I thought I would make one final effort and give her the benefit of the doubt. So we went for lunch today, actually at another friends house, and yet again she was rude and almost sulky the whole time. She barely spoke to me at all. I asked if she was ok, she said she was just tired (she's 13 weeks so totally normal) but she was FINE with our other friend. :shrug: I think this pregnancy is very different to what she thought. I think she just thought about having a baby and forgot she has to grow one first, as she seems totally disconnected from the whole thing. She said that seeing it move on the US was horrible and freaky for example. And I think then she maybe finds it hard that I am so enthusiastic and enjoying the whole thing, which I get, but still no reason to be rude to me, which she blatantly was.

Siggghhhh.

OMG the a-hole friend strikes again!:haha: She sounds really self absorbed and immature. Now I see why she is so bleh with you, she is jealous of you enjoying being pregnant (with whatever challenges you may face) and being ready to be a mother while she can't... Honestly now, some women are extremely annoying...
At first tri I had a bit of a hard time bonding with the baby but as time passes I love it more and more. Hubby said today he has never seen me more happy, and indeed I feel very happy, despite any difficulties (we all face) during pregnancy.

Doggerlover, i think you have done all you can with your friend to be honest.. maybe she will come to her senses soon but my advice now would be to leave it be, if she comes to your for support or advice maybe you could be there for her and resurrect your friendship that way?

Lilly how worrying about your granny! Great that shes pulled thorugh and hope she makes a speedy recovery x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->