April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Aw lovely bumps maybesoon and dan-o! I have to say though, I feel absolutely massive looking at your bumps! Omg I'm massive! X

kealz.... I actually asked my doc about it on Monday because I'm still wearing my clothes before getting pregnant & I have only gained a total of 7lbs & 5 was in the last month. I was worried looking at other pregnant women like my cousin who is only 6 weeks further along than me & comparatively is showing much much more than I. She told me since this is my first & since I was so little to begin with that it will most likely take awhile for me to really show. She said most likely I will wake up one morning & be huge compared to right now. Which is funny because that's how this bump came about. I was flat stomached pretty good abs (I dance a lot well before getting pg I did) so I have a pretty strong core (ok, had...)...

Chig, so sorry about your previous loss :hugs: That must have been so difficult for you and your fam.

Hope that your baby starts dancing around soon! And my fingers are crossed and all good thoughts coming your way for your anatomy scan this time. Chances are very good that this time everything will be okay! Are you going to find out the sex of the baby? Or would you also like one of my terrible guesses? :haha:

Thanks for the positive thoughts! I am also praying that this time, everything will be perfect. The doctors had no explanation as to why my baby had the defect. She just said, it just happens sometimes...so helpful!

Anyway, we actually have decided to keep it a surprise and not find out the sex of the baby. It is going to be so difficult to hold back, but for our first one, we want it to be a surprise!

ReadyToMum - I know what you mean about still not feeling anything while having a desk job. I also sit all day at work, so I am very in tuned with my body just waiting to feel anything! I guess we will just have to wait a little longer. Hopefully, we can see our little one bouncing around during our scans.

Little Spy, I looked at Mei Tais too, I liked the Baby Hawk ones but having something ergonomic (not the bjorn) that could also do forward facing was important to me. I think I will probably just use the moby when she is small, I have read a lot of reviews from people who say the stretchy fabric doesn't feel as secure when they are heavier. I could have waited to get the gemini... but I really wanted those lil foxes! :haha:

Oh, I read something recently about forward facing (in the front) being bad in any carrier just because baby doesn't get the right back/hip support. May be different in a more structured carrier like the beco. Not sure where I read it now, or the reliability of the source. I'll see if I can find it if you're interested.

I had read that too. But from what I have read about the gemini specifically is that because you can snap in the front to make the part between the legs smaller it provides proper support for a front carry, wheras bjorn and similar designs don't because they are wide no matter which way you put the baby. They still don't recommend facing out with a small baby, but I was thinking I might use the moby more when she is small anyway. Anyway, I did research it, and I feel pretty confident that they thought the design through properly. You can also do back and hip carries in the gemini, so if front facing front carries don't work out we can always try one of the other options. I actually just got it in the mail and opened it right this minute :happydance:

lovely bumps dan-o and maybesoon!!

Looking at your bumps though makes me feel huge as well! I've always had a fairly strong core and upper body (I live in a backpack), but I've never had a nice flat tummy... and I guess that little bit of extra padding is really affecting my bump size! I don't even eat sweets. :nope:

I did eat chinese food for dinner tonight though, and it was amazing! Oh man, it sure hit the spot. :haha: It doesn't take much to make me happy. lol

My mom bought me some Bio-Oil the other day to rub on my tummy to help avoid stretch marks, so I've been trying to remember to do that once a day. Has anyone else used it before? It makes my skin suuuuper soft after it's fully absorbed. Smells a bit funny though!

Hi girls :flow: nice to read all the chatter in here.

Had my scan today - it's a girl! We had picked the name Scarlett Lynn for a girl and are still set on it for now :) baby is looking perfect which is also a relief - was just waiting for something to go wrong because of my experience with DS and it felt like a dream that we left after hearing only good news! Placenta is moving away from cervix which is excellent news and also cervix actually measured longer than one week ago so was really happy about that too.

I feel like I could melt into puddle of relief.

Wow! A lot to catch on after two days!

It's fun to read everyone's posts...stroller rants, info about slings/carriers, and all else!

To those that posted bump pics....CUTE bumps!!! :)

Sweet Pea, congrats on team pink!!! :happydance:

Good luck to all those who have their scan soon. I can't wait to hear how they go! :thumbup:

AFM, I went to my anatomy scan today. The U/S tech confirmed it's a boy!!! It was cool to see all the different organs and body structures. Baby is measuring 20 wks 2 days, so a bit ahead of schedule but still on track (dr has my due date set as April 5). The tech didn't say about anything if it was good or bad-just did the scan, so I am assuming it was good. The radiologist won't read the measurements and pics for another day or so, then will send the results to my doctor. I assume they will call if anything is wrong... :shrug: Then I went to my 20 week appt to my dr. He told me the results from the blood test I took last time...1:10,000 risk for both down syndrome and neural tube defects; No increased risk for trisomy 18 (1:3,500). :happydance:
I finally took a bump pic...I am using it for facebook to announce baby's a boy. 20 weeks...half way there! I can hardly believe it!

Attachments

• 20wksboy-1.jpg
    20wksboy-1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 8
Awwww, congrats on pink and blue ladies, glad your scans went well!

And Sweet Pea I absolutely love the name Scarlett!

And cute bump pic BJS!

Here are some bump pics at last!

Those little stretchmarks at the front of my belly aren't new, they came up about a week after I gave birth to Sidney. Just my luck lol :dohh:
Bet I get loads this time :haha:

Bump just looks like too many pies when clothed, unless I've been stuffing myself with pickles and salt/vinegar crisps, then I look very pregnant... about 8 months gone lol!!

Mommabrown and dan-o.... Love the bumps!!!

Here's my bump as of today.

So cute both of you!!!:thumbup:

Hi girls :flow: nice to read all the chatter in here.

Had my scan today - it's a girl! We had picked the name Scarlett Lynn for a girl and are still set on it for now :) baby is looking perfect which is also a relief - was just waiting for something to go wrong because of my experience with DS and it felt like a dream that we left after hearing only good news! Placenta is moving away from cervix which is excellent news and also cervix actually measured longer than one week ago so was really happy about that too.

I feel like I could melt into puddle of relief.

Yay congrats on your little girl!!!:thumbup:
Very happy that you only have good news! :happydance:

Wow! A lot to catch on after two days!

It's fun to read everyone's posts...stroller rants, info about slings/carriers, and all else!

To those that posted bump pics....CUTE bumps!!! :)

Sweet Pea, congrats on team pink!!! :happydance:

Good luck to all those who have their scan soon. I can't wait to hear how they go! :thumbup:

AFM, I went to my anatomy scan today. The U/S tech confirmed it's a boy!!! It was cool to see all the different organs and body structures. Baby is measuring 20 wks 2 days, so a bit ahead of schedule but still on track (dr has my due date set as April 5). The tech didn't say about anything if it was good or bad-just did the scan, so I am assuming it was good. The radiologist won't read the measurements and pics for another day or so, then will send the results to my doctor. I assume they will call if anything is wrong... :shrug: Then I went to my 20 week appt to my dr. He told me the results from the blood test I took last time...1:10,000 risk for both down syndrome and neural tube defects; No increased risk for trisomy 18 (1:3,500). :happydance:
I finally took a bump pic...I am using it for facebook to announce baby's a boy. 20 weeks...half way there! I can hardly believe it!

Yay on boy! Many congrats to you too!:thumbup:
I love your bump pic, great way to announce!:happydance:

congrats to bjs and sweetpea!!

now go shopping :p xx

I can't remember who said that the baby bjorn carrier doesn't adjust at the bottom (between the legs) bit, but the one I had didxx

Congrats Sweetpea on a girl! And also Congrats on a boy BJ!

Lovely lovely bump pics ladies! I feel as big as a whale right now.

Emme has kicked up a storm for her daddy and he loves feeling her. My son talks to her and says i love you and cannot wait to see you. It definitely kept my mind off things last night.

Congratulations on team pink sweatpea! :pink:
Congratulation on team blue bjs.. and such a cute bump pic!! :blue:

Beautiful round bump mommabrown!
Cute little bump starting there maybesoon!!

I'm having an eating day today, just can't seem to stop myself lol!
Already eaten two banana muffins from a batch I made this morning, a huge bowl of grated carrot (craving) a handful of olives (another craving)and then a scrambled egg and veggie sausage toasted sandwich! It's not even lunchtime yet :dohh:

Also drunk about 5 pints of water (another craving I think) and two cups of tea! Body gone mad today! :haha:

maybesoon & dan-o -- Very cute bumps!

kealz -- I'm massive, too. :haha: I would blame it on being 2nd baby but after dan-o's pic, I guess I really have no good excuse. I've only gained 4 pounds, though! :shrug:

kirstabelle -- This is just for your consideration. :flower: The problem with forward facing in any carrier is that in order to have proper support for baby's hips, their legs need to be widely spaced and the bum needs to be level with or below the knees. I ended up getting a mei tai at a consignment shop yesterday and it as a little velcro strap that you can wrap around to make it smaller and front carry but I won't be using it that way because it's still bad for baby's hips. The fact that the width of the fabric is made smaller so you can carry in that position is exactly the problem. I'm sure it's absolutely fine for short periods of time, though! :thumbup: Obviously, it's your child and you can do what you choose. I just thought I'd put it out there because I know we all want what's best for our children and if you know better, you do better. I admit I used a crotch-dangler with dd for a couple months before I knew it was bad! :nope: These aren't where I initially read the information, but they support my point (isn't that convenient? :winkwink:): https://www.hipdysplasia.org/Develo...tion/Baby-Carriers-Seats-and-Other-Equipment/
https://www.bobafamily.com/blog/2011/10/11/nine-reasons-not-to-carry-your-baby-facing-out/

SweatPea -- Congrats on :pink: and for a great scan!

bjs -- cute bump & gender reveal pic!

ukgirl -- I didn't say the baby bjorn didn't adjust at the bottom. I called it a crotch dangler and said all crotch danglers are bad for baby's hip development. :haha: I had one, too, not knowing better. :dohh: Will be selling it very soon (haven't used it in forever anyway). It almost feels unethical for me to sell it now, though. :nope: There are many much better carrier options (for baby and wearer's health!).

dan-o -- Haha, I was doing really well eating yesterday. Fiber bar and OJ for breakfast, salad for lunch... then dinner came. And I ate a big bowl of macaroni and cheese with bacon in it and then a HUGE brownie. :dohh: Oh well. :blush:

I'm kind of nervous for Thanksgiving (US) next week. I'm doing the majority of the cooking for my family and I don't cook lightly for special occasions. :haha: I'm going to be in a big fat food coma for like 4 days straight. And then I have an OB appointment the Monday after the 4 day eating fest! I guess I'll need to take a LONG walk every day next week in an attempt to control the damage I'll inevitably do with food.

oh sorry littlespy I must have mid read it, what is a crotch dangler? xx

Morning Ladies hope everyone is having a great day!!!

CONGRATS to bjs on Team Blue and sweetpea on Team Pink!!!!!

I'm ready to get this day over with & move on to tomorrow & get my gender scan!!!

oh sorry littlespy I must have mid read it, what is a crotch dangler? xx

:haha: It's just a type of carrier that doesn't properly support baby. In carriers like the Babybjorn, the baby is kind of literally dangling from their crotch. So the hips are kind of forced into a narrow position and knees are well below the butt and apparently all of that is bad for hip development.

Congratulations on team pink sweatpea!

Congratulation on team blue bjs!! I love your announcement photo too, it's very cute!

Good luck tomorrow Maybesoon!! Hopefully LO will co-operate for you and flash the tech clearly. :haha:

ukgirl: I remember someone mentioning the lack of adjustability of the BabyBjorn too, but I don't remember who it was. :shrug: It's good to know though that they have different models which adjust differently to try and counter-act some of the stress it places on baby. I guess the key is to use all of the carriers in moderation since cramping baby up in the same position for hours on end can't be good no matter what kind of carrier it is!

dan-o: I find that I also drink water like it's going out of style. I think part of that is because I find my apartment *really* dry once the heat is turned on, so I feel dehydrated all the time. But I love ice-cold water.... mmmmmmmm. I know it's bad for digestion, but I can't stand room temperature water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->