April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Cute bump Kealz!

Oh man, I got so excited about the babies r us sale, but alas I will just wait for the thanksgiving/black friday sale which I'm sure there will be. I want PB Kids to put all my stuff on sale! I'm so impatient! I'm going to be hunting around for the mattress and car seat next weekend, see if I can get it discounted around that time. I'm so ridiculous. I can't bear to pay full retail for hardly anything! The theme of my nursery should be "stuff mummy found on sale"

nimbec: We got our crib!! :happydance: My parents had said they would buy it for us, so I called my mom and told her about the sale. She went and got in-line and was third in line for 6 cribs. It's regular 399.99 on sale for 199.97!

Yay, that's awesome Ready To Mum! What a great price!

I just made my ugliest, least exciting baby purchase yet... I saw the midwife today because I have been having bad back pain and loads of round ligament pain and just a generally painful pelvic time lately, and she said I need to get a support band because I am on my feet so much... So a hideous looking skin color elastic and velcro conglomeration is on its way to my house. :nope:

Kristabelle, welcome to the club lol!!! I ordered mine too I'm expecting it on Mon or Tue!
It is kind of ugly but it is good for you. It will make moving around so much easier!

AFM I got a cold, My nose is sniffling, my head is dizzy and my throat is sore. :p I'm drinking mint tea w/ honey to sooth my throat. I wish I could do more to recover faster.

Lovely bump coming along there kealz!

I'm envious of all you ladies making purchases already! I can't afford to buy anything yet, got to wait until the new year when we are a bit more flush :( Oh well, at least we have lots of stuff we can recycle from DS1!

Still struggling with names, hopefully we can think of something in the next 20 weeks or so lol :haha:

I've never tried one of those support belts, you'll have to let us know how you get on with it! I didn't get big enough to need any extra support with Sidney, but he was the wrong way round, so if this one goes the right way, I might get a lot bigge and need something! I do get sciatica, but it's bearable. x

SWEETPEA congrats on team pink!!!!!

And Bjs glad team blue was confirmed - I love the announcement photo! Adorable!

Maybesoon and dan-o you bumps look awesome, but they also make me feel massive!! Kealz you don't look huge at all! You look great!

I know we are saying they aren't great, but I LOVE the phrase "crotch dangler" :rofl: its hilarious! Not in terms of babies...just in general!

Ukgirl nobody has offered me any stuff yet :( but I would have taken the nappy bin as you will still need somewhere to store the cloth before washing surely? :shrug: I am planning on getting a big bin with a lid for my cloth nappies, and lining it with a wet bag.

Nimbec I love the sound of your nursery, very cute. My nephew has three cream and one blue wall and it looks amazing!

We won't be going for a carrier or sling with this baby, but with baby no 2 definitely, so I don't need a double buggy as much.

Afm, was at work until 10.30pm last night supervising the school play which was good. Some of the girls were asking me about being pregnant, which is really the first time any of the kids have talked about it (bar that one girl who I told I wasn't!) so it was really nice. I also got some great compliments yesterday - a classroom assistant said my bump was very cute :mrgreen: and one of the kids relayed that a child I teach had said "she's so slim but she's getting this bump, and a really cute arch in her back" (I didn't know an arched back could be cute!!) so I'm happy!!

And my baby has been KICKING. Like all the time. Oh wait...scratch that last bit, not when dh comes anywhere near me to see/feel!!!!!

Lush bump kealz!!

Yay on the crib readytomum what an amazing bargain!!!

I'm going To hit the January sales for baby deals - cant wait! Although in already hunting on eBay & preloved ;)

dan-o I still haven't gotten much either, we are poor this month and probably will be until after xmas :(

Doggylover - it's because we are cloth diapering and we need a proper nappy bin which has a lockable lid and a handle, Then we will have to line it with nappy mesh or a wet nappy bag so I can just put it straight in the machine, So I wanna kind of look around for one which is going to do the job not just have a bucket so kind of like how you said :)
Lovely how good your students are being to you :) xx

Hi all I'm writing thi from maternity ward in hospital :( horrid afternoon took Bentley my chuihuaua for a walk on common and this stupid woman came with 5 big dogs an let go of the English bull terrier it pounced on me in attempt to get to Bentley stupid irresponsible woman!!! Poor bump took the brunt of it. Just heard hb what a relief but they want to give me anti d injection and doc still needs to see me and I have my first internal to look forward to just to make sure cervix is still closed plsssssss let everything be ok!!!!!!!! Just to add I owned an English bull years ago and love them but they are so powerful she should t have had it amongst 5 others!! Imagine if there was a small child playing!! Oh and she didn't even appologize!!!!

Hope everyone has had a good day!!

Doggylover your students sound very sweet but Blimey that was a late finish!! When do you break up for holidays? Do you get long off?

Oh my gosh nimbec huge hugs :hugs: I am so glad that hb is nice and strong, what a relief, but I'm sure you won't be completely happy until you are told you can go home as all is well. Some dog owners are so irresponsible. I am the first to admit our dogs aren't the best trained and have run at people in the past but have NEVER jumped on someone, and have NEVER gone after another dog. I hope you are home soon, get some rest and take it easy.

We don't break up for the hols until 21st December, which seems so late! And we have a week and two days, when we usually have two. I shouldn't complain as we get more holidays than really any other profession, but I will need the rest this year!!! :haha:

Awwww Nimbec, hope all is well! What a wretched woman to not even apologize!! And in a manner of speaking there was a small child playing, luckily safe and protected in your cozy belly! I would have given her a piece of my mind! Really hope everything is fine and you can get out of that hospital and enjoy the rest of your weekend.:hugs:

Hi all, so much to catch up on! Congrats to all the new scans and the great bump pics, i must post one soon!
Nimbec, so sorry to hear you are in hospital hunny, hope all is ok, dogs are powerful creatures ive been knocked clean off my feet before by a over excited lab.

We havent bought anything much yet either, we dont need anything really other than new bottles and also staying team yellow i am alble for noe to resist buying loads of cute clothes!

Love all the carrier and sling talk, As i think ive said before we used a carrier and now an Ergo with DS but mainly for field and woods walks with the dog.

Im at work today and tomorrow boo, but on Monday we have our scan! yay! :happydance:

When is everyone looking to start their mat leave any how long you planning to take?

Nimbec, I replied on your status but I'll reply here too, that lady is a douche!! Im glad all is okay, and the HB was good.

What is an anti D injection??

Melissasbump I'm a SAHM so I'm permanently on mat leave! :p I guess my job never ends though, I'll still have to get up a few days after birth and walk the kids to school and take care of baby.. that's gonna sting! :p xx

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend :) xx

When is everyone looking to start their mat leave any how long you planning to take?

I'm hoping to start on 27th march (due April 9th) as that's when our school holidays start, so ill be 38 weeks, and hoping to take the whole year.

My job situation isn't certain though, so I could end up unemployed at the end of the school year (that would be true with or without pregnancy) which would be crappy, but I'll still get paid for the same time, but just won't have a job to go back to. Which sucks. I won't find out until I'm on maternity either as I am covering a career break and she can have until May to decide.

Thanks everyone!! They are now saying may keep me in :( won't know until doc sees me. I do t think they are too worried as can hear bubs but because I am blood group resus negative it means if I bleed or bubs bleeds internally from bruising my body will attack my poor boy so this injection cons my body into thinking we are same blood group! A bit complex but I think from what they have said that's the gist of it. It's so worrying!

Plus oh is in such a strop!! He was due to be out with boys tonight and now can't go - well I told him to go but he wanted to drive me here and wait but boy o boy don't I know he's in a grump!! I think he thinks I over reacted but i am in pain and phoned Midwiffe just to check as stimach was tightening!! and am following their advice!! Bloody men!! He's normally supportive but not today!! Grrrrrr

omg nimbec men are so selfish sometimes!! Mine is an angel he is so lovely and supportive but if you ruin his plans or eat his snacks watch out! lol
i hope that all will be okay and the doctor sees you soon, maybe you'll get a cheeky scan ;) xxx

Nimbec give oh a boot up the backside. What a total d*ck he is being!! If there is ANY chance that ANYTHING could be wrong with baby he shouldn't be willing to take any risks.

Maybe he is very worried and its coming out wrongly? And if they are mentioning keeping you in you obviously have not over reacted in any way. Grrrr men!!!!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->