April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Hello ladies! Aw nimbec sorry to hear your in hospital and hope everything is ok! i know how worrying it is!!!! As for me, but of drama myself, last night bent over to pick lo up and heard and felt a pop in my belly near belly button! Was very painful but didn't think much of it! Woke up this morning and had a very watery bleed so called hospital and they said to come up straight away as it sounded like I was leaking amniotic fluid! So got up there heard baby hb and strong and steady! Anyway, had to wait around for bout 4 hours for a doctor but after an internal exam (no extra scan I'm afraid lol) all is ok, they cannot see any reason to bleed, cervix is closed and there is no pooling of fluid so they are happy to send me home with lots of rest! Today is apparently one of those days! Hope you get home soon nimbec knowing bubs is safe and sound xxxxx

Kealz I wonder what on earth the 'pop' was? Sounds bizarre! I'm sure it was scary, and I'm so glad to hear that LO is safe and sound in there.

Now, everyone else, I don't want any other hospital trips, ok?! Otherwise I'll be ordering you all to stay on bed rest!!!!

Nimbec, your OH is being a bit of an arse, nothing is more important than you and that baby!

Kealz, sorry to hear you have had a hospital trip too! how worrying! glad all is ok now though.

Lol@doggylover!

Hi Girls, been rather AWOL. Hope you are all doing ok! Sorry to hear about all the drama :(

I have my 20 week scan on Monday and I cannot wait!! xx

Gosh how worrying, I hope everything is ok nimbec. What a bloody stupid dog owner. I don't like taking my Chihuahuas out at all, in case we come across a similar idiot of a dog owner! Your DH sounds like he needs a clap round the ears too lol. Men!
Will be thinking o you and your LO xx

Kealz, how strange, and also very worrying for you! My first bleed was watery red, but mine was very obvious on the scan, so it does sound like your might be a one off bleed. Fingers crossed for you! Xx

Good luck for all your scans next week ladies, looking forward to all the new piccies!! Mines not for ages yet, I'll be almost 21 weeks!

Nimbex and Kealz! So sorry that you had these issues! I hope it all is resolved now and you are ok! Very scary!

Have not heard anything from Maybesoon yet. Scan is/ was today right?!? Excited to hear if boy or girl! and some more scans next week :happydance:
Very exciting time... everyone is finding out what they are having I believe now the fun part begins... shopping, planning

Hope everyone has a relaxing weekend.

So I went to see my pregnant friend today, despite the fact that she has been a total bitch to me lately, and you ladies advised I took some time away from her. Well this is only the second time in 8 weeks I've seen her, so time apart wasn't helping, so I thought instead I would provide some support in case the issue is she is having trouble dealing with the realities of pregnancy and needed someone to talk to. She didn't p*ss me off today, which is a good start, and a move in the right direction!!

However, she did say the following, which I find so strange;
1) she is not reading anything about labour/birth or going to classes as she "doesn't want to know what's in store"
2) same for breastfeeding as "the midwives help you sort it out once the baby arrives"

Is this normal? I understand she is scared as this is her first (mine too) and unsure what labour will be like, but in my book forewarned is forearmed. Do any of you ladies think the same way as she does? I can't understand it at all. :shrug: now I know I am a real researcher and like to read EVERYTHING on a topic, so maybe I am too far the other way?

Also, all her views are conflicting - e.g. Midwives teach you to breastfeed so she doesn't need to read anything....but she'll be discharged 6 hours after birth. She is having an epidural....but will be discharged 6 hours after birth. So when exactly will the epidural wear off and the midwives have time to teach her all this stuff?!

I tried to explain how reading about different bf latches could help, and she said "I don't think that's true. If you can't do it, having read loads of stuff isn't going to help at all." Now I know to a certain extent that is totally true...but surely knowing info helps?

Am I being too over eager in my reading endeavours??

oohhh can i join this group too please? :)

Of course, lovely! Welcome, and congratulations on your pregnancy! Share all then :haha: when is your due date? Do you know gender/will you find out? And how have you been feeling?

We're a busy little bunch of chatterers - it can be hard to keep up sometimes! But I wouldn't be without this lot or I'd have gone mad! So I'm glad to welcome a new lady to the fold!

oohhh can i join this group too please? :)

Of course, lovely! Welcome, and congratulations on your pregnancy! Share all then :haha: when is your due date? Do you know gender/will you find out? And how have you been feeling?

We're a busy little bunch of chatterers - it can be hard to keep up sometimes! But I wouldn't be without this lot or I'd have gone mad! So I'm glad to welcome a new lady to the fold!

Thanks hun, Due 30th but baby will most likely be here before then, as im having a section. Had to have sections with my other two children too. I have my gender scan on Monday at 10:30am, really hope baby lets us see the bits haha. Iv been good, no real morning sickness to speak of, just had to run away from bad smells and greasy smells.

I love a good old chat :)

I know Steph we need Maybesoon to get in here and cheer us up with her scan news after all the drama today. Sorry to hear about your scare too Kealz.

As for me, we went to look at strollers for the first time today. Quite the eye opener. Everything that was on my list is off the list and now I have new things on the list that I need to decide between. Phil and Teds was crazy heavy and the Maclaren I felt was just too light and wanted something a bit sturdier and cosier for a small baby. So, I really liked the baby joggers but I didn't like that they only face out (also why the Maclaren and P&T is off the list) as I realized that is actually quite important to me. I love the Uppa Baby Cruz but hate how bulky the fold is (its really more of a collapse than a fold :haha:) so then I came home and discovered the Baby Jogger Versa which can face forward and has the classic baby jogger fold, but you can't put a newborn in the main seat and I actually read its from 6 months on! :dohh: You can get a $200 clunky bassinet or you can use a car seat. Neither of which really suit me as I don't drive and want to be able to just fold the stroller on the go, by myself, if I need to get in a cab or on a packed train etc. Wish they would make an insert for it like the Cruz. So... if anyone knows of a stroller with a reversible seat, compact fold, weighs around 20-25lbs and is suitable from birth- let me know! But I think I am dreaming :haha:

Hi all I've got to stay in hospital :( :( :( but happy tone in best place for bubs. I'm not panicking (honest lol well bot too much!) I think they are just being careful!

Kealz so sorry I wonder what it was?! Please rest!!

Busy scan week I have mine in Tuesday too!! Although I'll be 21 weeks. Ooooh we will have some more gender reveals then!!

Night all!!

Just waiting for my first internal - yuk and typically I have hairy legs at least I've shaved my nether regions lol!

Welcome Jenny!

Nimbec, glad your are in the safest place possible and not worrying at all :winkwink: And, hospitals are always freezing, so better that you didn't shave your legs really :haha:

Doggylover, we already know that I am like you with all the researching and reading etc. For me that really helps me feel safer and more confident in the choices I make. But I know other ladies like your friend too who are happy to leave things up to the "professionals" and just take it as it comes. There is a girl I work with who told me she did no reading either and said "oh well the baby is coming out anyway no matter what you read" Ummm... my perspective on that is yeah, its coming out of my vajayjay which I am quite attached to so would like to know exactly how it will be coming out, and if there are ways to help us both get through the process easier, I wanna know! :haha: So I think both are fine ways of thinking, we just get freaked out by the people who are more nonchalant because our personalities are like "I must know!" So I know how you feel :flower:

And so exciting that we have so many scans coming up in the next few days :happydance:

Nimbec good that you are prepared down there.. I cant even see mine anymore lol xx

doggylover while some people like me and you need to research everything which effects us some people are the opposite and thats just their way of dealing with it I guess. I dont know if its normal but if its working for her let her carry on.
I had an epidural with my first child and I could get up after they stitched me and have a shower and walk around. As for the different types of latch its not important really. you just basically learn what works for you and baby as you go. its not something you can learn from a book. its hard to get it at first but it gets better as you go :)

I to the new lady!! Im on my phone tand cant see your nane sorry xx This is my third too :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->