April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

All this Chinese talk is making me hungry for the chicken and snow peas - that's it I'm having it for dinner!

Im the same, im eating big bars of chocolate nearly every day, along with chinese, fish and chips and indian!

I was worse with my DS though, couldnt eat any veg at all whereas this time i can and hes been such a healthy one so far (touch wood) so ladies dont worry, the baby will get what it needs even from chow mein!

You don't know how much better it makes me feel that you lot have told me this!!! I do have such a sweet tooth, always have, but I thought I would be able to do better than this during pregnancy!

To be fair, dh and I never get take out alone, it's only when we are with other people at their houses, and I can't exactly say "no! Cook me something healthy!" (Or this is what I'm telling myself! I know my mum actually WOULD do that! :haha:)

First time around I pretty much lived on crackers and hot tea for 8 months - had hyperemesis up until I delivered and literally couldn't stomach more than that most days. Lost about 40 lbs all said and done and DS was 5 weeks early and STILL 6 lb 2 oz, strong little guy and never had to go to NICU or anything. Trust me, baby will take what it needs from you and be perfectly fine (obviously not an excuse to eat garbage 24/7, but ykwim!) especially if you are keeping up with prenatals and eating a mostly balanced diet those slips ups are nothing to worry about.

Thanks Sweetpea :) I think I worry too much. And my brother always told me I would have such a hard time getting pregnant and it would be awful when I was because I eat such a bad diet (just because there are a lot of things I don't like, and he assumes I never cook meals for dh or I just because I never cooked when I lived at home) so I guess some of his comments have stuck in my mind and made me worry. But yep I'm up to date on prenatals and eat great from 7am to 5pm Monday to Friday...it's when I'm at home that I slip up!!!!

Phew!!! We re all the same!!! Gosh sweet pea that sounds truly hurrendous!!!!! So pleased you are better this time round :)

Me too... MS has definitely gotten worse since 2nd tri (??!?) started but NOWHERE near last time. A few times a week I actually get sick but mostly just feel sicky a lot of the time. I'll take it over my last pregnancy any day for sure!

DH just left to pick up chinese LOL!!!

Also I gotta admit when this thread had a lot of Pizza Hut talk a few weeks ago I had Pizza Hut the day I read it - talk about easily influenced :haha:

:rofl: sweet pea that's excellent! I would be the same though- the power of suggestion! Glad to hear this is a more positive experience during this pregnancy, but hoping you feel 100% better soon

Haha enjoy sweet pea !

I'm still struggling with nausea too :( and I'm constantly exhausted ....I'm a bit confused as I thought your ment to feel great in second tri ?!

Nos da (ooops thats good night in welsh!) all I'm off for shower and bed.

Haha enjoy sweet pea !

I'm still struggling with nausea too :( and I'm constantly exhausted ....I'm a bit confused as I thought your ment to feel great in second tri ?!

Nos da (ooops thats good night in welsh!) all I'm off for shower and bed.

My nausea went away, but I still feel pretty exhausted quite often, and I get winded so much easier now! I had to climb up a massive flight of stairs (with two landings!) the other day, and just looking at them made me want to cry. :haha:

I'm looking into joining a pre-natal yoga class starting in January though, so hopefully that will get me back into exercising a bit. I walk a fair bit, but that's it! I was having the most glorious nap this afternoon and when my alarm went off and I was praying that I was just dreaming.... God is was lovely. :sleep:

Chinese is super yummy. That's what DH and I had for lunch actually! We're having Taco Salad for dinner, so certainly a little more healthy. We have these really cool bowl shaped pans that you cook the tortillia in for a few minutes to make it crispy, and then when you take it out of the pan you have a bowl shaped tortillia to put your salad in.

Haha, Sweetpea, I also had Pizza Hut a few weeks ago when everyone was talking about it giving them the shits! :rofl:

And I admit as soon as I read Chinese today, I wanted it for dinner. It's just too expensive (because I'm way too lazy to go get it, as is hubby, so we'd have to call for delivery) so I'm grudgingly planning on grilling chicken breast to put on a salad. Blech. :haha:

My nausea has returned a bit the last couple of days, but I've been eating like crap so that likely has something to do with it. Time to clean it up!

Hey ladies just a quick pop in to see if maybesoon has found out but looks like he hasn't! Come to think of it I remember her saying something about her scan being a way away and her and oh making a weekend of it so she prob hasnt been able to get to computer!!! Good luck to all the ladies with scans tomorrow, don't keep us waiting, you are givin us our fix till ladies like me can find out in weeks to come lol!!! Lol goodnight everyone xx

Rolf at littlespy and pizza hut!!

Im so jealous of everyone with their chinese food mmmmmm.

We cant afford it so settled for beef mash and veg :( boringly healthy..

doggylover your oh feeling baby kick made me chase oh around all day telling him to put his hand on bump but still nothing :( naughty baby!! Lol

maybesoon went away for the weekend with her dh for their gender scan hopefully she will be back tomorrow with good news about hubby and baby :)

my oh is on black ops 2 again.. but Ive downloaded miranda harts new book so I am going to curl up in bed with that :) night all xxxx

maybesoon went away for the weekend with her dh for their gender scan hopefully she will be back tomorrow with good news about hubby and baby :)

Oh right! I forgot they had to go away to get it done and were making a mini-trip out of it. I hope there's some good news tomorrow too!

I'll have 2 weeks left tomorrow till my scan! Finally starting to get closer...:happydance:

I didn't have nausea in 1st tri but I have a little now :( as well as various aches and pains. For me 1st tri was a breeze and this one a lot harder...

I felt baby on the outside last night. We were in bed, we were reading and I had one hand on the belly when baby did the knock knock thing! So damn cute!!! Then DH wanted to feel also but the baby went to sleep. Poor DH doesn't get a break lol! :D

Oh lily that's great about feeling it on the outside! It left my hand tingling afterwards, it's so cool!

Readytomum I know what you mean about getting winded more easily, I'm exactly the same. I can still do our 2 or 3 mile dog walk no problem, but when I come home and look at the stairs after work...no way!! My aunt says pregnancy yoga is great for expanding the lungs and getting more air in so exercise is easier, so that would work great for you. Although take the elevator for the foreseeable future!!

So I was all excited about being 20 weeks tomorrow, but then I thought about how long ago it was that I ovulated...and that's what I have to go again until I get off work for maternity...and almost cried! It seems so far away!

Yey lily so exciting :) my oh is yet to feel it bubs can be kicking away and the as soon as he puts hand on - nothing lol cheeky boy already!

Doggylover I'm hoping to go to a prenatal aquasize this week hmmmm fx I can do it!!

Try not to worry about work the time will fly by! Honest look how quickly we seem to have got to 20weeks! Also please don't forget if your bit coping at work then the doc shiuld sign you off for a bit to recover - I know your not at this point yet but def something to keep in mind for later on (((hugs)))

Well I'm absolutely shattered today hoping to have a relaxing day but looks like I will have to take paint back (1.30hrs) round trip as when the nursery was painted one tub is darker than the other grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr so we have a dark line round the edge!!

Its gender scan day for me today, 1 hr and counting :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->