April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

thanks doggylover :D I am so excited it's like xmas come early, but the day after I have to go back to court so it's a bit bitter sweet :( I love your SIL's advice!! I never thought of that, I shall be taking a trip to asda next week to pick mine up! I will definitely post up pics of the cupcakes and gender reveal to facebook. OH thinks I've gone over the top but I dont care. this is my last baby so I'm milking it! :p

I just managed to upset someone on another thread oh dear :( I always manage to come across as judgy or bitchy without meaning it that way, basically she said if she was having a girl she would be ''bummed'' which hit a nerve with me because I think if you want a baby it shouldn't matter, although I know we all lean more towards a boy or a girl and those who are disappointed get over it quickly, I just couldn't keep my big mouth shut and said to her what I said up there ^ and offended a few people... eeek :/ Then they were like, oh well you're okay you have one of each and you're pregnant again.... like I choose my babies genders! lol.. I planned my babies (apart from Luke who was a pill baby but I wanted him regardless) So I'm not going to feel guilty for having one of each and being pregnant again! ... it seems like I'm getting myself into a lot of trouble with my opinions lately. I just can't seem to stop myself lol!! :/

lol ukgirl.... I find that on one of the other threads I'm on the ladies get upset extremely easy. That's really why this one is my favorite. It seems like for the most part we are all a lot alike & all appreciate advice & opinions of others even though we may not feel that way. This is my first so I'll take any & all suggestions!!!!

lol maybesoon it hasn't helped that during this pregnancy I tend to speak my mind I think it's hormones or something because usually I keep my mouth shut... smile and nod as they say haha.. oh dear! women during pregnancy are more sensitive too I guess, yesterday I cried because the carpets are dirty and I can't use my carpet cleaner anymore LOL!! blame the hormones always! xx

lol.... ukgirl I know exactly what you are saying. I can't keep my mouth shut for anything. I swear I'm gonna end up getting fired because I just seem to have absolutely NO filter anymore. And emotions..... I'm not a crier, I don't cry, I didn't even cry when my ex-husband beat the crap out of me & I was in the hospital. I just have never been emotional. I was telling oh this yesterday.... I don't know if it's him, the hormones or a combination, but I'm a basket case. I wear my feelings on my sleeve & he can hurt them in a heartbeat. It's hard for me because I react, then I realize that I'm reacting & I get mad because I reacted with emotion. He kinda laughed & said "I'm sure it's the hormones, but I'm gonna say it's that you are just madly in love with me & I've been a complete ass to you"!!! I just smiled & said, "yea, well stop being an ass & start being a sweet loving husband like I know you can be". It's been really good. I'm just trying to not get my hopes up.

aww maybesoon I'm so glad that he knows he has been an ass to you!! I really hope that all will be okay now and he will make the changes he needs to, to fix this for you all. I know what you mean about not being a crier, I'm not an emotional person at all, I like to just say how I feel if I have a problem but anything little that upsets me lately sets me off... it really must be the hormones because I'm exactly the same as you right now! xx

Oh Ukgirl don't worry about upsetting people! They must have known it would spark a reaction and there is a thread specially designed for gender disappointment so they could go there for support!!! I'm very much with you any healthy baby is brilliant!!

Maybesoon my emotions are all over the place too!

aww thank you Nimbec, I feel less like a bitch now! xxx

Exactly nimbec.... Yes I would love a boy.... But then the last few weeks I am really thinking I like the sound of a girl.... But either way, I honeslty could care less as long as it's a healthy baby. They both have their perks!

Ooooh how do u guys get non maternity pjs to fit?? I find them all to tight or massively long if I go for a big size :( I've tried rolling the waist band to below bump but I just can't stand anything remotely tight on me.... Any ideas much appreciated! Maternity ones are megga expensive!

I've gone for nighties Nimbec. my normal size PJs will probably fit straight after birth, I tend to loose my bump over night, I'll just buy then a size up and put some safety pins in my bag just in case they are too big I guess. It's my boobies I struggle with, I went from a DD to a GG over night after having Connie. None of my feeding bras were big enough, they had to wrap me in cotton wool and bandages while someone went to buy me more bras LOL!! I shall be prepared this time!

Great question nimbec! I haven't even begun to look at maternity stuff yet. But I can't stand anything around my belly & it's not even big yet! Everything I wear has to fit below my belly button or I can't stand it.

Hellooo!

Maybesoon, so glad you and OH had a great weekend and although you didnt find our the gender at least you got a nice long scan!

UKgirl, love the cake ideal as a gender reveal! Oh and re upsetting people, these threads are full of hormonal woman, its difficult not too, it would have annoyed me too from what you are saying.

Nimbec, never mind to losing the cotbed, its frustrating isnt it, but still plenty of time. Did you say it was a sleigh one? Love those!

So we had our scan today, am pleased to say baby is doing well and appears healthy with no issues so we are very happy with that. And dogglover yes we are still team yellow! lol
I also had a birth choices meeting with a lovely MW she was my midwife when i was pregnant with Harrison and remembered us well etc. The meeting was to discuss my last labour and birth and my options this time (ive mentioned before but i had an EMCS last time after a long drawn out labour. It was very interesting as i found out lots about my 1st labour and why it didnt go to plan etc, mainly due to his postition being back to back with chin up and sitting high up in my pelvis.
We went though the pros and cons of my trying VBAC and C section and it was all very interesting, and a well balanced discussion ie i didnt feel like i was being pressued to go for a VBAC, more leaning the other way actually, It certainly gave me food for though but im even more certain i want a section now.

*button up nighties for feeding ;)

maybesoon have you seen the under the bump maternity trousers? Those are good :)

ive got one pair of maternity pjs that i got in the sale at matalan last pregnancy and i LOVE them, i cant get any this time round as lie you say Nimbec so expensive. !

Thanks ukgirl.... I haven't started looking yet, but that's most likely what I'm going to be going with or something similar. I just can't stand anything pulled up over my belly or on it. Drives me crazy this early on, I can't imagine as I get bigger it bothering me any less!

So, for any first timers, my SIL gave me a tip this weekend: get your pyjamas and nighties etc for hospital soon. She said as its winter now, they are all nice dark colours, but come spring, when we are due, they will all be lighter colours...and therefore you can easily see any bits of blood etc on them. So I got some jammie bottoms in tesco for £6 yesterday. Will get a few more pairs soon.

I'll say this -- I HATED this suggestion when I got it while pregnant with dd1 because not wearing pants is weird/uncomfortable for me (I hate my legs... :dohh:) but I took the advice and was glad I did. I don't know how they roll overseas, but in the US, a nurse is going to come by your room and massage (hard!) your abdomen and check your underwear (yes, really) every few hours. So because of that, pants are a huge pain in the ass in the hospital. So, take a couple of pair for the ride home and for if you want to go walking around (haha), but mostly pack nursing gowns (or regular gowns if you don't plan to breastfeed). I had only taken one nursing gown thinking I'd wear the hospital's but I was much more comfy in my own gown, so I'm going to pack 2-3 this time. :thumbup:

Last pregnancy, I wore mostly sweat pants a size or 2 too big or yoga pants as pjs. But my bump is the same size now as it was just 6 weeks before I delivered dd1! :wacko: So, I guess I'll just play it by ear but I expect the huge sweat pants will still fit, at least, even if my yoga pants don't. I do have one pair of maternity yoga pants which should fit all the way through. I found the sweat pants on sale in huge sizes for like $3 each when I was pregnant with Maisie so got several then. :haha:

Oh, and emotions! What?! I seriously cry every day lately. The tiniest little thing will set me off. This morning, my supervisor called me and didn't ask how I was or say "good morning" or anything and just kind of (I felt) tore into me because I forgot to include something in an e-mail to our attorney on Friday afternoon (I had included the important stuff!). I explained to her that it wasn't a problem and that he hadn't responded yet anyway so I'd send it to him immediately and then I hung up the phone and just bawled like a baby. :rofl: :wacko:

Hahaha, and then this afternoon she told me if I wanted to leave early on Wednesday, I could (I didn't ask, but Thursday is US Thanksgiving so a lot of employers let employees leave early the day before as a courtesy/privilege/gift; except when I worked in food service, of course). But she said I'd have to make up the time in the other days I worked this week. It kind of caught me off guard because I've never worked for a supervisor who didn't just let me leave early the Wednesday before as a gift kind of thing. I've never had to work over the other days to make it up. So that made me cry. :haha: But she's being generous, I guess, letting me flex out a schedule so that I can get out of here a few hours early in the first place, so I should just suck it up. I just don't wanna have to come in early tomorrow and Wednesday and work through lunch! :haha: Such a baby. She's just rubbing me the wrong way entirely lately. Like, she's not even going to be here at all on Wednesday. She took the day off. And she took off all the days around the time we get off for Christmas and New Year's, too. Just very selfish. She doesn't even have small children! Sometimes I think as a supervisor/manager, it's kind of your obligation to be more generous to your employees and less selfish because you're making so much more money than they are and doing that keeps up employee morale and all that good stuff but she doesn't seem to think that way (and morale here suuuuuuccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkksssssssssssss). I guess I've been lucky to have considerate supervisors up to this point.

Oh asda will be a good place to look for jammies too ukgirl, great idea!

Some people online are insane. I rarely say anything, although I recently did get really annoyed (and stated it!) with a girl who basically said that myself and others who had expressed one opinion were intellectual snobs. She was so rude about it, and then accused me of taking it personally...she was being personal to myself and others! But again that's why I like this thread and one other I am on. We don't bicker about silly stuff, just get on with the brilliance of being pregnant and supporting one another.

And I agree any baby is a bonus :) but I know some people get really upset.there is a special forum though, so they shouldn't get annoyed when not posting in there (if that makes sense)

Nimbec, yep I got size 16-18 jammies from tesco (I'm normally a 10) and I am tall...but they are the longest things ever!!! It's ridiculous. Apparently the larger you are, the taller you are?! To be honest though, all my tesco jammies have shrunk so I'm not expecting them to stay too long forever!!!

Melissa sounds like your appointment went perfectly :) it's nice to be given all the options in a truly non-pushy way. And glad you are still on my team ;)

Littlespy I'm planning on getting jammie bottoms and nighties as I just don't know how I'll get on, so I'll have lots of options :) I'll look like I'm moving in when I turn up with all my stuff! Sounds like your supervisor is a lot different to what you've had in the past, and maybe now isn't the best time to try and get used to it. But if she isn't there on Wednesday she wouldn't know if you went home a few minutes early, right? ;)

Just a word of advice.. I would advise everyone to get at least a couple of nighties, the only reason is.. and this is personal exp, if for some reason you end up with a c section, you will NEED them.. you wont be able to wear bottoms

I'll be getting jammies & nighties also. I'm not much on not having pants on either. But I do live here in the us & saw how many times the nurse came in the room with my bestfriend back in July to check her rear end. So I'm sure I really won't feel like pulling my jammie bottoms down constantly for them to check me. I am not a girly girl, but I am an over packer as I just never know what I'm going to be in the mood for... Better safe than miserable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->