April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

^^ Ooh I like Payton and Quinn at the moment too xx

Is it too late to add me to the list?? :flower: my due date is 15th April

Am very excited as its a week today I will find out what I am having!

Xx

Welcome Jem Jem!!

Just got back from OB appointment and Emmaleigh is doing great!! I also get to get another scan on the 12th of Dec so i am really excited!!

Thank you :happydance: cannot wait to find out what it will be! Also just to be able to start buying a few things!

Good luck to all the other yummy mummy's in April x

Welcome jem!!!

Yay teamo one of each-how exciting! I lurveeee the pics :)

I have my scan 9am tomorrow hoping all goes well & they confirm team blue!

Welcome Jem!

Good luck tomorrow nimbec! I'm sure you'll get your blue confirmation. :thumbup:

TeAmo, super cute pic of your little man! What a handsome fellow. Choosing names can be really hard... thankfully DH and I agreed on names pretty easily, so we're all set whether we get a boy or a girl!

How did so much happen in like 4 pages?!

Congrats Jenny and Teamo, welcome to Team Pink! Congrats Melissasbump on a healthy yellow bundle, you are a tough one I could never have waited! And congrats Maybe Soon on a very naughty baby indeed! I think I had said you were either having a girl or a naughty boy, so I think I am going to guess boy since baby is so naughty! Glad you had a good weekend with your OH. Glad he admitted to his ass-ness. Admitting you have a problem is step one, after all, and his problem was most definitely ass-ness! :haha:

And now that I am mildly traumatized about needing to go and buy dark colored nighties to hide the blood, overenthusiastic post-partum abdominal massages and the possibility that my boobs may triple in size overnight.... :help: let's just think about something nice for a few minutes... like strollers :haha: I think I might have found what I'm looking for. There is a new Peg Perego stroller coming out called the Book Plus, that looks really nice. One hand fold very similar to a baby jogger, suitable for newborns with no inserts or attachments, and the seat reverses, and weighs the same as the Uppa baby Cruz (22lbs) which I didn't think was too heavy. There is also a version $100 less that doesn't reverse, but OH is all into the reversing seat. They're in a few places online already it seems but none in stores up here until sometime this month so I have already contacted them and asked exactly where and when! Apparently early next year they are going to have more colors too... so obviously I have already asked whether this will be before early April :haha: Obsessed.

Oh Doggy Lover your comment that "some people online are insane" made me laugh! That might be my fave line from this thread ever :friends: And I agree that there is a specific board for making comments like that and its there because there are a lot of ladies on here who have suffered losses, or are having a very hard time TTC and saying things like that is quite insensitive to those ladies in particular. Plus, saying you would be bummed about having a girl when you are surrounded by girls is hardly the best idea :haha:

Welcome Jem!

Teamo, your scan pic looks so much like mine at the beginning of my scan, all hunched at the bottom like a little turtle. So stinkin' cute!

And now that I am mildly traumatized about needing to go and buy dark colored nighties to hide the blood, overenthusiastic post-partum abdominal massages and the possibility that my boobs may triple in size overnight.... :help:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: but at least you know, right?!

I'm glad you found a stroller you like, it sounds like it will be perfect for what you need.

TeAmo, honestly when I looked at that photo of your ds again, I want to come round and squeeze his wee cheeks! (Please don't get scared, I promise I won't actually do this!) he is just too cute! I've decided if my baby is a boy I want him to look exactly like yours (so I can pinch his cheeks without getting arrested! :haha:)

Welcome Jem!! Never too late to join! Can't wait to hear your news next week about gender. And then hear all about how crazy you've gone shopping!

Ladies those names are so lovely. I think laynie is just gorgeous, and I really like that spelling of caitie as well (although autocorrect just tried to make it cavities!)

Have a good day!

Hi everyone just a quicki i'm back from my scan and they confirmed team :blue: YEY!!!!

Also healthy no problems seen phew!! such a relief. Hope you are all ok and i will catch up properly later i'm already behind with my to do list today LOL

Here is a pic of our boy!

Attachments

• photo(14).jpg
    photo(14).jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 7
Thanks ladies.

Welcome Jem Jem, im new here too.

Iv put dinner in, done the house work, and now im bored, God im so rock n roll haha.

Glad to hear all went well nimbec!! :thumbup:

I hope everyone has a lovely day today! I'm off teaching today, and then I only have 5 more classes left. (Not that I've been counting for the last month or anything...)

I'm a sweet potato today! Really hoping this will be the week I get to feel something I'm sure is LO.

Glad all is good nimbec!!

Hiiiii jemjem :) welcome to our crazy group

Omg the baby just done a flip or something I had a huge lump stick up as he or she rolled over and it hurt like crazy it was so weird... Ive been pregnant twice before with rolling babies but this felt different baby is still very active so hoping he or she is okay but my gosh is scared the hell out of me. 6 days til our scan yay!! Its feeling so close now that soon we will know. Its a little scary too incase any illness show up. xx

So I had to read back a few pages to catch up.TeAmo your little boy gorgeous and he looks so happy to be getting a little sister bless him! Squishable! Xx

nimbec cute little boy you have there too! He looks lovely xxx

well I didnt know they check your underwear in the us lol or massage your abdomin it sounds horrible!! In norway they check you once after birth and thats that. Im not sure about England but I do know they send you home as soon as they can which is scary vut I will be glad to be home with baby and my my family after.

Girl names.. we have one that we will defo use if ours is a girl and that is Arizona. we are stuck on boys names but I like blake. avery. devin and my 4 year old son likes nethen which os pronounced nevin I hadnt heard the name before but I do like it xx

CONGRATS nimbec on Team Blue!!!!!

ReadytoMum congrats on sweet potato!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Afm.... Well I stayed the night last night with dh. It was actually really nice. He is really trying hard right now & I went back & forth over it all day yesterday & I decided since he is really trying I need to show I am too. So I decided last night to head "home". Within 5 minutes his daughter was staking her claim on him & trying to get him all alone in her bedroom with her. I was really shocked when he called her out & told her if she wanted to be a part of the family she needed to come into the living room with the rest of us. Then of course around 3am she comes into the bedroom trying to get into bed with him. For the first time he told her NO & walked her back to her room & tucked her into her own bed. It was amazing actually seeing him working to do what he promised he would. This morning was great. We actually talked for a few minutes before getting up & getting ready for work & the kids ready for school. It actually felt like we were a family for the first time. I just hope it lasts!

Ukgirl, some name inspiration derived from Grey's Anatomy!? ;) I love your choices, they are so cute!!!!

I would say with you they will probably want you out of hospital asap, as you aren't a first time mother. I believe for FTM they keep you in overnight. And I sincerely hope there isn't the abdomen pressing Littlespy mentioned - it sounds horrific!!!

Nimbec glad the scan went well, and your boy is still a boy!

Readytomum - I am also counting down the teaching days...hours...minutes! until my next holiday!! Luckily we have exam week coming up which (although it creates a mound of marking) isn't generally too bad, and then just the run up to Christmas, which is DVD central!!! Now if I could only get to that point.......!

Haha Doggylover, we were joking about it because I'm a HUUUGE greys fan and I was joking to Aaron if we have a girl we should call her Meredith he laughed and said no way! SO I said Christina and he shook his head so I gave up and he said.. Arizona is a lovely name though, and I do love it, I always have so I'm happy to go with it. We are working on Sloan for a boy but I don't think that's gonna fly :(

I really hope there is no abdomen pressing either I wouldn't particularly like that very much lol.

Maybesoon- that is great news about you and OH!! I hope it continues!! It is really great that he is making the effort! :) :hugs:

We got a letter today from our solicitor, we are due in court next week for a hearing to request the documents from Norway, but the last office they tried had erased al files after 3 years of no contact so it's not looking good. I just want this all to be done with but now they are saying our case might run for a further 3-6 months and if it goes to a final hearing, which we are meant to do, in January, then I will have to pay and by that time our costs will be standing at £5,000,00 :( I can not afford that :( I'm so stressed over the whole thing, I've never stopped him having contact only after what he done to me infront of the children when we were alone I don't want to be alone with him in my home so asked for it to be in a contact center :( Sorry for the rant lol!

Doggy official halfway point for us today, yay!

Congrats to all the recent scans and genders (and having the willpower to not find out!) things are moving along so quickly. The holidays are quickly approaching and just think by the time they are done we will all be in, or close to, third tri!

Have to admit I am a little nervous about third tri because I have no idea when to expect baby - 35 weeks last time so hoping I can go at least that long this time. I'll be expecting her to come around 35 weeks and watch me go overdue - sitting around for weeks thinking it'll be any day lol!

I think we are going to start getting ready (packing hospital bags, putting up crib, washing baby clothes that are stored downstairs, buying diapers and wipes, etc) in late January and early February, waiting to get our tax return and just getting all the essentials that we need at one time to make it easier. We used a bassinet for the first few months with DS so even if crib doesn't get done that'll be fine. Def much easier the second time around as we have all the bits and bobs ready and just have to get the basics that need replenished.

Was trying to make a hospital bag list and getting overwhelmed the other night but then realized I didn't have ANYTHING last time and was pretty ok :) (in UK it would be harder since it seems you guys have to supply a lot of your own stuff) water broke unexpectedly at 2am a month early and there was just no time! Just planning for the basics this time after realizing that :D hoping to be able to leave hospital early this time as long as everything is going well so hopefully I won't need much anyways.

Love to all.

Oh! wanted to add that noone ever came to push on my belly or check undies after I had DS - the nurses would just ask how the 'flow' was and that was the end of it. However if I recall correctly my mom had told me they did it to her when she had me, and also I know some of my girlfriends that have had babies said they had it done too, and some not. I wonder if it's case by case, or nurse, or hospital? They did knead my belly a little when I was delivering the placenta but that's the only time I can remember.

In any case it doesn't sound very nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->