April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

oh ukgirl.... I'm so sorry... This type of stress is not what you need right now. I can't believe they destroy the records after 3 years! We keep ours 10+ years here. I can't imagine how frustrating it all has to be. I tell you that you have been really strong through all of this. Best of luck. I really hope & pray it works out really soon for you and your family.

Doggy official halfway point for us today, yay!.

:happydance: :wohoo:

And don't start packing yet! You're making me feel bad! But yeah, we have to provide everything. I heard they will give you nappies and even clothes in some US hospitals. You'd be lucky if they gave you the time of day over here (from what I hear anyway)

Just a sideline, UK ladies looking for tights- H&M Mama rights are amazing, soooooo soft and comfy! I got medium, but I'm not sure how much longer they will fit (first wear today haha!) but yeah, highly recommended!

When I had DS they had diapers, wipes, onesies, diaper cream, vaseline, hats, blankets, pacifiers, formula (I was bfing but it was available if I needed it)... and that was just for baby. I literally cleaned out the drawers when I left and had a ton of baby stuff to bring home. I used hospital gowns but def want to bring my own this time - but they gave me underwear, maternity pads, pads that you cracked and it was like a cold pack, witch hazel pads, spray to de-sting the episiotomy stitches, perineal squirt bottle, nipple cream... I can't even remember it all. They even gave me all new tubing/shields/bottles/etc for my breast pump (got it from DHs aunt) for free - basically everything except the actual machine part. Needless to say I swiped all that stuff when I left too. Also had toothbrush, comb, shampoo, soap, bathroom stuff, towels etc which I just left there. Made everything pretty easy and I must say hearing about you girls in UK I feel very lucky to have that stuff available!

Doggy don't worry I'm not packing til after the new year - was just making a list is all! I'm not THAT prepared :haha:

Just a sideline, UK ladies looking for tights- H&M Mama rights are amazing, soooooo soft and comfy! I got medium, but I'm not sure how much longer they will fit (first wear today haha!) but yeah, highly recommended!

I got the 100 denier Mama tights and they are fab! I also got the 100% organic cotton Mama leggins that are also super comfy but a little oversized for me.
I didn't find any nice clothes so i got some knit dresses from the regular H&M but in bigger sizes (Medium and Large)...

I was looking at strollers, carriers, cots, bouncers, baby baths, accesories etc everything under the sun :juggle: it was a lot of info to digest in one day!

I liked the Chicco Lite weight stroller, really nice and suitable for newborns too, while it is not too bulky. I think I'm positive on this one.

I found a cot on sale that I like but I fear it's too soon to buy it already, idk what to do as the price is pretty low right now but the room is not ready yet!:shrug:

I'm dead tired :p

Doggy official halfway point for us today, yay!.

:happydance: :wohoo:

And don't start packing yet! You're making me feel bad! But yeah, we have to provide everything. I heard they will give you nappies and even clothes in some US hospitals. You'd be lucky if they gave you the time of day over here (from what I hear anyway).

Well, along with a $20,000 bill for hospital services for me and dd, they gave me a receiving blanket, 2 newborn shirts, a pair of socks for me, some net one size fits all underwear, maternity pads, tucks pads, cortisone cream, numbing spray, diapers, and formula samples. Wouldn't exactly call it a fantastic deal. :haha:

Haha Doggylover, we were joking about it because I'm a HUUUGE greys fan and I was joking to Aaron if we have a girl we should call her Meredith he laughed and said no way! SO I said Christina and he shook his head so I gave up and he said.. Arizona is a lovely name though, and I do love it, I always have so I'm happy to go with it. We are working on Sloan for a boy but I don't think that's gonna fly :(

I really hope there is no abdomen pressing either I wouldn't particularly like that very much lol.

Maybesoon- that is great news about you and OH!! I hope it continues!! It is really great that he is making the effort! :) :hugs:

We got a letter today from our solicitor, we are due in court next week for a hearing to request the documents from Norway, but the last office they tried had erased al files after 3 years of no contact so it's not looking good. I just want this all to be done with but now they are saying our case might run for a further 3-6 months and if it goes to a final hearing, which we are meant to do, in January, then I will have to pay and by that time our costs will be standing at £5,000,00 :( I can not afford that :( I'm so stressed over the whole thing, I've never stopped him having contact only after what he done to me infront of the children when we were alone I don't want to be alone with him in my home so asked for it to be in a contact center :( Sorry for the rant lol!

Hang in there hun. Our starting fee that had to be paid down was 1500.00 dollars and it could run us all the way up to 5000.00 if things get messy. I am not understanding why they even destroyed these records at all??? I completely understand how you feel my ex is a creep and still tries to push me around infront of DH and kids. I think that is why he put the order on him too because the last time he did this DH stepped in and said something very hateful to him. Guess the Ex got the point. We meet at the police station and sign them in and out so they can see how he behaves now...given the point i have only seen them once since this all started and then i get them for 5 hours on Thanksgiving. Ready for this to all be over with hang in there hun. :hugs:

Holy crap Sweetpea! That list of stuff is amazing! But as littlespy said, you guys really pay for it! Even still...I love a 'freebie'!!!

Ukgirl I'm so sorry to hear about how much trouble you are having sorting legal matters out with your ex. It's no wonder you don't want him in the house considering his past.

sweetpea - thank you so much for the information about pushing tummies and checking pants, it got scary there for a moment!! lol I'm not packing my bag until I reach V day which is actually xmas week :D and Happy halfway day to you!! xxxx

Aww thank you Maybesoon!! I have been through courts in Norway and England since I got the guts to leave him, he's had Social services on my back for years, We've been fighting court battles for 5 years now I'm just so tired of it. This should be a happy time for our family and instead I have this over us. I never stopped his contact I have no idea why he's still fighting me :/ Other than for the sake of making our lives hell for leaving him. I told my solicitor that even after I left the physical abuse and most of the other stuff when I left our home I knew I would never be free until our children are old enough to make up their own minds xx

Doggylover THANK YOUUUUU!! I have been searching for maternity tights for court EVERYWHERE!! love you loads right now lol xx

Mammabrown I don't know why either, it's a small town so I thought they would have kept our records, the whole of Norway's population is the same as the amount of people living in London apparently, I can believe it. So I would have thought they would have kept it, I've gone through every document I have tonight and found some interesting stuff to give my solicitor. I really wish your situation can be sorted in one hearing it's disgusting the way they have handled your case! 5 hours on thanksgiving for the parent whole raised them is totally unfair when he has then 24/7. He should be made to give you more contact than that! My ex was monitored by child protection from the court report and he ignored our son when our son was hungry, they wrote in the report that he just wanted to play with them and didn't understand their mundane needs like food and to relax, Luke asked to put the tv on and he refused and made Lucas play with him, it's a lot for a 4 year old to have to give someone their full attention for 4 hours without a break for food or distraction. On another day he took the kids out with my dad, he put Lucas on his shoulders on a busy main road (uphill) and didn't even hold his feet!! My dad told him off but I can't even trust him to take them alone now so it has to always be supervised which is very hard to arrange, I arranged his contact in a center but he hasn't payed the center or confirmed his dates :/ I really don't think your ex has played fairly and I think that'll go against him in court largely. He has not thought of how painful it is for the kids to be out of their main home and away from their sibling and parents, it's tough for them and he's just used them as weapons basically so don't worry I think you will come out on top xx

Evening all

UK girl and Mommabrown, im so sorry again that you are both going though this crap with your exs, in my eyes it realy shouldnt be about who can pay for what legal bills etc but unfortunatly it does. I really hope for both of you this gets sorted out soon and you can both move on

Maybesoon, sounds like your OH is really making progress! Im so pleased for you and really hope he sticks with the good behaviour!

Sweetpea, i agree with Doggylover thats some list! Veey impressive but yes you pay for in indirectly i guess!

Nimbec so glad your scan went well and yay for confirmeration of team blue!

Teamo, congrats on your pink bump too!

Doggylover and Sweetpea! happy halfway point!

AFM, had a reasonable day today, my DS had his swimming lesson this morning then we had lunch then i went to Asda and bought some over the bump jeans, so comfy and only £16. I was meant to be going out with a friend for Thai tonight but she had to cancel as her little boy isnt well so me and OH are waiting for an Indian takeway! Well it is payday yay!
Oh forgot to say had a bit of good news re mat pay the other day, since my last maternity leave my work have increased full pay from 12 weeks to 18 weeks, so thats pretty good i thought.
And just coz i can:kiss: I thought id put some DS spam on here for you, this is my little boy Harrison!2012-10-09 16.21.12-1.jpg

Seriously you ladies have the cutest sons!!! Harrison's smile!! I could just cuddle him right up, and give the beautiful blond hair a good old ruffle! So gorgeous!

That's great news about your mat pay as well. I don't get any weeks at full pay so you're beating me lol!!

Will have to get myself to a big asda then for some more jeans :) thanks for the tip.

:hugs:Oh I hope your right. His story about what happened has changed and now is claiming my DD which is his too was the one that was tied up with DS so lawyer was pretty irritated about that. :growlmad:I have been divorced from him for 8 years and my lawyers still have all that on file and it has been so long ago!:growlmad: He is pushing for full custody with ONLY supervised visits and like you i feel the same way. It is the holidays and we should be together as a family but instead he has lied his ass off to take them away:cry:. Now all i can think about is they will never know Landon or Emmaleigh. They won't get to be there for her birth or any of the other milestones to share with us.:cry: Never kept him away and always let him have them when he wanted them which was only on the weekends so his family could see them:nope:. Your Ex is a MORON! Oh like the kid is never supposed to eat or be entertained because your right a 4 year old doesn't have the attention span of an older child even then they aren't going to give him full attention for 4 hours. He is being lazy and expecting you to do all this for him. He just needs to grow up and stop all this BS with you and let you guys move on in your life!!!!!!!!! And as for the not holding him WTF?? They will show their true colors is court and this will be over for both of us hopefully!

oh Mommabrown the story sounds ridiculous! It surely can't stand up in court! I'm sure the judge will hear it and laugh. Liars always come out in the end! changing his story is just an indication of how his story doesn't add up. As if you would tie up your children haha!! thing is after he has done this you have the right to say he is a danger to your children. I really hope this is sorted soon its so silly. I can't believe it. When you get them back you need to get residency of them so he can't do this again. My ex is a lazy git haha, I even have to send the kids to him with a packed lunch box!!! can you believe it! xx

I'm with doggylover! You ladies have the most adorable boys! So cute!

ukgirl & mommabrown. I don't know how ya'll have done it this long. I would be pulling my hair out. I swear I still fight with my ex husband over my step-sons. They are mine I don't give 2 shits what the law says. I raised them without his help from 3 & 4 to 12 & 13. They will honestly tell you when asked they would rather be with me than him. They really can't stand him.

Oh my word ladies your ex's sound awful ((((((hugs)))))) to you both and yes your right the truth will come out in the end!!

Harrison is soooooo cute!

Well I've had a great afternoon a friend popped over for coffee and we talked baby for 3hrs oooops was only ment to be a quick stop lol she is due 2 days before Xmas!! So good to have a giggle with someone who understands what it's all about!

Hope you are all ok!

Congrats to everyone on the half way milestone!!!

Wow won't even make his kids a lunch!!! SMH:nope:

Yeah it is really stupid and for the life of me i pray the judge sees through his lies...especially because there are 2 different stories on documentation with his lawyer and when he filed the Protection Order. I am doing exactly that...can you imagine what they think or feel right now...I am so broken hearted because i am supposed to protect them from this! Thank you for letting me rant at you! I feel lousy and miserable and it has helped to get a little frustration out.:hugs:

mommabrown, I'm here whenever you need to rant or vent :hugs: It's not a great position to be in it's good to know you have someone in the same sort of place to talk to you about things xx

Thanks Ukgirl. My family isn't much help as they don't get it and really irriate me...well it seems being pregnant it doesn't take much so in their defense i don't handle their snide remarks to well right now.

Nimbec how exciting...i have two friends who are due in January and their complaints are so far worse than mine especially because it is so much harder on them at this moment. Makes me feel pretty sad to even have a complaint sometimes.

Anyone feeling pressure down below? Emme is pushing down pretty hardcore and when i sit up straight or stand up for long periods of time i feel like i am carrying a bowling ball on my cervix that is going to fall out at any moment!

Mommabrown... I think you are handling it very well. Feel free to rant anytime we are all here for you.

Pressure... I've been feeling it for the last few weeks. It is really bad when I stand up. I swear it feels like my uterus is going to fall out!

:hugs: to you girls dealing with the courts - this is the time for no stress and it is just piling up for you two. I would be going mental by now!

On the 'freebie' front - I do my best to ignore the huge expense of insurance but like littlespy said its the least they can do! My comes right out of my pay so what I never have in my pocket I pretend like it never was taken away - it's the only way to look at it without wanting to cry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->