April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

how is it going now Lily? xx

mommabrown how was the day with your kids? Sorry to hear DS has the flu, hope he feels better soon xx

So my oh has man flu and after he left for work this evening I've slowly been coming down with a sore throat and headache :( I KNEW I would get sick before my scan.. KNEW IT!! really hope it shifts before court because I have anxiety and emetaphobia and I need to be healthy to deal with those situations stress free :( x

I couldn't reach my doctor, the stupid office lady didn't even set up the answering machine to leave a message :p

On the other hand after the coffee, marshmallows, dinner and a few tangerines baby started moving! Haven't felt it for days so it is a huuuuge relief!
Thanks for all the support and good vibes you sent me!

I don't have a HB monitor, I think I would get easily obsessed but after this little incident I will do a search on the internet to buy one.

Oh gosh the flu... Hope you guys will feel better soon! I had a nasty cold for a few days, couldn't easily breath, especially at night, but it is going away now. I'm lucky it only lasted a few days and no fever.
Looking forward to stop working soon...

Lily I thought I would be obsessed with my Doppler, and dh wouldn't let me get one.but then my SIL told me she had one and I got it at 16 weeks, and honestly I maybe use it once a week and that's it.the first few days were a novelty, but now I don't use it much at all, but it is good for "emergencies" (of the hormonal, irrational thought kind!!!)

Glad to hear baby has given a good kick, I hope you are feeling more relaxed now :)

I was the same Doggylover! I used mine almost everyday at first and now I barely use it at all.... maybe once a week or less. But it is great to have, for those moments of fear.

Hi ladies, just checking in. Sorry I haven't been on much lately, been pretty busy this week.

Maybe soon- glad to hear you had a good time with dh at the scan. Too bad baby wasnt very cooperative. Hopefully things continue to go forward in a positive direction!

Lily- hopefully baby is fine. My little guy doesn't move a whole lot either, only a few kicks every now and then.

Now I am past the miscarriage stage I now get worried about stillborn or prematurity. I read a sad story of a baby being born premature at 24 weeks...and didn't make it. :( it made me cry! Only three weeks until i'm 24 weeks...no way i would be prepared emotionally for that! I just pray this baby will stay in there for quite a while longer and not come out too early! My next big milestone is making it to third tri...5 weeks to go!

Ukgirl- get some rest and take care of yourself! It's no fun being sick! Hope it doesn't get too bad and you recover quickly.

Bitysarah- congrats and welcome to team blue!

Afm- work was busy this week since we only had three work days (we had thurs off for thanksgiving and I took Friday off as well). I went shopping this morning to see if I could get any deals on baby stuff. I did get some cute clothes, a boppy pillow, and my mom decided to get us a crib as our Christmas gift. Overall, i am happy with our purchases. Then I came home and took a long nap! Now time to exercise some of that thanksgiving dessert off!

Good luck to all those with scans coming up and sorry to anyone I missed. I do try to browse and read the pages even when I am busy so as to keep up with everything but its gets chatty in here sometimes and moves so fast! It's nice to read the stories and how everyone is doing, though. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

UKgirl it went good...my DS told me his dad told him what to say and pretty much my heart sunk into my chest...i talked to him about lying and told him i loved him and that no matter what i hope he did the right thing.

Court is Monday and i am so stressed out. I feel like the worst is going to happen and keep praying that the truth just comes out and the judge sees that.

BJ i told DH i put Emmaleigh in a turkey coma on Thanksgiving because she barely moved at all but that night she was kicking up a storm as soon as i laid down! We avoided all shopping it was to crazy to tackle being big and pregnant this year.

thanks bjs.. The man flu is all gone now I'm feeling much better :D yay xx

mommabrown.. O...M..G!! that is terrible! I can't believe the lengths he would go to to get your babies off you!! He's really sick making his kids lie like that! I know the judge is going to throw your case out so do not stress, there is no history of violence in your home I'm guessing and the police are not at your home for any bad reason I guess, so why would you suddenly out of the blue hurt your children, it obviously a lie. Chin up hun you are strong keep fighting, your kids need you to fight for them xxxx
I have court on tuesday I am starting to psych myself up to it otherwise I'll freak out lol xxx

Good luck girl....i think that is what I have done to myself.
No history of violence or any other problems either. That is why i am so taken off by all of this.

Mommabrown, I hope your ds is able to stand up to his father and do the right thing in court, but it can be so hard for a child to "disobey" a parent, even when they know what they are doing is wrong. Fingers crossed your ex hasn't got as much power over you LOs as he thinks.

Can everyone on this thread feel their babies move already? Am I the only one who still hasn't felt a thing? I know she's in there, and periodically I check with the Doppler to make sure her heart is still beating, but haven't felt any movement yet at all :(

Can everyone on this thread feel their babies move already? Am I the only one who still hasn't felt a thing? I know she's in there, and periodically I check with the Doppler to make sure her heart is still beating, but haven't felt any movement yet at all :(

I haven't felt a thing, was worrying! but had a scan this week so I have been reassured!!!

I haven't felt a thing, was worrying! but had a scan this week so I have been reassured!!!

I haven't felt anything yet either! At least nothing that I'm sure is baby. I feel some weird gurgles or swishes maybe, I don't know how to describe it... but I'm not sure if it's baby or a noisy tummy. :shrug: So I'm with you on the waiting!

Ladies don't panic! My SIL didn't feel my nephew until 24 weeks! So every single baby and pregnancy is different.

Is anyone in the UK going private? I was reading a thread from a girl in labour and birth asking about whether it was worth it, and told her that (as my brother the doctor told me) there is no real benefit as you see the same doctors who are employed by the NHS and when you go into labour you end up just seeing whoever is on call. She was really rude to me about it :(

Horaaayyy half way day for me!!!

Doggylover the choice is completely yours hun but in my honest oppinion it isnt worth it.. the nhs do the exact same thing except its free xxx

Oh exactly, I agree totally!!! It's just this annoying girl in another forum who was rude when I told her exactly what you said (more or less!) My dad offer to pay for me to go private and my brother went on a big old rant about how it's stupid as you end up in an NHS hospital anyway with the same doctors!

Happy halfway!!!!! :wohoo:

Oh doggylover she sounds silly. Ignore her xxx and thank yooooooouu.. scan tomorrow!

Is anyone else getting period type cramping? X

I had some cramping yesterday :( I think it was because of too much housework though. They say its pretty normal to have cramping when you would have had your period, so if you have a 28 day cycle, then at 20 weeks it would make sense, but definitely ask tomorrow at the scan. Also.....gender tomorrow!!!! How exciting!!!

Eeeek I cant wait.. Im getting nervous now.. I have made our gender cake boxes.. today Im making the cakes 6 pink and 6 blue take both with us to hospital and when we know sort them out and deliver them on our way home lol.. I will post up some pictures when i get on the laptop.. my son has stolen it to play club penguin :(

I will ask about the cramping tomorrow :) thanks xxx

I hope you don't get the cakes mixed up!! I can just imagine everyone's face when you had to go round giving them out new cake!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->