April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Haha I know that woukd suck I have seperate tins for them... i hope they can tell us the gender lol imagine if we dont find out... lots of cake for meeeee xx

Whoo hooo scan time Ukgirl those cupcakes sound rather yummy too!!

Doggylover I just backed you up on the other thread you are 100% right and did answer her question! Some people grrrr

Well I'm shattered dad and step mom just left it been a long few days between my chuihuaua terrorising his cern terrior and my dad insisting on doing my tax return (to which I'm not organised at all and seem to have lost all my fuel receipts - ooooopps!!)

Oh we'll may pop back to bed for a snooze! Or sleep on sofa watching the catch up of X factor & I'm a celebrity....

Also having major dilemmas on which furniture to buy grrr decisions decisions!

thank yooooou JenX - it says to drink 650ml of water an hour before your scan... I hope I can keep it in LOL might pee my pants on the scan table :p

wooohoooo nimbec I'm so excited, my cupcakes came out perfectly, just waiting for them to cool now, I'm not sure if I should make butter icing to go in the center or buy some betty crocker vanilla frosting :/ tough call... will put up pics later

I love Xfactor but I'm a bit bored of I'm a celebrity after Helen kept getting picked for trials... plus the bugs makes me feel icky :p I've been having a lazy day today too, I'm not even dressed today. Well it's sunday we have the perfect excuse :) xx

Hope everyone is having a good day today so far! :flower:

My sister and future SIL are picking me up this morning to take me to COSTO. (a huge and amazing bulk/family size grocery and houshold items store) It's one of my favourite places to go shopping! Especially near Christmas, because they have such cool gift ideas to look at. We don't have a car or a membership, and they have both... so hurray!

Then after COSTCO I'm hoping we'll have time to go to IKEA. They have a low and wide bookself that we want to pick up. We've been slowly picking away at re-organizing our apartment to make room for baby stuff in the nursery and this extra bookcase is one of the things we need to get before we can move more stuff out. So I'm really looking forward to that! The plan was to wait till over Christmas break to start moving stuff, but I've been doing a little bit here and there because I can't wait!

Don't worry! Nothing heavy. The other day I had to move the books from one bookcase to another, but I didn't want to have to carry them. So I piled them onto my wheely computer chair and pushed it down the hall to the next room and then took the books back off and put them on the new shelf. No heavy lifting here. :thumbup:

Hiya everyone, wow lots to catch up on as I've had lots going on and the wedding reception on Saturday! I need to by a note book to take notes on here as I've had to filter through like 12 pages haha and don't remember most of it! Mommabrown glad you had a good thanksgiving and got to have some quality time with your kids! It's horrible ur ex is usin it ds like that and putting the poor love through this making him say things like thy! I truly feel for you an our children and hope it all works out in your favour for your family in court!

Ukgirl yay on the scan and lovely idea! Glad you r feeling better!

Lily28 glad you felt baby move and got the reasurance! It's horrible to go a day or so with out feeling anything! It's nerve wrecking!

Doggylover some people are just rude! Don't pay any mind to her! She wants to waste her money to get the same treatment and her own room (whee she will be forgotten about) let her!

Readymom, emotional days are the worst and hope your ok now!

I'm really sorry if I have forgotten anyone I know I probably have :(

Afm, wedding was yesterday and it was lovely, but I wore heels and an underwire bra and sat in the most uncomfortable chair and was in agony for most the night! Didn't help that Paige was soooo enjoying her self on the dance floor, and I wanted to dance with her but juš couldn't! She was the talk of the party, everyone (even people I don't know) was commenting how lovely and happy and cute she is praising us etc! Made me so proud! But today I feel like a cripple literally, I can hardly walk my back and hips have ceased up!!!!!! 9 days till my scan eeeek!!!! Hope everyone is ok xxxx

ooooh I love Ikea! do they have a restaurant in the american ones? We have a bookcase in our bedroom which has to be moved to the front room so I shall be adopting your computer chair technique :p xxx

I've just finished my gender cakes here are a few of the best pictures, inside filled with either pink or blue vanilla frosting :D

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/76341089@N03/8216920973/][img]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8197/8216920973_80a8ec58a2.jpg[/url] 20121124_131928 by Diamond449, on Flickr[/IMG]

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/76341089@N03/8218005904/][img]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8487/8218005904_464ae32d74.jpg[/url] 20121124_131915 by Diamond449, on Flickr[/IMG]

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/76341089@N03/8218002190/][img]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8344/8218002190_d63e7396d6.jpg[/url] 20121124_180227 by Diamond449, on Flickr[/IMG]

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/76341089@N03/8216913893/][img]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8070/8216913893_7905245d64.jpg[/url] 20121125_163521 by Diamond449, on Flickr[/IMG]

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/76341089@N03/8217991760/][img]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8209/8217991760_b38d9186e7.jpg[/url] 20121125_164955 by Diamond449, on Flickr[/IMG]

Doggylover I just backed you up on the other thread you are 100% right and did answer her question! Some people grrrr

I saw, thanks so much! I was starting to wonder if I had just gone mad lol! Another girl also backed us both up. Maybe I was being over sensitive to her response, but sometimes I think people get annoyed when they don't hear what they expected (me included no doubt :haha:)

UK girl I LOVE the cupcakes!!!! I can't wait to find out which colour is going to be given out!

Kealz sorry to hear the wedding was a bit of a tough day, and that you are suffering today. But at least you know that you'll produce another little show stealer like Paige and it will all be worth it in the end! I love kids dancing at weddings, cute central!

Readytomum I love ikea, we are getting all our nursery furniture from there, and most of our house stuff in fact is from there!

Afm, it's freeeeezing here! Had a big walk up the local mountain (lol!) today with all my dogs which was super, and I always feel so much better after getting a good bit of exercise :)

OMG those cupcakes are sooo cute!!!

After a week of a sleepy baby now my LO is moving regularly every afternoon right after tea! Plus I have the suspicion he loooves mandarin oranges!

Let me vent a little:
I have this friend and neighbor that she has an 1 year old daughter, and it is a blessing to have at least 1 woman friend that became a mother so recently. So I invited her for tea yesterday to chit chat, but the girl is totally out of line!

She started telling me I shouldn't get a cradle or a cot or any stuff :O She offered me the wicker basket that her daughter slept in when she was baby, and I said I would consider it but am afraid of how secure it is. If the baby is an energetic one the wicker basket can turn over easily, this is why I'm looking into cradles.
She went on and on about the cot, and that I shouldn't get one and just go and buy a regular single bed...:dohh:

Then she said the thing I should consider most is the car seat. She knows that I don't have a car and I don't drive btw. I told her I will let this up to DH as I don't use a car, maybe only once a month or so.

Then we talked about DH's home office that will be moved to the library room, it has plenty of space and it makes more sense. The room he has his office right now is designed for a nursery with baby closet etc.
Of course she had an opinion on this one too, and told me that we have to find a bigger place for DH to have his own room too (as if a huge library with a view in the park is not enough), and that this place is not safe for babies.

She kept saying that I wasn't ready to be a mother, that the adjustments are huge, blah blah blah, overly patronizing, assuming, offensive etc... I didn't want to reply to her something equally offensive, so I just told her, "oh well we just have to wait and see how it goes right? It isn't like I can change my mind right now, can I?"

WTH???:growlmad:

BTW this is the woman that called me when she found out I was pregnant to tell me about her horror labor of 3 whole hours!!!!:dohh:

I can't deal with the crazies honestly!

Have a wonderful week everyone! This is my last week of work yay!:happydance:

Thanks lily!

OMG your friend is so silly sorry to say!! You can not put a newborn baby or a baby who is under 2-3 years old in a cot bed! They roll and climb out and then they are off!! lol Get the cot, I did, I'm not bothering with the basket, mine barely used it and it was a huge waste of money. This is your baby, your pregnancy and your choice! You can do and buy whatever you like, thank her for her advice but you dont have to take it.

NO ONE is ever ready to be a mother! No one is a naturally amazing at being a mum, we all learn as we go, your friend is very rude, you are going to be a great mum! You don't need friends like that putting you down when you need support.

She sounds utterly bonkers!! I would have loved to be in labour for 3 hours! lol I got 23 hours with Con and 3 days with Lucas! lol Anyway it's not as bad as women say, you just have to breathe and the only really bad bit is the bit at the end before you push. Then it's over within an hour.

Omg seriously Lily she isn't a very good person to talk to about babies and motherhood she sounds like she's one of those, one child know it alls! Sorry for the rant but how dare she talk to you like that! grrrr

anyway... scan today.. and I have stomach ache.. hope I dont poo my pants!

Lily she sounds like a nightmare!!! You are trying to reach out to other moms for support...not to be told you basically have no idea what you are in for and you have no idea how to set up your home for a baby. Well, you are SOOOOOOO lucky to have this wondermom on hand to help you out.............................

Argh, nightmare journey to work today leaves me arriving as the first bell goes, to find a parent waiting for me, and I am stiff as a board from our mountain walking yesterday. NOT A FUN MONDAY.

Thanks lily!

Omg seriously Lily she isn't a very good person to talk to about babies and motherhood she sounds like she's one of those, one child know it alls! Sorry for the rant but how dare she talk to you like that! grrrr

anyway... scan today.. and I have stomach ache.. hope I dont poo my pants!

THANK YOU! My thoughts exactly!:wacko:
Not only I didn't get any advice or sense of friendship/support from her but she was outright hostile and "know it all".

I'm entirely open to advice from other moms, I actually go up to strange women and ask them about their stroller or some accessory they might have for info. It is hard not having females around you that are mothers (at least recently). The one that I could find is c r a z y...
I know next to nothing about all those baby things but I'm willing to learn. However I'm not without common sense and I know when someone is bullshitting me.:growlmad:

I'd love to have a 3 h labour btw, I think she is not worth listening to, she has this desperate need to sound like a martyr or something.

This is why I find this forum invaluable!

Good luck with your scan today, pls tell us how it goes, and I hope your tummy feels better soon!:flower:

Lily she sounds like a nightmare!!! You are trying to reach out to other moms for support...not to be told you basically have no idea what you are in for and you have no idea how to set up your home for a baby. Well, you are SOOOOOOO lucky to have this wondermom on hand to help you out.............................

Argh, nightmare journey to work today leaves me arriving as the first bell goes, to find a parent waiting for me, and I am stiff as a board from our mountain walking yesterday. NOT A FUN MONDAY.

Lol wondermom, I know right? Just my luck!:haha:

Take a hot shower tonight to have some relief of the stiffness!!!
Mountain walk sound nice though! :)

Hi ladies, Just wanted to pop back (I hope you don't mind!) I hope you are all doing well, and those little babies. We are pregnant again after the miscarriage at end of september! Super nervous this time, but hopefully get to catch up with you guys in the future sometime. xxx

Congratulations mommaofthree! Glad to see you are back and wish you a happy healthy 9months!! X

Hi ladies, Just wanted to pop back (I hope you don't mind!) I hope you are all doing well, and those little babies. We are pregnant again after the miscarriage at end of september! Super nervous this time, but hopefully get to catch up with you guys in the future sometime. xxx

:happydance: Yay congrats mama! Lets hope this little bean sticks! I wish you health and happy 9 months!!!:flower:

Yay congrats momma!!!!! :)

Ukgirl I'm on tender hooks waiting to know if the boys are catching up or if girls are ruling all the way hehe! Hope all went well!!!

Congrats mama!

Lily sorry you had a horrbile experience with Mrs. Know it all! I am with doggylover that woman is batty!

Ukgirl cannot wait to hear which team you are on!!!

I have court today.....Ugh Im so stressed out and ready to have this over with! I will let you girls know how it went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->