April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Hi ladies, Just wanted to pop back (I hope you don't mind!) I hope you are all doing well, and those little babies. We are pregnant again after the miscarriage at end of september! Super nervous this time, but hopefully get to catch up with you guys in the future sometime. xxx

So glad to hear your wonderful news! Try and relax and I have everything crossed for you that this time you get a beautiful little sticky bean!

Mommabrown :hugs: good luck today. I hope everything goes your way, and your ex hasn't managed to pollute the kids minds too much. Make sure and let us know how you get on.

Ukgirl...NEWS PLEASE!!!!! Also, any spare cupcakes, send them my way :haha:

Afm, my back is SOOOO sore today. I must look miserable because everyone at work keeps inquiring about how I'm getting on!

OMG your friend is so silly sorry to say!! You can not put a newborn baby or a baby who is under 2-3 years old in a cot bed! They roll and climb out and then they are off!! lol Get the cot, I did, I'm not bothering with the basket, mine barely used it and it was a huge waste of money. This is your baby, your pregnancy and your choice! You can do and buy whatever you like, thank her for her advice but you dont have to take it.

:haha: I don't know what kind of child she has that won't roll or crawl right off a ledge, but she must be a lucky one. I can't even leave my 16 month old dd dead asleep in the middle of our queen-sized bed for 2 minutes to go pee without worrying she's going to wiggle/roll right off! I make hubby come in to watch her if I have to get up for even a second. :wacko:

Personally, I found no need for a cradle but I know plenty of people who loved their rock & plays (which is essentially a cradle, I think). Dd has slept in her crib or bouncy seat or swing (because the girl didn't sleep at night at all for the first 2 months) from day one. Now she sleeps in her crib or in our bed between us (because I'm attached... :blush:). I'm even considering buying a 2nd crib because I'm not sure she's going to be ready for a toddler bed (with a guard rail & everything!) by 20-21 months when this baby is born.

Now she sleeps in her crib or in our bed between us (because I'm attached... :blush:). I'm even considering buying a 2nd crib because I'm not sure she's going to be ready for a toddler bed (with a guard rail & everything!) by 20-21 months when this baby is born.

Heh, LO won't be ready, or mamma won't be ready? :winkwink:

mammabrown: Good luck today!! I hope the right thing happens. :flower:

ukgirl: Hope the scan goes well and that LO co-operates so you can hand out those cupcakes!!! Can't wait to hear which team you're on!

mamma: That's fantastic news!! A H&H 9 months to you!! :hugs:

I'm still pretty torn on how we want to do the sleeping thing. We have a crib (the full size stand alone thing that can convert into a toddler bed when they get older), and the main plan is to use that. That hope being that if we start off in her/his own room, we won't have to go through quite so much drama trying to make the transition from our room to their own room later!

We definitely can't do the co-sleeper cots/baskets or whatever they're called because we only have a double bed, and DH isn't a small guy. So there's literally no room. I've been debating about getting a small craddle to put next to the bed to make nighttime feedings a little easier, but I don't think I'd do it in our room room anyway since it wouldn't be very comfortable...so if I have to get up to feed, I might as well just skip the craddle in the room altogether and save some $ on that.

eeek I've been sworn to secrecy until our parents finish work and know the news :/ :( xx

OMG your friend is so silly sorry to say!! You can not put a newborn baby or a baby who is under 2-3 years old in a cot bed! They roll and climb out and then they are off!! lol Get the cot, I did, I'm not bothering with the basket, mine barely used it and it was a huge waste of money. This is your baby, your pregnancy and your choice! You can do and buy whatever you like, thank her for her advice but you dont have to take it.

:haha: I don't know what kind of child she has that won't roll or crawl right off a ledge, but she must be a lucky one. I can't even leave my 16 month old dd dead asleep in the middle of our queen-sized bed for 2 minutes to go pee without worrying she's going to wiggle/roll right off! I make hubby come in to watch her if I have to get up for even a second. :wacko:

Personally, I found no need for a cradle but I know plenty of people who loved their rock & plays (which is essentially a cradle, I think). Dd has slept in her crib or bouncy seat or swing (because the girl didn't sleep at night at all for the first 2 months) from day one. Now she sleeps in her crib or in our bed between us (because I'm attached... :blush:). I'm even considering buying a 2nd crib because I'm not sure she's going to be ready for a toddler bed (with a guard rail & everything!) by 20-21 months when this baby is born.

She is a hippy who sleeps on the floor, her poor baby freezes every night :growlmad:

For at least the 6 first months I need the baby beside me so the baby has to sleep somewhere and I find cradles a nice solution, there is no room for a full crib in my room, wicker baskets are so flimsy. When baby is a little older and doesn't need many night feedings he can sleep in his crib in his nursery, right? I don't trust a little baby on a normal single bed, not even with a guard rail.
Of course the baby is always welcome to sleep in our bed lol, but let's assume we can manage to sleep separately!
Honestly this was the first time I heard anyone tell me to not buy cradle or crib!!!:shrug: It was as if I asked her to buy me this stuff...:nope:

I'm still pretty torn on how we want to do the sleeping thing. We have a crib (the full size stand alone thing that can convert into a toddler bed when they get older), and the main plan is to use that. That hope being that if we start off in her/his own room, we won't have to go through quite so much drama trying to make the transition from our room to their own room later!

We definitely can't do the co-sleeper cots/baskets or whatever they're called because we only have a double bed, and DH isn't a small guy. So there's literally no room. I've been debating about getting a small craddle to put next to the bed to make nighttime feedings a little easier, but I don't think I'd do it in our room room anyway since it wouldn't be very comfortable...so if I have to get up to feed, I might as well just skip the craddle in the room altogether and save some $ on that.

I was looking into co sleepers and they are just cradles with one side open, and 4xmore expensive :wacko:
I want to have both options open, the chance to have baby beside me for night feeding and checking up on temperature, breathing etc, as well as the option to nap in his own room.
I will see how it goes.

I don't have a problem buying too many stuff because I have a storage space and my sis will use everything when she has her babies.

Anyways 2/3 of what I'm getting are gifts from relatives so I don't see the reasoning behind her trying to deter me from getting the stuff we need.

She doesn't use a bed, a cradle, a cot, nothing, good for her. I feel like I need more options and I can't let poor baby sleep on the floor. It's not a dog! I had a bed for my dog btw!

Nooo UKgirl nobody will know that we know!!! :haha: Can't wait to hear!

Lily...she SLEEPS ON THE FLOOR? No wonder her advice sounds nuts!!!

We are going all out on the sleeping front - a cot, a swinging crib AND a moses basket (I think that translates to a crib, a cradle and a basket/bassinet in US speak!)

The cot for obvious reasons for the nursery for after 6 months old.
The moses basket from my SIL (new matress) for downstairs
The swinging crib for our room.

We were just going to have the moses basket and transfer between upstairs and downstairs, but I just LOVE swinging cribs :blush:, and when we went to Mothercare, DH pointed out the exact one I adore and said he loved it. So this is very much a parental indulgence rather than a necessity!! :haha: But hopefully it means that if baby doesn't like sleeping in one of these things, we have PLENTY of other places instead (pram has a carrycot suitable for sleeping as well!)

Also lily :rofl: at "I had a bed for my dog btw" My dogs have an amazing number of beds as the outdoors ones are always getting wet...your friend could do with coming to take a look at our house. She'd have a heart attack!!!

ok hehe I guess I can tell you all as long as you keep it secret until later :p hehe xxx

Spill spill spill we promise! Cross our hearts hope to die stick a needle in our eye pinky promise hehe!!!! Xx

hehe ok..... we aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrreeeeeeeee TEAM........BLUE!!! and omg he has huge balls lol xxx :p

hehe ok..... we aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrreeeeeeeee TEAM........BLUE!!! and omg he has huge balls lol xxx :p

Aaaaahhhhhh yay congratulations!!!! Awww bless his big balls lol!!!!! Have you told the kiddies yet? X

Yay!!!!! Congratulations!!! And welcome to team blue camp :) so jealous of all your yummy cupcakes hehe

thank yoouuu .... yeh they are over the moon, well Lucas is mainly, he jumped up with both hands in the air and shouted yess!!! I knew it!! lol xxx

Aww bless him! Now that you know, did u have any feelings or old myths that would have said boy? Like heart rate etc? Lol only 8 days till I find out!!!! Xx

Congrats ukgirl on Team Blue!!!!

Hello Ladies! Hope everyone is doing well... It's going to take me a month to get all caught up. I haven't been on since last Wednesday..... EEEKKKK!!

I ate entirely tooo much over the Thanksgiving Holiday! Spent the entire time with dh & it's honestly going very well so far. We had an amazing weekend (2 in a row)!!!!! He's really being pretty amazing. For the first time since I got pregnant it's actually feeling like a family. He is still appologizing for not handling things well & for the problems he caused. It seems as though he honestly understands what he did wrong & wants to be a better husband. He's a million times more affectionate. He has cut the ex girlfriend out completely as far as I can tell. He has given me access to his phone & computer to prove he has nothing to hide anymore & gain my trust back.... Not to say he can't just delete texts as they come in (yes I have the mind of a detective). But I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and he seems to honestly be happy. We got his kiddos back last night & he's even making an effort to show them we are a united front. He is showing me affection in front of them, which is totally new. I am still just tryingt to take it one day at a time & not let my hopes get all crazy high, but the last 2 weekends & last week have truly been amazing.

Good Luck to anyone getting a scan today!

I need to take a pic of my bump this week. I swear my baby grew 10lbs in the last week!!!! lol

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Bless Lucas's reaction! I'm sure Connie might not have been SOOO over the moon at another boy in the house!!

well the heart rate was high which made me think girl but I knew deep down it was a boy, I kept calling the baby he by mistake, both me and my partner dreamed the baby was a boy but we heard that the gender is the opposite of what you dream so that was wrong for us, Chinese gender predictor was correct, the ring on string test was wrong, and when I posted a scan pic of the skull and nub most ladies said girl so that was wrong too... I say that intuition is best and that none of those old wife's tales are true xxx

Lol Candy, sounds like you should get double checked to make sure it isn't a girl! Oh no wait...sorry forgot about the huge balls :rofl: Glad to hear all those things are rubbish as mine bring me out half girl half boy!!!!

Boys are catching up! we are now
12 :pink:
8 :blue:
2 :yellow:

haha doggylover well she did have a momentary look of sadness on her face but once I told her that it means that on mummy daughter days she gets all my attention she brightened up and came to look at the outfits we had brought him. So she seems a bit happier now lol.

Maybesoon I'm so happy for you that everything is going so well now. I hope that he stays that way for you and baby :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->