April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

doggylover.... I have been wondering the same thing. I am planning on asking my doc at my Dec 11th appointment about that type of stuff.... I darn sure wanna get my epidural class in for sure before I go into labor!!!!

Awww littlespy I was so worried before my scan incaae sonething was wrong I thinknits normal to be a little worried... imagine if shes actually a he lol good luck in your scan xxx

in my area we have to call the hospital at 20 weeks to book in for classes I will sort mine out after cpurt xxx

Ukgirl: Hurray on Team Blue!!! That's so exciting. :happydance: I'm glad LO co-operated for you.

mammabrown: You look great! (and I love your bump! Gorgeous!)

maybesoon: It's great to hear that things are going along better with your Dh. Hopefully he's gotten over the childish reaction to baby news for good, and is ready to buck up and do the things he needs to do! Fingers crossed for you lady!

LittleSpy: Good luck on your scan too! Hopefully what you already know is confirmed!!

doggylover: Over here at least you have to sign up for pre-natal classes yourself and they're not cheap! Most of the hospitals offer them, and then some mother and baby organizations offer them as well. DH and I are hoping to do a weekend crash course one, because the other option is once a week for 4 weeks, and that will be much harder to schedule in for us. I've done a lot of looking around at the various programs offered though to see how they differ so we can pick one that's best for us. Some of them are *very* "hippie" like, which is not our personality or style at all, so those ones aren't for us!

As for clothes... I'm right there with you ladies! I don't see the point in spending a fortune on children's clothes either. Especially baby clothes when they grow out of them sooooo quickly! All of the little outfits I have so far I've picked up at Value Village, which is a massive second hand clothing store. As far as I see it it's no different than getting handme-downs from anyone else, so why not? I have some gender neutral clothing on its way too that one of my cousins is saving for me which is great!

I love how thrifty we all are! Another reason why we all get on so well!

Maybesoon I think I will have to ask my midwife at my next appointment (next week)

I need to write a wee list to take with me to remember to ask her stuff!

Ukgirl I may have to do the same...but nobody has told me! I hope I don't miss any deadlines booking into classes...

Doggylover I didn't get told and booked in till 6-7 months pregnant for my classes with Paige, an didn't actually have the class till 34 weeks!!! Had the tour o the hospital at 37 weeks! And my midwife never helped me with my birthplace either, I asked her bout it but she was very vague and basically said its up to me! My sil ended up helping me write out my birth plan in my notes... So this time I'm gonna talk to them sooner coz as a 1st time mum I didn't know anything or what to ask when with Paige! I'm not taking no for an answer this time! Xxx

same maybesoon haha should be called April penny pinchers!!

I live in a crowded city area so maybe they ask us to book in sooner, Ask your MWs they should be able to tell you when you need to apply for. I think first timers get the routine viewing of the labour rooms lol

No joke ukgirl!!!! At least you ladies don't make me feel all cheap because I find it ridiculous to spend tons of money on baby clothes that could be spent elsewhere! I have a couple of friends & family members who their kiddos never wore the same outfit twice. I just think that's insane. And $30.00 or more for a pair of baby shoes that never even hit the ground.... Are you freaking kidding me.... Maybe a couple of dollars or so but hell no will I be spending more money on a pair of baby shoes than I do for myself (which isn't much)!!!

Happy Monday Ladies!

UK how exciting... another boy to add to the list :hugs:

LittleSpy, I'm sure all will be great but FXed nevertheless!

As for clothes, OH and I went out yesterday and actually bought two halloween outfits for 6months for $3 each! I plan to do the same after christmas! That way we can buy them on sale this year, for next year :haha:

Oh and Mommabrown, How did it go?? You look beautiful btw.

Readytomom, we have the hospital classes as well. I wasnt planning on taking any classes (figured I get more information on here then anywhere else) but maybe a class wouldn't be the worst? :shrug:
For those of you who have been through this, do you think its worth taking a class?

Steph I love baby Halloween outfits!! And Christmas ones! My child will hate me as I'll be dressing them up in seasonal novelty outfits all the time!!

Kealz thanks for that info about your classes. It's good to know they won't happen until later on and I haven't missed out.

I know we definitely don't get a hospital tour - we get a hospital tour on DVD instead. I was told that at my first appointment...insane or very clever?!

Steph.... The only classes I plan on taking are the epidural (because it's required) and breastfeeding. As for birthing classes all of my friends that have taken it say it's a waste of time. So as of right now, I'm not taking that class, but who knows, that could always change before this is all over.

Has anyone else noticed that they get really out of breath easily? I realize I am carrying pretty high & that is squishing everything.... But UGH.... I was mopping the floor yesterday & noticed I was out of breath before even getting half of it done. I also have to sit down & rest pretty often.... So annoying. I was just wondering if it is normal this early on?

Oh and Mommabrown, How did it go?? You look beautiful btw.

Readytomom, we have the hospital classes as well. I wasnt planning on taking any classes (figured I get more information on here then anywhere else) but maybe a class wouldn't be the worst? :shrug:
For those of you who have been through this, do you think its worth taking a class?

I wasn't actually planning to either. I remember my SIL saying the ones she went to were useless. But then i saw someone else mention something about how invaluable they are and started to panic :rofl: I'm so easily influenced!!!!!

I mean I know how to change, hold, bath, dress etc a newborn, and I have read a lot about labour and breastfeeding, so I don't know...I think it may be good for dh though?

Doggylover I think your right about DH ahahaha. Mine has never changed a diaper so this may be interesting :haha:
Maybesoon, I figured some of the classes were just common sense and since I plan to get the epidural, I don't care about breathing techniques ahahah. I'm sure I would punch OH if he tried to tell me how to breath during labor lol.

My sil told me the classes were useless too but I still wanted to go anyway! I mean yeah they show you how to bath clothe hold baby etc, but thy also show you breastfeeding positions, videos then answer questions! They talk about different kinds of pain relief, which was where I decided I was adiment I would not have pethidine (sorry for spelling lol) another a form of opium!!!! But they also goth rough the labour, how it all happens, choices you have in labour etc, they teach you things ou shouldn't do while in labour like once baby's head is out to wait to push till the head is turned etc you have to listen to your midwife in labour, and sometimes in the moment your not really listening but at least if you know what to expect then you know to listen for things! I came away feeling better about it all really! But some people that were at the class said it was a waste of time! I had never watched anything about child birth etc or even one born every minute, I can just about watch 16 and pregnant etc coz I'm squimish lol so it helped me! Hope that helps! Xx

lmao Steph... Yeah, dh & I talked a lot about that stuff this weekend. He's been through this 2 other times, but he said he didn't want to push the past on me & really wanted this to be "our first". He has changed so much in the last couple of months!!! But we decided the breathing class crap was totally OUT!

Now I'm getting worried about who to have in the room with me. My Mom is being a total shit right now. She is completely pissed for talking to dh & thinks I should have cut him out of mine & the baby's lives completely. She said that if I go back to him then she wants nothing to do with me. Luckily my Dad is more understanding & has told me that if he earns a second chance then he deserves it. But if I allow my MIL in the room then my Mom will go balistic... UGH, she is killing me right now. So I'm thinking maybe just saying it's going to be dh & me only.

Kealz that sounds good to find out about the different parts of labour, and pain relief as well. I find it so difficult to get accurate information about pain relief here, a wide variety of info, because everyone has just used one or two things and not everything. I need to know about all the types!! :wacko:

Now I need to find a post it and write down all this and stick it on my maternity notes so I remember to ask midwife!

Doggylover I think your right about DH ahahaha. Mine has never changed a diaper so this may be interesting :haha:
Maybesoon, I figured some of the classes were just common sense and since I plan to get the epidural, I don't care about breathing techniques ahahah. I'm sure I would punch OH if he tried to tell me how to breath during labor lol.

Never changed a diaper? Oh dear. lol Your poor Dh will have a steep learning curve then. :haha: Thankfully mine just dotes on our little nephew, so he's pretty good at the diaper change (though not very quick), and he's good with the rocking to sleep, bottle feeding and cereal feeding stuff too. It's actually quite endearing to watch him with our nephew. I'm so lucky that he's actively tried to learn some of these things ahead of time. :cloud9:

I don't think any of the classes are mandatory here, but I think for my own reassurace, and for DH's too, that we're going to attend one of the hospital ones. It goes through what will happen when you arrive on the day, breathing techniques, basic complications and what to expect, breastfeeding and what happens once you leave the hospital and go home etc.

Kealz thanks for the info. You maybe right... ugh I guess there is still some time to decide lol

Mabysoon, I'm sure your mom will come around! You still have 4 months to let her warm up to the idea. I am also torn as to who I want in the room. I was thinking just me and OH (even though he is hoping to opt out lol and wait in the waiting room :dohh:. Told him that he could get that out of his head right away haha). If you mom still has decided to not talk to you by the time LO is due, then she wont mind MIL being there right?

Readytomum my dh is exactly the same with our nephew! Has only changed a handful of nappies (and maybe only two dirty ones! I always get those!) but it's been great for him to get some experience before ours comes along.

The friend I have who is pregnant, neither she nor her dh have ever changed a nappy! That'll be some fun in their house!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->