April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

That's ok, sometimes midwives just don't answer your quations the way you want them too, its almost like a rush, I don't know if anyone else feels like that with their midwife but I certainly do! So the class helped answer questions I had, and learnt things I hadn't read in pregnancy books, made my desicion to have Paige with gas and air and a tens machine I rented! Yay readymom, week tomorrow for me it's all so exciting!
Sorry your mum is being unreasonable about your situation maybesoon, hope she comes round soon x

Steph.... My Mom is still upset because I accepted my MIL's offer to take me shopping once we find out the baby's gender. She has it in her crazy head that since dh made some mistakes (pretty big ones, but still mistakes) I shouldn't have anything to do with him or his family. I tried explaining that his family did absolutely nothing wrong & I'm just happy that they want to be a part of our baby's life.

My Mom holds grudges for forever, so I'm sure she won't come around & will be totally pissed about everything I do from here on out.

My dh on the otherhand has stated he will be in the room come hell or high water. I told him I'll be the loudest screamer in the hospital. He laughed & says he bets I won't scream once. He's a lot more confident about my birthing our baby than I am...

lol.... It just seems like I can't win for losing. Finally get the dh to come around & now my Mom is causing problems.... If it weren't for family I might actually be a sane person!!!

Oh Kealz you used tens before? What was it like? Dd you find it very beneficial? I am very seriously considering using one, so it'd be good to hear how you got one. Also, where did you get it from?

And yeah, I feel my midwife rushes me, and for some reason I clam up and don't ask what I need to!

I can't remember the site ill have a look and let you know! It was like £23 I think and I got it at 36 weeks and had to send it back by time lo was month and bit old! For the most part of the contractions it really helped, my constructions started at 3am, and I started using not long after that, by about 11.30 that night my contractions were too strong and i needed to get the hospital and tens was not helping like it was earlier, by 1 am the next morn they have me gas and air and I don't remember too much till the pushing really, when Paige was born and pains were gone I realised the tens was still on lol I hadn't realised! It really helped me, you have to make sure pads are in the right place to really have it work properly so your dh will have to have a read of the instructions and put it on for u! Ill have a look on my bookmarks on my laptop tomorrow to see where I go it from! X

Yeah I get like that as well I forget things tenni come out and I'm like oh crap, so I write it all down now lol so I remember to ask her! Lol x

Really a tens unit? I have one that I use for my back off & on ever since I had back surgery in 1999. I never thought about being able to use it during pregnancy. I'll be asking my doctor about it... Thanks!!!

If you do decide to use it maybesoon make sure you find outif your tens is suitable to be used in pregnancy, if I'm not mistaken a normal one is different to a pregnancy one! And you can only use it from 36 weeks onwards! X

Thank you kealz! I think I'm going to take mine with me to my next appointment and ask my doctor what she thinks.... That is.... IFI can remember!!!!

Oh Kealz you used tens before? What was it like? Dd you find it very beneficial? I am very seriously considering using one, so it'd be good to hear how you got one. Also, where did you get it from?

And yeah, I feel my midwife rushes me, and for some reason I clam up and don't ask what I need to!

I used one!! :cloud9: it was heaven. I used it as soon as i was put on the drip to start contractions. i just used it on constant until they became stronger and I needed gas and air. Hubby had the job of pressing the boost button everytime I was having a contraction. It defo helped me maybe not so much to get rid of pain but it was a welcome distraction to the hell of the contractions I will be hiring one again for this labour!

On another note. I felt baby kick my hand this evening. :happydance: so so so happy! was amazing. I forgot how incredible that feels xx

Its bad news For me ladies....ex got kids and i get visitation every weekend but Dh still cannot be around them for a year!!??!!! It is so ridiculous. Im really emotional right now and can barelt type through the tears but i will tell you more tomorrow when I've calmed down a bit .

Its bad news For me ladies....ex got kids and i get visitation every weekend but Dh still cannot be around them for a year!!??!!! It is so ridiculous. Im really emotional right now and can barelt type through the tears but i will tell you more tomorrow when I've calmed down a bit .

Mommabrown! I can't believe this, I am so sorry and just can't imagine how you must be feeling right now. :hugs: Is there some kind of appeal process or how long is this put in place for? It just seems so severe and crazy :nope:

Phew! It has been busy in here. Only just read through all the posts. Congrats on your baby boy UK Girl! Sorry to hear that now your mum is causing you grief Maybesoon. Doggy Lover- My MW gave me some info about the birthing classes at my appointment last week, so 21 weeks. She told me to read through and sign up for what I want. Probably we are going to just sign up for the "childbirth with a midwife" class, which is supposed to be more focused on natural birth, and the differences between going with a MW vs an OB. Thinking of skipping the hypnobirthing type thing. We are doing the one that goes for a whole weekend instead of the multiple weeks of evening classes. So it will be like birthing bootcamp for us newbies :haha:

Thanksgiving weekend was quite crazy for us, lots of visiting, plus I worked Black Friday and on Saturday. I also did a ton of online shopping for bub. Lots of things on sale, cloth diapers buy one get one free or percentage off, baby legs legwarmers a third of the price, my nursing pillow half off etc, crib mattress a bit cheaper, the cute little baby animal prints for the nursery on sale etc. So, we dropped some cash but got everything on sale. Still the big items to go like car seat, co-sleeper, stroller etc. Smaller stuff I am going to put on the registry and hopefully friends and fam will get some of that for us. My MIL also got us some diapers when I told her some of the deals. Also got some yarn on sale to knit up some more soakers and longies. Also did an Ikea trip and got a few organizational things (drawers for inside of closet, drawer dividers etc). Feeling a bit more organized now that some stuff is ordered. :thumbup:

ETA awwww, I was gone for so long baby became a banana without me even knowing!

I am sorry to hear that mommabrown, I am social worker in the uk, but have also worked in the USA for a number of years. I just can't get my head around the private law system over there and how decisions can be made about custody without thorough assessments being undertaken etc. Actually, you could sometimes say the the same over here initially but before final decisions are made very detailed assessments on all parties including the wishes and feelings of the child are all taken into consideration. Thinking of you x

Mommabrown I cant believe this. did they not appoint a social worker to your case and file for safe guarding checks to be carried out? Im so sorry hun I though he would have lost for sure! I wish I could hug you right now. You have to appeal that descision.. it is so rushed and unfair and without evidence or running any checks the judge should never have come to that arrangement so fast! Im actually angry for your situation xxxx

So so sorry to hear that news momma brown :hugs:

Thanks to everyone for info on tens and antenatal classes too.

Afm- starting throwing up at 4am and haven't stopped since. I have an inkling (dunno where from...) that I have the vomiting bug my nephew had two weeks ago. Terrified of getting dehydrated as my sister told me her friend ended up in hospital three weeks ago as she is pregnant and had it too. Cannot keep anything down.

And just to clarify- I am not a good patient!!!!!

Momma brown I'm so so sorry! :( the justice system is crap! I trulyhope ur ex gets what's coming to him one day, karma is a bitch! We are all thinking of you, and are here when you wanna talk! Big hugs xxx

Doggy lover hope u feel better soon hun! Last thing you want!!!! Xxx

Mommabrown this is so unfair! So sorry hun! Please see to it if you can appeal in court to have unlimited visits and DH to get granted to be there as well. I'm sending you big hugs and good vibes!

Mommabrown, just poped by and read your post, so sorry to hear the news regarding your other children, you poor thing :hugs:

Ok so hear is what happened....

My Ex said all the same crap in court, Then the teachers come in and say after the Protection order was put in place that Brandon started saying this story too. But in the beginning he was saying he didn't know what happened which is the truth. They took DD and Youngest DS and of course seen there was no harm for them but there was for Brandon ONLY!!!!!!!! Yeah ok whatever our Lawyer laid down and didn't do shit in the end. I don't know what to do or where to turn but i feel like i am losing my oldest two children and there is nothing i can do about it. DH is so devastated by this...he has been there since she was 2 and he was 6 months old. So now i guess i am on the hunt for a new attorney for the custody battle, in which they want a speedy trial!

Thanks Ladies...DH and i are so at a loss....It really helps to have someone that can talk to me while we are going through this difficult time.

Oh mammabrown it sounds a shambles really. there is no evidence. I thought in America you were innocent until proven guilty? At least there is a further custody case. you need to gether up all you can against the father and proofnof how good you are as a mum. statements from teachers doctors friends etc etc.

I was also in court today althouh it did go the way I hoped I always feel really deflated and insecure aftrrwards wondrring if I had done or said something wrong :/

There is an armed rapist on the run in our area. hes been running aroundbhere for 3 days now. the helicopter goes over and sirens go up and down the main roads. Im on tender hooks on the school run and when the kids are at school. its very hard to live here. last niht he broke into a house up the road from me so Im very alert at the moment xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->