April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

UKgirl, urrghhh thats so annoying about your OH and the name. He should have just kept it quiet as its a lot more difficult for people to critizise when the baby is actually here. And for your info i think Bentley is very cute!

Re furniture colours i like white, babys furniture is currently pine but the new furniture we have for DS is white, i think its a lot to do with the type of house you live in too, we have a modern house but if we lived in an oldy worldy one then id like to have that type of furniture.

Well we have just been out for a nice wintery walk this moring and its nice to get some fresh air to be honest. I havent felt right since having Norovirus last week been throwing up randomly and constant awful headaches which i was at the doctors about AGAIN the other day. Not that anything can be done about them, she just signed me off for a week and im back next tues. Have managed to get most of my xmas shopping finished and wrapped now so thats a bonus!

Candy I love the name Bentley, don't let that stupid comment ruin it for you!

About furniture... I have no relationship with decoration, I like practical simple things and not a lot of knick knacks and clutter in the house. I'm not one to get excited about choosing fabrics curtains etc. Most of my curtains are hand me downs. Well half my furniture are hand me downs and the rest are IKEA. All I care about is that they serve their purpose and are not there just for decoration.
With nursery I will be getting IKEA crib and chest of drawers, in white as it is a neutral and I can use whatever color sheets I have any day.The rest are a mix an match from various catalogs I'm looking at. Not a fan of too much color as I like things to be simple.
I just hope we don't end up with a nursery that looks like a white cell and baby gets psychological problems.. hehe! On the other hand I can;t stand the nurseries with TOO much color (especially the orange and green bleh) this is my nightmare: https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/13-eli-graysons-35084

Yea I think we may go with Benson or Bensen not sure how to spell it yet. In our area we dont pronounce our Ts in a word so his name would be pronounced Benley which is nice too but hard to explain in school and stuff. I just got so fed up with all the negativity around it.

I find white furniture looks lovely but get marked quickly. I thinknour cotbed is pine and the cupboards in my room are also pine so that is great I just have to buy matching cot drawers and the cot top changer. After straying away from the obaby zezu to the petite star maxi plus Im back to the obaby zezu again Im getting sick of strollers. I secretly check out other ladies strollers at the school and they all pretty much look the same lol.

Mellisasbump Im.glad you are feeling better now. Hopefully the headaches bugger off soon! Everyone seems to be getting the bug at the moment. I have Connie home today. she was sick yesterday morning and I cant take her back to school until tomorrow. I think her problem may have een too much xmas tree chocolate though! Good you have a week off!! Xxx

melissabump i'm pleased you are on the mend - slowly but surley!

Well i have to go to hospital this afternoon as i'm having very weird runs of fast hb and i think it's confusing my pacemaker grrrrr it feels really weird as my pm is there to beat when my heart doesn't - i think its totally confused about my fast beats. well or that my heart has decided to behave differently for what ever reason! I'm quite short of breath too :( Hopefully they will sort me out and may be rejig my settings or prob put me on a 24hr tape. This is prob not going to help my plea for a normal birth :(

nimbec: I think we should totally all post pics of our nursuries once they're done! It would be great to see everyone's finished results after talking so much after furniture and colours and cribs etc.

I know I'm itching to start getting mine put together!! But the crib is at my parents house and the chair cushions that we're getting new fabric on aren't ready yet. And we still need to move most of the stuff out of that room before we can really move anything in. Christmas break is our hopefull goal for getting in there and getting that stuff done! Just so hard to be patient till then!

Hello all.

Do you mind if i join you?

I'm expecting a little brother for my DD on 26th April.

Hope you don't mind if i don't catch up on everything that's been said so far, as i see you have 655 pages worth, so i think it would probably take me until my due date until i finished reading.

Hope everyone is as happy and well.
xxx

Welcome Louise!!!! No need to catch up all you need to know is everyone is really supportive and we chat like mad lol!! Guess you already guessed that tho!

Congratulations!

What country are you from? We are a real mixes thread!

Louise -- Congrats & welcome!

nimbec -- I hope they get you straightened out and that you feel better very soon!

ukgirl -- Boo to your OH! I think Bentley and Benson are cute even if they're not my taste. It takes all kinds! I would never say anything negative about a name someone had chosen (at least not to the parents! =P). My opinion should certainly have nothing to do with that decision. That's one of the reasons I don't think we'll be sharing our name (should we ever actually make a decision!) with anyone in person (will probably tell online :winkwink:). Last time, I wanted other people's opinions for some reason but this time I really don't care what anyone else thinks. :shrug: We're just having a really hard time with names. We had a hard enough time last time but we apparently seriously used the only 2 girl names we both loved on dd1! :wacko: Starting to be tempted to change her middle name really quickly and use her middle name for this one's first name. :rofl: Would seriously consider doing that, too, if Charlotte hadn't become so popular recently. :dohh:

furniture -- I like dark stained wood - cherry and mahogany mostly. DD's crib is stained cherry (not actualy cherry wood, mind you! :haha:) with lovely little gnaw marks all along the front railing. I do recommend getting some fleecey type rail covers for your cribs if the standard covers won't fit your crib shape (like ours). It was too late to bother by the time I realized Maisie was set on devouring her crib. Hey, now the crib just has character, right? I think we may have to buy another crib because I don't think dd is going to be ready for a toddler bed. Either that, or we'll continue to cosleep (has become a serious habit lately!). I plan to sidecar the crib for dd2 so I suppose I can have dd1 between me and hubby and dd2 in the crib on the other side of me. :wacko: We're going to need a bigger bed. Cosleeping is one of those things I didn't think I'd ever do but it turns out I must be that kind of mama. :shrug: Crunchier than I thought, I guess. As it turns out, I'm apparently one of those damn breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing, cosleeping hippies. :winkwink: Who knew? :haha:

Edit: Ooooh, I'm a papaya! Just 2 weeks to V-Day!

Welcome Louise!!!! No need to catch up all you need to know is everyone is really supportive and we chat like mad lol!! Guess you already guessed that tho!

Congratulations!

What country are you from? We are a real mixes thread!

From south wales, uk.

Yes i did notice your were a chatty bunch :winkwink:

Welcome Louise!

I'm thinking of Benjamin Moore robin's nest (no 618) for nursery wall color, no matter the sex, what do you girls think?
Looks nice as a background to white furniture:
https://www.spearmintbaby.com//HLIC/810366e9161e46bb3b22e200636a0785.jpg

Yay to papaya littlespy!!! stuck on that until 25 weeks now grrrrrr i'm missing my weekly fruit change lol

i guess you never truly know what 'type' of mum you will be untill you are in the situation!! The one thing i do know tho is that i will not be co-sleeping for a few reasons....oh would kill me as would have no sleep, oh would squash the baby, i'd never sleep for fear of squashing - i'm bad enough when the chuihuaua i sin bed with us!!!! Oh god ......maybe that means if i let the dog in the baby will end up there tooo.....eek! see as i say until you are in the situation its hard to know. I'd say do what ever works best for you and your familly!!

My push chair/car seat has arrived YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm itching to have a look at it but i have to wait for oh to be back from the airport - not long now whooo hooo!

I really like it lily! I'm a really bold/saturated wall color kind of girl but it gets me into trouble because I get bored easily. The nursery walls are currently VERY purple. I'm so done with that color at this point. :haha: I want an aqua/turquoiseish color but I don't think I have it in me to paint. And if I do have it in me to paint, it will be a much less bold color because we want to sell the house next year. :dohh: So I may be going with a color similar to the one in your picture (maybe a very slight bit more blue).

I love it lilly!!!!!! My kind of thing! I've opted for mamas papas scrapbook boy border with 3 cream walls to match charactors face colour and 1 baby blue wall for a bit of a change! Its a big room so didn't want it to lok to bare. Then will have a blue patterened nursing chair and lots of cuddly toys BUT no psychodelic colours ! Although i love them i dont find them relaxing!

Louise i'm also from south wales!!!!!! I am now in Camarthanshire but travel to Cardiff for work! Where are you?

Louise i'm also from south wales!!!!!! I am now in Camarthanshire but travel to Cardiff for work! Where are you?

I grew-up in cardiff, and still work there.

Live just outside cardiff near Llantrisant.

That's a bit a distance to travel for work, i thought my journey was long.

nimbec -- I would never be comfortable cosleeping the way we do with our toddler with a smaller baby. This didn't really start happening overnight until a few months ago. That's the reason we're sidecarring the crib, the baby will be right there next to me for overnight feedings while having her own space that I couldn't possibly fit into in order to squish her. I'm so hoping my supply is good enough that we can at least make it through the night without supplementing! Would be so much easier! So, I'm quite comfortable with that option. :thumbup: It's not exactly cosleeping but has the benefits of cosleeping without the risk with a smaller baby (IMO). Didn't even realize it existed as an option when dd was smaller.

Lily, all of my nursery furniture is going to be from Ikea as well!

Ukgirl, your oh is an idiot lol! This is why we arent telling anyone our name in 'real' life - people on B+B are too polite to say if they hate it, but people in real life won't be and we aren't going to be put off using the names we've chosen

Melissa glad you are feeling better :)

Nimbec, let us know how you get on at hospital, I hope all is ok. And yep, posting pics of nurseries is a great idea! Min ewon't be done until mid-Feb though, so a while to wait!

Welcome Louise!!! Congrats on your little blue bundle!!! Don't worry about not catching up on our reading - most of it is nonsense anyway!!

Oh my gosh lily, that is the EXACT colour we are wanting! That kind of blue/green/mint/duck egg colour, and white furniture! We will be nursery twins :haha: and I love those wee framed pics as well...must save that photo!!

Nimbec...can't believ your pram is here already!! Get it out asap (when dh is home) and give it a test drive!!! Put your dog in it for a wee spin around!

Afm...oh I haven't mentioned my pregnant friend in a while! I text her today to see how she got on at her 16 week midwife appointment. She of course replied...and didn't ask anything about me in any of her texts. When i eventually just ignored her and told her how I was in general, how my EDD got moved etc.......she never text back. Charming.

I've been marking exams all day and feel like my head is about to explode!

Oh louise, can you give me your due date and I'll add you to our front page?

haha Louise I lived in Cowbridge up untill a year ago! I have good friends in Llantrissant. I only work very part time now as we have moved and bubs is on his way. I'm a dressage (horse riding) instructor. Gosh such a small world!!!!!!!!!

littlespy yes you can co sleep from day 1 they have things you can put in the bed. one of my friends does it! mindyou her oh has been evicted to the spare room LOL!

I will do doggylover i'll be leaving in about an hour and if oh doesnt hurry up the pram ceremony will have to wait ubtil i'm back :(

I'm going to put it up makesure everything is ok then put it back in the box to keep the dust away! It was such a bargain i couldn't resist!! plus dad actually bought it for me so a win win situation :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->