April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Readytomum, my feet don't swell, but they get longer! Hardly any of my shoes fit at all anymore. In 1.5 pregnancies, I've gone from a size 8 to a 9.5. :nope: And they won't ever shrink back! The pregnancy hormone Relaxin relaxes all kinds of stuff, including the ligaments in feet sometimes, causing them to get longer and/or wider. Just more shit no one tells you about pregnancy. :dohh:

Mine seem to have gotten wider... but I knew that this was a possibility. I had read about it. I already have *gigantic* feet though, so having them get even bigger is really a problem. I already wear size 11 ladies as it is! It's incredibly hard to find shoes.

Some of my cousins have told me that their feet went back, and some have said they've stayed.... so I'm really hoping, and I mean REALLY hoping, that they'll go back down afterwards!

Awwww, Ready to Mum your marriage ticker today is 1 yr, 1 month, 1 week and 1 day! Just had to point out the adorableness of that! :flower:

Mommabrown, nice to hear you got to sleep long and well, and kudos to having a DH that is helping out! I keep you in my thoughts!

Nimbec, sorry you are hooked on a stupid machine, but it is only for a day. I hope it is not serious. It probably isn't since you already have a pacemaker.Please let us know if there are any updates, ok? Hugs hun!

Doggylover, lol at eating! We got big pizza last night, it was meant for a party of 6 and DH and I had almost all of it! I think I had 5 pieces hehe! I usually don't eat junk though. I always have a big appetite but I fill up with veggie soups and salads etc.. Last night it was an exception. I think we should all enjoy a big meal now and then, pregnant or not.

kirstabelle so lucky you have clothes to wear! only my knits that stretch fit, but at least they look good. I need a pair of maternity jeans asap.
So sweet that they don't let you carry things!!!

ReadytoMum
, I know all about swelling and growing feet, but so far I haven't experienced it. Maybe because it is winter and cold? I bet it would be very different if it was summer :p
Will the feet go back to normal?

maybesoon about bed wetting: I was a bed wetter until I was 8. I had a lot of stress from my mother (she was brutal) and was constantly terrified that she would hit me, and she would for no good reason. I had no one to talk to and felt quite defenseless.
So try to find out what stresses him, and don't be mad at the kid, it really isn't his fault. It could be the home situation or friend bullying him.
Try out the flat sheets bed diapers that are for adult incontinence, they are cheap and usually get everything, you don't have to do laundry all the time, or air the mattress.

Best of luck!

Nimbec, hope they figure out what's going on with your heart soon!!! :hugs:

I didn't get swollen feet until well into the 3rd tri last time, I noticed it mainly when putting my wellies on lol!! It creeps on so gradually that you don't really notice too much.

I got a bit of a shock the day after I gave birth though, I looked down at my hands/feet and they looked all bony and deflated, very odd indeed!!! Then I looked at my face to find my 'glow' had gone also! Just like that! Glad to have it back at the mo :)

Has anyone else felt baby having hiccoughs/hiccups yet? Mines been getting them loads in the last few days, its so cute!!!

Hey Selena!! welcome to our thread and congrats!!

Mommabrown that quote was lovely I will remember it when times are tough in court xxx

Lily sorry to hear about your mum, I know from first hand how frustrating it is to have to deal with a kid who wets themselves or the bed and it makes me really mad that I have to clean it up at their age but I could never show them that I was mad at them, I just clean them up and eat chocolate lol. x

Swollen feet are my issue at the moment too, well it's only my toes, they are puffy and my engagement ring is stuck on a puffy finger haha, sexy huh!! Isn't pregnancy the high point of glamour!

Well DD has gone back to school today after she was sick the other day, so once again I'm all alone but hey it's friday! I'm off out to get a milkshake and some krispykremes and a salad to balance it out :p Little man is having a sleepy day and I'm going to join him I think after I've been to tesco and got my bed picnic!

Is anyone else having a lot more stomach aches now? above the bump? I have them often and put it down to squishing... again glamorous... :) xx

Morning ladies, welcome selina!

Well back to hospital for me grrr I'm allergic to the things that hold the leads in place I'm covered in blotches and it itching like CRAZY!!!!!! They are now giving me sensitive ones and I have to make do with them until Monday when I get to take it off!! Annoying as hospital is a 2hr round trip but omg anything to stop itching!!!

So jelous of ladies who can wear per preggy clothes absolutely none of mine fit and I've even ha to resort to maternity knickers this week - lovely actually from mothercare and very reasonable price got a 5 pack for about £4 and they are great!!

I'm sorry I can't help with bed wetting its not something I know anything about but what everyone has said makes complete sense!

Hope you all have a good day I'm off to to get my stickers :)

Just a quick (but very warm) welcome to the 2 new ladies :hugs:

It's a fast moving thread but everyone here is lovely :happydance:

Sorry I've been MIA for a few weeks, maybe even a month :blush: But I am going in for my anatomy scan today! Super excited! At 15 weeks they told us boy with a really random crazy picture - but we'll know for sure today. Either way, girl, boy, I'm super excited. Oh and our "almost" 3 year old will be going to see Santa this morning. Its the candy canes he's really after though, I know it!

Aww exciting. let us know how it goes Liams Mom!!!!

I also am going for another scan today so they can check baby's heart again and make sure both hands are okay. I am going to ask them to check its a girl again!

xxx

dan-o, no hicups yet but they should start soon enough since baby swallows!

Selena502 welcome to the theread hun!

Candy thanks hun, she used to take her anger on me, and then I would wet the bet, and then she would be mad. Vicious cycle... Childhood is over and we have both worked past this, we have a decent enough relationship now.
I know you are a good responsible and sensible mommy! <3
No stomach aches, but then I burp sometimes a bit of stomach liquid comes up, and it is gross.

nimbec, omg you seem to never get a break... A lot of people are allergic to those thingies... Hope they get you the right ones!

liams_mom good luck with the scan hun, please update us when you get home!!!

TeAmo good luck with yours too!

Daft question......what do hiccups feel like?? Im getting some definate hard kicks lol!

Thanks lily i'm all sorted - stupid really as I should have remembered from when i had it fitted origanally - ooops oh well i'll just itch for a few days :wacko:

Good luck liamsmom & Teamo!!!

Little rhythmic jerks, exactly like you would if you were hiccuping! I don't think I felt it this early last time!

Good luck for your level 2 scan teamo and good luck for your scan too liamsmom! X

Hiccups are funny. I used to feel so bad for Maisie. I don't remember feeling them this early, either and haven't yet again this time. I think Maisie started at 27-28 weeks last time. Rhythmic little thumps, like dan-o said, as though you're hiccupping, but Maisies happened a little faster than mine normally do. I think she had them for like 13 weeks straight pretty much, poor girl. And she was head down that whole time so each hiccup would make her head hit my cervix (lightly, not like the painful cervix headbutts I got toward the end!). :haha:

Soooooo..... I puked again this morning. Seriously. WTF?! Who starts puking at 22 weeks? Other than me, apparently. :dohh: I don't even really feel sick, it just happens really suddenly and then I feel fine again like 30 seconds after. :shrug:

oh no thats no good littlespy! Is there anything in particular that sets you off? fx it goes away very quickly!!!

Toothpaste, apparently? :shrug: Both times it's happened right after I brushed my teeth. And it's not like a toothbrush-triggered gag reflex thing, because I've done that plenty this pregnancy and can keep from puking then. I think the worst part is having to brush my teeth again after and worrying it's going to happen again right after I'm done the 2nd time. :dohh:

Ack, nimbec! I just read about your allergic/splotchy problem! That's no fun! I hope that clears up quickly.

We're a pitiful bunch, eh? :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"