April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Ngodshands, congrats on :blue:! As ukgirl said, the placenta still has time to move. I have a friend due 2 days after me who was just diagnosed as well. I know she was really hoping for a vbac. But I also know that a planned csection would be much, much more pleasant than what she went through last time. I believe my mom said she had it with me and it did move up enough. :thumbup:

I think something like 90-95% of placenta previa cases move in time for a normal delivery. Mine was .4 cm away from cervix at 16 weeks and at 22 weeks it is about 1.5 cm away - usually drs want you to be 2 cm or more away to try for a vaginal birth. My dr said bc it is moving so nicely already he isn't even concerned about it moving in time - I'll have future scans to check on it but I think I'll be fine! Mine wasn't ever totally covering cervix but I know that even when that happens there is a good chance it will move :)

Exhausted...just back from baby shopping. We got some really great stuff, and ordered a few things like our crib :)

I reorganised my list of things still to get and it seems to have grown :haha: but at least half of that we intend to pinch from my brother and SIL, and then some of it is down for family to get us as gifts, other than that its mainly small stuff...like wipes...but the list still seems too long for my liking!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Wow doggylover, v-day already? Congrats!!! Were is the time going, it's scarey!!!

Kristabelle such a cute bump!!

Ngods, congrats on the fab scan, sorry no experience with pp aside from my mum who had complete pp with my sister. Obviously hers was no choice but a c-section!

Teamo, great news that all looks well with the baby!! And congrats on team pink!!

Well I had my 20 week scan yesterday and everything looks PERFECT. Definitely confirmed another :blue: for the roster! We have a name that came to me in sleep last night already picked out; Jackson Kiel. Doc said he's measuring about 10 days ahead and most likely weighing in at over 1 lb at this point so he's going to be big just like his brother was.. and well endowed (according to the scan tech :dohh:) Looking forward to pulling stuff out of dear son number two's room which was an office and moving the crib, rug, curtains and dresser in. So excited to have my gaggle of little men. :happydance:

Liam'smom congrats on a great scan and the great news of a little brother for Liam on the way! Since Jackson (love the name!) is measuring ahead you may get to meet him sooner than anticipated!!

Doggylover yay for the shopping!! Its a fab feeling to actually be BUYING rather than looking :thumbup:

Liamsmom congrats on the scan and team blue whoop we are catching the girls!

Kristabel youe bump is lush so neet and round :)

Ngodshands great that all ok on the scan but i'm sorry i've got no experience with pp - fx it moves in time!!

UKgirl yay 22 weeks tomorrow whoop whoop and i agree all you need is the essentials. Its amazing what we think we need and actually in reality we NEED very little!! What we want and all the making things look pretty is non essential bubs won't mind!

Well afm i'm shattered too, popped out to another baby tabletop sale but behaved only bought a ted baker jacket for £4 couldn't resist :haha: but then ended up having lunch with oh, oh's bonkers brother & MiL. Then had to drop oh brother off 40 mins away and ended up getting the rest of my xmas decs.....soooooo tree now up and lounge all christmassy YAY Really am ment to be taking it easy as still attached to monitor BUT i will tomorrow and its probably a good thing for them to see it in normal daily life too!

My bump feels huuuuuuuge today lol

Hope everyone is ok!

Nimbec sounds like a very busy day! And I think it's definitely better for them to get a realistic view of your heart rather than you just resting for four days and them thinking you are fine. A ted baker jacket for £4?! Bargain! I never see things like that...you must have a sixth sense for hunting the good stuff out!

Evening all,

I had my first physio appointment yesterday for spd....... I am now the proud owner of a support belt and stick. She wants me start using to stick to try and prevent it getting worse, I just don't think I can bring myself to use it..I certainly don't want to use it at work, it's a new job and after my experience of my contract being ended at my last job (one week after telling them I was pregnant) I don't want to give them any reason to end this one. I have not told them I am pregnant yet, waiting till I legally have to at 25 weeks. I am a large lady, so no bump yet.

I feel stupid using a stick. Although, I tried the belt today, it's a bit uncomfortable but my pelvis did feel supported, still painful when I was walking and when I took it off, but it was a little easier. I guess I will keep giving it a go.

I have beel browsing for baby stuff for weeks, I have bought a few outfits but nothing big, maybe in the new year.

Hope you are all well
Sarahx

my bump wiggles and wobbles when Benson kicks me now!! Not long to go til wavey belly days!!! yaaaayyyy!! :) Which fruit am I today I wonder :D xx

Papaya! And you stay papaya for like four weeks!

Sarah I'm glad that the dr was able to give you some things to try and help with the spd. I wouldn't want to use a stick either, so I definitely understand where you are coming from, but I hope the belt really starts to help.

Afm...we put our tree up....but since we actually going away for Christmas this year we didn't buy a big tree like usual, we just put up a mini (2ft!) one. It looks so sad!!!!

Aww Doggylover I'm impressed you got any tree! Where are you off too for Xmas? I have 9 coming to me ....OMG!!!!

Just a thought - 3 weeks time we will be 3rd tri!!!!!!!! Scarey!!!

Ukgirl did you err find a coat?

hooray for the papaya but boo to 4 weeks of no new fruits :(

Awww to the xmas tree doggylover! my kids make me put ours up on the 1st. I love our decs.

Nimbec.. NO I couldn't get one anywhere apart from newlook and that one was gross! Someone tipped me off to maternity wear in matalan and as I needed some new gloves I went there.. guess what... NO COATS!! omg seriously I think they think preggos become house bound! I managed to fin an old winter coat my aunty gave me which was 2 sixes bigger but it's too warm and makes me feel funny :( I'm sticking with my superdry jacket for now :(

Omg to 9 ppl coming over! I wouldn't cope well with that haha and it's scary that soon we will be in the home stretch!

My kids are driving in insane today, Connie is accident prone and Lucas is whiny!! grr!! must be insane having a third! :p x

Ukgirl I am with you on the coats. Horrific selection!!!! Luckily I have a coat from tesco - not maternity- but it has duffle style toggles at the top and then none further down so its great because my bump isn't restricted.

Nimbec, I know, three weeks until 3rd tri seems INSANE!! I actually cannot believe that, that makes it seem like these babies are coming so soon! We actually found a mini tree in our airing cupboard that the previous house owners had left. It's been there since we moved in, but we never looked twice at it until we decided we couldn't justify getting a real, 6ft tree for just a week or so. Just heading over to my in laws in Norfolk for the week. We had Christmas with my family last year, so this year we're off to dh's. it'll be my first Christmas ever away from my family :cry: and my nephew is just starting to understand what Christmas is so I'm pretty upset about missing it all, but :shrug: what else can we do?! 9 people for dinner?! You are insane! I panic cooking for more than myself and dh!!!

oooh I shall go see in tesco! I get hot quickly on the school run so I need something thin and airy too. x

Nimbec i agree with the others lol you are insane with 9 people for xmas dinner and preggers! We had everyone at our christmas i was pregnant with H and i was so sick my mum and OH ended up doing it all and i spent most of it in the bathroom. We are having 4 over this time but only 2 grandads and my parents and my mum is doing it again, and buying it all, result!

Doggylover, its insane we are nearly in 3rd tri, i cant wait though! i feel like my life is on hold to some extent until ive had this baby, just want to not feel bla and eat pate!

UKgirl, I agree re the maternity coats, ive got a thin maternity jacket from last pregnancy but its too cold for that now , im just about still getting into one of my coats and im hoping to get a poncho type thing for xmas to see me through the remainder. S loath to buy ANY clothes though, im saving to but a whole new wardrobe next winter as i have hardly anything!

We have had a pretty busy weekend, yesterday met friends for lunch at soft play then we took H to the zoo to see santa, they have a lovely grotto although there was a bit of a queue!
Today we have been over SILS as they go away for xmas so we exchanged presents with them, now am home and exausted. My bump is HUGE I mean seriously i look like im about to drop, and getting Braxton Hicks the last few days too, seems a lot earlier than last time for all that in my opinion!
Been headache free for a couple of days which has been a bonus too, long may it continue, im back at the docs on tues.

^^ You're crazy doing that whilst up the duffer! I had 8 adults and 4 kids over last year for xmas dinner and I cried twice hahaha:baby: I would not attempt it this year!!

I hope you are all well! I thought I would pop up a picture of my 22 week girly bump:cloud9: taken today! Nice and round now! Please excuse my wet hair, I had just showered.

xxx

Attachments

• 22 weeks.jpg
    22 weeks.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 6
Well I'm cheating slightly!! My mum used to be a chef and will be here to help and the MiL I bringing the turkey ready cooked - so not quite as bad but .... Wasn't preggy when we decided to do Xmas at mine lol!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->