April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

I will try the legs up on pillows thing maybesoon! xxx

ukgirl -- Yes on the dizzies. Stupid low blood pressure. I'm getting a bit nervous about my glucose tolerance test (routine here) in a couple of weeks, too. Yesterday I didn't eat much protein and by dinnertime I was really feeling faint and like I had low blood sugar. :nope: I have a history of hypoglycemia (haven't had problems, really, in years). So, that's at least put me in the mindset of eating healthier today.

I am thinking about low blood sugar too littlespy, I suffer with fainting attacks when I'm on my periods and have to eat 3 times more than normal,so being pregnant is kind of the same demands on my body, eating more isn't hard at the moment lol. It's easier to boost my sugar levels with sugary foods and drinks though which is getting me worried about GD now.. oh dear seriously in pregnancy we can't win! I think I need to eat apples they have natural sugars in them and are healthier than a cake! I think I will eat more protein like you said and see if it helps. xx

LittleSpy I too am worried about my upcoming glucose test.... eeekkkk!!!

Other than a few dizzy spells while out and about on public transit I haven't had much trouble with that, thankfully. I think those were caused by stressing about catching transit and therefore sending my heart-rate up, followed by long periods of standing and probably a mixture of dehydration and low blood sugar levels. I always carry some sugary snacks on me now so if I start to feel a little woozy I can up my suger quickly.

My body pillow positioning at night has really helped me to sleep better and have less hip ache, but the shooting pain in my right bum cheek is killing me. Sometimes it hurts so bad I don't want to have to put any pressure on that leg at all. (which makes walking rather difficult!)

US ladies, I need your help!
Do you know how to pronounce the name Imogen?

If yes, please let me know. If no, please tell me how you would guess to pronounce it if reading it from a list or something. :haha:

UK ladies -- What a silly question, right? :haha: It's just a super uncommon name here but one I'm considering at the moment. I just don't want my daughter to have to deal with a lifetime of misspellings and mispronunciations. There aren't a lot of people to ask IRL (like my family) who aren't terribly uncultured (not that I'm Mrs. Fancypants or anything) and since we don't plan to live here much longer, I want to see what the general consensus is on the name from other parts of the country.

Oh and by the way, yes I do know how to pronounce it. :haha: We even considered it for Maisie but after that, I totally wrote it off because of what I assume would be ongoing pronunciation/spelling issues. But since hubby and I are getting nowhere with names, I threw it out again last night and I could tell it's a name he may consider. I'm polling everyone I can to see if that would really be as big of a problem as I assume it to be.

:haha: it's funny that you guys don't use the name Imogen. It's not a super common name here, but everyone would know of it.

It baffles me sometimes as to how different places are, even when they speak the same language. Or supposedly the same language :haha:

doggylover - I think the name somehow got *******ized on the way over here to become Imogene, which I really don't like at all. Amazing how one little letter can totally ruin a gorgeous name (all IMO, of course)!

LOL at B&B starring out "b*astard." I can type fuck here all day long, though. :dohh:

Anyway, I was going to edit to say people even mispronounce Maisie's name about 25% of the time. :shrug: Another name the UK would have absolutely no problem with. It was spelled Mazie when it was more popular in the US 100 years ago.

Little Spy it is pronounced Em-a- jean. Imogen is a pretty name and one of my late great Aunts names.

Maybesoon i hope you get to feeling better! Isn't your gender scan tomorrow? I get another scan on Weds because they couldn't get accurate growth scans at the last one because she would not stay still long enough for them. Can't wait to see which team you are on.

I haven't had any dizzy spells yet but i can't sleep comfortable anymore either. I do feel better on my back also but don't sleep that way because of the NOT supposed to rule.

Whoa littlespy I'm surprised that people can mispronounce Maisie...how do they say it?

I'm sure if we tried some names Americans think are normal we would struggle too though!

Thanks Mommabrown.... I do feel a bit better just not 100%... And yes my scan is tomorrow!!! Thankfully it's first thing in the am so I don't have to wait all day! I don't think I would make it!!!! I'm guessing there will be no sleeping for me tonight!!!!

Good Luck on Wednesday!!! I will post pics & the news asap!!!

Maci, Masee, Macy, i noticed here people spell things so different that you never really know how to pronounce it.

My daughters name is Laurynn(Lauren) and people call her Laury Ann all the freaking time! I would not worry so much about everyone else but what makes you and Dh happy with naming your child.

lol on the mispronouncing of names. I have had HELL with people pronouncing & spelling my name wrong all my life.... I don't get it. You can introduce yourself to someone & they will say your name completely wrong after you just said it to them. Often I have to bite my tongue & not say "Is that how I just said my name? Yeah, I don't think so..."

Oh Maybesoon i bet! I didn't sleep hardly at all either!!! Can't wait to hear!! I am going to try and see if the tech will do some 3D scans also i really love seeing how baby looks in them!

Me too! I can't wait to see how much our baby has changed in 3 weeks! It's gonna be interesting!

The name issue was awful in Norway a J is pronounced as a Y so jasmin becomes yasmin etc. Also an E o the end of a name becames a A so anne is pronounced Anna. Then the name Kim in Norway os a boys name so Kimberly was out lol. It is weird but its important to pick a name that other kids in school will be able to say.

I think that mommabrown is right - pick something you and oh like as you can't please everyone and if its a slightly unusual name, people WILL get it wrong. For heavens sake my name is Sarah and people leave the h off or pronounce it Sara all the time! So even normal names aren't safe!!

Littlespy love Imogen! Cant believe so many people mispronounce Maisie, i dont usually have that problem with my own naame but people usually spell it wrong lol

Boo to the dizziness, ive had that a bit too, the thing thats kicking in now is the heartburn, oh my god its awful at bedtime, just stocked up on gaviscon today.

Maybesoon, good luck with the scan tomorrow!

urgh I have heartburn too, I keep forgetting to get gaviscon :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->