April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

oh heartburn..... That stuff is terrible.... As much as I have had it... My baby should have a full head of hair!!!

don't count on it maybesoon! I had horrid heartburn with Connie and she was almost bald haha!

lol ukgirl.... That is most likely how it will be!!! He/she probably won't have hair until they start school!!!! I have enough hair for about 10 people however dh is seriously lacking in the hair department!!!!

I haven't had any heartburn at all. People say all the time it's one of the problems with pregnancy...but I haven't had it yet. Does that mean ill have a baldy?! Or actually, going by Melissa and ukgirl, I'll have a creepy hairy baby!!!

What's happening on t he stretch mark front? I don't think I have any yet - when can I expect them?!

Great question doggylover!!!! I don't have them or the navel line....

I had it from the very beginning through out the whole pregnancy with youngest DS and he had it every where--top of legs, shoulders, back i mean he was a hairy little fellow. I don't get it with Emme unless i eat really acidic foods(pizza, lasagna, orange juice...)

I LOVE salads & for the last 2 months I haven't been able to eat salad at all. It gives me the worst indigestion ever!!! It's driving me nuts because that is one of my favorite things in the world & I usually eat salad at least once a day....

I crave acid foods too and I think that is why mine is so bad plus I have IBS on top of it all, plus I'm quite big now so everything is squished right up. Not everyone gets it, count yourself lucky if you dont! xx

I don't have any stretch marks on my tummy, after my other 2, I have them on my boobs though, I use palmers cocoa butter, I heard some bad things about it but midwives recommend it so it must be safe. Plus I used it with my other 2 and they are both fine :) I'm going to start using mine from now on wards. Hopefully I wont get any this time either.

Connie had thin white hair when she was born and looked bald, she didn't get hair at the back of her head until she was about a year old lol. Lucas was born with dark brown hair, his was thicker than connie's or maybe it looked that way because it was darker, but his rubbed off and then grew back white/blonde lol.

Doggylover, you may be one of the lucky ones!Its almost as bad as ms for me sometimees, oh and the joy of carpal tunnel too, i get all the gross prego symptoms! lol

As for stretchmarks, this is weird but i didnt get any last time till the day i had my EMCS and they were struggling to get him out through my stomach and had to really rummage! Typical!

Oh little spy because maci isn't a popular name at all over here I wouldn't have even thought of that. It's annoyingly close...but still not right (that's what annoys me about people staying Sara rather than Sarah! So near....but yet so far!)

Melissa I do NOT enjoy the sound of any rummaging :shock:

Melissa I do NOT enjoy the sound of any rummaging :shock:[/QUOTE]
lol. trust me it was preferable to anything else at that particular point! :winkwink:

I think Mommabrown is on to something about Americans and names. People try so hard to be unique and original by spelling classic names differently that when you take a classic name that isn't super popular and spell it traditionally, people get all confused. :haha:

And while I obviously think it's important for the parents to like the name, I do want to try to avoid causing my children any grief over their names. If her name is going to be mispronounced and misspelled 90% of the time, I just can't do it. :nope:

Um.... doggylover? What's the difference in pronunciation between "Sarah" and "Sara?" I'm seriously asking because here they are totally pronounced the same! My name is a very simple one too. Julie. But people just can't fathom that my name isn't really Julia or Juliet. So, I get called those a lot. :dohh: I've also had people spell my name "July" before. Yeah... Anyway, I managed to get out of my 1st pregnancy with NO stretch marks! :happydance: My mom faired as well. Seems genetic skin elasticity has a lot to do with it. I know several women who started getting them in 2nd tri and several of women who didn't get any until the last couple of weeks (boy, were they mad!) and then several women who didn't get any at all, so who knows when/if they'll show up. And I don't remember getting heartburn/indigestion until right around the start of 3rd tri with Maisie. It was severe for about 2 weeks and then went away again. And of course it doesn't mean much about a hairy baby. There's just a trend between heartburn and hairy babies because heartburn can be caused by estrogen and hairy babies can be caused by estrogen. :haha:

Mellissasbump -- OMG, the heartburn/indigestion is KILLING me as of last night. I just ate 6 TUMS (Excessive, yes. Necessary, yes.) as an afternoon snack and it's still going pretty strong. It was only this bad for about 2 weeks with Maisie but it was seriously disabling those entire 2 weeks! Every time I ate, I'd be doubled over in pain. :nope:

Maisie was born with a ton of almost black hair. She looked like a little monkey there for a minute (I'm exaggerating of course) with the hair on her back and upper arms. :haha: It had all fallen out by 4 months and grew in blonde! :shrug: Now she's dirty blonde/light brown. I think she'll have dark hair as an adult, which I love because she has blue eyes and I think that combo is so gorgeous. Dh and I are such mutts, our children could be any range of colors. Maisie has a much darker complexion than both of us and looks like she will have very dark hair. It's possible her sister could be super fair with white-blonde hair. We both have a parent with black hair and blue eyes and a parent with blonde hair and blue eyes. My dad has quite dark skin (native american) and his dad is pretty much the whitest person alive. So, Maisie is our little dark hair dark skinned girl (relative to our complexions) and because of that I'm convincing myself that this one will be very fair. For some reason, I don't think they'll look like sisters, even. :shrug: The stupid stuff I let myself come up with. :dohh:

maybesoon -- I didn't get the lines, either. But I'm quite fair so I didn't really expect to get it.

Seriously, though. I think my stomach is currently eating a hole through itself. I may die. It's so bad, my back is atually burning. :wacko: 10 minutes of work (I'm now on my "break" because I worked all the way through my break this afternoon). Surely I can make it.

For anyone keeping score on Imogen -- Only 2 of the 5 Americans who have ventured a guess so far have gotten it correct. Everyone else says Imogene. And that's kind of the result I expected. Here's hoping some other ladies I've polled can come through for me! :haha:

LittleSpy.... Add me to the list of messing up the name Imogen....

I agree about Americans and the name thing!

I go by my middle name which is Chantel (pronounced Texan as Shan-tell).... Most people even after I tell them my name pronounce it (Shawn-tale). And don't even get me started on the mispellings!

And since it messes everything legal up when you go by your middle name, I have sworn to not do either to my child. No weird names, spellings & he/she will go by their first name.

Littlespy around this area it's pronounced im (like him without the h) o-gin - but living right near Amish country there's a lot of older names still used so maybe not so many mispronunciations around here with the older names?

Choosing a name for your child should definitely be a name that you and OH like, but I wholly agree that you need to consider your child's future when selecting it. It's really frustrating when everyone spells or mispronounces your name all the time. And longer names will almost certainly end up getting shortened by their friends when they get older, whether you like the short forms or not. We ended up tossing out a lot of names because we hated the short forms of them.

Also to consider is how the first and last names sound together, and what their full initials will be. I have a friend whose intials spell ALS, which is the short form for Lou Gerigh's disease. It's not the worst initial combo I've seen, but certainly something to keep in mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->