April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Hello ladies! May I join you? This is my first pregnancy after two months TTC. My edd is April 10th!
Ah! Someone pinch me!

Join the crowd! A lot of us are still in denial!! :wacko:

hehehe so true. I am still doubting it, even though the word pregnant came up both tests I did, I am still tempted to do another test :lol:

congratulations meg :D

Hello ladies! May I join you? This is my first pregnancy after two months TTC. My edd is April 10th!
Ah! Someone pinch me!

Join the crowd! A lot of us are still in denial!! :wacko:

hehehe so true. I am still doubting it, even though the word pregnant came up both tests I did, I am still tempted to do another test :lol:

congratulations meg :D

I've had 2 digital "pregnant"'s, and 11 other positives, but because I went to the doctor too soon, and theirs was negative, I got a little crazy! Just got my latest digital positive yesterday evening, and just can't believe it!!

hey I found out on the 1st I'm pregnant after 7 months of trying, I'm still in shock and finding it hard to believe... I have tonsillitis too so not a great start lol.. do you mind if I join you? my little bean is due April 16th.... my birthday <3 xx

Welcome UKgirl! How nice it would be for you to get your lo on your birthday!!:happydance:

hey I found out on the 1st I'm pregnant after 7 months of trying, I'm still in shock and finding it hard to believe... I have tonsillitis too so not a great start lol.. do you mind if I join you? my little bean is due April 16th.... my birthday <3 xx

Awww!! how sweet! a mums birthday baby :cloud9: congratulations :D

Congrats and welcome to all the new members of our group! And yes, I am still in denial as well. It still doesn't really feel real yet!

So I was perusing various baby/parenting websites and I found this article called "Top 14 Pregnancy Fears (and Why You Shouldn't Worry)". It helps some of the scary aspects of pregnancy seem not so scary. Feel free to read: https://www.parents.com/pregnancy/c...afety-issues/top-pregnancy-fears/?rb=Y#page=1

Oh and I've been thinking.... how much would one of you lovely UK ladies charge to purchase one of those nifty tests that says when you conceived? The digital ones that say "pregnant, and so many weeks" on them? haha Why don't they sell them here???

I don't know if someone's already offered, but they do have those tests here in Canada, and I happen to have an extra one, if you'd like me to mail it over. :) I bought a box of two yesterday wanting to see if I'd gotten 3+ yet, figuring I'd probably test too early with the first one... But this morning I got the 3+ already! So I don't really need the second one. PM me if you would like it.

But yeah, that's my biggest news of the day--already 3+! Relieved to know my HCG levels are apparently still rising, and quickly.

I've done intake forms for *five* midwife clinics now, one (the one I most wanted) has already said they're full for my birth week and I'm on the waiting list there, the other four I'm waiting to hear. It's so frustrating that they get booked up so early! I thought I was better off not testing until a little later in my cycle, and then waiting to make sure the tests stayed positive, to make sure it wasn't a chemical, but now I wish I'd tested from 10 dpo and called the second I got the faintest hint of a line (which I guess is what everyone else in this city did?). :growlmad:

Oh well. Even if I don't get in with any, I do like my regular doctor, I just was hoping for the midwife approach.

Sorsha that is insane!! Over here in the uk it's pretty different than in north America- our care is 90% gp or hospital led, most people don't go with midwives, and you certainly wouldn't get turned away from somewhere!!

Congrats and welcome to all the new members of our group! And yes, I am still in denial as well. It still doesn't really feel real yet!

So I was perusing various baby/parenting websites and I found this article called "Top 14 Pregnancy Fears (and Why You Shouldn't Worry)". It helps some of the scary aspects of pregnancy seem not so scary. Feel free to read: https://www.parents.com/pregnancy/c...afety-issues/top-pregnancy-fears/?rb=Y#page=1

Thanks so much for that link. I am only currently concerned with #1 and have been searching in vain to find out what the likelihood of a second miscarriage is. The fact that I just found out its 3% makes me feel a lot better!!!!

Sorsha that is insane!! Over here in the uk it's pretty different than in north America- our care is 90% gp or hospital led, most people don't go with midwives, and you certainly wouldn't get turned away from somewhere!!

I know! I think most people are still going with GPs or OBs here, but there's been an increasing demand for midwives in my city, and there aren't enough clinics to keep up. I'd heard you had to get in early if you didn't want to be on waiting lists, but I didn't realize it was quite this bad.

Welcome to the new ladies!

I got my blood results back and my HCG was positive! Of course just confirming my HPT's. I was a little disappointed though since she just did an HCG test, not a quantitative HCG, so I don't what my numbers are. Booo...... But on the upside, Ill take a positive blood test any day!!!

Oh and I've been thinking.... how much would one of you lovely UK ladies charge to purchase one of those nifty tests that says when you conceived? The digital ones that say "pregnant, and so many weeks" on them? haha Why don't they sell them here???

I don't know if someone's already offered, but they do have those tests here in Canada, and I happen to have an extra one, if you'd like me to mail it over. :) I bought a box of two yesterday wanting to see if I'd gotten 3+ yet, figuring I'd probably test too early with the first one... But this morning I got the 3+ already! So I don't really need the second one. PM me if you would like it.

But yeah, that's my biggest news of the day--already 3+! Relieved to know my HCG levels are apparently still rising, and quickly.

I've done intake forms for *five* midwife clinics now, one (the one I most wanted) has already said they're full for my birth week and I'm on the waiting list there, the other four I'm waiting to hear. It's so frustrating that they get booked up so early! I thought I was better off not testing until a little later in my cycle, and then waiting to make sure the tests stayed positive, to make sure it wasn't a chemical, but now I wish I'd tested from 10 dpo and called the second I got the faintest hint of a line (which I guess is what everyone else in this city did?). :growlmad:

Oh well. Even if I don't get in with any, I do like my regular doctor, I just was hoping for the midwife approach.

I sent you a PM!!!

I'm sorry you're having such problems trying to get the birthing experience you want! I hope things start to straighten out for you in that area! :dohh:

Hi can I join u, got a :bfp: today, still in shock, this will be my second
LO. 4 years of trying and 2 rounds of clomid to conceive my first
LO, but this LO has been conceived naturally :shrug::
EDD is 14th April, hope you are all keeping well

I know! I think most people are still going with GPs or OBs here, but there's been an increasing demand for midwives in my city, and there aren't enough clinics to keep up. I'd heard you had to get in early if you didn't want to be on waiting lists, but I didn't realize it was quite this bad.

That is crazy- if you are 4 weeks and they are already booked up what crazies out there are peeing on the stick whilst on the phone to their midwife?!?

Hi girls!
I had my pregnancy confirmed by the doctors today have another appointment next week for bloods etc. :happydance: Feeling nauseous and tired! How are you all?

Hi can I join u, got a :bfp: today, still in shock, this will be my second
LO. 4 years of trying and 2 rounds of clomid to conceive my first
LO, but this LO has been conceived naturally :shrug::
EDD is 14th April, hope you are all keeping well

Congratulations!!!!

Wow I better start checking in more often or I get really behind...

Doggy- Big hugs! Be positive...I know its hard!

Littlespy- Bahahaha on me being a "grl"...I was mildly insulted! I blame the hormones

Jcombs- I knwo they sell it on ebay..but its nice that Sorsha offered :)

Xxenssial- I know nothing I say will make you feel better, I am so sorry though. Take care of yourself and take time to heal

Hinky- We have a similar story..I also had a rough time getting pregnant the second time around. It took us 15 cycles to finally conceive and Im worried to lose it as well but trying super hard to be positive. We also got pregnant the first cycle I tried to "relax" and didnt track using OPKs...go figure

Oh...and Congrats to all the new BFPs!!! I look forward to getting to know you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->