April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

omg I did not hear about that!! Some people are pure evil!! No matter what happens in life issues should NEVER be taken out on innocent kids! I have to go hug my kids now after reading that post!!

Ukgirl i cried at the thought of this happening to anyone...some mother and father will not be seeing their baby boy or girl come home tonight. A child will grieve for the loss of a mother or a father, spouses having to cope with the last words to their mate... and a school will never feel like the safe place it was supposed to be for this community ever again. This is a horrible tragedy and my first thoughts were to my children also...running and hugging them and never letting them go.

yeh mommabrown, I went and read the story on bbcnews and the kids were the same age as mine it made me cry when I thought about my kids being in that situation. It makes me want to home school them!

I know...i was at a conference for my son when this all happened and they had an announcement for a moment of silence for the Sandy Cook Elementary School and i was totally blown away. . . that thought crossed my mind too. No matter what the safety precautions were they did not stop this tragedy...

Our baby bedding is coming from babies r us..all dinosaurs :)
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ZQB%2BTHp0L._AA300_.jpg
We've been clearing out his room for the past few days and our rug is finally arrived. I've also been told that he's going to be a very big boy even though I'm not showing much. Its what I get for being 5'10 and having a tipped uterus. Anyhow, we're excited - I'm hoping Liam will take to his little brother.

Sparkle girl I love the characters! They look so good! Sometimes you see people have painted Winnie or someone and it looks awful, but yours look like actual transfers, or wallpaper! They are amazing! You have some talent!

Ukgirl that's practically the same as having beaten connie :haha: I totally agree, leaving them for a few minutes so they learn to self soothe is not anything to get worked up about, and as you say, it's what worked for you with her. Every baby and family are different and I think to say "you can't do this in my house because I don't like it" when it's nothing harmful is a bit.....I dunno. Dodgy?!

Steph I'm the same - tapping the family resources in terms of making curtains etc!

Seems to me everyone's view on CIO is similar - small amounts of controlled, managed, crying is fine, but leaving baby for a long time in distress is a big no no. :)

And like you've said, every family is different, and we can't judge what works best for someone else. And we have to respect that for everyone! And saying what someone does is like beating your child I find a bit rude!!

Sweetpea, heard about that shooting on the news, absolutely awful, honestly what makes someone do something like that?

It just makes me so sick to my stomach. :nope: I simply can't imagine hurting children in the ways some f*cking sick f*cks do. Those are the kind of people I'd have absolutely no problem just walking right up to and ripping out their throats. Literally just ripping them to bits with my bare hands. It invokes such a powerful rage in me.

The only solace I have is that my understanding is most prisoners have a similar kind of rage for people who hurt children so when that person is caught, they'll get a nice taste of their own evil.

I've only just heard about the shooting. Unbelievable, so awful. God bless those families who have been torn apart.

Like you say littlespy, people who commit crimes against children certainly get some justice from other prisoners. It always amuses me that hardened prisoners have such a sense of justice!

Sweetpea, heard about that shooting on the news, absolutely awful, honestly what makes someone do something like that?

It just makes me so sick to my stomach. :nope: I simply can't imagine hurting children in the ways some f*cking sick f*cks do. Those are the kind of people I'd have absolutely no problem just walking right up to and ripping out their throats. Literally just ripping them to bits with my bare hands. It invokes such a powerful rage in me.

The only solace I have is that my understanding is most prisoners have a similar kind of rage for people who hurt children so when that person is caught, they'll get a nice taste of their own evil.

Unfortunately the murderer shot himself as well, so there won't be any justice served on that count. This is why I hate guns, and why I'm so thankful I live in a country where you can't own them! (unless they're licensed hunting guns!) I can't even imagine how those poor parents must be feeling, and how all those kids must be feeling. What an experience of terror all round. Sick *******s shooting innocent people at all, let alone children. :cry:

Love everybody's pics of bedding and nursery plans! Amazing mural Sparklegirl! That would have been a lot of work, but definitely worth it! LO will love it I'm sure!

I had no idea you weren't supposed to rock a baby to sleep... what did we all get rockers and gliders for? :shrug: Apparently I have a lot to learn. I also know I am going to be crap at CIO. I couldn't even do it properly for kids I babysat for!

I'm off to do some more work on my wall. Makes me sound like I'm a prisoner toiling away at digging a tunnel out or something :haha: Have to have an early night tonight though because I know tomorrow is going to be crazy busy. Cannot get all obsessed with the wall until 1:30 am like I have some other nights :haha:

ETA I think there are lots of cute decorating for boys too. My nursery would have been almost exactly the same if baby was a boy. Just wouldn't have painted his crib pink is all. And not to be a addiction enabler or anything, but www.projectnursery.com is a great source for inspiration!

Kristabelle not rocking baby to sleep.....well thats and epic fail for me...all three of mine were rocked to sleep....even had a rocker in the hospital to rock them...i didn't know this lol....

Nobody said don't rock a baby to sleep! I think CIO is for older ones anyway? Might be wrong on that one- I'm a FTM so what do I know anyway?! :haha:

Hope everyone has a great weekend, and kirstabelle I hope you didn't stay up too late working on your wall!!

So sad and shocked about what happened in Connecticut. What kind of a monster would ever point a gun towards little children? I'm beyond words.
It brings back memories from the Beslan school hostage crisis, although the reasons back then were political, this time it was just pure evil :( Still I can't bear the thought of children getting hurt on purpose.

About CIO: I'm not into it, I could never do it, but I'm all for fuss it out approach because babies are fussing before sleepy time even if you are with them. Crying out loud means the baby needs you, fussing means simple tiredness/irritation and there is not much you can do about it.

I baby-proofed the apartment, yay! Covered the corners of end tables with little silicon thingies, got door slam stoppers, oven protector etc! I feel accomplished today :)

And also got a very nice pair of maternity jeans, so I can stop wearing leggings all the time :D

Thread Back Search

Hi all

I'm not sure if I'm worrying over nothing but when I used Doppler today hr was 185-190 and its never been that high before .... He was unusually active last night and quiet this morning so I checked - I am feeling him move and kick-

Do u think he's ok or should I call the Midwiffe? I really don't want to call if I'm being silly....

Thanks in advance!!!

Hugs to all!

I think if you feel worried Nimbec you should call her. had you just eaten any sugary foods? Or done anything exertive? 190 is the maxium bpm they would expect for a baby in the womb. It is best to ask I think.

my oh is funny.. this morning I dont feel so great and I felt light headed so I said to oh I think Im gonna faint and he goes.. dont faint or I'll stick it in you!! Hahahhahahahahahhahahaha nutcase!

Trying to get him to do a tip run but he is acting like a child who wont clean his room... I will eat him!!!

Nimbler definitely give your midwife a call if you are worried :hugs: keep us posted and I hope he is just getting over excited about Christmas in there.

Lily, I agree that working with a baby before they get to the crying stage is best. I just hope I learn to recognise that in my own LO.

Dh had a dream last night I had the baby and it was 17lbs!!! :shock:

^ I'm sure you will recognize the difference easily, it is a matter of common sense.

Omg what a crazy dream!

Nimbec I think the baby is within normal, but if it continues for longer than an hour call the midwife.

Candy, lol stick it to you? muhahahaa! Too funny, sorry for laughing with your OH lol
Hope you are not too dizzy now. Probably is low BP, eat something salty!

He is very rude lily haha... I feel better now. I was laying on my back and moved too quickly to my side. Im sure thats what done it. Lol xx well done on baby proofing the home! Xx

yeh you learn your babies routines anyway so before your baby cries you know its almost time for a feed or a nap. the cries are easy to tell after a few weeks.
Lets hope baby isnt a 17 pounder haha xx

Thanks ladies i have just rechecked and its back to 135/140 PHEW it may have been the ice cold us gel that got him rather cross hehe!

Ukgirl haha well that would certainly raise your bp!

Yay for baby proofing lily :)

Well in still not dressed today - how lazy is that!!! Infact still watching young apprentice on laptop in bed! Feeling skittle guilty but I'm sure ill get over it ;)

Glad hes back down nimbec.. yeh the gel could have gotten him annoyed lol xxx

p.s Im still in bed too lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"