April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Readytomum I have definitely heard/read that babies are most active overnight, and that its not uncommon to cause sleep issues so that sounds like you have hit the nail on the head. I'm glad you got a good sleep last night, hopefully now you are off work for the holidays you can take it easy and you won't end up too exhausted even if night sleeps aren't the best.

I saw someone with a sola yesterday, and it looked great! She had a purple colour which was really lovely. We are sticking with black for our pram as walking with the dogs I know it's going to get SO muddy very quickly and not look so lovely and new anymore :cry:! But I love looking at the other colours!

Afm, I'm suddenly worried my mums views on parenting are actually quite different from mine. I always thought we were exactly on the same wave length (we seem to slag people off about the same things in other words :blush:) but last night with my aunt, she took her 4 1/2 month old off to another room in my parents house to be fed, about 2 1/2 or 3hours after he was last fed. My mum said that the baby wasn't crying so obviously wasn't hungry. I responded with "yes but he NEVER cries" which is true, my uncle said he has heard him cry only about 3 times! So if he was crying then something is very wrong, and maybe my aunt was reading his 'fussing cues' and knew he was hungry. My mum said "well I didn't see any so that can't be it" I pointed out we wouldn't know how to read him, but my mum said "well I think she should leave him until he's crying then feed him"

I was SHOCKED. Now my aunt was really weird and rude last night, so maybe my mum was just annoyed about that, but I couldn't disagree more, and I guess this is a little similar to the CIO stuff we discussed earlier in the week, but I couldn't believe my mum basically said don't feed a baby unless they are screaming!

Doggylover, wow. I do think it is best to feed baby BEFORE they cry. :dohh: Most babies give plenty of hunger cues well before they cry. And so says everything I've read and have been told by medical and nutritional professionals, including information I got on breastfeeding from mt OB at my last visit. But quite rude of her anyway. Reminds me of my mother. I've wanted to punch her in the face more than once in the last 17 months.

Doggylover you know me and my experience with feeding on demand with my mother in law. Connie ised to feed every two hours and she would become fussy and grumpy when she waz due a feed so I knew it was almost time to feed her. I agree with your views and not your mums and I also agree with what littlespy said. Mums know best :) xxxx

Hi ladies just popping in to say hi, hope everyone is having a good weekend im very happy as today is my V day!:happydance::happydance::happydance:
Will catch up properly tomorrow xx

Had a long day yesterday taking Liam to the ER. He came inside and told us he couldn't move his arm so of course we're thinking the worst since he's soooo stoic and he's crying and upset because it hurts so badly. $75 co pay later we come to find its just nursemaid's elbow (extremely painful, but not serious). They popped the radius back into place and he's absolutely fine today. I'm really not sure if the baby moved because I was so focused on his older brother yesterday, but this is definitely going to be a big boy because I can already feel everything he does. Wonderful feeling but not at 2 AM :) Could have used an extra day in this weekend. :sleep:

Oh gosh Liam's mom that must have been worrying so pleased its nothing too serious! Eek a big one ...imagine the kicks at 36 weeks :)

Doggylover I completely agree with you and the other girls, infact I have a concern with my own mum as she keeps going on and on about leaving my baby to cry as she didn't with me until I was quite old and she had a tough time BUT I'd hate to think if she was looking after baby she would do that!! Hmmmm I've said on numerous occasional ill do what I think is right at the time.

Ooooh I just won a baby bath unit on eBay a cosatto one for £28 instead of over £100. I have had a major dilemma with bath time as I will prob have a section so not be able to lift/bend down easy and I also struggle terribly with my back so I wanted to donut at waist height. These are great as can be drained through a pipe so no lifting/bending! HOWEVER I was not going to pay full price for one when u can use the kitchen sink if necessary!!!

Hope everyone is ok and had a good weekend!!

Yay well done nimbec!! I had one of those with Lucas they are amazaballs!! I would have one again if I had the space xx

Oh that's good nimbec! And it'll definitely make things so much easier after your section. And great that it drains out so easily too.

Liam'smom your poor lo! Popping any bones anywhere is enough to make me feel a bit queasy, so I'm sure the poor pet was in agony.

And I'm glad you all agree with me about what my mum said. I think it probably is just that she was annoyed with my aunt for being so awful yesterday (eg snatching the baby away from my granny when he literally sneezed and claiming my granny almost dropped him :dohh: ) as I just can't imagine she would ever let me leave my baby until they were screaming, let alone actually recommend it :shrug: and she certainly has never mentioned anything like this before, so I hope it was just a brain fart on her part!!

Ah thanks Ukgirl pleased you liked it!! I umed and arred for ages!! Lol

I can't quite work out what weight baby grows we are going to need for a bubs I'm guessing some fleecy long sleeves ones and some short sleeves ones incase it's warm?? Have any If yours been this time of year?

Yeh both of mine were born in may. its good to have some long sleeved ones and some short sleaved ones as it will be almost summer when our babies are born but it will still be a bit mild out. I was always told that babies loose most of their heat through their heads so lots of hats are good too x

Liamsmum I forgot to say in my last post that I hope little man is feeling better and Im glad it wasnt anything too serious even though it sounds horrible as it was xx

Thanks hun!! :) well I'm off to try and get some sleep...not sleeping well at all lately. Not sure why I think I'm uncomfy my back hurts and I'm constantly needing the loo! I guess the hourly wake up calls are preparing me For when bubs is born lol!!

Morning ladies! Sorry haven't been on all weekend I have been rafting along and caught up! Had a busy weekend!
Love the bump ukgirl so perfect and round!
I've actually forgotten most of what I read... Duuh lol sorry to anyone, prob everyone I forget! Nimbec (I think it was you) love the bath, If I had the space I wiuld so get one, we have a baby bath, prob won't use it for too long but in those initial first months will prob use that on a dresser as my back has never been the same since carrying Paige!
Doggy lover, you will be a great mum! As ukgirl said it just comes to you! I remember panicking the closer it got onpaiges due date thinking what if I can't do this, as my mil would rub in how perfect her daughter is as a mum and that maybe I could get some tips from her???? I was like wtf? Like ur a great mother? Lol but I have an amazing bond with my lo!
Everyone's styles of parenting are different but the older generations seem to forget things; Paige was the first baby in nearly 7 years, so my mum forgot what is was like and would comment on things I did and how strict I am with her now! I thinks she forgets how strict they were with me! I let Paige have treats etc, but not much as I don't want a hyper child and thinking she can have it for nothing! That gets thrown out the window with her lol!
As for feeding before baby crie, as the child's mother you do learn to read Los cues! It's not for anybody else to say! :) hope ur all ok xx

I think I am going to be such a strict parent! My dh and I are always commenting on things other people do (which is awful, I know :blush:) and saying "I wouldn't allow that...I wouldn't let them say that..." etc. Might be different once we are overwhelmed with a rowdy toddler...but even when we look after my nephew I think we are more strict with him than anyone. We are going to be tyrant parents!!! :haha:

So, I phoned my hospital as my community midwife told me to organise my parent craft classes with them. I said this to the hospital who told me to organise it with the midwife....miscommunications galore clearly. Everyone thinks it's everybody else's responsibility to sort these out lol! And the provision of non-hospital parenting classes in NI is woeful. Another girl mentioned to me she is doing free classes at her local Sure Start centre - ours don't seem to run any (well...not in the first few months of next year anyway), and the NCT ones only run 1/2 times a year and I missed them as well.

Hi everyone

Thanks kealz its great to hear you felt the same when your where expecting your first!

Doggylover i'm the same as you.....LOL I believe in fun times too but i'm going to be very strict on manners/etiquate etc

My partners brothers kid 8yrs old was here this weekend and he basically rules the roost.....haha i couldn't resist but open my gob at the dinner table - we were having sunday lunch at Mil's house and he was roundy shouting throwing himself off the chair rolling on the floor (i was like OMG!!) He would intermittantly eat his food at the table. Mind you i have to say his dad is no role model at all :( . Don't get me wrong he's a lovely kid!

So i piped up with ...'blimey i fear i'm going to be a strict mum, i will be making everyone sit and have dinner/food together and when child has finished they may excuse them selves and go and play' ooooooooops then i back tracked a bit as didn't want to offend mil as she was more in charge than her son! OOOOOOPS!

Then in the evening dinner time again i could not believe the laptop was on the table with football on and son/dad where shouting at it while the rest of us where trying to have a conversation/eat in peace hahaa oh dear am i going to be too strict???!

Not at all nimbec! I totally agree! Even now and my lo is only 18 months, she has to eat all her dinner (sometimes its too much so we set aside an amount on the plate and say eat that then you can have a yogurt) once she is finished (if before us) she has to sit there with us till were finished and can give her a bath (dinner time is messy business lol) but she knows that is what happens! I love my sister and 3 nephews (they are 10, 7 & 6) but she does let them get away with a lot, her oh is the trousers and they listen to him but when he is not around! They come over here don't listen fight argue break Paige's toys and are so heavy handed with her! I get so annoyed and don't get on with the 6 year old! An he plays on it, lies and says someone hurt him when they didn't! My children will not be acting like that I am tellin you now! Children are not silly... Give them an inch they take a mile! Lol x

Oh no nimbec I am 100% with you on that!! My nephew is 18months, and my brother and SIL have started making him ask (as best he can!) if he can be excused from the table. Whereas my cousins who are 5 and 3 just run RIOT at dinner time, so much so that on Saturday my mum did a buffet style dinner rather than sit down because they are so much hassle to try and make sit and eat, because they don't do it at home.

I am a table manner fanatic :haha: when I worked at summer camp in the states the kids who ended up on my table for meals used to HATE it because I made them use a knife and fork for everything (imagine!!) apart from pizza and burgers, and was really strict about the whole thing. I know with a LO that mess is part and parcel (especially as I plan to do baby led weaning!) and I don't mind that, as long as good eating is going on and it's taken seriously! What really annoys me is my mum will make my nephew a dinner, and he eats two bites then refuses to eat any more, so my SIL gets him ANOTHER dinner, which he does the same with and she will get him a THIRD (three is the max I've seen!) before syaing "Ok well if you don't want your dinner you can just have a _____ instead" usually a yoghurt, but sometimes something not quite as Nutritious. He is only wee, but he is getting to that stage where he KNOWS he can play them for what he wants and he is doing it!

How are you ladies doing, im feeling very sleepy today, might aswell the weather i very shitty...

22 weeks today & i def popped :dohh: :haha:

https://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6682/3pics.jpg

Congrats on 22 weeks sparkle! And you are lucky to have only just popped! I popped at about 15 weeks :cry: my beast baby in there! :haha:

I'm so pleased you girls agree with me PHEW! thought i was going to be a big bad oga!!

Sparkle you look fab! and yes why not have a relaxing day!!

I'm shattered, really not sure what to do about my lack of sleeping....i'm waking up with a raging thirst every hour.....gosh i hope its not diabetes kicking in!! Pretty sure its not and its more likely that i'm not drinking enough in the day so today i'm on a mission!!! watch out i'll be writing tomorrow i spent all night on the loo hahahahaha!

Nimbec I am thirsty a lot as well in the evening and at night - I think it's because we have the heating on more now, and sometimes have the fire lit as well.

Someone at school commented on how big my belly is getting lol! This was as I was staring at it in the staff room watching baby thumping away, which totally freaked out the teacher next to me! :haha: she was disgusted! Needless to say...she has no children!

A girl at my school has chicken pox...I'm now feeling itchy all over and am pretty convinced I have it!!! Even though I only saw her once in the last few weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->