April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

HERE IS A PIC OF MY BIG BUMP :)

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8500/8273767605_dabb9b2e1a.jpg
20121214_222156 by Diamond449, on Flickr

RE: CIO... I'm not sure I'd be very successful at it either, but I know of a few people at least who have been recommended by their doctors to try it at night in order to reduce night feedings.

My poor cousin, this is her third LO and he's SUPER tiny. He started out in the top of his percentile, and now he's down at the bottom. The doctor has told her its because he hasn't started on regular foods yet. But he has no interest in eating regular foods, so my cousin was told to stop night time feedings so that when he wakes up he's actually hungry enough to eat the regular food rather than just grazing on milk all the time because he needs to start building up his size again.

So the first night they tried it she ended up sitting on the bathroom floor with the fan on, and the radio on trying to drown out the cries without losing her mind. No one slept that night. Dad would keep going in to check on him to make sure he was ok, and mom was locked away in the bathroom desperately trying not to give in.

It was hard on everyone, but it worked like the doctor said. When he didn't get his night time feedings he was more interested in eating regular foods during the day and he's started to slowly add some more weight back on. So I dunno... :shrug: I think sometimes when it's Dr ordered it might be necessary, but I think I'd be pretty terrible at carrying out those instructions.

yeh it is very tough to fight against your instincts and not go in, but I knew Connie was only crying for attention so we would put her in the buggy or the car and take her out, physically she was fine, no dirty nappy, had been fed etc going back in the room and extending the minutes between checks helped me to stay sane too. Like I said it only took 2 nights and after that she slept through the night and went down easily. It was better for her because she was more awake the day after and happier so we got to go out to play groups and play with other kids her age. If it hadn't worked after the 3rd recommended night I would have stopped x

Me and Connie are making Donuts today and she has a little fake dough which is just water egg and flour shes searching for a warm place for it to rise LOL it has no yeast in it so it wont rise but its a bit cute that she's copying me lol.

Hope everyone's weekend is off to a good start!

I finally got some sleep last night after 4 nights of being awake more than asleep. I was exhausted and my eyes were burning around 9:30, so I decided to go to bed right then in order to try and capitalize on it and hopefully get some sleep. I slept pretty soundly till 2:30, and then had the same problem I've had the last few night of sleeping for an hour or two and then being awake for an hour or two. Sigh. At least a little progress was made!

I've got some chili cooking in the slow cooker for dinner tonight, and I'm off to meet a friend for a lunch date shortly. It's rather gloomy looking outside, but at least it's not raining or snowing!

Um, Lily? Will you come babyproof my house? We JUST got around to babyproofing our 3 dangerous kitchen cabinets and the toilet. That's all other than a couple of outlet covers. :haha:

Ukgirl I love your bump!

Gosh I'm really not sure where ill be on the CIO issue I guess I'll just see how I get on an go from there :s

Hope everyone is ok?

I think I have a new preggy symptom - heart burn ....feels painful from Chest upto throat so I'm guessing that's it ! I'm off to chemist tomorrow and cutting down on my sugary things :(

Nimbec glad to hear everything is ok with the little man.

Ukgirl I love your bump! Your tattoo is gorgeous as well, you look amazing!

Readytomum I'm glad you got more sleep last night, but I hope you start sleeping better ASAP. Is it because you can't get comfy, or just can't seem to switch off and drop off?

Afm, my friend (the one who has been weird about her pregnancy and I have been moaning about in the past!) found out she is having a girl, and she seems to have connected with the baby now and is much more excited, which I am so pleased about :) she still doesn't seem happy to talk about the baby to any of our friends but me, but as I've maybe mentioned, our other friends don't seem that interested in our pregnancies. But I'm so glad that she seems to be feeling happier :) and I'm glad I stuck with her when she was being horrible to me, because it wasn't really anything about me or to do with me at all.

Just back from my parents and a big family dinner with my aunt, uncle and cousins who are three boys under 5- the baby is only 4 1/2 months. There was a big kerfuffle of lost car keys so I got to nurse the baby for the longest time, and I can't wait now until I get to do that with mine!!

Also I wish I had as much faith in my future parenting skills as you ladies seem to! I have this image of me just not understanding what my baby needs, and when they need it, and it being awful because I am a terrible mother!

Thanks doggylover xxx the tattoos are for Connie and Lucas after Benson is norn I will get one for him I havent decided on putting dates around them yet or extending the tattoo round to my back with flowers and my kids names.

I think I remember being terrified about becoming a new mum before I had Connie but after I had her it was like a natural instinct to care for her. I wont say everything was smooth from birth we had feeding issues sleeping issues crying and frustration but after a while I got it and I know you will too xx

so happy that your friend is doing better now and you are back to normal.. almost xxx

I was actually going to ask if it was one butterfly for each of your babies so far. Have you and oh settled on the name benson still, after his uncertain the other day?

And thanks :) I hope that even if everything doesn't go smoothly for us for whatever reasons that we work things out quickly. I mean, I've never had any issues looking after babies, but I know it's going to be just so different when its mine and I'm responsible for everything. But I know my family will be here to help out, and that dh will be super, even if I suck!! :haha:

Awwww haha you wont suck!

Well I put my foot down and said Bensons name is staying as Benson and he said ok so hopefully thats the end of it. My oh is very undecisive!! Xxxx

:haha: if he agreed he must like the name as well or he would have protested more. Men!!

Um, Lily? Will you come babyproof my house? We JUST got around to babyproofing our 3 dangerous kitchen cabinets and the toilet. That's all other than a couple of outlet covers. :haha:

Awww Ukgirl that's such a lovely idea - one for each baby :)

Night ladies!!

Doggylover I'm sure you will be a fantastic mum - just remember we are not ment to know it all, lot la of it is instinctive and we will have help from family friends and midwifes!

UKGirl your bump is such a perfectly round half circle! Looks lovely x

Glad you and your friend have been able to have a better time of things more recently Doggy. And I personally have 100% confidence in your mothering abilities :winkwink: You are so excited and so much a planner and researcher that I am sure things will go well, even with a few bumps :flower:

We had a busy day of lots of errands and now DH is achey and has a high temp. Hoping its nothing serious. He is currently quarantined on the aero bed in baby's room to keep his germs away from us. Poor DH. Hopefully a big sleep will kick whatever it is without him getting sicker or us getting sick at all. I'm drinking loads of water and washing my hands all the time and taking extra vitamin c.

Oh Nimbec, yep the heartburn is horrible. I have a midwife appt this week and I'm going to ask her if there is something else I can take other than tums. Hopefully one of the liquid type things as I feel those work better on coating the poor burning chest. Hope you got something good at the chemist.

We made a quick stop at another baby store to check out a couple more strollers today. We saw the Mamas and Papas Sola and the Mutsy Evo. Mutsy Evo canopy was too small I felt, especially since baby will be so small in summer and I don't want her getting all blinded and hot in the stroller. The Sola was promising. I am slightly worried about some of the reviews online of the customer service issues people have had with M&P. But so far that's the front runner if things don't work out with my Peg Perego plan. And got my nursery rug on sale today :happydance: Eventually it will all come together!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends. Glad to hear people were nice and lazy and staying in bed late- that is what the weekend is for! And hope you get a better sleep tonight Ready to Mum! Night Ladies!

Thanks nimbec and kristabelle <3 I love looking at strollers in the shops they all look so nice! But I wish they were nicer colours than beige and black. When I looked online for the best rated pram/stroller the sola was top of the list. We decided to go with the Obaby zezu though Im not zure which colour yet but I cant find it in shops anywhere. Its a cheap version of the mothercare my4 so they wont showcase it in mothercare I need to look around more after xmas :/

Doggylover men are awful! He would chop and change his mind forever if he could. Then he would go back to our original name. lol he is a sausage! Xx

I bought the sola and Love it!!!! It arrived when they said with all bits I've had no issues. IMO it was by far the best plus they do lots if colours so I opted for the red, as u say Ukgirl black can be a little boring at times!

Yep Nimbec, I would get the red too! Hmmm... you ladies are swaying my decision :haha:

doggylover: I'm not sure what the problem is really with the sleeping! I don't think it's a comfortable issue, and I'm not sure it's a "shutting down" issue either. I think it might be that's when LO starts to get really active, so even though I can't feel proper kicks I do feel sort of weird in the tummy area? If that makes sense. I'm sure it doesn't because I'm not even sure what I mean... lol But it's an awkward/odd sensation and I think that's what is keeping me awake. Last night was much better though. I didn't go to bed till much later than normal, but I slept pretty soundly all night. So maybe LO was having a growth spurt or something which has ended now... :shrug: I have no idea, but I was certainly very glad to get a good sleep finally! :sleep:

It's rainy and gloomy out here today! DH and I were going to check out an outdoors Christmas Market this afternoon with a couple of friends... but I think that plan might end up getting cancelled. Or if we go, it will just be me and DH. Stupid weather. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->