April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Morning ladies! Doggy lover I'm jealous of your extra energy! I feel like I'm draining of energy just watching Paige pull all her books out! Which I hate by the way! I mean obviously I love that she loves her books but she has a book unit in my front room and loads too, like 200... And she pulls them all out so there is no floor to walk on an wants me to read them all to her 1 after the other! Lol it's only 10am and I've read 6 books already! Lol bless her! She is definatly gonna take after her mummy with the reading lol! Hope everyone has a lovely day! Only a week till Xmas! So excited! Can't wait to see Paige's face!!!!! X

I could have written this. Except insert "Maisie" for "Paige!" :haha: I've tried to explain to her that mommy can no longer bend over easily to pick up all the stinking books but she couldn't care less.

Hahaha, which reminds me of a time when I was 38 weeks pregnant with Maisie and shopping in a store in the mall and I squatted (because, you know, bending over was completely not an option at that point) to look at a basket of clearanced hats and socks and I really thought I was stuck and wasn't ever going to be able to stand back up. I ended up having to scoot a knee under myself and push up with my hands off the floor. :haha: It was so embarrassing! So, fair warning - don't squat in a public place when you're 38 weeks pregnant.

:rofl: Noted!!

I already have to debate wether or not I really need something once I drop it lol.

ukgirl -- you're not the only one. My husband does it, too! :haha: Last time we had plumbers out installing a new water heater (this past August), he ended up finding out exactly where they lived (both in our neighborhood, surprisingly!), how many kids they had, etc. :dohh::haha:

Wow, so nauseous today.

So, my daunting plan of going back to school next August just got more daunting! I was planning to apply to every scholarship possible for the school of study I'm trying to go to and just found out I have less than a month to do it! I have to apply for the scholarships before I even apply to the school. :wacko: Having to write essays and take admittance tests and stuff doesn't sound like a great thing to do while pregnant. My brain barely functions enough to get me through the work day at this point.

:rofl: Noted!!

I already have to debate wether or not I really need something once I drop it lol.

Funny you mention that. A penny fell out of my purse when I got out of my car this morning. I stood there debating for at least 20 seconds before I decided to leave it! :rofl: Then I felt incredibly guilty because I'm trying to scrimp every bit I can to make quitting my job during maternity leave a more viable option. But really, it's a penny.

Oh talking of bending over - I was shopping the other day and a woman dropped her lip balm and it rolled to my feet. I tried to bend down and pick it up, but she rushed over and said "No, don't bend over! I got stuck once when I was pregnant!" :haha: It made me laugh a lot.

Littlespy thanks for the tip about squatting in later pregnancy! And don't worry, the penny won't make much difference - just think it would only sit in your wallet anyway!! Yuk yuk and YUK about having to apply for scholarships. But you will ace the essay and tests, even with your pregnancy brain!

Lol that's funny you mention that ukgirl I'm looking to take Paige to peppa pig world after baby is here as a treat for her! I've wanted to take her there fr a while but it's bout an hour and a half in the car... And I don't drive so it would have to be a train and its not cheap! My sil has got us tickets to go and see peppa pig in theatre on the 3rd of January in London, I think I am more excited than Paige haha!

Lol little spy it's funny that they have all the toys in the world yet its books that are messin up the house lol the toys haven't been touched all day! Oh I know what you mean about squatting!! I had that problem, ended up having to get on my hands and knees and pull myself up lol!!!! I was working when pregnant with Paige and got down on my hands and knees to replenish bags, a customer came an I tried to get up as quick as I could and she was moaning that i was sitting down on the job, till I turned round and saw my massive bump and blushed and apologised! I feel that heave now though gosh knows what it's gonna be like later on lol x

I think the reason I feel like that now is that I'm about as big as I was at 38 weeks the first time! :blush:

Attachments

• 23 weeks 4 days.jpg
    23 weeks 4 days.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 6
kealz it is really good in there, if you mean the one at paultons park. It get's really crowded though but the rides are great and they have a mini zoo with penguins :D I would take mine again but they are a bit too old for peppa pig now. But even if you got bored with Peppa pig world you still get free entry to the main park too and they have a lot of great rides for little ones like Paige.
I bet she will love the peppa pig show in London! Connie and Lucas met Peppa Pig a few times but they were really freaked out lol x

Littlespy I'm glad I'm not the only one! haha It was so awkward with Aaron singing footloose and us all starring at the broken boiler in silence haha. x

omg I have to help Connie research Picasso face paintings and I'm suddenly realising that he done a LOT of rudey ones too! :/

Kealz i was thinking about buying gifts for the older children to open when Emme gets here so they don't feel left out.

Doggylover I am glad you have energy too. I am so drained and i think honestly it is just getting worse the closer to 3rd trimester i get.

I have the kind of kids that a toy can be untouched and broken for months and the moment you get ready to throw it away they freak out that you can't because they play with it!!! Oldest DS wants a General Lee Lego set...can't find it anywhere and he swears they are out there.

I have set up for pregnancy portraits at the end of January...i really hope we have all this cleared up by then so my oldest two children can be in them too. I am having Big Sister/Big Brother shirts made in Hot Pink and Tide water Blue so they will all match!

Speaking of Oldest children...my DS opened up about lying in court and why he did it. Called my lawyers office and talked to his secretary and she said he would give me a call back so hopefully there is something we can do!!! They have talked to me every single night after the whole opening up this weekend. DD told me her and her Step Mom got into it over my DH because she is insulting him and DD was pretty pissed and told her off. I really feel that things might just be looking up but who knows i thought that court was going to be a breeze in November too...and look were that got me.

I just had the best thing happen! My step-sons from my previous marriage just came by the office to see me!!!!! EEEKKKK! I haven't seen them since the first of August..... Wow. I can't believe how much they have GROWN! Philip who is 12 1/2 is taller than me now.... UGH... They will be 13 & 14 this summer, where has the time gone. I have been their other mommy since they were 3 & 4 years old. Philip of course didn't want to leave. He just kinda lingered in the door... I have so many mixed emotions right now. So happy to get to see them even if only for a few minutes, but so hard to watch them leave.

Steph I love your avatar!! Cute picture!!

Maybesoon YAY!! How exciting is that. I bet it was hard watching them leave. DH has been in my oldest two's lives since they were 2 yrs old and 6 months old(They are now 10 yrs old and 8 years old). I understand exactly how you are feeling!

ukgirl -- you're not the only one. My husband does it, too! :haha: Last time we had plumbers out installing a new water heater (this past August), he ended up finding out exactly where they lived (both in our neighborhood, surprisingly!), how many kids they had, etc. :dohh::haha:

Wow, so nauseous today.

So, my daunting plan of going back to school next August just got more daunting! I was planning to apply to every scholarship possible for the school of study I'm trying to go to and just found out I have less than a month to do it! I have to apply for the scholarships before I even apply to the school. :wacko: Having to write essays and take admittance tests and stuff doesn't sound like a great thing to do while pregnant. My brain barely functions enough to get me through the work day at this point.

You can totally do it!

I'm still a student, plus this semester for the first time ever I've also taught a university course! So I had to plan the course, plan my lectures and then deliver them, make up the tests and mark them all etc. for the first time ever while also being pregnant for the first time as well!

Pregnancy brain is horrible, but I've discovered I have periods during the day when my brain capacity seems to be back to normal. (or close to it!) So I try to capitalize on those moments. Anything before 11am though... don't even bother. The lights are on, but there's no one home! :haha:

Re: the convo about picking things up.... I'm right there with you on that one ladies! If I've dropped something, it better be important to go through all the effort of picking it up! :winkwink: The cat has learned pretty quickly too that if he wants to be picked up (he's a love bug!) he needs to jump onto something that puts him higher, because the ground is just toooo low. haha He even tries to climb up your legs like a toddler does stretching his arms up. It's pretty sad actually. lol

Omg readytomum.. staying in your own hotel room is awesome! You get those little kettles and chocolates on your pillow and that mini tray which a thousand different types of tea :D and your own bathroom!! HEAVEN!! have fun at Niagra falls! xx

I'm looking forward to it!! DH and I just have a double bed, so with the two of us and the cat it's pretty cozy. I won't know what to do with a Queen bed all to myself. Maybe I'll just sleep diagonally across the whole thing! :haha:

It's really hard since Philip doesn't remember anything before me so it's harder on him. And he & I have always always been very close. They are the reason I stayed with my ex for so long. I just couldn't bare to leave them.

But on a good note they are really happy that I'm having a boy! And they love the name we have chosen.

Aw maybe soon that must be hard... It's nice they came in to see you though!

Mommabrown yeah I'm gonna get Paige some bits, the day I found I was pregnant my sil had a little girl, she also has a son of 2.5 years. We went to see them 4 days later and they hadn't hardly eaten trying to settle in to the new lylifestyle, so I took her flowers, cooked a lovely meal and bought Jacob a giant Rex from toy story as he is mad about him, safe to say I was there favourite person and no body else had thought to do that! Ps really hope your can gettyings sorted now your son has admitted up to it!

Little spy your bump is lovely! Ill try to get some pics later if I can!

ReadytoMum i hog the bed once DH gets up to leave for work...but i find it just isn't the same sleeping with out him so i pile pillows all around me. And as for picking stuff up...haha no way once it's one the ground it stays there unless DH or DS pick it up.

Maybesoon...that is how my oldest DS is. He only knows spending the weekends with my EX and DH being the one taking care of him...DD remembers alot for some reason and knows how much of a douche her dad is and loves the fact that DH loved them even though they were never his BIO children. That means more to a child than anything and obviously they still love you the same back.

Maybesoon thats lovely x

Readytomum I would go for the starfish approach lol xxx

These are my boys! Blonde is CJ, he's 13 1/2. Philip (the tall one) is 12 1/2. They are only 13 months apart!!!!

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 4
Maybesoon what a great way to start the day!!! Maybe now you can see them more often?!

Mommabrown, that is awesome news! Hopefully things will start to turn around and you can have your family back where they belong :hugs:

LittleSpy, super cute bumb!

Do you ladies think that the size of your bumb can determine the size of your baby?? The ladies at work today were taking bets on how big LO was going to be at birth... they all said between 8 and 9 lbs :dohh:. I was hoping for 7 lbs :growlmad:. I really didnt think my bump was that big. My guess is that they have not been around pregnant women much and "assume" my bump is big

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->