April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

urgh yeh antibiotics do that to me too, I had tonsillitis once then I got a UTI and had 3 weeks worth of antibiotics which caused all the good bacteria down there to die which caused a yeast infection which was absolutely awful!! Itchy! lol.. I'll be on the hand gell and detol wipes until this vomit bug has passed over, I have full blown panic attacks when I'm sick and I can't be sick in the toilet. I just can't look at it. I have to be sick in the sink with the tap running to wash it straight away. I have no idea how I managed pregnancy 3 times!! haha

Yeh we were home last year due to the kids having chicken pox and the year before the kids and I all had the flu so I know what you mean!!
Roll on spring and get rid of all these bugs! xx

I'm definately grateful to be having a spring baby that's for sure!!!

Congrats on Team Blue Lily! Just remind your DH that now he can get a batcave. That seems to have worked out well for the other hubbies :haha:

And I love that we have 14 boys & 14 girls! That is just the cutest thing!

I have a really small head and always have trouble finding hats and sunglasses that suit me, so hopefully my child has inherited this trait from me! But hopefully she gets my husbands ridiculously long eyelashes and much more normal hair. Mine is curly and crazy. And it was worse when I was younger my mum always says. She tells me that sometimes she would just leave it how it dried because if she brushed it then it would go even wilder. :haha:

Yes UKGirl I get the breathlessness. It is really weird, like I can't fit as much air into myself anymore. But it doesn't seem to bother me when I am out for a walk, or doing exercise or anything. Just randomly, so maybe depends on what position baby is in? Was going to mention it to my MW tomorrow, but figure its probably one of those "normal" things that comes from having a person living inside you. :haha: Every time I bring something like that up at appts it is always "perfectly normal". Bleeding gums, nosebleeds, inability to breathe... normal, normal, normal! I can't imagine why you don't like being pregnant Maybe Soon, I think its fab! :haha:

Going to have to go to bed soon. I keep alternating between being really tired and getting a decent sleep and then feeling less tired and having crap, crap awful sleeps. It is like vicious annoying sleep cycle from hell! Aaaargh! All I want is :sleep:

maybesoon so am I, it is such a relief that it is going to be a Spring baby, he will grow up during summer and we will get so many chances to go out together. I think it is the perfect timing :)

I love it that we have such a good balance between boys and girls!

kirstabelle thanks hun, dh already has his batcave, but it seems that the baby boy shuttered his dreams of spoiling us with matching outfits with bows on our head lol. He loves to spoil girls, and he adores cutesy princessy stuff on girls. I get it, the great perk of doing the girly stuff with your daughter but I'm happy the baby is healthy and the sex things doesn't really matter to me.

Big heads small heads... I like to think that in my family we are having small babies, and dh has a small head. I have a big one, but I was born very small and super easy. We just have to wait and see.
Oh I see more of us have nosebleeds huh? I don't blow my nose too hard because the other day I had a nosebleed.

Morning ladies! All this talk of big headed baby's is a bit frightening haha! Eeeek!

Well I'm having the normal becky type anxiety this morning as bubs has been extremely quiet over last few days and he's been very active previously :( I called the Midwiffe as I was going out of my mind with all sorts of scenarios and yup she just said it can be normal at this stage and not to panic unless I get period pains or tightening pains such as contractions or the obvious BLOOD gosh why is this journey so so so worrying!! Hope u girls don't think I'm bonkers x

on the topic of big headed babies... get the epidural... no pain! :p haha

I'm just having breakfast before the doctors, I almost fainted again this morning and couldn't do the school run, Aaron was at work so someone from school came and took them in for me which was amazingly helpful. This is the 4th time I've seriously almost fainted now so I will be interested to see what my GP has to say.

nimbec you're not bonkers! I'm a third timer and I'm nervous too so I can't imagine what it must be like for a first timer, I'm sure bubs is fine, mine goes through days of being quiet too I put it down to him using all his energy to grow and develop. xxx

Hey you are not bonkers hun, it is normal to think about those things and worry. We all do more or less.
I know the baby is fine, doctors told me only yesterday but I still worry that they hurt him somehow with all the probing and shaking while trying to make him change position yesterday. I felt they were whacking his little fragile head and wanted to scream at them...

Those feelings are natural as we are mothers... <3

Definitely not bonkers - I made mince pies last night and didn't realise the mince meat had brandy in it. I ate one and it nearly blew my head off (I don't drink, so I can taste alcohol in food so easily) and I panicked majorly about there being too much alcohol.

100 days to go for me!!! :happydance:

Thanks girls! :) youv'e made me feel better already!!

Ukgirl so sorry you are fainting.....def go and see the gp your blood pressure must be really low or maybe you are anaemic? (((hugs)))

Littlespy i know what you mean they are certanly not gentle whilst doing those scans. i guess we just have to remember that we have lots of fluid to protect bubs in there - a nice squishy cushion!

nimbec I'm thinking I'm anemic too I had to take extra iron with both my other kids so hopefully that's all it is I will post back when I've been. My appointment is in 40 minutes :)

Im on my way to hospital now for blood tests. I have a virus which is making my chest tight and Im breathless. little man is fine though. Xx

Oh, Candy, sorry to hear that you're sick, but glad that Benson is doing OK in there, and at least you KNOW that you are sick and hopefully they'll be able to give you something to knock your virus on the head.

FXed for you Candy! I hope its nothing and you'll be back home soon! :hugs:

home now, just have to wait to hear back about my blood test, I'm not sure what the virus is all about, it has some weird name which I forgot though I don't really feel ill either just tired but I have 2 kids and am pregnant.. so.. yeh.... weird :/ She said the virus could last for 3 more weeks :/ xx hope everyone else is doing good? xx

on the topic of big headed babies... get the epidural... no pain! :p haha

Um, until the epi wears off! :haha:
Of course I joke, ladies. We all know labor, delivery, and recovery won't be a super fun pleasurable feeling party-time. But it's an incredible experience! And your body is equipped with this amazing amnesia defense that makes you forget most of the stuff you didn't enjoy in pretty short order. :winkwink:

ukgirl -- Weird about the virus! Do the symptoms change throughout or is it just a breathless tired feeling? Glad everything else is fine!

nimbec -- Definitely not bonkers. :flower: I've had this bad fear lately of going into labor preterm. Not sure what that's about since realistically I'm sure to go overdue again! :haha: I also had a dream last night that I was bleeding bright red blood again. I was so afraid to check when I woke up this morning. No, of course everything is fine. Felt baby wiggles a couple times this morning (though really not as much as usual, but usually I feel her nearly constantly it seems). :wacko:

lily -- I had a little gender disappointment with Maisie. I'm a bit of a tomboy and couldn't imagine having a little girl. I HATE the pastel pink princess crap. I don't mind some pink, but there are just so many other colors! :haha: But then I got used to the idea and I realized it absolutely doesn't matter if she's a girl or a boy, she can do the exact same stuff. So she does! I just fell in love with her as a person. Makes absolutely no difference to me what her gender/sex is. I'm sure the same will happen for your husband. He's going to love having a little boy. :cloud9: Haha, though I do deal with people asking me if she's a boy or girl a lot, or just assuming she's a boy because she's not decked out in pink from head to toe every day. But that's just people. It doesn't bother me at all. I don't plan on her being androgenous forever, unless she wants to be, I guess. She's just in a stage now where you can't really tell. She hates hair bands and bows and even rips pig tails right out. I just don't want to smother her in pink all the time. She has pink clothes, but she also has some "boy" clothes. I guess I just want to expose her to all of it and let her choose what she wants later. And while I'm continuing on this tangent, I got sad and maybe a little angry when I was shopping in Target near Halloween and this little boy (like 3 years old) really wanted a pink jackolantern candy bucket. And his mom kept telling him, "You can't have a pink one! You're a boy! You have to choose green, blue, or orange!" I mean, come on!! Let the kid have a damn pink jackolantern bucket if he really wants one. It's not like he was 6-7 and would get teased by peers in school about it (but even then, I'd let him have it). Just ridiculous to me. It's a color! Why does it matter that much? That's what I get living in the South, I guess. :shrug:

Haha littlespy second time round is easier ;) I had to be cut first time but second time no cuts or tears. He had a bigger head too due to swelling as his delivery was so long.

well I know more now about my illness which actually isnt a virus its an inflammation of the cartilidge between the ribs called costachondritis it is common in pregnancy and stays until after birth. its caused by a minor trauma or by the internal organs being pushed up meaning we breath more with our chest muscles. theres no treatment except hot or cold presses. so if you get pain around your sternum and breathlessness now you know why!! :) xx

Haha littlespy second time round is easier ;) I had to be cut first time but second time no cuts or tears. He had a bigger head too due to swelling as his delivery was so long.

well I know more now about my illness which actually isnt a virus its an inflammation of the cartilidge between the ribs called costachondritis it is common in pregnancy and stays until after birth. its caused by a minor trauma or by the internal organs being pushed up meaning we breath more with our chest muscles. theres no treatment except hot or cold presses. so if you get pain around your sternum and breathlessness now you know why!! :) xx

I just freak myself out that now I have so much stiff scar tissue that it's going to be even worse this time. I'll be starting perineal massage in like a month! I didn't do it with Maisie because I thought it was silly. Well... I no longer think it's silly! :haha: Not that it will help, necessarily, just figure it can't hurt.

Oh, more pregnancy symptom fun! Well, I guess it's good it's not a virus that your kids can catch at least, but hopefully it doesn't last for 4 more months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->