April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

LOL doggylover!! I would like to say it gets better after birth but I remember my brain cells coming out in my breast milk too!!

I'm getting worried now, Connie was off school 2 weeks ago because she threw up, so I kept her home for the 2 dys they ask us to after a kid has been sick, then Luke was off most of last week because he had that irus and ear infection and temps of almost 40c, then monday Connie was feeling sick and dizzy and had a cold so I let her stay home which she miraculously recovered from mid morning so sent her back yesterday, then this morning as we were about to leave I almost fainted.
Aaron doesn't finish work until about 10am now because of xmas, so I called the school and told them I had almost fainted and didn't want to risk taking them to school alone in case I fainted on the roadside leaving a 4 and 6 year old alone next to a busy road. I said Aaron would bring them after work, but she said one of the teachers could pop across and get them for me. So I agreed and they went.
Then Connie told me just before bed that they asked her to fill in a questionnaire when she got in asking her questions like, are you happy? are you shy? do you daydream a lot? and now I'm worried that they are trying to investigate my kids behind my back.
Do they do that if they are concerned about a kid Doggylover? I'm so worried.

Well I work in secondary education, so we would be a lot more straight up in asking if there are any problems with kids, and investigating that way as they are obviously more able to express themselves and their feelings than young ones.

But I have never heard of anything like this before, even when I was studying and we worked with primary teachers for child protection. Check with connie to make sure that its something just she had to do, and its not something she missed when she was off, and taken out of context it seems weird. If you are concerned maybe just mention to her teacher that things have been tough the last few weeks as both kids have been ill, and you have now found out you have a pregnancy related virus which has meant you haven't been as "on the ball" as usual, and that you really appreciate their help picking the kids up and making sure they were caught up on school work they missed. Just a gentle way of saying "back off- we are fine, we've just been sick!"

Don't worry too much, if they have a serious concern about the kids one of the first things they should be doing is contacting you.

thanks hun - I asked her if everyone had to do it and she said that the lady come from the office (the one who walked her in this morning) and asked for her only. I tried to ask why and she didn't know :/ I really don't need that on top of everything else right now. In nursery their dad set the NSPCC on me and they called Connie's teacher behind my back. I knew nothing about it until I got a letter saying they had investigated and seen that everything was fine and they were closing the case :/ I'm going to call the teacher tomorrow or pop in the office and talk to her. To ask her why.

Candy, sorry to hear! I would go in and ask as well. Maybe its ust a yearly review they do with the kids (indevidually) to see if there are any concerns?! It could just be routine? Either way, I'm sure they will tell you if you ask them.

Mommabrown and Maybe, sorry to hear about the health issues in the family! I do like your idea maybesoon about the tazer :haha:

I just realized, I am down to the last 4 fruit tomorrow :happydance:. I know they will be there for 4 weeks each, but this means we are almost in the homestretch!!!!!!!!
I am sooo tired today... could really use a nap.

Given your history with all the shit with your ex I'm sure it's hard for you when something like this happens :hugs: I think asking them is a good idea, it will help out your mind at ease. Remind them that if they have any concerns they can always phone you to ask or check anything out. We like to hear that ;)

thank you ladies :) yeh I will call the lady tomorrow and ask her why Connie had to do that. I feel like an absolute basket case lately! I swear usually I'm tough and just get on with it but the slightest thing send me over the edge. I think I have just a bit too much on my plate right now. Hopefully when court is finished with life can get back to normal. I really hope this silly little questionnaire is just a routine thing otherwise I'm not going to be happy at all!

:hugs: you definitely have a lot going on right now. Christmas will hopefully be a good, relaxing break for you, Aaron and the kids. You deserve it!

Ukgirl here they can do that if they think there is something going on and they never have to inform you. The school counselor can ask these things just to see how the kids are feeling and dealing if the teacher complains about behavioral changes. I hope that it is nothing. Just talk with the teachers and see what is going on.

Grr dh and I just had a fight- which is very, very rare.

As I mentioned we are changing some room stuff about, and got two big bookcases from ikea for the redone family room. The room that is to be the nursery is currently dh's "study" but in reality it's just a total junk room. I told him not everything in there is coming down to the new room, and that all the stupid model planes and cars he has in there are not coming. So of course he gets all defensive and starts saying "so I'm not allowed anything in here?" To which I point out that a) 85% of the books in the bookcases already are his shit, and he doesn't even read and b) where in the house does he see me displaying stupid crap like those planes? Nowhere! It'd be different if he made them all or had been collecting them for years - he bought them all in the last two years pre made! He has zero interest in them, so what the fuck is the point?! The new family room is not a replacement junk room for him. He can stick his planes where the sun don't shine. :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

lmao doggylover!!!! Good for you! Men & their crap! I tell you what I look around our house & every single corner has a stash of just crap that my dh just won't throw away. I told him last night (after the kids were told to clean their toys up off the floor or they were going to kids that would cherish & respect them) he has this weekend to get all his cluttered shit up & put away or I'm doing it for him which means it's all going in the dumpster. I'm so sick & tired of him keeping everything. Every single piece of paper one of his kids marks on he keeps.... It's a freaking fire hazard. Freaking boots with holes & no bootstrings... wtf get rid of that shit....

thanks hun - I asked her if everyone had to do it and she said that the lady come from the office (the one who walked her in this morning) and asked for her only. I tried to ask why and she didn't know :/ I really don't need that on top of everything else right now. In nursery their dad set the NSPCC on me and they called Connie's teacher behind my back. I knew nothing about it until I got a letter saying they had investigated and seen that everything was fine and they were closing the case :/ I'm going to call the teacher tomorrow or pop in the office and talk to her. To ask her why.

You're sounding about as paranoid as I have been lately! :haha: Of course I understand in your case because it's your children but I'll bet it's something like doggylover or steph said and may be a routine guidance-counselor type thing.

My paranoia at work begain last week. The volume on my office phone keeps getting changed somehow. Last week one day it was turned all the way up and made me jump it scared me so much when it rang. Then yesterday I realized I hadn't gotten any phone calls all day and saw that the ringer volume was turned all the way down and I had missed a bunch of calls. So, I started to get a little suspicious. Then I came into work this morning and my office was closed and locked bu the light was on (they're on a motion sensor so it's impossible to leave it on overnight)! And my printer was all jacked up (the top was open and paper on it shuffled around). And then I became the super paranoid pregnant lady who thought someone has been pranking me and/or snooping around my office for the last week.

I figured out mid-day, after accusing my friend (jokingly... sort of) of rummaging through my office and trying to set me up for something or prank me, that the cleaning crew had come in to vacuum this morning. :rofl: :dohh: I guess they accidentally bumped into my printer or something. I was seriously freaking out that someone was out to get me at work, though, after everything that has been going on here the last month or so! :haha::blush:

:rofl: that's me after a wee bit of alcohol...but not usually cake!!!

Well, rum cake is cake SOAKED in rum. :haha: This thing was from the Bahamas and was completely saturated!

More like some cake with your rum rather than some rum on your cake?! And lol at your paranoia!

Maybesoon glad my dh is not the only hoarder/messy f-er in the world! I told him the reason we are sorting all this stuff out is to make room for the baby's stuff...so he needs to get it boxed and into the attic at the very least! He was by upset tonight, he did apologise for getting so upset...the big girl :haha:

You are probably absolutely right littlespy! I take good care of my babies they are well fed healthy clean and have a newly washed and ironed uniform for every day of school. So they were sick a few times. It is winter and I cant control that. I will still ask about it tomorrow and see what they say. Ive been paranoid with Aaron lately too and our relationship is amazaballs.

that is spooky about yojr office phone volume! Maybe you have an office ghost? Lol Im joking but it is funny how pregnancy turns us into insecure paranoid emos who haha. xx

Omg Doggylover Im so sorry but your rant about ypur oh made me literally lol.. you are totally right though he should get rid of the shit he isnt using or into anymore.. Aaron moved in here months ago and I finally managed to get him to unpack his last 3 boxes and omg yu should have seen these god awful shirts he had!! They were gross and about 2 sizes too small but he wouldnt get rid of them.... hes like a horder haha I think he just wants to hang on to it because he wants to be stubborn! Men! They call us difficult! Xx

"Then Connie told me just before bed that they asked her to fill in a questionnaire when she got in asking her questions like, are you happy? are you shy? do you daydream a lot? and now I'm worried that they are trying to investigate my kids behind my back"

I am a social worker, it sounds like a wishes and feelings worksheet that do get completed in school if there are concerns, however it is also done every now and again with every child for their records. To reassure you I can guarantee that if school do have concerns they have a duty to tell you and if a referral is made to social services, on the information you provided it would not get anyway passed the phone call from them. Try not to worry
Sarah

Doggylover b lol! Seriously, are all men the same? My husband has a HUGE room full of CRAP. I'm talking toys he bever plays with or.... Boxes full of 8 year old junk mail from one time when he moved before we met. It drives me crazy!! I have a tiny corner in the room with some organized fabric/craft supplies. I told him it would be nice to have some room in ther to store stuff like clothes dd has outgrown that we need to keep for dd2 or some of my stuff I've hsd to store shoved in random corners of the house. He tells me MY stuff is all over the house. I had to explain to him that the furniture and kitchen appliances do not constitute MY stuff. :dohh:

ukgirl: Hopefully it's a just a routine thing, but best to ask if you're concerned about it, and then you'll know for sure!

doggylover: my DH is a huge hoarder too! It drives me insane. I'm not a "clutter" person... if I'm not using something or don't see a need for it in the immediate future- I chuck it! He used to be a geologist before going back to school to be a teacher, and he still has his huge field kit in the closet along with several pairs of boots and a bunch of rock samples. I keep telling him that crap has got to go, or at least be downsized, because there's no where to put it! And his parents have a ton of rock samples at their house that they want him to sort out too, and his dad keeps telling him he has to take them here... and everytime he suggests it I'm like hell no! You have a basement to store that crap, we have NO where to store it!

Tomorrow afternoon we have our second anatomy scan. Fingers crossed for me that this U/S will be more pleasant that the last one and that they'll get all the angles they need, we'll get our photo CD, and someone will actually talk to us about our results and confirm LO's gender! :wacko:

Friday DH and I are meeting with a financial planner for the first time, which I'm really looking forward to! We're hoping she'll give us a good plan for paying off student debt etc. while trying to save a little bit for the future as well. My sister met with her last year and had *amazing* results... so I have high hopes!

Hi ladies, so just got back from my scan and everythings perfect. Oh didn't come with me so I asked the sonographer to write the gender on a piece of paper. We have just looked together and we are having a little..... GIRL!! Woohoo!

I had to explain to him that the furniture and kitchen appliances do not constitute MY stuff. :dohh:

This is exactly what my dh said too!!

It seems like all us ladies have men who are hoarders :haha: must be a man thing!

Kristy so glad your scan went well and your little girl is doing great! Congrats on :pink:

Readytomum good luck at your scan today. Can't wait to hear the news on whether the last scan info was right (despite your sonographer being an idiot!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->