April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Steph I put a t shirt on earlier this week to lounge about the house in...it barely got past my belly button :haha: it looked so stupid! And this is one of my normally loose tops!

Maybesoon I am also usually by flat chested and dh actually just said earlier when io was getting changed "omg your boobs are huge!" I feel like they are drooping and sitting on top of my bump! :rofl:

bwhahaah it seems that my solution to all of this: I stuff something to eat in my mouth and am surprised that I constantely feel full!

I FINALLY FELT A KICK THIS MORNING!! I actually felt like 4! I was just laying in bed after waking up and felt what I thought might be a kick, so I put my hand there and got kicked a few more times. So I called for DH to come over quickly and he got to feel Fraggle kick too!!! I'm sure there have been other kicks before this one, but this was strong enough that there was no mistaking it. :cloud9: I'm so excited we both finally got to feel LO move!!

Thanks for all the well wishes on the scan... I'll update later when we get back! :flower:

Me too me too.....when I was sat in the car this afternoon! And when I was driving home from work tonight....well I think it was kicks!!!!!!

doggylover mine are sitting on top of my bump. I really don't understand why my bump is so freaking high when Mason is still under my belly button. It's really funny because from behind you can't tell I'm pregnant but let me turn around & WOW!

Hi everyone, now as I'm writing this I'm using my phone because my computer charger is broken :( Anyway I'm trying to remember who wrote what. So please forgive me if I get names muddled up. I'm trying to remember in my head! Lol. Lilly28- my oh hasn't been able to see any of the scans or heard the heartbeat yet, so we are having a private 3D scan in a few weeks time. At least your hubby has heard the heartbeat, that's such a wonderful thing to hear!! Doggylover- that's so funny! Your friend sounds just like me! I think it's excitement that takes over and you just have to tell the world!! :). LittleSpy- that's hilarious! Your mum will have to exchange the blue stuff for pink! That's one reason I told everyone, because so many thought I was having a boy. ( even me! Lol) at least you lasted 2 weeks untill your told! I just couldn't do it. My mum rang and was like " so how did your scan go?" I told her everythings perfect, and she kept saying" and?" lol. I knew what she wanted. Then she was trying to get me to slip saying " so could you see how big HE is?" or " so SHE looks healthy?" haha god love her. About an hour later I blabed!! I hope I haven't missed anyone! And hope you are all doing great! Goodluck to those with up coming scans!! I'm excited, as today is OH's last day of work and then he has a week off! He hasn't had any holidays for 12 months so we are all looking forward to him being home :)

On rapidly growing bumps: My husband made me feel like a princess earlier when I was looking in the mirror and said "Wow, Deucey has grown a lot the last couple of weeks!" and he replied, "Yeah, McDonald's has nothing to do with it." :dohh::growlmad::nope: I proceeded to inform him that I can still squeeze my ass into all my pre-pregnancy pants, so that can't have anything at all to do with it(denial). :haha: Really, though, I have gained more than I wanted to (since I wanted to lose) but I haven't gained that much (8#).

I'm still in the same pants I was in before getting pregnant. It's all in my HUGE belly. My belly button has already become an outie.... YUCK!!!!

LittleSpy, don't feel bad, I was on the phone with OH yesterday and told him that my legs have really started to hurt lately and his response was: Well I'm sure working out would make them feel better! :dohh:
Sure would, but so would a leg rub :growlmad: . Needless to say, I made him promise me one for this weekend :haha:

Maybesoon, I still fit into all my pants (without zipping them of course :haha:) I just really prefer maternity pants at this point lol.

Steph I have 3 pairs of them my MIL has gotten me for Christmas! I can't wait til Tuesday so I can finally have them!!!

Well here is the bump pic of why I feel like I do.....

The second pic is from 2 weeks ago....

Attachments

• 12-20-12 21.6 week bump.jpg
    12-20-12 21.6 week bump.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 19.5 week bump.12-5-12.jpg
    19.5 week bump.12-5-12.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 3
Maybesoon, super cute bump!!

I havnt taken a pic since 18 weeks, so I don't have the comparison... but I can feel the difference lol

Attachments

• 25 weeks.jpg
    25 weeks.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 11
Guess I should have saved the pic upright but oh well :dohh:....

Hey ladies!

So the scan today went MUCH better. The woman was a lot nicer and certainly much more gentle. I didn't feel like she was trying to burst through my uterus like the last one!

They got the remaining pics they needed and everything is normal. We were hoping she could double check the gender for us, but cheeky LO had his legs closed tight so there was no chance to check! I have my regular doctors appointment tomorrow, and she'll go over the results with us. So I'm looking forward to that. Unless we get told differently tomorrow I'm going to assume that we're team :blue: as originally predicted at the first U/S!

So here's a side profile and crossed legged photo of Peter Malachi, AKA Fraggle:

Attachments

• 22weeks.jpg
    22weeks.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 3
  • fragglelegs.jpg
    fragglelegs.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 6
Lovely pics!!

Well the joys of pregnancy here I am 4am wide awake :(

As for fitting in per preggy clothes ladies I'm super jealous I can't get any where near mine lol!!! Still a good excuse to buy some new clothes - wonder how long it will take to get back in regular clothes.....

Hope everyone is ok!

I will pass the cloth nappy tips over to my friend - thanks all!

Right time to toss and turn for a while longer lol!

Congrats on a more official team blue Ready to Mum!

Everyone's bumps look great! And Maybe Soon your boobs do look bigger than in your previous pics! They look very proportional to your lovely bump though. I am still having a crap time with bras as well. I have just been wearing the racerback front-close cotton kind from VS because the backs are nice and small. I have hated all the nursing bras I have tried so far. Prob because I think I am actually a 32E now and have only seen that size online. Just going to keep sizing up my cheap VS ones for now and then when I get closer to due date spend some $ getting some sizes online.

Steph82 love your pretty dress! Jealous of your nice Floridian weather, I am wearing no such outfits now!

Glad you have figured out a plan Little Spy. We will all be testing your knowledge in a few months! Glad you said you liked Flips. I have lots of Flip covers now because they went on buy one get one free on Cyber Monday and I had planned to get two to try and so ordered two and got the two free, then told my MIL about the sale and she bought me six. So hope they fit baby!! Lots of people seem to like them though so I can always sell them if they don't work out. I'm planning to do fitteds with covers, some PUL and wool for naps and night because I knit so I have made a bunch of soakers and longies. I am going to do a rental program for kissaluvs size 0's and got some little newborn rumparooz covers on black friday sale, plus a couple of size 1 thirsties. So that should get us through the nb stage. Then I got some of the workhorse fitteds size small also on sale on Black Friday. I registered for One Size Fitteds, motherease and kissaluvs. I got a few Best Bottoms with some inserts too as I thought they might be good for travel, babysitters and the diaper bag. Also registered for a few bits and pieces I want to try like a few hemp prefolds and some hemp stay dry doublers etc. Planning to eventually get some of those sunbaby pockets too, the bamboo kind. Love the prints and the price. We're also going to do the flushable liners, UK Girl. That was a selling point for DH! :haha:

And Little Spy my DH said to me yesterday "you look so pregnant! Is that normal? You look like you are nine months pregnant!" Ummmm... I am still doing up my non-maternity pants just fine!! :dohh: I think DH is in for a rude awakening when I actually get to 9 months. :haha: And congrats on V Day.

And I forget what else I was going to say. And I am an eggplant!!

Oh lord kirstabelle you have made me feel so underprepared with my meagre stash of cloth! :haha: yours sounds amazing!

What the heck is all this talk of still fitting into pre-pregnancy pants/trousers?! Mine go on my body...but I'd need a 10ft rope to actually try and keep any of them up! Zips nowhere near meeting! You skinny Minnie's! I can still wear some tops, but of course they are the loose ones. I did just grow out of my last pair of normal trousers last week...but that was a bit of a stretch tbh. I had the button undone all day!

I freaked out this morning. I was reading a reduced movement thread on third tri board, and usually when I wake up baby is all excited for the day ahead. Today, not so much (not the only one either!) so I was jumping around the bed, to the point where I woke up oh, and only got pathetic kicks. Had to run and get the Doppler, and everything of course sounded fine!

Half day of school today then it's the holidays whoooooo!

I haven't got any cloth nappies at all yet doggylover but I'm loving the look of fuzzibuns and rumperoos. Which ones do you have?

Littlespy it's great you know what you want to do now! I changed my mind so much then one day it hit me that nursing was for me and I love it! Mainly the medicine side, not the wiping of poo lol.

readytomum congtrats on team blue even if it isnt quite official yet xx

well you lovely ladies who can still fit in your pre pregnancy trousers, I hate you all! lol.. mine stopped fitting at 8 weeks, I can no longer reach my toes or see my.... you know... GLAMOROUS!

Well I almost fainted a few times this morning, one on the school run, my legs started to go and I was like oh shit not here not here not here, you can bet your savings too that on the one day you feel like that you'll run into everyone you know! Hopefully breakfast will bump me up a bit because I have to go fight for a furby in toys r us! save me!

Just some little lambs and tots bots, for newborn stage and up to size 2 in tots bots, but will get more over the next while.

Readytomum forgot to say congrats on a great scan, and I love the name Peter! Can't wait for team blue to be officially confirmed!

Afm, massive pregnant lady moment this morning! We had a whole school carol service in our assembly hall. 500 people in a small space = HOT. I was fanning myself like crazy, and then had to LEAVE because it got so hot! Of course everyone else was fine, but I was roasted!

And bless them, they were all fussing round me "do you need a chair/a drink etc" "you're very pale..." My colleagues are so sweet!

But I felt so PREGNANT!

hi girls, just checking in! Hope youre all well xx

Congrats on a more official team blue Ready to Mum!

Everyone's bumps look great! And Maybe Soon your boobs do look bigger than in your previous pics! They look very proportional to your lovely bump though. I am still having a crap time with bras as well. I have just been wearing the racerback front-close cotton kind from VS because the backs are nice and small. I have hated all the nursing bras I have tried so far. Prob because I think I am actually a 32E now and have only seen that size online. Just going to keep sizing up my cheap VS ones for now and then when I get closer to due date spend some $ getting some sizes online.

Tip -- You may want to wait until after delivery to buy any spendy nursing bras. Maybe buy one that is the size you think you are at the time. It's possible (though not guaranteed) you'll grow another cup size or two after your millk production starts! :wacko: I'd hate for you to spend a bunch of money and think you're all set and then have them end up being too small!

The most comfortable nursing bras I could find are um... Agh, I can't remember the name. I have one on right now. :haha: I think Bestform. I'll update after I check it in the bathroom if that's wrong. I paid $10 for 2 of them I found on clearance online (2 years ago). I'm going to have to go up a cup size this time, I think (YAY!!!!!!), because with all the alfalfa and natural progesterone cream, my boobs are actually growing a small bit this pregnancy! :happydance: I was totally shocked when I went to the store to try on nursing bras to see if I was indeed up a cup size and I could only find ONE bra big enough (Just 38DD! :shrug:). I don't have huge boobs to begin with, and they don't grow much during pregnancy and breastfeeding... and I still have a hard time finding a big enough bra? I mean, how many woman wear a 34A while breastfeeding? :wacko: Not many. And that's like all they were stocked with! And it wasn't like they were just sold out of the bigger bras and hardly had any in stock. There were a TON of A-cup bras! Some stocker hasn't been paying any attention!

Anyway, with dd, I ended up wearing a lot of front-close sports bras, anyway. They are more comfortable, and generally cheaper... and are completely fine for nursing, especially around the house. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->