April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

my boobies went from DD's to E's during pregnancy and then G's when I first started breastfeeding so buy cheapy 2 pack bras for pregnancy and big booby feeding bras after delivery x

I'm super happy, we got a 3 pack of robe towels from babies r us in the sales and a breast pump from TKmaxx for £20! oh and a cookie monster outfit for a tenner sooo cute!

Jeepers ladies, you all have massive knockers :rofl:

Normally I am a 34B...and that's a small B just to clarify :blush: I'm so excited that I've gone up to a C cup during pregnancy!! I feel like Pamela Anderson :haha: which is just sad considering all the size of them!!

Jeepers ladies, you all have massive knockers :rofl:

Normally I am a 34B...and that's a small B just to clarify :blush: I'm so excited that I've gone up to a C cup during pregnancy!! I feel like Pamela Anderson :haha: which is just sad considering all the size of them!!

Ha! I'm at now where you started doggylover! lol Even being pregnant hasn't given me any boobs. :rofl: I'm still only at 38B. That is one catagory I'm certainly not blessed in!

Doctor's appointment went well today. She explained our results, and said that we should expect LO to be a boy as predicted on the U/S. She told us that if they put "likely male" it's because they've seen male bits, and that's much more accurate than if they guess girl, because it could still end up being a boy. She also told us they never write 'definite girl or boy' because of legal reasons (which I figured!) and that she's never known them to be wrong. So the sheet says boy, and Peter is still Peter!

We're officially team blue! :blue: I always had a hunch Fraggle was a boy, and I'm pretty excited about having a boy. Ever since I was young I've always wanted to have a boy first. And now we will--can't wait to meet little Petey!!

Lol readytomum I'm actually wearing a B cup bra right now, and it fits just fine. I think I just like to think I'm a C cup now! Very sad times for us!!!

That's great news about your appointment, and congrats again on being :blue:!!!!

So, ladies, talk to me about clothes for baby. I need to know how much to get and how much everyone else has! I know for ladies with LOs already you will have loads, but what would you ladies recommend getting?

LOL doggylover... hate to upset you all but your boobies shrink after breast feeding too, mine went down to a B after feeding Connie and Lucas and took a few years to get back up to Ds again lol.

EDIT: on the clothes front I had to leave my other LO's smaller clothing in Norway when we moved back here so I only had the special clothing. Coming home clothes and birthday clothes etc. So i'm practically buying all new. You don't need much, you'll find that people will buy you a lot when baby is born as birth presents. Plus other mummies will be dying to offload their unwanted clothing on you usually too. I have got 2 pairs of trousers, 3 sleep suits, a pack of 3 short sleeved vests, 3 jumpers, a micky mouse dungaree set and now a cookie monster set :D :D :D I need got some scratch mittens too (very important) and 2 pairs of booties, I need to buy more socks and hats. You need hats and baby grows more than anything, and sick cloths, lots of those! I will probably be getting lots of dribble bibs too so I'm not having to change jumpers and grows so often due to dribble and spit up! x

doggylover I'm normally a 34 B & that's barely a B. But right now I'm like a 36-38 C-D depending on how it's made. I HATE it! They get in the way of everything!!! I don't know how busty girls do it on a daily basis. I am thankful they don't hurt right now like they did in the 1st trimester!

Lol readytomum I'm actually wearing a B cup bra right now, and it fits just fine. I think I just like to think I'm a C cup now! Very sad times for us!!!

That's great news about your appointment, and congrats again on being :blue:!!!!

So, ladies, talk to me about clothes for baby. I need to know how much to get and how much everyone else has! I know for ladies with LOs already you will have loads, but what would you ladies recommend getting?

Bwhahaha... I have bought a few things (ok more then a few :blush:) but my mom has gone way overboard :haha:. I think its safe to say that Grayson has more outfits then me or Rob ahahah. We have a mix of 0-3 (not that many), lots of 3-6 (since i'm expecting to have a big baby to start with lol), and some 6-9 and 9-12. My mom is still out buying every week :dohh:. I try to tell her that she needs to wait until after the babyshower but there is no stopping a first time grandma :rofl:

Maybe soon lol at "they get in the way of everything" my bump is the bit of me doing that!! But glad to hear I'm not the only small chested lady out there!

Ukgirl they shrink?! Mine will be inverted! :haha: and thanks for the clothing info, that's roughly similar to what I have at the minute which makes me feel better. A girl on another thread I'm on has ALL THE CLOTHES EVER MADE for her LO and I panicked! But yeah, we have all vests and sleep suits, and then hats/mittens etc. I'm not massively into outfits for tiny babies, so as you said, I'll let people get those for us for presses (assuming a lot from people I know here!)

LOL doggylover... hate to upset you all but your boobies shrink after breast feeding too, mine went down to a B after feeding Connie and Lucas and took a few years to get back up to Ds again lol.

EDIT: on the clothes front I had to leave my other LO's smaller clothing in Norway when we moved back here so I only had the special clothing. Coming home clothes and birthday clothes etc. So i'm practically buying all new. You don't need much, you'll find that people will buy you a lot when baby is born as birth presents. Plus other mummies will be dying to offload their unwanted clothing on you usually too. I have got 2 pairs of trousers, 3 sleep suits, a pack of 3 short sleeved vests, 3 jumpers, a micky mouse dungaree set and now a cookie monster set :D :D :D I need got some scratch mittens too (very important) and 2 pairs of booties, I need to buy more socks and hats. You need hats and baby grows more than anything, and sick cloths, lots of those! I will probably be getting lots of dribble bibs too so I'm not having to change jumpers and grows so often due to dribble and spit up! x

I sooo hope your right on the boobs shrinking after everything lol. Ive always been a 34D and really would much prefer a B or C lol

thing is doggylover I went overboard and brought tonnes of cute little girl baby dresses with tights and cute little outfits, but then so did my friends, and I got given a lot, so half of the stuff we had for her hardly got worn, they are only in it for 3 months at a time for the first year then only 6 months for the second year and it flies by so fast. If there is something you forget to buy it's easily brought from tesco, asda, or sainsburies for a few quid. I don't think it's practically a good thing to have so many outfits either because 1 space and 2 trying to get rid of them afterwards lol xx

Just a quick off topic Q, has anyone seen the Chicco nunu and considered it? I had a go with it at babies r us today and fell madly in love with it!

Hey ladies! On the subject of bras and boobies, I was a 34b before Paige! After breastfeeding they did shrink a bit, but I'm up to a 36dd!!!!! I haven't been measured since being pregnant this time, I need new bras though as I'm bulging! But will wait till new year coz I'm hopin to some money on my bday (31december) so ill treat myself then!

As for clothes doggy, I have none at the mo just a few blue bits like a jumper and baby grow! My sil is giving me some bits but I don't know what and I'm having a baby shower in march! As most of my stuff from Paige is pink, ill need mostly all new clothes I only have a few neutral bits! But ill wait till I know what I have from baby shower but will ask ppl to get a mixture of age groups! My mum went mad at my baby shower for Paige and bought a whole wash basket of clothes for Paige! From new baby to 18months so I'm still in a few bits now! Only just ha to go out and buy her more bits for the next age range for her! Don't go too mad though, I was lucky coz Paige got decent wear out I most of her stuff, some wasn't worn but don't forget every baby is different! She grew at a decent rate, my niece is just 5 months old and a chunk and in 9 month bits width wise lol so she hasn't had much wear of anything haha xx

It's sad times indeed! lol I think DH was more dissapointed than anything. He kept reading in his "books for dad" about how they were supposed to be undergoing this massive expansion project. Sorry to burst your boob bubble! :rofl:

For clothing so far we have about 9 onsies (which I think you call vests?) and then we have 6 long sleeved/legged sleepers which are all in the 0-3m size range. And then we have 3 onsies in the 3-6m, 1 sleeper in the 6-9m and a pair of overalls in the 6-9m. We have several knit hats, and two cloth hats, as well as a few fairs of knit booties and a few non-knit ones. We have one bib.

We just sort of pick up things we can't resist as we see them, but I think we're definitely done on the 0-3 sleepers! Almost all of the stuff came from second hand stores too, so even if LO only wears them a few times it won't be a big loss. We'll be trying to buy bigger sized stuff now when the urge strikes to get another outfit!

lol talking about overboard..... My bff has already bought Mason a winter coat for next year!!!!

Steph that's nice that your mom is buying so much - Grayson will never run out of clothes!!!

And Kealz that's also amazing that your mum bought Paige so much stuff! My SIL always says that they hardly had to buy anything for my nephew for the first year as they got so much as presents too. Hopefully people I know will be as generous!

I just did an inventory :)haha:) of our clothes and since, like some of you ladies, I'm expecting my baby to be a chunky monkey, I am all set with newborn, and just a few more sleep suits to get for 0-3months, then lots to get for 3-6!! I'm ok if baby is a boy as y nephew has so much! I'm also waiting for my SIL to sort out what she is lending us in terms of clothes, but she isn't in any rush and I feel bad asking about it. But I feel like I need to get this sorted soon! I'm starting to panic that in 14 weeks I could have my baby here and in my mind they'll have nothing :haha:

Need to speak to mil, SIL and Gil (grandmother in law!) when we are over for Christmas about what they are knitting - lots of hats, cardigans and booties I hope! In a variety of sizes!

Oh my ladies on the boob front I was at 32 dd to start with and a petitie size 8 (top heavy to say the least! and NOW OMG OMG OMG i'm suprosed they are not by my knees ....38 G! before milk SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its very uncomfy :( OH LOVES it but i hate it with a passion infact i was very cheery today as they felt less full but then followed my a panic omg is bubs ok?! LOL naturally he is just fine!!

I have various hand me downs on the vest babygrow front but still have very little idea of what i will actually need for that time of yr...ugh well i can always order more when he is born if i'm missing something!

Hope everyone is ok?

oooops maybesoon! We have brought Benson a cute teddy bear fluffy all in one suit for winter next year because it was just super cute! lol

LOL nimbec!! I feel your pain, I'm also a G at the moment! Have you found that your hips have gotten any bigger too? I was a size 8-10 now I'm at a 12 I can see my hips are wider.

Talking of boobies the funniest thing happened today while I was watching tv... suddenly Benson kicked really high near my boob and it bounced a tiiiny bit but you could see it move!!! hahahahaha new party trick!!

lol talking about overboard..... My bff has already bought Mason a winter coat for next year!!!!

That's so sweet! I have heard a lot of people buy stuff in the sals for the next year, so in the Christmas sales (if they were us) they'd be buying stuff in 9-12 months size! I am not that organised!

Hi ladies :D
I hope everyone is doing well :D

The main clothes you'll need is vests and sleepsuits. My Son pretty much lived in those for the first few months unless we were going somewhere special. They're just convenient (easy to change) and comfy for baby.

The amount you need is the hard one to guess. It depends on how often you'll be putting a wash on really lol. As others have said, they'll grow out of them before you know it and I imagine everyone will receive some as gifts.

Don't go overboard would be my best advice, you can always buy more if you feel you don't have enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->