April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Can I ask experienced mummas....what do braxton hicks feel like?

I'm having mild period like cramps in my low abdomen. Haven't had these at all before, so of course I'm scared :blush:

Doggylover- they feel like a tightening off your uterus and sometimes they do feel a bit like menstrual cramping. I've been getting them a lot. Stretching can also feel like cramps too. Being my fourth pregnancy my branxton hicks are much stronger this time and have started much earlier. Don't worry, whether it's bh or stretching, I don't think you have anything to worry about :)

Yep Kristyrich, I have a support belt. I work in retail, so on my feet for hours and hours every shift. I was getting super bad back pain and ligament pain and now that I have been using the belt every time I work I really haven't had any bad pain. So either it works, or my body has adjusted. Maybe a little of both? Anyway, I am going to keep on using mine anytime I know I will be on my feet for 4-5+ hours.

Doggy I have had the BH contractions. Usually they don't hurt and I just feel my belly tighten and harden, but if I have been having any ligament pain for some reason then my BH contractions also hurt. I said to my MW that I had read BH contractions don't hurt and she said "the man who named them never had one, so I wouldn't trust his opinion" :haha: But sorry you are having pain! Drink lots of water, not enough water can also make you crampy. Feel better!

Prob won't get on here for a couple of days, but hope everyone has a lovely xmas!

Doggylover, they can be different for different people. Mine vary, too. Sometimes it is just a tightening feeling and sometimes it's more intense like early labor was for me. That ranges from just... A weird feeling that I cant describe really to period type cramps that come and go. The big thing is to time them. If they are consistant and start getting longer and more frequent (and more intense), it may be time to worry (though could also not be. i was in false labor nearly constantly from 38 weeks on with Mae). I had pretty constant bh contractions from about 28 weeks on with her, too. I've had s couple of pretty intense ones today with several mild ones (as I type now, actually). My uterus just gets super excited, apparently.

So, point is, time them. And it won't hurt anything to call it in if you get very concerned. I'm sure they see it all the time and you'll get peace of mind.

Kirstabelle made a great suggestion. Drink a big glass of water and have a lie down. They will probably calm down after that. :flower:

Thanks ladies :) the pain I was having was constant and unchanging so maybe it wasn't bh and was ligament pain. I think I may be a little dehydrated so will get on that today.

Happy Christmas Eve to all!

good morning ladies, doggylover I think it's ligament pain too, when you have braxton hicks your tummy goes hard and you get a little out of breath and usually not more than 5 times an hour xx if you get them drink water and lay on your left side, it takes off the edge if you have pain xx

I have noticed the ligaments in my pubic area have begun to loosen, I am in so much pain when I turn over in the night, Also having lots of RLS :( the joys of pregnancy!! xx

Have a lovely xmas eve everyone :)

Hiya ladies, does any one have or know of group b strep? Got a letter through today addressed to the doctor not even me saying I have it! And I am seriously freaking out!!!!!!! :( x

I found this online on the nhs website kealz I hope it helps xx

https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2037.aspx?CategoryID=54

I personally dont know what it is but I'm guessing its a bacterial infection so hopefully they can treat it xxx

this link was a bit more helpful Kealz xx

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1261271/Expecting-baby-Then-aware-dangers-Strep-B.html

My friend had Strep B and it is very common and you don't need to worry about it. Some women test positive and some don't, and as far as I know its just something that is carried and you are not actually sick from it. Usually in the US and Australia they just give you antibiotics in early labour as there is a small chance of passing it to baby which can cause probs for baby. And pretty sure it only matters if you are having a vaginal birth, and I forget if you are one of the people who already know they are having a section? My friend's baby is totally fine, so is my friend :thumbup: I am sorry that some silly admin person has given you a fright on xmas, when your doctor should have been able to explain it to you and not frighten you, instead! Please don't worry x

Merry xmas Eve ladies!

yes it is a bit naughty of them to send the letter on xmas when you have to wait to see a doctor to find out what's going on!! xxx

Hiya ladies, does any one have or know of group b strep? Got a letter through today addressed to the doctor not even me saying I have it! And I am seriously freaking out!!!!!!! :( x

I was positive with Maisie. Seriously nothing to worry about!!! They just put antibiotics in your IV during labor as a super-precaution against bubs contracting it during birth (which is already a miniscule chance even without the antibiotics!). That's all. :flower: I think I have to have the IV meds again despite it being 20 months later because I think if you are a carrier, you are always a carrier whether or not it's present down south when they swab. I've heard of some docs/mws not even bothering to do the swab again if you have tested positive before. Not sure. Guess I'll find out in a few months.

Thanks ladies! I was panicking a bit as the letter was so vague!!! But I am going to complain about them sending me a letter that's not even meant for me, and causing worry! Thing is I saw the bloody doctor who wrote the letter last week and she said nothing!!! Any way I'm going to chill out and enjoy Christmas and worry about it later! Hope u all have a lovely Christmas! Lots of love xxx

Thanks ladies! I was panicking a bit as the letter was so vague!!! But I am going to complain about them sending me a letter that's not even meant for me, and causing worry! Thing is I saw the bloody doctor who wrote the letter last week and she said nothing!!! Any way I'm going to chill out and enjoy Christmas and worry about it later! Hope u all have a lovely Christmas! Lots of love xxx

Seriously, it isn't anything to worry about now or later.

It is strange to me they would test for it so early, though, but I guess different docs have different procedures. Did they swab you? Or maybe they just went ahead and did it when you had a pap or something? Last time my doc said something like "I'm swabbing for strep b. It's no big deal if you have it, we'll just add antibiotics to your IV during labor. We'll tell you the results of the swab next week at your appointment." It's not like that's a long hard explanation or anything! Here, they routinely test everyone at 36 weeks. My understanding is that they don't routinely test for it in the uk? So plenty of people have it and are popping out babies without the antibiotics with few or no issues.

When I had a bleed at 19 weeks they did a swab then but not for stepb! That was on 17th November, and only just got the results now! In the uk they don't test you for it! Unless they think you could be at risk! So thank goodness I had a swab or I never would have known!!!! X

I will be requesting the strep b test after this! I didnt even know this was a thing but apparently its very common!

Has anyone else removed a naval piercing? I removed mine weeks ago but now the skin has stretched so far its starting to split! This never happened with the other two. Ive had this piercing since I was 15! :/ xxx

Yeah I know! It's good we all chat to each other otherwise none of us would know certain things! I took mine out at about 18 weeks with Paige and never put it back in! But mine still itches where it's stretching!!! X

Hi all I just wanted to wish u all a merry Christmas!!! U have all the familly here and it's BONKERS as some o u may remember I'm doing Xmas lunch for 9 tomorrow eeek!! Sorry if I'm not on much for a few days! Hope all if you are well and bumps are ok!

Spk soon xx

Its the bit of skin inside the hole thats split a bit. Im going to keep it clean with savlon and slap a tonne of cream on it and pray it doesnt split completely! xxx

Merry Christmas Nimbec and everyone else xxxxxx

Merry christmas to all the april mummies and blossoming bumps, hope you all have a wonderful day!! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->