April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Hehe Doggylover I like your logic!! I just said well u can buy it now ....or ...buy it in 2 months at full price hahaha!! His choice hehe!

OUCH!!! What the f**k is my baby doing tonight?! It feels like s/he is pinching my insides, and actually poking my bladder with their finger.

Not pleasant! This is the first time the little buggar has hurt me, and it better not continue!!!

Well my Lucas just tried to get into my bed and now Im wide awake so I guess I shall give my input to nimbec too :p I used avent bottles and tommie tippie with my kids and found the advent bottles slightly easier but it is all about finding what works best for you. I bf'ed and bottle fed with no issuesnon both bottles. I guess my kids didnt care about the teat just that they were getting food haha. Make sure you get 1drop bottles for birth and 2drop bottles for about 2 months onwards until your baby needs more milk faster. You'll be surprised at how fast babies can drink! Having the right teat flow stops the baby drinking too fast and spitting it all back up. Avent and tommie tippie both have air flow so it helps baby taking in air between sucks.

baby bouncing chairs are tricky. I had an old cheapy one which was perfect then I got a new one with lihts and sounds and luke hated it. he was all bunched up in it and his neck looked wonky so I got rid. Inprefer the basic sling chairs. they use them for around 2 years so pay a decent amount but dont go nuts.

I also am getting the snuza go nappy clip. it clips onto the nappy and if the baby stops breathing for a few seconds it senses it through belly movements and vibrates to stimulate the baby to breathe naturally. If the baby still doesnt breathe it sounds an alarm so you can give cpr etc. I prefer those to the mats because the baby can move off the mat. the mat is under a matress and the mat isnt really as effective. plus with the snuza go you can take it in the car or on holiday. I found mine for £70 on ebay.

as for baby monitors. If you live in a small place like me or all on one level you wont really need one. I have the bedroom next to the front room so can just pop in and out and hear for cries. If you live in a house or have baby in another room sleeping I would suggest a video monitor so you can see baby and hear him. A normal sound monitor is fine too though as long as you feel it is good enouh for you then its fine.

I think I covered all the questions. Im on my phone so can't skip back. Most baby items you need are more about personal comfort and finding what works for you and your baby. Kind of like finding a new car. There are many types but you have your favorites which wont be the same as my favorites. Sorry for the crap description. Its late ;)

glad your piercing is better steph. It sounds like you have loadsof baby stuff! Next we have to pack our hospital bags for us and baby eeeeek!

Doggylover that comment was hilare! Men are so silly!

I am having some bladder control issues as Im getting bigger. If I laugh too much I actually pee my pants a little. Connie thinks this is hillarious Im not so sure.

My baby has been hurting me a bit lately too. he has some mean elbows on him :( I get it when Im cooking near the gas burner. He moves towards the heat and rubs up against my tummy with his pointy elbows haha. And when Im watching tv... God forbid I lay party on my tummy. He hates that. He kicks the part of my tummy where the bed is until I roll over! Hes starting to get a bit of a personality already.

Oh well I spose I should go back to sleep before Im awoken at 6 to make them breakfast hehe. Good night ladies xxxx

OUCH!!! What the f**k is my baby doing tonight?! It feels like s/he is pinching my insides, and actually poking my bladder with their finger.

Not pleasant! This is the first time the little buggar has hurt me, and it better not continue!!!

:haha:
It starts (LOL! I first typed "sharts." I certainly hope that's not what baby is doing in there)!

Maybe it was in my head, but toward the end with Maisie, I would swear she was like... literally trying to claw her way out -- I could feel her fingernails scratching me! And she'd definitely poke me back if I poked her and stuff like that. Yay! It's about to get so fun! And uncomfortable! :haha:

ukgirl is right. We don't really NEED any of this baby stuff. :haha: Some diapers and onesies and receiving blankets, maybe a couple of basic bottles and a place to sleep pretty much covers all the basics. Everything else is extra. It really is all about the heightening the parents' comfort levels. :winkwink: And since all parents and babies are different, what one person found essential someone else is going to find totally useless. :shrug:

You guys totally have me adding that stupid diaper clip to my registry (that no one knows about :haha:), though. Not sure if I'll get it since I pretty much expect this baby to be attached to me 24/7 for at least the first 3 months but it's nice to consider. :dohh:

LOL at all the little pokes we are getting!!

Its funny, I actually wait for them and then once he pokes too hard I complain :haha:. This weekend, I swear Grayson was breakdancing in there and I just kept feeling him in different places! I called OH to come feel (casue if I get up and walk around, he usually stops lol). As soon as OH put his large/ warm hand on my belly... the baby stopped :sleep:. Being the patient man that he is... he went back to what he was doing and not even 5 sec after he moved his hand, baby kicked like he was trying to break his own water :haha:. I guess he told his daddy what he thought of him :rofl:

So here is a TMI question... Is anyone else NOT enoying sex anymore?? :blush:. Not only is my sex drive completely gone (which is total opposite of before BFP) but it actually feels miserable when we do :wacko:. We still DTD when he is home every other weekend but I think its more just to ensure that we are still "OK and Normal"?!? Does that make sense?

Steph -- I haven't enjoyed sex since I got pregnant with Maisie. :nope: It hurt when I was pregnant with her and it hurt even more after I had her. We actually haven't bothered since I got pregnant this time (I've, of course, helped hubby out in other ways, but I just don't want it at all). :shrug: I had a low sex drive to begin with, really, and pregnancy really, really kills it for me. I wish I were like the pregnancy books all say I should be! :haha:

Yeah we've had sex twice since I got pregnant. And the first time actually HURT. The second time was ok, but I just felt so...uncomfortable. Not physically, but ...mentally?! I keep telling dh we NEED TO HAVE SEX but we never get round to it :shrug: and now I'm so big I can't see it working well :haha: we are strictly missionary style (very boring, but it works for us lol!) so it's a possibility we may not do it until well after baby is born. Maybe never again :rofl:

And littlespy...clawing her way out?! What a horrible thought! Although the pain my baby was causing me last night I can totally see how that can happen. Not looking forward to that at all!

Steph my dh is awful about getting to my belly in time to see/feel the kicks. So (maybe I said this already?) last night I put the remote on my belly and we watched it bounce around. You can see it wobble with all the tiny movements as well, and dh can see that so much more easily!

I used to not enjoy sex but my OH loves it so we have found a good 3 or 4 positions that work for us and it has made it more fun, plus it seems a lot more intense the further along I get lol. Some nights we will work each other up for it then be too tired to follow it through and fall asleep haha.. Usually this would annoy me but I'm just as sleepy as he is lately so I don't mind.

we may not do it until well after baby is born. Maybe never again :rofl: QUOTE]

then be too tired to follow it through and fall asleep haha.. Usually this would annoy me but I'm just as sleepy as he is lately so I don't mind.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

If you asked me right now... I think I would be fine to never have sex again lol. I think OH is relieved that I have no drive right now because he does not find pregnancy sexy :haha: (he hasnt said anything but I can tell :haha:)

Hey ladies! Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas break! DH and I are back home now, and you'll have to forgive me for not reading back on everything to catch up properly.

doggylover: my LO has been causing some pain too! I'm pretty sure Peter's feet are pointed straight down, because last night while we were on the train on the way home, I kept getting kicked in the crotch from the inside! It was incredibly unpleasant. I tried wiggling my belly a bit to get him to move to another position, and even went for a walk to try and shift things around. Finally it stopped!

I guess it must be all the sugary goodies I've had these last few days, but LO is going crazy bouncing around in there! Dh has got to feel it a few times now.

We have our baby shower weekend set now for Feb. 09th so I'm pretty excited for that! We got some adorable little bits of stuff for Christmas too.

Getting close to v-day!!

Gld you had a good Xmas readytomum :) and I agree, probably all the sugar I've been having has been making baby super active! The poor thing is strung out on a sugar high!

Steph, the only reason I currently see a need for sex in the future is for more babies :haha:

Steph, the only reason I currently see a need for sex in the future is for more babies :haha:

Pretty much. We didn't dtd more than a few times (I mean, seriously, ouch for me) until ttc #2. Then it still wasn't fun for me, tbvh. :nope: I try not to let the discomfort show (because hubby happens to not be a sadist) but it's really difficult for me! There has to be some procedure to repair a vagina, right? :haha: :nope:

And I'm very boring (or lazy) and prefer missionary, too. Hubby really doesn't care for it (but will take what he can get most of the time). So at least if we ever get around to it before this baby is born, he'll get his way because missionary is completely out of the question at this point. :haha:

:haha: steph! You can draw up the plans for that one!

Littlespy I'm glad to hear you say that. Tbh, dh and I have never had a wild or particularly active sex life. We both used to enjoy the two week wait as it gave us an excuse to just go to bed and sleep :rofl: so good to know that we won't be the only ones who aren't dying to get back to it! Not so nice to hear about the discomfort you suffer from though. I think you said before that was from tearing during Maisie's birth? That scares me....a LOT.

Well I knew the girl who delivered both my babies. Norway is a small place haha. She stiched me up tight after I had Lucas even though I didnt need it. Took a year to heal but it wasnt like I was a bucket after birth anyway. Im sad that she wont get to deliver this one and Im sure I'll get treated like a cattle. get me in to pop him out then get me home as they need the bed.

We have found a new flat. We are going to view it on tuesday. Im so excited. its much bigger than this place and nicer. Plus its ground floor so no stairs! Yay.. I hope we can get it!

Doggylover, I shall start on the business plan :rofl:

Candy, Good luck with the flat! It sounds wonderful!!!

Candy that's great about the potential be flat- fingers crossed for you!

And hopefully we'll all be able to be kicked out of hospital quickly..so no complications! Although as a FTM I'll be terrified about what to do with the baby when I get home!!

https://thelaughingstork.com/blog/2...-between-your-second-pregnancy-and-the-first/

https://thelaughingstork.com/blog/2...-between-your-second-pregnancy-and-the-first/

:haha:

And thank goodness for my MIL remembering #4, as she gave me 4 new pair of big fat PJ pants for Christmas! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->